526 Main Street
Edmonds, WA 98020Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.epulobistro.com/
- Phone: 4256788680x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Tim Carr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: Epulo Bistro is close to Community Transit bus stops, the Sound Transit Sounder train, and the Kingston Ferry
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Epulo provides a small lot to park your car, in addition to the plentiful FREE street parking in Downtown Edmonds.
A word from Epulo Bistro
Epulo Bistro serves seasonal Northwest cuisine with a Mediterranean flare and creative seasonal cocktails in a fun and welcoming atmosphere. Located on Main Street in downtown Edmonds, we are just steps away from local boutique shops, the theater and the Kingston Ferry. Epulo is a family owned, upscale bistro that prides itself on combining both modern-creative and traditional cooking practices. and also to sell delicious and remarkable food and drinks. Please join us as we aim to be a giving member of the Edmonds community and use our restaurant to improve the quality of life in the Puget Sound region!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Epulo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Edmonds ›
Epulo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (63)special occasion (50)romantic (38)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Food was okay, but nothing to write home about. Best thing of the night was the homemade pate on the small plate. I was very difficult to hear anyone at the table because of the acoustics. We liked everything but could not rave about it.Special Features:
- Great foodie find in EdmondsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014three of us shared starters and entrees and they were all so delicious, unique ingredients, flavours and presentation. our server was friendly and funny and just added to our experience. not only will we be back but will recommend Epulo to our friends.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceGoody1Dined on 8/23/2014We took some foodie snobs here last week and they raved about the place! Loved it not being a chain restaurant. Great service. Bartenders very knowledgable. Fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014The place was packed and our server was new. She served us clams with pasta even though we ordered it gluten-free and waited nearly 10 minutes to get her attention to take it back to re-do. She also didn't know the wine list and said she'd get the wine steward but came back to tell us he was 'too busy' to talk to us. The black cod special was excellent but the place was noisy and service was really inefficient and slow - it took us 2.5 hours to be served an appetizer, salads and main courses.Special Features:
- Great to be with friendsyoungliferDined on 8/19/2014We brought some great out of town friends for dinner and they loved it. We always enjoy our experience and food at Epulo. The special's for the night were GREAT! The waitress's knowledge of beer and wines was off the chart. Fun to sample some new brands.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceSoundFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Everything at Epulo was topnotch - friendly attentive knowledgeable server, divine food and beautifully crafted cocktails. I recommend it highly and plan to come back to try new things. The only thing I would change is the bench seating in the half-booths - not that comfortable, especially for tall people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We've been to Epulo Bistro three times and have never been disappointed. It has become our "go to" restaurant when we want to enjoy inventive food and great service.Special Features:
- first time ever!ChygalDined on 8/15/2014We found Epulos on Yelp and decided to try it for our weekly Friday night date night. It was great! Nice menu and varied prices.Special Features:
- I'll be backBobzillaDined on 8/14/2014The pork medallions, served with peaches over polenta, was a great plate. My wife had Rigatoni Formaggio which was also quite good although every bit as rich as it sounded on the menu description. I loved that they had quality food on the kids menu - that is sadly more unusual than it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food beautifully preparedFinaFoodieDined on 8/12/2014I always get excited when I see a chef's tasting menu. I'm not sure if Epulo only does this on Tuesdays but I was very happy. I chose the tasting menu with the wine pairing and every single part of every dish was thought out and beautifully executed. The wines chosen played very well with their partners and elevated the dining experience just that much more. That being said, I didn't in any way feel like I was in an overly formal setting (as can be the case with a restaurant that offers a chef's tasting menu). The wait staff was very friendly and they seemed genuinely happy to take care of me. I definitely would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Happy 1st timerYYCgirlDined on 8/7/2014From Alberta & wanted to try this restaurant while visiting last summer, but unfortunately it was closed (Monday). Made sure to get there this year. I had the halibut, which was amazing. My friend (who is not very adventurous) stuck to the rigatoni & she was raving about how good it was. Nice ambience, not too loud, friendly service. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We had excellent food and service. We appreciate the small but diverse menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticErikDined on 8/3/2014Epulo is our favorite Edmonds restaurant to have a wonderful meal. It is always fantastic with delicious daily specials according to the season. This is the best dining option in Edmonds.Special Features:
- Edmonds fun spotpearldiver1Dined on 7/29/2014Saw the bistro reviewed on "Check, please" and thought we would try it. Some of the reviews had seriously complained about the noise level. We were there on a Tuesday night - the noise level was a bit loud but not so bad that you could not have a conversation, We had the Tuesday night 4 course meal & wine tasting offering. The food selections were excellent. Service was attentive but thought it did take a bit of a wait to receive our food for a pre-selected dinner. They do have on the street dining which was nice. It seems to be the place to be seen in Edmonds. We will come back and try some of the other items on the regular menu.Special Features:
- good but loudluv2dinegalDined on 7/26/2014Very loud thus difficult to have table conversation. Food was good, but servings rather small.
- I was disappointed use to be much bluv2dine2Dined on 7/23/2014We use to love this restaurant, Had to wait with reservation, owner didn't seem to care much, service use to be better, oh well...Special Features:
- worth the waitdottieDined on 7/23/2014Wenwaited 45 minutes to be seated for our reservation, then waited another 40 minutes to be asked for our order. arrived at 6;30, finished dessert at 9:15. I would have been fine but we came by ferry . The meal was fabulous, delightful flavors with beautiful presentation. Just be prepared to be in a "slow mode"Special Features:
- OutstandingdeliciousdinerDined on 7/23/2014Brought friends for the first time. They were amazed. The quality and flavors are beyond "normal" The menu is the right size for them to concentrate on what they are serving, instead of how many items they are making. The Rigatoni and roasted Cauliflower are sublime. Truffle oil adds to the pasta as did the varieties of mushrooms in it. The scallops were wonderful, too. Tuesday nights 4 course dinner is always a delightful surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and livelyNY2EdmondsDined on 7/20/2014The tables are cramped and the noise level is high. The lighting is dimmed to a romantic setting , but the noise and closeness of the tables precludes any whispered sweet nothings. The service is good - attentive, competent staff. The food could be excellent if the chef trusted his ingredients - much too much salt and minced garlic seasoning over what appears to be well prepared food. The salt was unevenly distributed so I assume some was sprinkled on as it left the kitchen. Overall, I won't be returning Epulo anytime soon. I can recommend the restaurant but only if I assume you like a close, loud and lively dining experience. The other proviso I would place is that you advise the chef to go very lightly on the seasoning.Special Features:
- Our second timeredbeaconDined on 7/19/2014We visited Epulo last year when wd stopped in Edmunds on a trip to Vancouver. We enjoyed the food and decided to return for a second time. Very good food. Great wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience ruined the mealedmonds2Dined on 7/18/2014We like Epulo but had not been for several months. With friends in town, we decided to have an 8 pm dinner. The music was so loud that even our lovely waitress could not hear us and she said she would turn down the music. Still, the music was so loud we could not have a conversation and the meal was really ruined because of this. With so many good bistros in Edmonds, we regret taking our guests to Epulo. We asked the waitress a second time to lower the volume, but the music remained loud.Special Features:
- JudeDined on 7/18/2014Dinner was outstanding as usual. The food and service are A+ and the staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I like the fact they will take time to chat with us like we are the only ones there. We have been to Epulo Bistro many times, it is our very favorite place to eat in Edmonds!!Special Features:
- Birthday place!BandCDined on 7/13/2014We recently had a birthday dinner at Epulo and it was excellent! They even let us bring in our own cake for the celebration, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday NightsHK14VIPDined on 7/13/2014I think they bring in second string chefs on Sunday nights. I would steer clear and only go the other nights of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in Edmonds!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We live in Issaquah so we don't get out to Edmonds very often. We happened to be staying in town for the weekend on our boat and had a wonderful dining experience at Epulo Bistro. From the perfectly attentive service to the intriguing specials to the outstanding meals that we enjoyed, this was an experience I would not have expected in a town that is pretty far removed from the greater Seattle area. The quality was truly outstanding and we were left extremely impressed and will plan on returning to Edmonds, even if it's just to drive up to have dinner at Epulo.Special Features:
- Glad we found this spotCGoodVIPDined on 7/12/2014We were looking for a new diner spot to try and booked here based on previous comments from OT. Located in the quaint village of Edmonds. Everything was better than expected..fresh copper river salmon, Penn Cove mussels.....YUM. Service was pleasant and we enjoyed our experience from start to finish. Capped off by an after dinner stroll in the village. What a fun evening !Special Features:
- Everything is awesome!!!!PushbutndogDined on 7/11/2014Copper river salmon was even tastier than normal, which they serve medium- rare so be sure to have it cooked to your preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House MadeCharcutierDined on 7/11/2014House made salami, coppa, rilletes, and must try buratta cheese. Everything we had was outstanding.Special Features:
- DevineTheGeneralDined on 7/10/2014This was the first time eating at Epulo and my date and I had a wonderful time; the restaurant was full and vibrant. The food was absolutely outstanding. Our first waiter did not provide ice for our wine in the bucket and he didn't check on us well. He then told us, he was leaving for his dinner break and another waitress came in to finish. They were both extremely nice. I'm guessing, this was due to the high volume of people, but everything else was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super service, inconsistent foodNWCornerEaterDined on 7/5/2014Our dinner at Epulo was great - especially the service. Our server was attentive, but never hurried us. We did not wait long for any course, which was good - eating later on a Saturday evening with three hungry teenagers. Salads and mussels were especially good - our only disappointment was the three pizzas we ordered - great flavors, but way to heavy on the cheese. If they lighten up with that, pizzas would be excellent as the crust was very good. Our son enjoyed the duck as well, but was left hungry.Special Features:
- Date nightBandCDined on 7/3/2014The diner and service was excellent! The only item we didn't like at all was the desert, pine but cheese cake not so delicious! We would absolutely go back and just try something different next time though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wil go again and again and again...JennyDined on 6/27/2014Easy reservation, great service, food is awesome and it's a gam in Edmonds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and romanticBellerepasDined on 6/27/2014I loved my evening at Epulo Bistro. Food was on point: delicate, delicious Italian, with plenty of surprise and variety and nuance. The service was calm/attentive, which is perfect. On a Friday night, I did not find parking a problem and making a reservation was so easy online. I am very fond of quiet restaurants, so I believe most would find Epulo just fine, but I found it moderately vibrant. The atmosphere is dark, golden, glowing, romantic and warm. We sat at a small table, but there are snuggly booths too. It was not at all expensive, plus being very high quality. We had a great time. Crazy huge wine list!! Wow. Certainly on my favorites list; cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Great little spotIseeUDined on 6/26/2014Nice little gem tucked away in Edmonds. Food and service was very good. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travelers retreatKipbobDined on 6/21/2014Just finished a Rick Steves seminar on travel & stopped in for a glass of happy hour wine. Truffle popcorn, roasted vegetable brains ( cauliflower), and some sliced heirloom tomatoes accompanied our generous glass of happy hour. Food was fresh & creative. Wine was fine. Venue was very comfortable with a nice noise level. We enjoyed our later afternoon recharge and will return for a dinner another time. As pescatarians, we found a good selection and prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends!diningdesignerDined on 6/20/2014Thanks to Epulo Bistro for another fabulous dining experience! As new residents of Edmonds, we wanted to share this wonderful eatery with two other couples from Seattle. We asked for a quieter spot in the restaurant and a perfect table had been reserved for us. The dinner was absolutely amazing.........two bottles of their recommended wine for the evening, six delicious plates to share for the main courses, and dessert that was outstanding. Our friends couldn't stop raving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soHopefullDined on 6/18/2014We were a group of 5 adults, one child. Our table was very confined in a corner. The waitress was very nice but I would have liked to have had my drink refilled. The lamb chops were displayed beautifully but lacked enough seasoning. Two had pasta and gave them thumbs up. The little donut holes with a caramel sauce was the highlight of the meal. Epulo is on the high side since you pay for everything. Don't expect a comp little basket of bread. I'm not sure why it took so long to get our meals since we were seated before the dinner crowd started. Overall I would give Epulo a low "C".Special Features:
- Very good dinner experienceVitalSparkDined on 6/14/2014Its not expensive 'fine dining' but its good food in a bistro style. Very reasonable pricing including the wines. Very enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a Second Trip...ChefAdamRDDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I recently moved to Edmonds and after nearly a year we realized that we hadn't yet explored any of the local restaurants. On a 14-month old recommendation from our Realtor we decided to try Epulo; and honestly I am glad we did. The food was contemporary and fun in a pleasantly romantic atmosphere in the heart of the town we fell in love with. Now, unfortunately we chose a Saturday Night - during the Edmonds Art Festival - for our first experience. It was fairly busy to say the least, and it seemed to be overwhelming for the service staff and the kitchen. My wife and I are both professional Chef's, so we were patient and understanding. Make a reservation, seating fills quickly.Special Features:
- Fantastic find in EdmondsThePatricksDined on 6/12/2014Went here for a birthday with great friends. Fantastic food and service. The owner even came over to talk and thank us for celebrating at his restaurant. Great atmosphere as well. This is a new "fav".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.