Epoch at The Exeter Inn
Two Pine Street
Exeter, NH 03833Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Epoch at The Exeter Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.epochrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (603) 772-5901
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Mon- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Peter Agostinelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Onsite and offsite available call catering office at 603-772-5901 ext 406
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 10 or more call to find out about our 5 private rooms for group of 10 to 130
- Private Party Contact: Shannon Cote 6037725901x406
- Special Events: Every day is a special event at Epoch. Whether your staying in house and joining us for breakfast or bringing a group for dinner on our patio. Please allow us to treat you with our farm to table menu and hosted events: wine dinners, private parties and and entertainment outdoors on the patio. Our Sunday brunch is a local favorite with a specialty Bloody Mary menu and seasonal menu.
A word from Epoch at The Exeter Inn
We welcome you to Epoch Restaurant and Bar located in Exeter NH. Join us for casually elegant dining featuring the freshest seacoast of New Hampshire products creatively presented. Our award winning kitchen staff takes great pride in serving only the most exquisite food to our guests. Come try this new creative restaurant with great service and outstanding food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Epoch at The Exeter Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (12)good for groups (11)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/16/2014stopped here for brunch. food was very good, wine and beer also great. wait staff was excellent. nice decor and cozy atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we returned!MeermDined on 11/14/2014It has been a few years since we ate at Epoch. It was ok before. This time went during Portsmouth Restaurant Week and found it much improved. Service was excellent and food was delicious! Well presented and very flavorful. This is our new go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mangiDined on 11/8/2014It was a most enjoyable evening, food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014Went to a breakfast meeting with a colleague. The food was good. The service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but pricey!jillDined on 10/30/2014We gathered as friends for a reunion and had the restaurant practically to ourselves. Started with the cheese platter which was a wonderful selection. The salmon entree was delicious, risotto, small portion was enough for one to take some home. shared a creme brule with fresh berries, also excellent. Over $30 per person, no alcohol and shared dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TineDined on 10/25/2014We were out celebrating my daughters birthday- we got a nice corner table for 6. Very comfortable . Excellent service. Food was great, we had different appetizers and main courses. The creame brûlée was the best. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent good food qualityNewmarketerDined on 10/21/2014We have been dining at the Epoch for a couple of years now. This time we tried the local oysters from Maine and they were the best we ever had, fantastic. Food quality is consistently good and we especially appreciate the fact that you can have most entrees as small portions which are probably three quarters the size of regular ones. The one problem all their waiters have every time we eat there is serving wine. Either they almost break their fingers trying to pull a cork or they completely forget refilling glasses. Other than that always very friendly and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary11thanniversaryDined on 10/20/2014We were so impressed with our meals and the service. We wanted to celebrate our anniversary close by because we have little ones. We are thrilled to have such a classy restaurant locally.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014You're kitchen staff is falling behind. We waited some time to get jusg bread and water. We waited a verg long time to get our meal. And we waited much more than needed for our dessert. Please work on the speed of your service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchHeatherBeeDined on 10/12/2014The brunch was fantastic. I loved the Bloody Mary Bar. My guest raved about the stuffed french toast all daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening out2friendsDined on 10/8/2014Delicious. The fried pickles are amazing. And the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine at the EpochlauraDined on 10/5/2014Service, ambiance, food, was all delightful. We enjoyed the welcoming feel of the Exeter Inn even while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceyouvegottogoDined on 9/22/2014Loved everything about Epoch! The food was delicious and the service was professional and friendly. The staff were all warm and inviting. The decor was modern yet cozy. Would love to take advantage of the outdoor seating. Epoch offers 2 portion size meals for most of their entrees. It's your choice to go big or go smaller, but there is plenty of food for the smaller size portion...I love that!Special Features:
- Not up to parLauraVIPDined on 9/20/2014I've had some excellent small plates at Epoch, and was looking forward to a full meal. The soup, a smoky tomato bisque, was excellent. I was disappointed in the entree which was a seafood tagliatelle. While the pasta was fresh and delicious, as were the shrimp, scallops and mussels, the sauce was disappointing. It was spicier than I expected, which wasn't in the description of the dish. I suppose I should have asked, but the wait staff wasn't as friendly as usual, and didn't volunteer info. Perhaps that was due to the wedding in the next room. Service was unevenly paced as well. One of our party asked for Tabasco for her soup, and it took quite a while to be delivered. I will dine there again; as I usually like the menu and staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect brunch spotBrenKrisDined on 9/7/2014Epoch has a beautiful outdoor seating area perfect for a beautiful Sunday brunch. Food was delicious and a good variety of choices for each type of meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and LocalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014The Epoch is a very good local restaurant, reasonably priced and open Monday! I think the staff could do with some training (being more attentive without being intrusive) which should be expected of a nice restaurant. However, the food was well prepared and appealing both visually and in its taste.Special Features:
- Very niceJimmy61Dined on 8/23/2014Nice dinner out. The server was very knowledgable and helpful explaining menu options and making recs. the one thing I think could be improved is lighting. Much too bright. Food was delicious and fresh. Overall a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!Ittybritty26Dined on 8/11/2014We had our wedding at the Exeter Inn in 2012, and have gone back for both our first and second anniversary dinners. Epoch has yet to disappoint. The drinks, service, and food were all excellent. The crab cakes are great. My husband had steak, which was very tender and flavorful. I had scallops, which were flavorful and not gritty like they can often be. The chocolate torte was delicious as well. I'm sure we will be back for many more anniversaries to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningMGM3841Dined on 8/10/2014The Exeter has redone Epoch since I was there last. It is far more family friendly and casual than when I was last there many years ago. This was a family evening and we were delighted by the choice on the menu which suited our teenage grandson and our steak loving son. My husband and I both had fish dishes that were nicely prepared and perfectly cooked. Service was friendly and not overwhelming. I will say I had the best martini ever at the bar and would go back just to have another!Special Features:
- Just OKRedfranVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food at Epoch was just OK...nothing special. It was disappointing since we ate on the terrace in a lovely garden. The food truly did not live up to the delightful environment.Special Features:
- Excellent everything!!DiningoutBillDined on 8/4/2014Great food and superb service from our wait person. My only critique would be that the portions are rather large and perhaps that could be explained a bit more prior to new customers ordering. Great stuff but way too much for some of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better...returnerVIPDined on 8/2/2014...than ever. Service is more knowledgeable (e.g., in describing beers and ales on draft). Cooking is more subtle. True, prices have gone up. But the experience (food and room) are worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!RobbieDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time at Epoch and didn't know what to expect. EVERYTHING was perfect! The decor, cleanliness, quality of food and service. We will definitely return with friends to share an exception experience.Special Features:
- The following 304 reviews are from the Epoch at The Exeter Inn reviews archive.
- Third visit a charmEpidineVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great new menu. Like the half-portions and variety. Bread and the food was very good. Chocolate panna cotta is excellent.Special Features:
- Interesting choicesfromCTDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed the seafood-heavy menu recently, with great salads and specials, attentive service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed BrunchFussyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Sitting in the shade having excellent bloody marys, not rushed, and good food although sort of same old, same old brunch items. A big salad without beef would be a good addition to the carb heavy menu.Special Features:
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014The food was great, atmosphere was very nice.( we had a view of a wedding taking place, Which was nice to see. The Service was slow, and every guestion we asked our waitress could not answer our guestions and had to go ask someone. But the staff was nice and friendly. For dinner at 7pm there was very few people in the restaurant. But overall we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet,good service & quality meatsCathyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Greatly improved service. Good quality meat, prepared well. Unfortunately all of both our main courses (steaks with potatoes and caponata) were heavily over-salted. A gazpacho with spicy poblano was excellent and thankfully not too salty. It had been a while since we had been too Epoch as the food is too salty for us and found the menu much more limited in choices than it had been.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The food and service were outstanding!! Nice atmosphere and quiet. The night before I was at a restaurant where I couldn't hear the person across from me. There were three people in our party and we were all impressed. There wasn't a speck of food left on the plate. I especially liked the fact that you could choose the size of your salad and entrée. Portions were very good even on the smaller plates.Special Features:
- Food very good, Service SlowBoscDined on 4/30/2014The open table reservations were awesome. The calamari app crunchy and spicy and was out very fast. After we put in our orders the food came out very quickly. The Grilled Swiss Chard was awesome but Steak Au Poivre tough and hard to chew but great flavor, presentation and spices. My mates loved duck (slightly overcooked) tuna (absolutely the best) and daily special pork chop (also the best). But, the waitress did not come back to take our order for 25 minutes after she brought our drinks. Then after we were done with dinner, plates clean, we sat at least 1/2 hour waiting for her to come and clear the dirty dishes and bring us the check. Believe me I had my credit card out when she stopped by because I couldn't take siSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantEK64VIPDined on 4/18/2014Under new management, the restaurant and hotel have stepped up a couple of notches in terms of service. Great place to visit when in town for Academy business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely space at the Exeter inn.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014Atmosphere was busy(restaurant wk) servers harried and food uneven.
- My wife and I went to ExeterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014My wife and I went to Exeter NH for the weekend; late check in and we thought we would "play it safe" and eat in the hotel restaurant--glad we did! Food was fantastic and the service was extremely friendly, courteous, and professional. We came back the second night for appetizers in the lounge and once again were treated to great service and marvelous food. Ahi tuna was seared to perfection, the pork shank was butter tender. Flavors were perfect. Even the drinks in the bar were excellent; made with fresh fruit and full flavored. We would definitely stop here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce night out with great foodgendreau603Dined on 2/25/2014We had a lovely time at Epoch. It was a very slow night (Tuesday) possibly due to school vacation, but we were treated extremely well by the server as well as the host/manager. Our son said that it was very possibly the best steak au poivre that he'd ever had and that seems to be his go-to meal when dining out. The scallops with cherries was unique and tasty. My only suggestion would be to enlarge the salad portion a bit, the panzanella was tasty but tiny. Yum...highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs polishingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2014We waited quite awhile to be greeted, as the host stand was empty;then our server could not find our reservation but said "I'll seat you anyway". Vegetable risotto was tasty, but rice was mushy. I left most of it on my plate. Server never asked if we were happy with our main courses, and offered to wrap up the risotto for me. When I declined, she did not ask if it had been to my liking. Restaurant was a bit noisy due to a wedding reception, but not unbearable.
- This was my fourth visit,LorenzoDined on 2/15/2014This was my fourth visit, and I was disappointed. I had to summon the maître d to find my server. The service was spotty throughout. My tuna was over spiced and the vegetables too tough to chew. The bread presentation was skimpy. Sad to see such a reversal in a previously decent restaurant.
- Would definitely go backCheeseloverDined on 2/15/2014This was my 2nd time dining at Epoch. Both times have been since they changed chefs and from what I understand the change is for the better. I certainly did not have any real complaints. Our server, Scott, was delightful; a real gem. The time between courses was a little slow, but I don't believe it was his fault. I like that you can get many of the salads and meals in half portions. I also like that you can buy a 3 oz or 6 oz glass of wine. Good if you just wanted to try a wine without committing. The first time here I had the winter vegetable risotto, which was really yummy. I would have had it again, but felt I should try something new. My husband and I shared a Delmonico steak for 2 and it was quite good. Yes, I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow service at barFoodprojectDined on 2/14/2014The food was great and I recommend the dining room. However, they have one of the slowest bar tenders I have ever seen. We were asked, after about 5 minutes of sitting dead center of bar, if we had been helped. After saying no, the bar tender turned around and worked on something else. Another couple came and sat next to is and after about 10 minutes got up and left. I would recommend only going for the sit down dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiancegregoryDined on 2/14/2014If you are in the Exeter, NH area, Epoch is an excellent place to have a nice dinner with good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-end restaurant in ExeterJasInHollisVIPDined on 2/8/2014Our party of 4 enjoyed the entire meal, service and lovely setting. A bit pricey but worth every penny.Special Features: