Epic Casual Dining
707 E Fort Union Blvd.
Midvale, UT 84047Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Epic Casual Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://epiccasualdining.com/
- Phone: 8017481300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rose
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Dulle 8017481300
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday & Thursday evenings.
A word from Epic Casual Dining
Although the taste of our award winning brick-oven flatbreads is more than enough to convince your palate that you have indeed found a great restaurant, there is much more that goes into making our restaurant Epic. At Epic we pride ourselves on high-quality food as well as service that stops at nothing to provide customers the best casual dining experience in Utah. Epic Casual Dining serves contemporary American cuisine including tenderloin of beef, seared ahi tuna, grilled chicken, brick-oven flatbreads, unique salads as well as intriguing specials . We have an extensive wine and beer list to satisfy everything from the simplest of tastes to the most discerning of wine lovers. Epic’s atmosphere is elegant yet upbeat-which turns dinner into a night on the town. By the end of your meal, you will not only know that you are in a great restaurant, you will know that you are in an Epic Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Epic Casual Dining - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
Epic Casual Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It is always the sauce the makes itTripleGDined on 9/11/2014From the flatbread to the salad, then to the entree! The sauces are award winners! The combination of flavors is always truly amazing. Never miss an opportunity to eat here for all occasions.Special Features:
- Fine dining at a casual pricelovehappyfoodDined on 8/27/2014Love the food and selection.. The best salads and now Ribs!!!! I have never had anything bad there. Always wonderful!Special Features:
- A perfect eveningplrhsgeDined on 8/26/2014Granted some of it was the company... the food was divine, the service was superb, the atmosphere was wonderful. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music too loudDoraDined on 8/23/2014The music was irritating & way too loud. Why does a nice dinner have to be bombarded with overly loud inappropriate music? The music seemed to be for the workers & not the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre on every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014mediocre on ever level...nothing at all stands out nothing was terrible...find another place
- Epic is a great little findyummyDined on 8/21/2014We loved the live acoustic music for our date-night dinner. It was a perfect evening. My Angel Hair Pasta with chicken was very tasty. We enjoyed the pleasant wait staff, and a nice menu selection.Special Features:
- A great local hot spot!TimmyVIPDined on 8/21/2014I go to Epic at least once a month and I'm almost never disappointed. Their food is amazing, reasonably priced and their service is usually spot on. Their steaks are amazing - their filet is one of the best in the area without going to an expensive steakhouse. It can be a little noisy on a busy night, but not too much to not go back. The biggest complaint I have is they sometimes have an amazing shrimp and risotto dish but they say that it's "seasonal". Risotto is seasonal??? If they had this as a regular item on their menu I would definitely eat there more often.Special Features:
- Poor service made for bad foodBobBVIPDined on 8/13/2014Seemed great at begining, the Flat bread appitizer was great as was salad and wine with good service. Then turned bad, wrong dinners were delivered and pickup by waitress as explained wrong ones delivered , but, left wife's as was right. She stated mine would be out shortly. My wife had accouple bites of hers waiting for mine. I had looked at my watch as she had picked up the wrong dinner - We thought since wrong tables dinner, mine should be right out - well, to me over 15 min is not shortly. By then I had lost my appetite as had drank the glass of wine I had orderd for dinner, my wifes dinner was cold, and the waitress was just going to drop off mine. I stopped her told her to box our dinners up as to late. A semi aniversary dinner ruined
- Love the menuCasualDiningDined on 8/11/2014I have been to Epic several times and I have always enjoyed the atmosphere, the service, and the food. The flat bread appetizers are a pleasurable way to start the meal and all their entrees are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really "epic" but good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed our experience at epic. The food was good and it was a nice atmosphere. Its a great place where locals can get a quick upscale meal without breaking the bank. Salads were great and the ahi tuna I ordered was very good. Would happily return if I was in the area.Special Features:
- Another Great MealVirgilBrasscockDined on 8/4/2014We can always count on Epic to deliver a favorable dining event when we have out of town friends over for dinner.Special Features:
- Epic dining is...EPIC!BittlesDined on 8/2/2014I've been coming here for years, and I've yet to have a poor experience. The food is great, they always have appealing daily specials, and their flatbreads are delicious!Special Features:
- one of the bestHappyDined on 8/1/2014Great food and the servers are always very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicDined on 7/30/2014Eat here occasionally and it always has been good. This time the dijon sauce with the flat iron stake did not belong. I will not order that item again.Special Features:
- Hidden gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Salt Lake City and it turned out to be neighbor with this excellent restaurant. Simple Place, but real innovative and good tasting dishes.Special Features:
- Pleases AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2014With company in from out of town and looking for a good place to go Epic was perfect. The food is always delicious! The Meier Lemon Mousse is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchHappyDined on 6/25/2014I love this restaurant, the food great the servers always pleasant.Special Features:
- always a treatfoodeeDined on 6/18/2014We have been to epic many times over a couple years. We love it and look forward to more! I usually have the ahI tuna. Tried the Thai noodles this time, they were ok but the tuna is great! We love the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrgrooveyDined on 6/14/2014The food was Good, but the service was slow. The menu is a bit limited, but what they do, they do very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerHonestOpinionDined on 6/12/2014The cod fish special was good but not especially flavorful. It could have used a bolder taste. Ambiance was quite nice for a first date. The acoustic guitarist was a wonderful addition to the meal. The musician was excellent and the song choices prompted some fun conversation, The waiter was quite polite even when I told him we wanted to sit there and chat for some time. Overall a good place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 474 reviews are from the Epic Casual Dining reviews archive.
- Such Amazing FoodMindyDined on 5/10/2014We love coming here - it is our go-to special event dining experience (and we live in Idaho!). I love any place that does interesting, tasty new things with food! The flat breads are AMAZING, the roasted artichokes were divine (though I thought they could use some red pepper) and my steak was cooked to perfection. It came with a port wine reduction that was good, but what made it outstanding was the blue cheese butter on top. Great mashed potatoes. Too full for dessert but they sounded divine! Great service, nice atmosphere. Love Epic!Special Features:
- Great night outGarageTimeDined on 4/26/2014We went to Epic on a Saturday evening and had a great dinner. Our server was fantastic. Very attentive and helpful. The food was amazing - full of flavor and well prepared. There is also an excellent selection of Epic Brewing beers that we enjoyed. We will definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentently goodFoodloversDined on 4/11/2014My husband and I have dined here many times and the food and service are consistently very good. We love the chicken flatbread and the salads are excellent. My husband usually gets the tenderloin and I favor the Ahi tuna. Everything tastes fresh and flavorful.Special Features:
- always good...MMMotrinDined on 4/5/2014My girl & I have become somewhat regulars at epic... Very nice way to start a night out right... Very fast ... Very personable and intelligent staff... Low corkage few... Nice wine selection when you don't bring your own... The menu selections are all over the top delicious... 2 people, 80 bux average...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoritemabeljDined on 3/28/2014Food is always good and there is a comfortable feels about the place.Special Features:
- EpicMarkDined on 3/28/2014The food was great, right size portions for the cost. Service was very attentive. Only negative is Wine & Beer only, no Liquor. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- again a great meal.allabouttasteDined on 3/25/2014I found this gem of a resturant quite a few years ago and still to this day it is my favorite place to go for special occations. The chef is amazing at making flavors that blend and build with each other. Fresh and flavorful. I would highly recomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJPOSODined on 3/21/2014Another visit to Epic produced the same enjoyment as the last. Don't miss! and save room for the Meyer Lemon Mousse dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic is a favoriteJoeBDined on 3/21/2014Grilled Beef Tenderloin is exceptional, but the Salads (Mr. Martinez and Ken's) that keep us returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at EpicJordanDined on 3/15/2014Tenderloin was fantastic- so good I wanted another. The combination of the beef, blue cheese butter and whatever magical sauce they served on it was perfect. Highly recommend. Very good service- this place will now be on our regular list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Epic did not disappoint.cindicDined on 3/13/2014As always, Epic did not disappoint. I haven't been for almost a year, and to my delight, the food was as great as ever. The service was also good--not "epic", but good. It's a great medium-priced fine dining restaurant. I hope to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie class and CasualGclaudeDined on 3/13/2014This is a great place for South Valley Foodies. The service is excellent, the food is above average. Great salads, get the flat breads for starters. The Ahi is awesome! Try there specials. The pork medallions are a little dry. This a must try for the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, good food, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Great place, good food, good service. Fun place to dine!Special Features:
- Could have been so much better.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/7/2014Could have been so much better. Most of the dishes were great ideas, but with one flaw. Crab cake overdone on one side, flatbread underdone. But the fish was so over cooked I couldn't cut it with a knife. The waiter didn't check back for 30 minutes, so no chance to fix the entree.
- Lovely Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014Wonderful food. Service great and wine list is very good! Treat yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodKrisDined on 3/1/2014Our server was wonderful. She gave excellent recommendations and was always there any time we needed her. THe flatbread was my favorite. We had one with chicken and this great cheese. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE EPIC- Only one complaint..WendyKDined on 2/25/2014We have been to Epic many times. Love it! We had a new server named Rachel (her nametag said KLUH) We were hesitiant to ask why. LOL She did excellent for her 1st day. I was shocked. She did mention that she had worked there 6 years before. She was Great! My only complaint would be we asked in our reservation to NOT be put right by the front door. We were sat at the table closest to the door. There were empty tables too. Was dissapointed, but did not complain verbally It wasnt cold or I would haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great couples night outKimberDined on 2/22/2014We had awesome service, food, and ambience! The server was new, but you couldn't even notice. He had great dishes to recommend. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Never disappointsjwhsandyDined on 2/15/2014I absolutely love Epic! I have been numerous times throughout the last several years and it never disappoints. The food is always excellent and the service is top notch. I had reservations about the table we were assigned--a table for two in the middle-- I would have preferred a booth. But after the first course it really didn't matter. We had a wonderful server and the meal was divine!!Special Features:
- Romantic but good valuelalalaaaDined on 2/15/2014Food was really great. We loved it. And it thought it was great that we got to eat at a nice place for 2 with appetizers, salad, entrée, and desert and including a good tip for the service we got the bill came to less than $100. We have paid a lot more than that in the past for a special occasion dinner so this was a chance for us to get a fabulous meal at a great price.Special Features: