526 Main Street
Edmonds, WA 98020Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.epulobistro.com/
- Phone: (425) 678-8680
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Tim Carr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: Epulo Bistro is close to Community Transit bus stops, the Sound Transit Sounder train, and the Kingston Ferry
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Epulo provides a small lot to park your car, in addition to the plentiful FREE street parking in Downtown Edmonds.
A word from Epulo Bistro
Epulo Bistro serves seasonal Northwest cuisine with a Mediterranean flare and creative seasonal cocktails in a fun and welcoming atmosphere. Located on Main Street in downtown Edmonds, we are just steps away from local boutique shops, the theater and the Kingston Ferry. Epulo is a family owned, upscale bistro that prides itself on combining both modern-creative and traditional cooking practices. and also to sell delicious and remarkable food and drinks. Please join us as we aim to be a giving member of the Edmonds community and use our restaurant to improve the quality of life in the Puget Sound region!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Epulo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Edmonds ›
Epulo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (45)romantic (31)notable wine list (29)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (14)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A very nice discovery!JerryWDined on 11/21/2014This was our first time at Epulo and it did not disappoint. The small plates were imaginative and the servings were generous. Everything was well prepared and the service was first rate on a very busy evening. Proximity to the Kingston-Edmonds ferry landing makes Epulo a good choice for Olympic Peninsula diners who walk on the ferry and have an easy walk to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be ReturningluvgoodfoodDined on 11/20/2014Everything we had was well prepared, looked good on the plate and tasted wonderful. Hubby had the rigatoni with cheese and truffle. It was perfectly balanced. I had the scallops which came on a bed of lentils. Everything was perfectly cooked. Our dining partner enjoyed her margharita pizza and was equally as happy with her choice. We plan to return for the Tuesday evening Chef[s Tasting menu advertised on their website. A good value with the expectation that the food will be delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelNoiseDined on 11/19/2014Really hated the pounding background music. You just don't need this - didn't fit with the place. Made it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups!LuvWGDined on 11/12/2014We had reservations for a group of 5 who arrived at staggered times (over a 15 min. period or so) due to traffic issues. It took us a while to settle down and order drinks and appetizers, then finally entrees. Our server was extremely understanding and helpful. All of the food was excellent and very nicely presented. We also did not remember to ask for separate checks until the end of the meal. No problem! Again our server promptly and cheerfully split out each bill individually. We spent quite a bit of time at the table catching up with each other and never felt rushed. Thanks to Epulo for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MDK66Dined on 11/6/2014First time and met friends there for dinner before a show. Great food and service....would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Amazing food!nowdontletsbesillyDined on 10/29/2014Epulo hasn't disappointed me, but this last time was incredible. The food was so good. We went for Seattle Restaurant Week, and figured we'd get smaller portions, but oh no, they were HUGE! We ate so much, but not only was there a lot of it, is was just amazing. I had the burrata cheese, which came with 6 large pieces of bread. My husband had the calamari, and it was basically a full size to share. Our entrees were similarly large, and then dessert on top? We rolled out of there, went home and put and stretchy pants. The zeppole for dessert is so good, but after the rest of our meals we didn't really need anything else... but I couldn't leave any behind it was so good! The atmosphere is nice, it can be a little loud, but varies.Special Features:
- Great place!ambrujbanDined on 10/26/2014We went to Epulo to celebrate our 11th anniversary. We wanted a place that is not too far from home -the kids had school the next day -, kids friendly, and with good food and wine. Epulo meets all these requirements, and their lamb chops are just to die for.Special Features:
- Great local choice for EdmondsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014Food was delicious! Especially liked the cauliflower and asparagus appetizers and the short rib. Service was prompt with food arriving fresh and hot!Special Features:
- Too noisy!aaaabbDined on 10/25/2014The food was quite good, however, the restaurant is so loud that I could not have a conversation with my friends. What a shame! I recommend they turn off the background music which you can't really hear anyway and see if that doesn't make the sound level more bearable. I would not erecommend the restaurant so there should be a category for that under number 2.Special Features:
- Love Epulo Bistro!JTSquareDined on 10/25/2014Can't say enough good things about this place. Fantastic meal, great flavors, amazing all around.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favorite2newhousesDined on 10/23/2014Great ambiance, superb food and friendly service in downtown Edmonds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful meal!BothellShopperVIPDined on 10/23/2014We had a terrific experience at Epulo! The food was excellent, service just right, and atmosphere - perfect! We had the beef brisket and pizza, asparagus salad, and I recommend them all. A nice touch was the delicious torte to finish a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- OutstandingKittyLoverDined on 10/21/2014Very glad that it was featured on the Seattle Restaurant Week because I may not have discovered this gem close to home. Surprised to learn that it has been existing for five years.Special Features:
- It's only okayAVKfromEdmondsDined on 10/19/2014I guess I was expecting a more flavorful experience. The interior is nice, the bar is festive. But the food wasn't that great.
- DisappointedlovetodineoutDined on 10/17/2014I have dined with you many times. Always enjoyed myself and have recommended your place to many others. I visited the other evening with a woman who had a "two-for-one" Passport card. The card was not the reason I chose your restaurant, but we went ahead and used it. When our server returned with our check, she informed us there was an automatic 18% tip added to the bill because we used the card. That offended me, a cheap trick. If you take the Passport Card, then honor it with no strings. I did not object to the tip, as would have left at least that much anyway. I left disappointed about my dining experience, a first for Epulu which I have always considered a gem.Special Features:
- IseeUDined on 10/16/2014This is our 3rd visit to Epulo, it still maintains its charming setting, great service and good food. I did mention that it was our niece's birthday when making the reservation and the waitress was kind enough to add a simple candle to our niece's dessert to show us that the restaurant cares. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastaDined on 10/8/2014Great place. Tried to email my thanks to the restaurant but couldn't find an email on their website. Wonderful pasta with crab. Would they part with the recipe. KatieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuckyDined on 10/5/2014We had a lovely 40th wedding anniversary dinner at Epulo. The meal, from appetizers through dessert, was excellent and we had a special bottle of Amarone to celebrate. Though everything was delicious, I especially loved my husband's asparagus risotto that accompanied his duck breast entree and the roasted cauliflower that is listed as a side, but we enjoyed it as an appetizer with the calamari and shrimp. Our server Jarod paced the meal perfectly and though we were the last diners on a Sunday evening, we were not rushed by the staff. I am excited to return with friends to perhaps make a meal of all the delicious sounding appetizers and sides. Epulo was a great discovery for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but loudDavidDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed the the food served as well as the sherry. But, the noise level is pretty high and it was difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The entrees were beautifully cooked, but very expensive for the little we got. I didn't like the lentils that were barely cooked and too crunchy. We asked the waitress for at least a little bread to accompany our sparse dinners, and when she said it would be $3 more I politely declined. To her credit, she supplied the bread at no cost but at the end of our meal. No ice in the water when it was served--why? The noise level was incredible and our table was right in the middle of it all. Sorry, I truly was expecting more for this birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Great Dining in EdmondsCO206Dined on 10/2/2014My husband and I visit this place often, as it is one of the top places in Edmonds for dinner (in my opinion). Great food for foodies, ambiance is dim and rich, happy hour specials v. good. Wine list has a great array of choices. Menu changes enough to make it interesting, but they keep the favorites. Service has the propensity to be sluggish and has been on nearly all occasions (-1 star) but is always friendly nonetheless. When Edmonds is the meeting spot with friends I always suggest Epulo along with The Loft, Cheesemonger, & Milltown.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerGarlinaDined on 9/28/2014We had short ribs and tomato bisque, the sausage pizza and pepperoni pizza, all of which were very good. My daughter-in-law had the hamburger which she said was excellent. We shared a berry cobbler served hot with a small dish of ice cream, a perfect ending, not too sweet. The servings were appropriate in size. The high straight wooden back of the booth was a bit uncomfortable but the cushions helped on the seat. We were seated quickly, having made reservations for an early hour on a Sunday. The service was reasonably fast, and empty plates were removed quickly. Identified as a dual birthday celebration when I made the reservation, this was not acknowledged while we were there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent food, but high prices. Dinner for 2, with 1 salad, 2 entrees, and 3 glasses of wine over $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The noise level was much too loud - which took away from the food & the service which were both very, very good.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Epulo has been a favorite for us foodies for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryEpulolover1Dined on 9/20/2014What a wonderful experience! Short ribs a tasty pleasure. The pizza delicious. Ambience splendid. Service with a smile. Met all of my expectations.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOccasionalDinerDined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful meal and fun drinks. We felt kind of cramped at our table, though. We were sitting at a four-person table that felt like it was in an aisle. A booth would have been better and quieter, I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!milosmomDined on 9/13/2014Fabulous food, excellent service, nice folks, a real gem and we will be back.Special Features:
- Great experienceDaveDined on 9/7/2014A party of four, we celebrated two wedding anniversaries together at Epulo Bisto. Our server Sara K. was everything a server should be. We brought our own special wines from our cellars and they were handled very well. All food courses were excellent showing skill and artistry in the kitchen. Timing was perfect. Would go back again in a heartbeat. Add the overall appeal of Edmonds and a great experience is almost guaranteed.Special Features:
- Still goodtim520VIPDined on 9/6/2014The menu is very appealing and is appetizing. Small plates are enticing. Plan to linger over your dinrer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BistroCanuksdineoutDined on 9/5/2014We came from Canada on the recommendation of the program "Check Please" and were not disappointed at all - service was lovely and the food was very good indeed! We were served a little taste of smoked salmon mousse on a crisp cracker immediately while we read the menu - very nice touch! My husband and I shared the lamb chop appetizer and it was delicious and I had the chicken dish which was tasty and complimented well by the risotto. My husband had the pork medallions and he was happy with them but was not impressed with the polenta, but I think that might have been a personal preference - he should have had the garlic mashed potatoes! No room for dessert! Would recommend and return!Special Features:
- NOISEthegemDined on 9/5/2014I will never go back. So noisy my friend and I had to shout at each other. The food was expensive, which I don't mind, but it should be really good and a big enough portion so that I'm not hungry when I leave
- DeliciousDawnthemomDined on 8/31/2014We came over from Redmond and it was worth the 40 minute drive. The food was delicious and the service equally good. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Always good....CovertOperationsDined on 8/30/2014I have never had a bad meal at Epulo Bistro. The food is great and the staff friendly. A great place for a nice meal that doesn't break the bank.Special Features:
- just okaylucumaDined on 8/27/2014Food was okay, but nothing to write home about. Best thing of the night was the homemade pate on the small plate. I was very difficult to hear anyone at the table because of the acoustics. We liked everything but could not rave about it.Special Features:
- Great foodie find in EdmondsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014three of us shared starters and entrees and they were all so delicious, unique ingredients, flavours and presentation. our server was friendly and funny and just added to our experience. not only will we be back but will recommend Epulo to our friends.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceGoody1Dined on 8/23/2014We took some foodie snobs here last week and they raved about the place! Loved it not being a chain restaurant. Great service. Bartenders very knowledgable. Fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceglutenfreeDined on 8/23/2014The place was packed and our server was new. She served us clams with pasta even though we ordered it gluten-free and waited nearly 10 minutes to get her attention to take it back to re-do. She also didn't know the wine list and said she'd get the wine steward but came back to tell us he was 'too busy' to talk to us. The black cod special was excellent but the place was noisy and service was really inefficient and slow - it took us 2.5 hours to be served an appetizer, salads and main courses.Special Features:
- Great to be with friendsyoungliferDined on 8/19/2014We brought some great out of town friends for dinner and they loved it. We always enjoy our experience and food at Epulo. The special's for the night were GREAT! The waitress's knowledge of beer and wines was off the chart. Fun to sample some new brands.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceSoundFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Everything at Epulo was topnotch - friendly attentive knowledgeable server, divine food and beautifully crafted cocktails. I recommend it highly and plan to come back to try new things. The only thing I would change is the bench seating in the half-booths - not that comfortable, especially for tall people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.