1606 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.epazotenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 988-1704
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Thru Thursday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Agustino Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: email info@Epazotenyc.com
A word from Epazote
Epazote Restaurant is a New Mexican restaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Epazote reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (0)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2014Delicious,creative food and excellent margaritas, but I found the noise level too high for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood UpgradeJimMVIPDined on 11/14/2014Epazote replaced a rather below-average place with a good up-beat feel and crowd. It was comfortably full (which is more than I could say for the place before), the menu is creative and the food was delicious. There were three of us and each really liked their meal. Service was polite and okay, but servers should make sure they hear and understand the guests. It was a bit noisy so a few things oredered had to be corrected. Otherwise, glad to see this place doing well and looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexico City qualityScottDined on 11/8/2014Mexico City quality, not just another neighborhood Mexican. Refined food in a comfortable, unfussy room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France embraces Mexicowriter100VIPDined on 11/1/2014This new neighborhood place lives up to its description in the 'Times, namely, a fusion--in the best sense--of French cooking with Mexican cuisine. Hands down--err, spoon up--the best black bean soup I've ever head in NYC. A plus, our waiter was charming, and took obvious pride in our appreciation of the food.Special Features:
- Great Mexican food!WinstonVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have had brunch here and it was always terrific - the service is warm and helpful and all our dishes have been delicious. The portion size is perfect, the drinks ample and we enjoyed every dish we ordered. The plates were not over sized and loaded up with lettuce as is the norm in so many Mexican restaurants. Quesadillas with pork and the Pozole soup were our favorites and pumpkin cheesecake, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Upscale Mexican. Tableside guacamole and many other notables, especially the quesadillas, chicken or fish. The place is pretty and the service is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Epazote reviews archive.