ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
3400 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.envysteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7027845716x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch/Dinner @ Grill 55: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00am
Dinner: Daily from: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Mihy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ENVY offers catered events with special menus for groups ranging in size from two guests in our Wine Room up to full buy outs for up to 200 guests.
- Special Events: Please contact our Director of Catering to plan corporate holiday parties or celebrations of your life events such as weddings, rehearsal dinners, graduation parties, retirement parties, and baby showers.
- Cross Street: Paradise / Desert Inn
- Public Transit: ENVY is located directly adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center Monorail station and a stop on the Citizens Area Transit (CAT) bus system. Cabs are also always available in our porte-cochère if you prefer not to wait.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: ENVY is located just off the lobby of the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel. We provide efficient complimentary valet parking and a well lit parking garage with elevators that take you directly into the hotel reception area. Should you be arriving by cab, you will find ample availability of cabs to assist with your departure.
A word from ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
A hidden gem and your new favorite Vegas steakhouse, ENVY, offers an unforgettable experience. Avoiding a typical steakhouse look and feel, ENVY’s red high vaulted ceilings offset a glassed walk-in wine cellar with 1500 bottles of fine wine. A Chef's Table sits across from the open kitchen and the Wine Room offers an intimate experience for private parties. This gorgeous, hip monument to beef features dishes prepared by decorated Executive Chef Christopher Mihy. ENVY serves incredible dishes such as a 15oz Bone-in Rib-Eye, 12oz Bone-in Filet, 40oz Tomahawk, Veal Chop Milanese, and a Signature Sea Bass with famous sides such as Truffle Fries and Bourbon Creamed Corn. Premium Angus Steaks are aged for 28 days and seafood is meticulously prepared to perfection. ENVY won the Las Vegas Life Magazine Award for “Best New Restaurant Off the Strip”, has a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, is rated “extraordinary” by Zagat, & has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (36)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (23)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- This was an absolute horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/28/2008This was an absolute horrible dinner. I ordered the apple pork chop that cost $29.00, It comes out on the bone and all! It was not tender at all. That is all that was on the plate! My boyfriend ordered a chicken breast meal, it was a whole half of a chicken cut in half! It was absolutley ridiculous looking! How are you supposed to eat that? Not easily! His cost $1.00 more than mine. We knew that this was an upscale restauraunt and that it would be kind of costly, so you would think that they could at least prepare it so we could eat it easily!
- We had read so many reviewsTexaswillyVIPDined on 10/28/2008We had read so many reviews about this restaurant that we could not wait for our next visit to Las Vegas to try it. The people were friendly, the setting was really nice but the food did not keep up. We were ready for an experience that unfortunately did not deliver as expected. The shrimp appetizer was good with three jumbo shrimp and a good sauce. The BLT salad was also good, but from that point it all fell down. The spinach salad was very oily and the cook forgot the balsamic vinegar in the vinaigrette. The meat was tender but a bit dry and the outer portion of it had a bit of a brine burnt taste. It is hard to tell if this was a unique occurrence or that is the way it is all the time. We felt sad since we wanted to like it.Special Features:
- ENVY for Brunch is prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2008ENVY for Brunch is pretty great. We thought they had breakfast, but when they said they had brunch, wet went for it. There are all kinds of meats, cheese, and many types of bread. Envy also has eggs benedict for the buffet, which is pretty good. They also have a menu where you can choose an item from. Overall it was pretty good, but it is kind of expensive for brunch. For the 2 of us, it cost about $80.Special Features:
- Good place to go if you wantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2008Good place to go if you want to get away from the crowds/buffets. Had a very relaxing time with great food/service.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good, justEricDined on 10/16/2008Food was pretty good, just overcooked. I sent my steak back and when I got my new one it was overcooked as well, but I enjoyed it anyway. The seafood platter is to die for!! Awesome service and very smart staff.Special Features:
- Thankfuly I had a coupon toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2008Thankfuly I had a coupon to cover almost 50% of the cost of our meal expenses. The food was mediocre at best. Tthe steaks we ordered were over-cooked, and even when the steaks were done again, they were still just so-so for medium-rare steaks. I normally see more than some degree of blood but these were dry and just pink inside...(bloodless!). The wine was not worth the $85 dollars we paid for at this restaurant...had to look deep for any charcter in the wine..it just wasn't there...boring bottle [Matnanza(sp?) Cabernet 2004]. the coffee at the end of the meal was just so-so also. I had better tasting coffee at the Ballagio Buffet than here. the service was wonderful though and the surroundings--nice...but I will not come here again.
- After spending four days inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2008After spending four days in Vegas and eating at some of its finest restaurants, ENVY - The Steakhouse was our No. 1 choice, not only for the excellent quality of the food, but also the exceptional service and attention we received. Highlight: the different finishing salts presented to complement our menu selections. For me, the Hawaiian Lava salt was supreme on the Tuscan Veal. Would you ever have anticipated that?Special Features:
- My husband and I celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2008My husband and I celebrated our 35th anniversary at ENVY. We were totally impressed with the restaurant. When making the reservation, I requested a quiet table and mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary. As the hostess showed us to a lovely booth, she wished us a Happy Anniversary, a very nice personal touch. Our waitress was excellent - a perfect mix of professionalism and personality. My husband ordered a petite filet and I had the seared scallops and lobster mac and cheese, all cooked to perfection. After dinner our waitress surprised us with a piece of chocolate cake topped with ice cream on a plate that was decorated with dessert gel reading Happy Anniversary. We highly recommend ENVY.Special Features:
- Very good food at pretty reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2008Very good food at pretty reasonable prices. Service was good once they got going. Not over the top but very friendly and reasonably prompt. Atmosphere was not quite what we considered "romantic", the description was why we chose that particular restaurant. More like a re-modeled coffee shop. Still an enjoyable experience with out the Saturday night "strip" crowds
- Restaurant was visually pleasingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2008Restaurant was visually pleasing but that was about it. Service was extremely slow and the waitstaff appeared to be somewhat confused. When food was finally served, it was barely warm and tasteless. Trying to pay for check ended up being a 30 minute adventure, involving the manager and several other staff members, making us late for our next appointment.
- Walking distance from theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2008Walking distance from the convention center and superb ambiance. We are all Latinos and had Spanish speaking help that was delightful to us. Clean, beautiful and good food.Special Features:
- the prix fixe menu was excellent.FoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2008the prix fixe menu was excellent. service was awesome.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2008The food was absolutely delicious! The service was excellent. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- We especially enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2008We especially enjoyed the music at the Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- Extremely courteous, yet unpretentiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2008Extremely courteous, yet unpretentious, staff. There was no sommelier, but teh wine tasting notes were accurate and helpful. Typical high-end steak house menu, but it had some unique side dishes as well. The flavored salts were a clever touch and added to teh culinary experience. Highly recommend the chef's trio for dessert. You get to try three desserts, and they are just teh right amount.Special Features:
- What a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2008What a wonderful experience. The staff did a great job of handling our group of 10. The pork chop was wonderful and was told the steaks were greatSpecial Features:
- the food when it finally cameweeatVIPDined on 9/10/2008the food when it finally came out was cold. way to overpriced for what they serve. mortons or ruth cris are much better
- The best steaks west of ChicagogatsbysmomDined on 9/3/2008The best steaks west of Chicago - the bone in fillet was out of this world!Special Features:
- We continue to return to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2008We continue to return to this restaurant to celebrate all of our special occassions! The food is great and they always take WONDERFUL care of us!Special Features:
- The Envy steakhouse was thoroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2008The Envy steakhouse was thoroughly an enjoyable dining experience. Great ambiance and friendly wait staff made this for a very enjoyable evening. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides were to die for. I highly reccomend the mashers and asparagus. It was my mothers 50th birthday I mentioned this in the note area of opentable.com when making the reservation. Without asking or mentioning anything the waiter brought her a melting choclate cake with ice cream that had happy birthday written on the plate at the end of our meal. She was extremely surprised and flattered. I highly recommend Envy Steakhouse at the Rennaisance Hotel in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Awesome place, Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2008Awesome place, Great food and service been there twice and know there will be many more beautiful dinners to come.Special Features:
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2008The dining experience was incredible. Deonte (I'm not sure of his name) was an incredible waiter. He helped us through the menu and the list of wines suggesting excellent food. He took a lot of time with us and we appreciated his extensive knowledge of the food and wines that you have to offer. We will definitely plan on coming back. I received a gift certificate from the school that I teach at for dinner at the restaurant, which is why we went. What an incredible gift! It was by far one of the best dinners I have ever had! Thank you and please make sure that our waiter is thanked as well. He definitely added to the dining experience.Special Features:
- Better than some "Hot Spots"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2008Better than some "Hot Spots" on the Las Vegas Strip!Special Features:
- I am not used to paying $50RealMCVIPDined on 7/18/2008I am not used to paying $50 and up for a bottle of wine, More regional names on the list would be nice, I don't need to pay $250 to enjoy my dinner wine, so I ordered by the glass. The food was great.
