EOS Greek Cuisine
490 Summer Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
EOS Greek Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eosgreekcuisine.com/
- Phone: 2035696250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience a taste of Greece. We cater corporate parties to weddings and everything in between. We offer both private parties at EOS or off site catering. EOS is an excellent space for a private party. The clean lines make a perfect blank canvas for whatever your catering needs may be. In addition EOS offers full service event planning. Call to speak with Nikki to custom tailor your next event.
A word from EOS Greek Cuisine
Authentic Greek cuisine in a modern atmosphere. Family owned and operated we designed EOS to be an entire Greek experience for our customers. Our cuisine echoes our passion for the flavors and aromas we enjoy now and lovingly remember growing up. We use only the freshest ingredients, farm raised animals, locally grown produce, and highest quality of imported seafood. We feature a wide variety of available Greek wines as well as Domestic and International varieties. Undiminished freshness and simplicity is our goal, paired with a cool, relaxed atmosphere to provide an authentic Greek experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
EOS Greek Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (15)romantic (9)good for groups (9)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Keep Coming BackCTSpiegsDined on 8/16/2014I love this place. Family owned and it shows in the excellent service. The menu is awesome, my friend who was dining with me is vegetarian and he loved all the options he had. As always the flavor of the dishes was perfection. We did a bunch of small plates, the server paced them beautifully so they did not all arrive at the same time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food..bad serviceHelenVIPDined on 8/15/2014We were having an important business luncheon discussion. Waiter ignored us as he erroneously judged us to be just chit chatting women..not business execs. I had to leave the table twice and go to the kitchen to look for him...first to order (after waiting 30 mins) and second time to chase down our food(after waiting another 30 mins). Very disruptive to our experience and discussion. Waiter then makes sarcastic comments about "not wanting to get in trouble" as he delivered our salads an hour after being seated!! The simple salads with grilled meat or shrimp were good. But being insulted and disrupted was not only disappointing but pretty infuriating. Eos used to be the favorite Summer St locale for lunch with my client. No longer.Special Features:
- jboultboult14Dined on 8/5/2014If you're in the mood for greek food, this is definitely the place to go. They have a good mix of more basic (hummus, chicken) and amazing speciality foods (octopus) so whole groups could find something they each like. I had the hummus and salmon, which were hot, nicely prepared, and quick serice. The biggest problem of the night was finding parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceBobbiRDined on 8/2/2014Eos has fabulous food, very efficient staff and lovely decor. It has become one of our favorite neighborhood places too eat. I highly recommend it for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualMAvisitorDined on 8/2/2014We go to EOS for special occasions when visiting our elderly parents in Stamford. On this visit, my dad had a hard time with the noise level and I felt that our meal was not up to the usual excellent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EOS:Fresh excellent Greek foodDiggerDined on 8/1/2014I think this is a hidden gem. If you like Greek food it is excellent. I love the salads and their toppings. The gyro Kamba topping is super. The grape leaves are the best I have ever add. The shrimp entrees are terrific. Even if you do not know know or think you like Greek food, you should give it a try.Special Features:
- close to great, butHarrisonVIPDined on 7/23/2014close to great but see note below regarding clean up staff serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We have been to EOS many times and the fish was fresh and delicious. Not so, this past Saturday. The branzino at $32 was so dry it was barely edible. The cod dish was better, but still on the dry side. Even the chicken was disappointing. We will look elsewhere before returning to EOS which is unfortunate because we used to rely on it for good, fresh fish and a nice ambiance.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014A wonderful wine list with surprisingly affordable price points. An excellent set of appetizers that prevented almost everyone from moving onto entrees. The one entree we did try - the lamb chops - was wonderful. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Very pleasantSally10543Dined on 6/14/2014This was my second time at Eos, and the restaurant did not disappoint. We were on time for our reservation and seated immediately. Eggplant dip with pita was delicious, as was the arugula and pear salad, however, I would have preferred a more ripe, tasty pear. Our server was very nice and very efficient.Special Features:
- Always good!janSDined on 6/9/2014The lemon roasted potatoes is my favorite side. The dip appetizers are delish... love the eggplant and the hummus.Special Features:
- A very pleasant experiencecolingDined on 6/7/2014We both had salad plus salmon, which turned out to be a delicious and satisfying meal. Good service. Nice to be outside. I'd go there again.Special Features:
- Real GreekcajoVIPDined on 6/4/2014We were pleasantly surprised at how delicious and well prepared the food was. Every one of the small plates was great. The Greek salad was truly authentic. This is definitely a go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Best Greek restaurantSpragueDined on 5/17/2014From our entrance to our departure this restaurant was top-notch. Dimitri, our server, was very knowledgeable and attentive. The food was fantastic. Wish we lived closer to Stamford for a repeat trip but if we ever find ourselves in this area we will definitely dine at EOS.Special Features:
- Great spot for quick business lunchJodi9600Dined on 5/16/2014Went to lunch with six work friends. Food was great, service was quick and price was right. Will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKenHDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food. Reasonably generous sized portions make up for the slightly high prices. This is fresh, high quality Greek food. We shared plates of mousakka and various grilled fish dishes. All were excellent.Special Features:
- EOS Stamford on Mother's DayPalatePleaserDined on 5/11/2014Good service a good food. We focused on the small plates; Greek Tapas. They were all good. Look forward to trying the entre selection next time. The veggie side dishes we tried (spinach and cauliflower) were ok but not in the same league as the small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Greek Tavern-Style FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/5/2014Eos consistently offers good, consistent, tavern-style Greek food at very reasonable prices. Eos is a locals place and not an over-the-top, top-dollar place. The menu offers a wide selection of appetizers, small plates, gyros and entrees. Nice outdoor, covered seating. Lunch service was efficient and very quickSpecial Features:
- Great menuDebbieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Grilled octopus a must! Watermelon margarita delicious. Great for couples, noise level is high, tables are close to each other. Menu has plenty of selections! Warm weather allows you to sit outside which is nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014Busy restaurant, decent Greek food but different cooking style from what we were used to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Always great, great food and friendly and good service.Special Features:
- Excellent food and dininghottinDined on 5/2/2014Food and service were excellent. We were a little nervous since we had never gone to a greek restaurant. The staff however was fantastic and helped us select from the menu. I recommend you try the various appetizer samplers as the best way to get introduced to the excellent food. The portions were every generous. Dona thank you for recommending this restaurant to us!!!
- The following 211 reviews are from the EOS Greek Cuisine reviews archive.
- ok.not thrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Too noisy and small. My husband had the lamb shank and was not happy
- Authentic Greek, upscale/casualRosaVIPDined on 4/19/2014Extensive selection of Greek wines. Service was excellent - very friendly and helpful. Reminded me of great vacations in Greece!Special Features:
- Delicious & plentifuleatingsphunDined on 4/12/2014The restaurant had a great vibe. Their special cocktails are awesome and the food is authentic and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBobODined on 4/12/2014EOS always offers good Greek food with friendly service. The appetizers and small plates are the most fun. The ambiance is modern and happy. The restaurant is always well patronized and one can tell that the guests are enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful Greek foodeaterouterVIPDined on 4/6/2014Always enjoy going to Eos. This time we all had the Eos burger which is delicious, although the fries could be warmer and less soggy. Our appetizer of 3 dips with pita was delicious, and the waitress's error proved to be a good one,,,one of the dips ordered was hummus, but somehow she substituted spiced feta. Everyone at the table loved the feta, so we never reported the error. Restaurant also has the best baklava ever!!Special Features:
- Food was so fresh and hadRoseDined on 4/4/2014Food was so fresh and had a delicate taste. Enjoyed everything we had tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EOS is always delicious!BobbiVIPDined on 3/29/2014Friendly, accommodating and most important always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outhappydinerDined on 3/23/2014I have always liked the food at EOS and this was no exception. They were amenable to our requests and were very helpful in helping me choose a wine I'd like (as I'm not up on Greek wines!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than it was last time.FoodFanDined on 3/22/2014Having been there several years ago, and not since, I was very pleased to see a new menu. The small plates were varied and interesting choices. My friend and I shared three, and were very happy. The grilled octopus is not to be missed. Our husbands ordered an appetizer with meatballs (yum!) and some other choices. The warm, fresh pita is delicious. All in all, the food was very good. It is crowded, hard to walk through the tables to restrooms, or even out the front door, and it's pretty noisy. However, it's good positive energy. Good food, nice staff. Looking forward to going back to try some more selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food.GoaltenderDined on 3/6/2014EOS is an always reliable spot. You can have a full meal or eat tapas style from the many appetizer choices. You are never rushed and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Food is always full of flavorKateDined on 3/1/2014Food is always full of flavor and delicious. You also can't be the service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality is slippingSuburbanite06820Dined on 2/28/2014On previous visits, Eos really shined. But last night was very disappointing. It's "restaurant week" in Stamford, so I chose the prix fixed menu rather than our usual pattern of ordering a number of smaller dishes. The lemon chicken soup was bland. The lamb and orzo entree lacked any seasoning. The side plates of brocolli and potatoes tasted like diner-fare sitting hours on a steam table. Desert, thank God, was tasty. Service was fine, the food was not. Sorry Eos... you just lost a customer.
- Excellent post-movie dinnerAndy57Dined on 2/14/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at EOS. The service was outstanding as was the food. We started with 2 appetizers: the 3 dip combo with an especially yummy tzaziki and a dish of grilled octopus. All the dishes tasted fresh and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Greek food, but priceyAnonymousDined on 2/8/2014Good, tasty Greek-style food. Well prepared and presented. But somewhat expensive.
- Outstanding GreekhirschcoolpapaVIPDined on 2/7/2014This is a very pleasant, cheery spot where the food and service is always excellent. If you are thinking Greek cuisine, you will be very happy having come to Eos.Special Features:
- Delicious!ctgalDined on 2/1/2014Our party of four dined at Eos last Saturday night. My son's girlfriend lives in Stamford and recommended it. It was a wonderful experince for all! The encrusted feta appetizer was out of this world! I had the special of lamb shank with orzo and it was fabu- lous. All members of our party enjoyed their meals. The noise level was a bit high, but it didn't take away from the enjoyment of the food. My husband and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- YASOU! An ode to my YiaYia~~MikeEVIPDined on 1/28/2014Food just like my Yia Yia used to make! The recipes and preparation are authentic with flavors close to how my grandmother used to prepare! She learned to cook in Greece then was in Asia Minor/Turkey - I suspect the Chef here had similar experiences - the Imam-Baldi gave it away! Outstanding! We had 12 people who were accommodated comfortably and all enjoyed the outstanding culinary delights! A great experience all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor PerformancektelVIPDined on 1/25/2014We have eaten at Eos numerous times but this trip had many inconsistencies. First the heat was not working well and most diners were wearing their coats at the table. My wife's moussaka was not uniformly hot indicating that it had been microwaved. The cauliflower was under-cooked and hard. And finally the sauteed spinach was cold. I am not sure if they are cooking outside on a barbeque during the polar vortex but this was a huge disappointment from our previous visits.