Epic Casual Dining
707 E Fort Union Blvd.
Midvale, UT 84047Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Epic Casual Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://epiccasualdining.com/
- Phone: (801) 748-1300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rose
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Dulle 8017481300
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday & Thursday evenings.
A word from Epic Casual Dining
Although the taste of our award winning brick-oven flatbreads is more than enough to convince your palate that you have indeed found a great restaurant, there is much more that goes into making our restaurant Epic. At Epic we pride ourselves on high-quality food as well as service that stops at nothing to provide customers the best casual dining experience in Utah. Epic Casual Dining serves contemporary American cuisine including tenderloin of beef, seared ahi tuna, grilled chicken, brick-oven flatbreads, unique salads as well as intriguing specials . We have an extensive wine and beer list to satisfy everything from the simplest of tastes to the most discerning of wine lovers. Epic’s atmosphere is elegant yet upbeat-which turns dinner into a night on the town. By the end of your meal, you will not only know that you are in a great restaurant, you will know that you are in an Epic Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Epic Casual Dining - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
Epic Casual Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (27)romantic (18)great for lunch (14)good for groups (13)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Salt Lake. Fabulous food. We have a great time every time we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014A great selection of entrees, pasta, chicken, beef, and usually several chices of fish. Everything we have had has been delicious but the tuna is my favorite. The staff is very accommodating and the wine and beer offerings are unique. Definitely try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great priceskimberlyVIPDined on 11/18/2014Tuesday's in the month of November $10 entrees - can't go wrong. Fast service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meyer Lemon White Chocolate MousseJPOSODined on 11/14/2014Don't miss it! Flat Iron Steak was tasty! But skip the "apple crisp" -- not what one expects, nor was it a winSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great priceskimberlyVIPDined on 11/12/2014Good food great prices especially for the month of November Tuesday nights $10 entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite, with consistent foodParkiteDined on 11/11/2014We love dining at Epic. The food is consistently great. Love the beef tenderloin, and it is cooked perfectly. The veggies are not overcooked, but nicely crisp, and a good blend. The flatbreads are to die for. All in all a super dining experience, and fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingReobaDined on 11/8/2014Heard positive things about Epic so finally went for the first time. The place was nice and a had good ambiance. Got an appetizer which was tasty and a salad which was fantastic (Note: the other salads sounded equally good). We ordered chicken marsala and Thai pasta. Both entrees were just bland. Not gross, not small, just bland but this was not at all what we had expected based on reviews and the salads. While the price was not outrageous, we certainly expected some flavor for the price we paid. While the service was great and the atmosphere nice, food is kind of an important piece of the dining out puzzle, and based on our bland entrees we are not sure if our first visit to Epic was also our last.
- Overall, a nice dining experienceCollinDined on 11/6/2014We try to visit once a quarter, however, this one was a last minute decision. The wine was fantastic, the staff was friendly. The food was good, but previous visits have set the bar high. It seemed like the food was just shy of expectation and perhaps the staff was a little short or rushed. Overall, enjoyed the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2014Food was great but ordered mashed potatoes at 7:50 p.m. and you were out. You have excellent mashed potatoes, keep them in stock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below Par this eveningMiguelDined on 11/4/2014We did not think Ken's salad was as good as it normal is. Really don't know why. I knew your filet mignon was going to be a small portion, but this time it was miniscule. And I think, because it was so small it was over cooked. I asked for it to be medium rare. It was more like medium-well. My wife said her salmon was over cooked and dry. Sorry for this bad feedback.Special Features:
- favorite hauntHappyCamperDined on 11/4/2014Always a warm, friendly atmosphere. The Tuesday $10 entree is a little bonus, but we love the neighborhood atmosphere and good food. There's something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TuesEve@Epicgreat2dineDined on 11/4/2014Took advantage of your November Tuesdays offer. Pork Medallaions and Steak Tenderloins were great! Best Flatbread anywhere! Good Service!Special Features:
- Epic Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Great restaurant for dinner and lunch. Nice prices for the upscale food and wine. If you want a nice casual date night or dinner with friends, but you don't want to drive all the way downtown or pay a fortune, this place is great. I like it has a more "adult" atmosphere --that there weren't kids in the restaurant. Nice place for a business lunch as well. It is more quiet at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1mloumlouDined on 10/29/2014We love to dine at Epic, we have been going there for years and have never been disappointed. We will continue dining at Epic because it's that great!!Special Features:
- BirthdayDinnerFindDined on 10/29/2014We went to dinner for a Wine pairing... it was great. The food was excelent, the music was great and the local wines were a true find. Would do this again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Wine pairing event was lovelyJaimeeVIPDined on 10/29/2014My husband and I attended the recent wine pairing event at Epic, and it was fabulous. Local winery, Iron Gate, showcased their wines. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the wine. We couldn't leave without taking some home with us. Of course, the food was excellent as always.Special Features:
- not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014potatoes were undercooked, spinach sauce too sweet, and the flatbread disappointing. service was fine, but I expected more from the food.
- Nice and relaxingEnjoysagoodmealDined on 10/24/2014Epic is a nice restaurant with good food at a reasonable price. The flavors are tasty and the atmosphere is pleasant. Definitely a cut above the casual. We go there to unwind for a good meal.Special Features:
- Great As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014I've been here numerous times and have not had a bad meal at all. Tried the Kobe flatbread for the first time this visit and it was outstanding! I also had the salmon entrée which was also good. Love the shallot mashers!! Service could have been better. Our server was very attentive until after we were served then she basically disappeared. I'll still go back since I love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Epic!weluvfoodDined on 9/27/2014We've been here as a couple and in groups. Great food and service every time! The meal was not only delicious but it was beautifully presented. Everything was fabulous! We had the suggested special of the evening. SO glad we did. My husband had never had a Caprese salad and now that he has, he wants to have it every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findMaryMBDined on 9/22/2014We had not eaten at Epic's in several years; went on a Monday night and it was pleasantly full. Not too many entrees; good flatbread choices. The salads are outstanding! My husband and I shared a salad and it was more than ample. There is a fixed price menu which is reasonably priced but we are not big eaters so we both went for the tenderloin in a wonderful wine sauce. It was very, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014The hummus and flat bread app was very good. The fish taco's were so, so, nothing spectacular. The pork tenderloin and pineapple fried rice "small plate" was fantastic, and not so much of a small plate, the portion size was very generous...Special Features:
- It is always the sauce the makes itTripleGDined on 9/11/2014From the flatbread to the salad, then to the entree! The sauces are award winners! The combination of flavors is always truly amazing. Never miss an opportunity to eat here for all occasions.Special Features:
- Fine dining at a casual pricelovehappyfoodDined on 8/27/2014Love the food and selection.. The best salads and now Ribs!!!! I have never had anything bad there. Always wonderful!Special Features:
- A perfect eveningplrhsgeDined on 8/26/2014Granted some of it was the company... the food was divine, the service was superb, the atmosphere was wonderful. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music too loudDoraDined on 8/23/2014The music was irritating & way too loud. Why does a nice dinner have to be bombarded with overly loud inappropriate music? The music seemed to be for the workers & not the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre on every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014mediocre on ever level...nothing at all stands out nothing was terrible...find another place
- Epic is a great little findyummyDined on 8/21/2014We loved the live acoustic music for our date-night dinner. It was a perfect evening. My Angel Hair Pasta with chicken was very tasty. We enjoyed the pleasant wait staff, and a nice menu selection.Special Features:
- A great local hot spot!TimmyVIPDined on 8/21/2014I go to Epic at least once a month and I'm almost never disappointed. Their food is amazing, reasonably priced and their service is usually spot on. Their steaks are amazing - their filet is one of the best in the area without going to an expensive steakhouse. It can be a little noisy on a busy night, but not too much to not go back. The biggest complaint I have is they sometimes have an amazing shrimp and risotto dish but they say that it's "seasonal". Risotto is seasonal??? If they had this as a regular item on their menu I would definitely eat there more often.Special Features:
- Poor service made for bad foodBobBVIPDined on 8/13/2014Seemed great at begining, the Flat bread appitizer was great as was salad and wine with good service. Then turned bad, wrong dinners were delivered and pickup by waitress as explained wrong ones delivered , but, left wife's as was right. She stated mine would be out shortly. My wife had accouple bites of hers waiting for mine. I had looked at my watch as she had picked up the wrong dinner - We thought since wrong tables dinner, mine should be right out - well, to me over 15 min is not shortly. By then I had lost my appetite as had drank the glass of wine I had orderd for dinner, my wifes dinner was cold, and the waitress was just going to drop off mine. I stopped her told her to box our dinners up as to late. A semi aniversary dinner ruined
- Love the menuCasualDiningDined on 8/11/2014I have been to Epic several times and I have always enjoyed the atmosphere, the service, and the food. The flat bread appetizers are a pleasurable way to start the meal and all their entrees are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really "epic" but good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed our experience at epic. The food was good and it was a nice atmosphere. Its a great place where locals can get a quick upscale meal without breaking the bank. Salads were great and the ahi tuna I ordered was very good. Would happily return if I was in the area.Special Features:
- Another Great MealVirgilBrasscockDined on 8/4/2014We can always count on Epic to deliver a favorable dining event when we have out of town friends over for dinner.Special Features:
- Epic dining is...EPIC!BittlesDined on 8/2/2014I've been coming here for years, and I've yet to have a poor experience. The food is great, they always have appealing daily specials, and their flatbreads are delicious!Special Features:
- one of the bestHappyDined on 8/1/2014Great food and the servers are always very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicDined on 7/30/2014Eat here occasionally and it always has been good. This time the dijon sauce with the flat iron stake did not belong. I will not order that item again.Special Features:
- The following 480 reviews are from the Epic Casual Dining reviews archive.
- Hidden gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Salt Lake City and it turned out to be neighbor with this excellent restaurant. Simple Place, but real innovative and good tasting dishes.Special Features:
- Pleases AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2014With company in from out of town and looking for a good place to go Epic was perfect. The food is always delicious! The Meier Lemon Mousse is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchHappyDined on 6/25/2014I love this restaurant, the food great the servers always pleasant.Special Features:
- always a treatfoodeeDined on 6/18/2014We have been to epic many times over a couple years. We love it and look forward to more! I usually have the ahI tuna. Tried the Thai noodles this time, they were ok but the tuna is great! We love the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.