- We had a great time! Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2008We had a great time! Our waiter was awesome! Well versed on the menu and very helpful. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- We told them upon reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/7/2008We told them upon reservations that it was our first anniversary. we were greeted by hostess who wished us a happy anniversary. our waitress did the same thing. we ordered a dessert and they decorated the plate with happy anniversary AND told us upon billing that the cake was on the house! how nice of them! we will definately be dining again and recommending you to all our friends!Special Features:
- AMAZING Porterhouse steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2008AMAZING Porterhouse steak! Excellent wine list (try the Argentinian Malbec). Great place for a quiet dinner and conversation. Not all noisy and busy like the strip steakhouses. If you don't care for lack of strip views, want GREAT beef, good service, and excellent wine then make your reservation here.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2008The food was fantastic and reasonably priced for Las Vegas. The staff was very friendly. I will definitely be going back.
- This was a nice restaurantrtmalone10Dined on 6/10/2008This was a nice restaurant to have a dinner meeting at - big table for a 4-top - good service that was not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008Great food, great service! Will be back next time in Vegas.Special Features:
- Off the strip, but decentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/26/2008Off the strip, but decent food. Definatley try the split pea soup. Food was good but not great.Special Features:
- The menu needs a little moreOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/21/2008The menu needs a little more work. The salad w/the figs was too pricey for the amount received. I also had the Lamb Bisco?...and it leaves something to be imagined as I am used to Lamb w/a mint sauce and this was not seasoned as lamb needs to be and served on a bed of mashed potato like beans. If I was to return I belive I will go when they have the Jazz Brunch on Sundays as I heard per the radio station here in Las Vegas(Oasis 105.7) it is excellent!..I hope I am not let down.Special Features:
- Wish the brunch had a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008Wish the brunch had a little more to offer (it was a different experience) but entrees were great. The Salmon fillets were outstanding but the spinach was SO SO SO AWESOME! I had to get an extra spinach it was so good. Steak was very tender and a good choice.Special Features:
- The food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008The food and service was very good. I would highly recommend it. The one dissapointing fact was the wine. Don't get me wrong, the wine the waiter picked was excellent, 2005 Qupe Syrah, at the time I didn't even mind paying $65 for the bottle, my dissapointment came the following night while dining at Flemings (very comparable in quality, ambiance, etc). They had the same wine, with the same vintage listed for $45, a whopping $20 difference for the same bottle, so I felt a little gouged. Overall had a nice dinner on my Dad's 65th Birthday.Special Features:
- The restaurant was below expectatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/6/2008The restaurant was below expectation.The reservation was for 7.30 PM. They could not seat us until 8.15. The round table I had requested was not available. The organic pork was served cold and had to be returned.The sea bass was luke warm. The overall service was OK.Not outstanding. The creamed corn was not served. The restaurant is rather noisy.
- I was expecting a much betterUncleGDined on 4/16/2008I was expecting a much better steak, based on their promotional material... too bad - I got the bone-in NY strip, but it wasn't nearly as good as Ruth's Chris or Morton's. Service was good and nice atmosphere.
- IT'S A CONVENIENT RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/14/2008IT'S A CONVENIENT RESTAURANT CLOSE TO THE CONVENTION CENTER. WHILE INSIDE THE RENAISSANCE HOTEL, THE BEST PART IS THE NON-SMOKING RULE THROUGHOUT !Special Features:
- Service was horribly slowOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2008Service was horribly slow for an express lunch. We were told about the 'buffet' and 15 minutes later our waitress finally came back and said - Oh, you aren't doing the buffet? Drink refills, getting the check, etc all took forever. Our express lunch took over an hour and that was only because we pushed to get things moving. Otherwise - it would have taken 2.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant withbikesbeerandgrubVIPDined on 4/14/2008Beautiful restaurant with modern decor right down to the knives that lay on the table blade down. Very nice overall, timing was a little on the slow side. Highlights were the ahi tuna dynamite tower and the bone in filet. They also make a very nice sea bass if you've not in the mood for steak. Also, they are accommodate vegetarians with off menu recommendations. I dined there 3 times while at a conference and service was consistently very good.Special Features:
- Location, location, location.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2008Location, location, location. Otherwise, I would not seek out ENVY for the food. It is still typically Marriott.Special Features: