ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
3400 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.envysteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7027845716x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch/Dinner @ Grill 55: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00am
Dinner: Daily from: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Mihy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ENVY offers catered events with special menus for groups ranging in size from two guests in our Wine Room up to full buy outs for up to 200 guests.
- Special Events: Please contact our Director of Catering to plan corporate holiday parties or celebrations of your life events such as weddings, rehearsal dinners, graduation parties, retirement parties, and baby showers.
- Cross Street: Paradise / Desert Inn
- Public Transit: ENVY is located directly adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center Monorail station and a stop on the Citizens Area Transit (CAT) bus system. Cabs are also always available in our porte-cochère if you prefer not to wait.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: ENVY is located just off the lobby of the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel. We provide efficient complimentary valet parking and a well lit parking garage with elevators that take you directly into the hotel reception area. Should you be arriving by cab, you will find ample availability of cabs to assist with your departure.
A word from ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
A hidden gem and your new favorite Vegas steakhouse, ENVY, offers an unforgettable experience. Avoiding a typical steakhouse look and feel, ENVY’s red high vaulted ceilings offset a glassed walk-in wine cellar with 1500 bottles of fine wine. A Chef's Table sits across from the open kitchen and the Wine Room offers an intimate experience for private parties. This gorgeous, hip monument to beef features dishes prepared by decorated Executive Chef Christopher Mihy. ENVY serves incredible dishes such as a 15oz Bone-in Rib-Eye, 12oz Bone-in Filet, 40oz Tomahawk, Veal Chop Milanese, and a Signature Sea Bass with famous sides such as Truffle Fries and Bourbon Creamed Corn. Premium Angus Steaks are aged for 28 days and seafood is meticulously prepared to perfection. ENVY won the Las Vegas Life Magazine Award for “Best New Restaurant Off the Strip”, has a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, is rated “extraordinary” by Zagat, & has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (33)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (19)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- May Not Be ReturningbaperrasDined on 9/7/2013Since they no accept coupons from restaurant.com we may not be returning.Special Features:
- A Fantastic ExperienceChase511VIPDined on 8/28/2013You would never know it, but the restaurant inside the Renaissance Hotel is fantastic! It is beautiful and usually kind of quiet but once you have ordered and you see the amazing food that is presented in front of you, you will be glad you took this chance. Our server Diante, had been there over 9 years and is very knowlegable, sincere and attentive. We did a fixed menu with a wine pairing and was blown away from the flavors! I had the seared Ahi Tuna which was to die for, My husband had the filet mignon and was cooked perfectly. The variety of salts they bring to the table are unlike anything Ive had anywhere else; perfect on the potatoes, steak or tuna. Even the desserts were to die for. Make your reservation for this restaurant today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitJerryVIPDined on 8/25/2013Consisitently high qualilty food and great service, we'll be back again!!!Special Features:
- Joey was an excellent serverNomNomNomDined on 8/7/2013Joey was an excellent server and we definitely come back again because of his great service and the delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise gem in Vegas!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2013We went there for our 7th anniversary, and were completely enthralled with the service and food! Server Nikki was outstanding, and the food and wine was top of the world. Chef Maria was exceptional tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Envy was excellentEatingoutDined on 7/21/2013This Resturant was a great find. Every course was excellent. The Ribeye steak my husband ordered was very tasty and melted in your mouth. The creamed corn was the best we've ever tasted. Make sure to ask about dessert. The Toffee pudding was outstanding! Our waitress was a local and very knowledgeable about the menu. Will eat here again next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2013We went to Envy in 2012 to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It was so wonderful, that we had to repeat our experience, so once again, this summer we went back to Envy to celebrate our 26th anniversary. And.... of course, it was exceptional again!! The Best place, hands down, to eat in Vegas and to celebrate special occasions. The food was great, and the staff was truly amazing and surprised us with a fabulous chocolate cake on a plate with the words "Happy Anniversary." They truly made us feel special. Thank you Envy, for making our 26th Anniversary so memorable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT PLACE, forget the STRIPOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2013EXCELLENT steak and other food items, reasonable for the exceptional quality and service. EASY to get to from strip, get off the trourist beat to the Envy restaurant and enjoy very good value . NO, it's NOT cheap, it's GREAT VALUE. Cheap - go eat at Denny's or some hole on the strip. If you appreciate decent value and fine food/wine, this is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Envious.MarkVIPDined on 7/5/2013Having visited Envy before, I was expecting a great evening of fine dining. However, it seems the economy has impacted Envy too, as food quality was distinctly less than previously experienced. The N.Y. strip steak was of good flavor but "chewy" and "grizzly". The filet was dry and not the "melt in your mouth" experience of previous visits. A shared baked potato turned out to be small, discolored and stale in flavor. To enhance the disappointing evening, their choice of, what seemed to be African tribal music, was a distraction, somewhat abrasive and did not enhance the experience or digestion. As a positive note, very good service tempered the evening. Envy unfortunately dropped from the top level of my Las Vegas dining options.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!ErinDined on 7/3/2013Purchased a travelzoo voucher for a 4 course meal. The food was outstanding. Both appetizers, the crab cake and the roasted filled tomato were delicious. Had the beet salad and then the petite filet. The petite felt was a huge size and perfectly cooked with lots of flavor. The panna cotta dessert was just ok but the flourless chococolate cake was sinful!! The cocktails were a bit pricey but very well made. The price of the travelzoo for the amount of Food we got was a phenomenal deal. Would recommend the restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodislandhopperVIPDined on 7/1/2013Good place to eat off the strip, but when we ate here the place was a ghost town. My wife and I ordered the Tomahawk steak for $90 which was plenty for two people. Steak was yummy and they even give you 3 different types of salt to season it with which was nice. Garlic mashed tasted like it was out of a box. Not a bad place, but with so many choices on the strip it's hard to give this place 5 stars. Although there wasn't anything wrong with the meal or service, not sure if we'll return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steaks I ever hadPatrickDined on 6/28/2013I had a gift certificate, so I took my fiancé out for a fancy dinner. The bill was very high, but the food was so good I didn't even care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, I am so impressed!eateateatVIPDined on 6/26/2013Transcendent. I can't say enough good things about ENVY steakhouse. I told the hostess that I was in a rush and she seated me quickly with Joshua as my server. Joshua, you should run for elected office. He took remarkably good care of me as I sped through my meal. I had the most delectable bone-in ribeye, well-marbled, and obviously cooked by someone who knew what they were doing. I also had asparagus with Hollandaise sauce. The portions were more generous than any steakhouse that I've ever visited. For dessert, I had a toffee cake and it was out of this world! You will get much more for your money, better quality, and better service here. I will come back to this restaurant any time that I am in Vegas. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDhallDined on 6/24/2013HaD a wonderful time, service and staff were excellent. Manager took he time to thank us for comingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection MasteredLuvEnvyDined on 6/23/2013Matt has been our server the past couple times and the service has been flawless!! Make sure to say hello to the Hansel... He's one of the chefs helping to create the amazing variety of menu options. I have to say this has become my favorite restaurant in Las Vegas, it is also my 10 year old Sons's favorite restaurant, order the 40oz Tomahawk steak and watch your kids expression when they drop it off and then again when they take a bite off the 16" bone... That steak, blt wedge, the mountain of Truffle French fries and the best donut hole desert in the World makes for the perfect meal and guaranteed left overs (Shirley Temples for the kids)!! Great overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous 50DarleneDined on 6/20/2013Nothing but good to say about Envy but the Best. My husband had the best lamb chops he has ever had. Fabulous, fabulous sea bass. The waiters gave attention to every detail. Really fine service. The Chef talked to us for several minutes. The Chef made a special sticky toffee pudding with homemade whipped cream and homemade toffee sauce for my 50th birthday celebration. We highly recommend the Envy and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!JennaDined on 6/16/2013I took my mother, father, and boyfriend to ENVY for Father's Day. The first thing that I noticed was the service. Our waitress was amazingly friendly, energetic, and knowledgable. She provided great suggestions for all courses and sides. The food was really delicious. My Dad is very picky when it comes to steaks, and he loved the bone-in filet. Everything that we ate was very flavorful and complimented eachother well. I will definately be going back. Even with the prices that are on the higher end, you get what you pay for. Therefore, I believe that it was a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWWWWEEESOMEness!!!IluvMarvinDined on 6/14/2013service and food and atmosphere all were 10/10..5 star quality consistently...this was my 4th time there and it does not disappoint. Whether the place is packed or quiet the ambience is peaceful and the quality does not decrease just because they are busy. The servers treat everyone as if you are their ONLY Concern.....great after a lousy week....a refresher ... Even the Chef makes you feel like is is all yours.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2013The attentive service was unlike any I've experienced in LA or Vegas. The food was presented artfully and was delicious. The menu was limited to what they do well, and they did it very well. There were many lovely touches like three different salts to go with our entree, served on a lovely tray. The chef sent out freshly picked cucumbers with a lovely light soy and sesame brine, the dessert was stunning and delicious - flourless chocolate cake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream with raspberries on a plate decorated with the words Happy Anniversary - and this was also compliments of the chef and staff. We don't drink, so I have no comment on the wine list. The service and food were exceptionally fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2013This was my first visit to Envy. The food was delicious. The staff was delightful. It is very expensive, so this is a special occasion place. Even with a restaurant.com cert, it was $75 with no alcohol. I mentioned it was my birthday and they gave me a special birthday treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was subpar and expensive.WillnotReturnDined on 6/9/2013Food was subpar and expensive. For $50 less the night before we dined at Vic and Anthony's Steakhouse at the Golden Nugget and received much better quality of food, amazing service, and a robust atmosphere. The Envy was nearly dead and we now know why.Special Features:
- The Envy ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2013This place was a little pricey...We averaged about $100 per person and had four people, so the bill along with the tip was a little high...BUT..The service and food was way above average and worth every penny we paid. We will definitely return. My son's girlfriend ordered the Chicken. She loved it..so did all of us.. My son and I shared the 96 dollar meal for two..called the Tomohawk something.....IT was excellent.....everyone else loved it too..and my husband ordered a steak..Of course he and use loved it..Cooked perfectly Medium....We had a shrimp cocktail for appetizers and it came with three sauces.. I liked the traditional..but we all liked the different sauces they made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service.IrinaDined on 5/31/2013The place was fantastic. I booked it to celebrate my husband's birthday, since he likes the stake, and I don't regret it. It is off the Strip, so it is very spacey and cozy. The wine list is great, the prices are very fair too. Steak is great! Last time I had steak like this was in Buenos Aires. Service is wonderful too! I would definitely recmomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've driven past this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2013I've driven past this restaurant several times and never thought to go in. I recently had the chance and found the food to be very goo and the service phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very romanticspazzDined on 5/26/2013I decided to take my wife for her 30th bday. Very excellent service per my quest for a bday occassion. The food was excellent had the filet mignon which was so soft and the meat just melted in my mouth. The best Ive ever had. And the desert the chef had prepared for her was excellent. The dinner ended with a belt busting belly. LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2013We had a lovely dinner with a fabulous waiter ...wish I wrote his name down. Delicious from drinks to dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionsSteakfan77Dined on 5/18/2013I have been to Envy three times now and will continue to go back. Hands down the best food I have ever had in a restaurant. The filet is something of legend and I refuse to order anything different. I refuse to go to another steakhouse because I know how good it is at Envy, and don't want to take any chances elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining failCanuckDined on 5/17/2013Reservations made but upon arrival the hosted said the table would not be available for 10 minutes. The hostess left her station and was replaced by a different hostess who did not realize that we were waiting for a table. We waited 25 minutes before a table was available for us. The server completely missed offering cocktails and proceeded directly to the meal order. We had to indicate we were interested in some wine. Other staff that served our table were not particularly friendly. The decore was very outdated and the chair I was sitting in had one leg shorter then the other three. It created quite a wobbly balancing act. The meal quality and portion sizes were good but overpriced. Unfortunately I would not recommed this restaurant.
- May enjoymentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2013Excellent food and excellent service. A great find and restaurant.com made this possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any Spec ial OccassionJalonDined on 5/17/2013We would like to thank you for making our anniversary very memorable. The food was excellent and the service was impecable. The chef sent a complimentary dessert and wrote "Happy Anniversary" on the plate in fudge. We felt so special that the restaurant cared about our day as much as we did. If you are celebrating ANY occassion, consider coming here as they will treat you like royalty and make you feel extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem away from the StripDaBigShowDined on 5/17/2013We were in Vegas and spent most of our days on the strip. We wanted something a little quieter for our last night and found Envy. The ambiance was fantastic, service was great and personal and the food was top of the line. From the appetizer, tomato & mozzarella caprice, to entrees, filet mignon and bone-in rib-eye everything was amazing.Special Features:
- Outstanding experiencesks824Dined on 5/13/2013Everything about our experience at Envy was incredible and far surpassed our expectations. We have already recommended the restaurant to friends who will be in Vegas this coming weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Great Wine fabulous food. Staff was fast and so fun. Would recommend to any one going to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thurber RevwThurberDined on 5/12/2013My 2nd time at this restaurant. Increase in price of $15 for Mother's Day. Was not worth the increase but overall it was good. Made a reservation but we was not satified with seating assignment. Main desk hostess was not friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2013Outstanding and very attentive service in a very comfortable and nicely appointed restaurant. However, the food was only decent. Steaks were dry and lacked flavor. They may have been brought out late, because they were no longer hot to the touch. Considering the price ($45-60/steak), I expected Ruth's Chris or Fleming quality meat. Instead, I felt like I ordered a steak from Black Angus.Special Features:
- MrJoe294Dined on 5/10/2013The food was outstanding, especially the "surf 'n' turf". Krisztian and the staff made us feel lie we were their only customers - service was perfect. We will definitely return. Our only criticism is of the seating. The tables and chairs did not allow for comfortable dining. There was no place for your feet under the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a hidden gemluci5Dined on 5/7/2013The restaurant was the busier we've seen it and that was on a Tuesday night. We have eaten at Envy several times and usually really enjoy it. This time I tried the bone-in ribeye rather than my usual filet mignon as my husband had one at another restaurant 2 days earlier which was gorgeous. However the steak wasn't the best. It was quite sinewy and hard to cut and chew. This may have been down to having it rare instead of medium rare as ribeye is usually better if it is cooked for longer. That said, the roast tomato soup was delicious and the parmesan Regianno fries or one would have fed an army. Cocktails were good. Our server Diante (sp) was excellent without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business - LV Conv CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/7/2013This restaurant adjoins the LV convention center and is a perfect place to impress clients you might be meeting after a tradeshow. Make reservations early. The steaks are incredible and the sides are just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great alternative...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2013... To the 'Celebrity Steakhouse.' The food is top notch, prepared with flare, and the servers are clearly focused on customer service. I have been to ENVY three times now and feel confident returning for a consistently great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not open at the time bookedNotapickyeaterDined on 5/5/2013We booked for Sunday brunch, but they no longer serve it. Breakfast service ended at the time we had reserved.