ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
3400 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.envysteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7027845716x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch/Dinner @ Grill 55: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00am
Dinner: Daily from: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Mihy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ENVY offers catered events with special menus for groups ranging in size from two guests in our Wine Room up to full buy outs for up to 200 guests.
- Special Events: Please contact our Director of Catering to plan corporate holiday parties or celebrations of your life events such as weddings, rehearsal dinners, graduation parties, retirement parties, and baby showers.
- Cross Street: Paradise / Desert Inn
- Public Transit: ENVY is located directly adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center Monorail station and a stop on the Citizens Area Transit (CAT) bus system. Cabs are also always available in our porte-cochère if you prefer not to wait.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: ENVY is located just off the lobby of the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel. We provide efficient complimentary valet parking and a well lit parking garage with elevators that take you directly into the hotel reception area. Should you be arriving by cab, you will find ample availability of cabs to assist with your departure.
A word from ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
A hidden gem and your new favorite Vegas steakhouse, ENVY, offers an unforgettable experience. Avoiding a typical steakhouse look and feel, ENVY’s red high vaulted ceilings offset a glassed walk-in wine cellar with 1500 bottles of fine wine. A Chef's Table sits across from the open kitchen and the Wine Room offers an intimate experience for private parties. This gorgeous, hip monument to beef features dishes prepared by decorated Executive Chef Christopher Mihy. ENVY serves incredible dishes such as a 15oz Bone-in Rib-Eye, 12oz Bone-in Filet, 40oz Tomahawk, Veal Chop Milanese, and a Signature Sea Bass with famous sides such as Truffle Fries and Bourbon Creamed Corn. Premium Angus Steaks are aged for 28 days and seafood is meticulously prepared to perfection. ENVY won the Las Vegas Life Magazine Award for “Best New Restaurant Off the Strip”, has a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, is rated “extraordinary” by Zagat, & has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (27)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good for localMarchVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food was excellent and service was great by Niki. Local special until 9/30, two for one entree up to $60.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere was beautiful and the service was great. To start we had the mozzarella and tomato caprese and the caesar salad. For our main course we ordered the 40oz tomahawk steak. We have had this steak before elsewhere as well we have had the porterhouse for 2 at Ruth's Chris so we knew that we where in for something special. That's where we were wrong. The steak was presented to us sliced in to pieces. The slices of steak were then grilled to bring it up to the cook temp that we wanted which was medium. Who would do that to a $95 steak! I understand that this size of steak would take time to cook but we would wait because we know that the outcome should be amazing. The chef should learn how to cook this steak as a whole.Special Features:
- Outstanding SteakhouseTerryDined on 8/20/2014It's worth getting off the strip for a steak at Envy (access is easy from the monorail station at the Las Vegas Convention Center). This small restaurant in the Renaissance hotel offers excellent food and service. The espresso-crusted New York strip with mushroom sauce was one of the main reasons for our recent visit. But the truffle butter-crusted sea bass is also superb. D'ante was a great waiter--enthusiastic and attentive, with a good sense of timing for serving each course. Entrees come with dreamy (i.e., buttery) mashed potatoes and flavorful Brussels sprouts. We used a Groupon deal, which made this meal a bargain.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodrdredDined on 8/18/2014Really excellent food and good services, beautiful location with acceptable prices. The appetizers are really big and the entrees are large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danny GDannyGDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Envy several times and have enjoyed each meal there greatly. All the staff if great and food is awesome. We look forward to dining there the next time we are in VegasSpecial Features:
- Memorable EveningtravlinLAVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our first time will have us coming back for every trip to Las Vegas. Far SUPERIOR to the high priced famous names here in LA. no comparison!! A "must dine at" while in Las Vegas......convenient off the strip behind Wynn, next to the convention center....FABULOUS!!Special Features:
- Lovely, quiet dinner in VegasencinocarolDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I wanted a quiet dinner near our hotel and decided to try Envy. We love Renaissance Hotels and have found their restaurants to be very good. It turned out that Envy was an oasis of peace. No smoking, no casino, no huge crowds, just a very lovely setting for a quiet dinner. We arrived early for our reservation and were seated immediately. Water arrived quickly, as did the rolls and butter; glasses were refilled - wine list was great with a good number of "by the glass" choices. The menu intrigued us, but finally settled on the sirloin steak and the rack of lamb - both done to perfection and delicious. Service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We'd go back here without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak/Great ServiceLOVERIBEYE1Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is off the las vegas strip at the Renaissance hotel. I dined there Saturday, 8/2/14 with my husband. I ordered a rib eye steak medium. It was perfect. The steak tasted phenominal and it was a hearty portion. In fact, the sides (garlic mashed potatoes and collard greens) were good portions and tasted great. Their Cesar salad was fresh and plenty of cheese on it. I told the waiter that we needed to be out within the hour and half and he made sure he got us out on time to get to our show. Everything down to the timing was perfect. The décor of the restaurant was quite romantic and dim. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Mediocore ServiceLasVegasfoodfoodieDined on 8/2/2014I was anxious to try ENVY because I heard that the food was excellent. I went this past Saturday and I ordered the bone in filet which was $1 cheaper than the standard 8 oz filet. The filet was the best filet that I have ever tasted! A complimentary order of garlic mashed potatoes was included. Unfortunately, the server fell short of expectations. He never even checked back with us after the food was delivered. A manager checked with us but not the server. This is unacceptable for a place of this caliber. The restaurant is running a 2 for 1 local resident special until October first.Special Features:
- GREAT CHEF..........GREAT FOOD.ashleyzaraDined on 8/2/2014Our experience was top notch, from start to finish, everyone was attentive. The food was great, nice place to have a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Good foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My first time here and foods pretty good and live music tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Went here on a suggestion from a coworker and they travelzoo deal. We had very high hopes as my coworker sang Envy's praises. The food was ok, but definitely nothing to write home about. The vegetable sides were all under cooked and our filet was over cooked. Anytime a restaurant serves a $40-50 steak and it isn't the right temperature, I have no desire to give them a second chance. Don't thing I would go back even at 50% off.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemChase511VIPDined on 7/23/2014My husband and I have been to Envy before and loved it so we went back again... We were NOT dissapointed! The food here is amazing and our server, Deante, as fantastic! Very friendly, knowledgeable and loves what he does. Once you go, you'll be hooked. We will be back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLoudDined on 7/22/2014Never had a bad experience here. Some of the best food in Las Vegas, which is no small feat. Service is as always, Top Notch!Special Features:
- DinnerJosephDined on 7/12/2014Had dinner here for wife's birthday with family and friends, service and food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good execution, better effortfakeguyDined on 7/10/2014This isn't the best steak I've had anywhere, but it was very good. the sides were very good. The service was amazing and I really enjoyed the ambiance. Watch for coupons and locals specials to make it an even better deal. Recommended.Special Features:
- So delicious....LV24723VIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant never fails to go above and beyond expectations, nice to know we will always leave happy!Special Features:
- Delicious Food..something missingBece2Dined on 7/3/2014Atmosphere-3 Ok here I have a bit of problem. The colors, décor and overall 'feel' is cozy, a bit romantic,& a bit fancy air. 'but'...Something just doesn't 'feel' right. Plus very cold & food got cold. Prices-2 'off' atmosphere & price too high. Food-4 Nice bread to start. I had the tomato soup (vegan) good, but cold. I had sea bass, delicious, thick, melt in my mouth treat. Portion: 'deck of cards double thickness.' My guy liked his sirloin, portion similar to my fish. Wine, strip prices,but NOT ON THE STRIP. Service-4-5 attentive, polite, professional. I can't put my finger on it but I have no desire to go back. My $80 Groupon cost $40, tab $45., tip $25.=$110. Too much, even with the Groupon.
- Awesome steak off the StripOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2014The Envy Steakhouse is part of the Renaissance Hotel. After 5 days in th Las Vegas heat we spent our last evening in the hotel. This restaurant exceeded all expectations. From the miute of arrival until we were finished everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- PeterVIPDined on 6/30/2014Envy is a dinner steakhouse with a standard steakhouse menu with a very good wine list. When there is a conference in the LV Conference Center it is also open for lunch, serving the same menu as the hotels Grill 55, but not in a bar location. It is quiet and the food is excellent and the choices are unique. The 1/2 LB hamburger is tremendous and the fish taco's are excellent. The service is top notch and the restaurant decor makes it ideal for a quiet lunch or for a business conducting lunch. I would highly recommend the Envy for lunch whenever in town and a convention is at the center. The prices are very reasonable for the meal that you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnvydisappointedDined on 6/28/2014Service was terrible. Had to ask for more coffee three times.
- very disapointingGumbyVIPDined on 6/20/2014I made a reservation for a lunch meeting with a client. when we arrived at the restaurant it was Closed ! this was very embarrassing to say the least. we had to eat in the bar area and the service was terrible. the "manager" told us well you can go eat on the patio "i will be there in a minute" never saw her again
- Not a true steak houseJames5starsDined on 6/19/2014This is more like an expensive hotel cafe but with a very small (and expensive) menu. For lunch there was only one steak on the menu and no other entree selections other than traditional fare such as salads, a wrap and a burger. Service was mediocre at best. When I asked for a tea they brought a box that literally looked like it had been dropped on the floor and dumped back in (nothing in order and no 'selection'). Overall it was poor value with a mediocre food quality and barely satisfactory service.
- Worst everBUSAVIPDined on 6/5/2014Sent steak back 2x worst ever it was gross! They had to comp most of the meal. The server was excellent he should find a new spot!
- Chewy steakArleneVIPDined on 5/31/2014Good service but food was not what I expected. Meat was chewy and not appealing. I preferred the steak and eggs offered at breakfast better.
- Truffle parmesan friesMaxwellVIPDined on 5/13/2014OMG! The parmesan truffle fries are totally addictive (and a steal at only $10 for a mountain of them). We've eaten here twice now and had two of the best meals of our lives. The Chilean sea bass was totally awesome but the server (Joshua) really made our evening. I don't know that I've ever had a more personable server (he also recommended the creamed corn but there's no way a human being could eat that AND the parmesan truffle fries...and you have to taste them to understand why they should not be passed up.Special Features:
- mothers day brunchFlyersDined on 5/11/2014Drove from Henderson to use our reservation. Was greeted by the manager and told that they had cancelled the brunch and would not charge our credit card!!! (as if I was expected to pay). He said they tried to contact all that had reservations but missed us!! So-- we tried the last minute to salvage "Mothers day" on our own!!
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014When I booked the reservation, I was lead to believe that I was making reservations for a Sunday Mother's Day Brunch. All verbiage on Open Table advertised a Mother's Day Brunch and quoted a $39.00 per person Brunch with 30 stations and unlimited Champagne and Mimosas. When arriving at the restaurant, there was no Mother's Day Brunch as advertised. It was a pick from the breakfast menu and very disappointing for my wife and family. A pure case of false advertising.
- NiceLadyV31Dined on 5/4/2014The food was great and the service was great. I was diaappy that we could not use the Resturanu. Com gift certificate that we purchase.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A1 Service & FoodJDC42Dined on 4/28/2014Fantastic all around. Service was top notch. Food fantastic. View was great. Top shelf mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 718 reviews are from the ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas reviews archive.
- tomtomrnDined on 4/25/2014Service was excellent. They took great care in noting my dinning companions food allergies. Delicious food, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient when at NAB84food411Dined on 4/8/2014This is a close by, higher quality than other 'casino' hotel restaurants - but with just a so-so arrangement - and crowded for breakfast. Good place for morning meetings before going to the Las Vegas Convention Center. Be sure you use OpenTable for reservations or you will wait a very very long time. We were greeted promptly and seated almost immediately. Other friends had to go elsewhere (at least for breakfast).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse with an Italian FlareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014Open faced Ravioli....I can't say enough. Handmade Pasta, Chorizo and a delicious unknown sauce. Qué agradable sorpresa!Special Features:
- Lunchtime Buffet During ConExpoEatMeatVIPDined on 3/6/2014We had a good experience - Carolyn at the greeting desk was fabulous. We were there for ConExpo and visited the lunch buffet. It was good as buffets go - and quick which was the key. The service was great.
- Good SteaksMascDined on 2/15/2014The 40 oz. bone-in ribeye for two was an outstanding recommendation by our server. Off the grid a little, next to the convention center, quite and best of all no wait for a 6 pm reservation for a Sat. night. Great Steaks, good sides, good service, slightly pricey but it's Vegas....I plan to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timecm32Dined on 2/15/2014We went on a Saturday night with another couple. Early reservations were made at 5pm. The restaurant only had one other couple in there. Our waiter was very attentive. Decor and ambiance were nice. This is a moderately priced restaurant and you can expect to get a 4 star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations fell extremely shortWurxDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day. Overall first impression was awesome. Fixed holiday menu, we advanced to our next course, it would take triple the amount of time and it was out of order. My glass of water was empty for well over 15 minutes. Times we had nothing on our table for long stretches. The staff, that in the begining were quick and orderly, seemed to avoid our part of the resturaunt. Couples well after us were progressing faster through the meal. The main entree was a delicious 30oz steak we split and 70% was very tasty. Parts were charred black, unable to choke down. After 2 hours we had asked for the check not even getting to dessert that I was already having to pay for. Worst dining experience out of our 4 day vacation. Can't fit my full reviewSpecial Features:
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014The normal menu was not available which at first did not impress me. However, my wife and I took the chance and opened our minds for a new experience. I am very happy that we did, the Valentine's offering was wonderful. Not only was the food excellent, the service was as well. The Executive Chef came to our table and prepared the flaming desert table side which was an excellent close to an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks!sarafaekVIPDined on 2/5/2014Nice lunch while in the convention center. Thanks!Special Features:
- Casual and Fine Dining MeetKevinDined on 1/31/2014Was in Vegas and went to a show. Due to timing I decided to eat after the show (~10PM) and wanted a steakhouse that knew how to make a steak, but was also casual. What a great find. Laid back and high class in one package. Server was excellent. Food was sublime. Steaks cooked to perfection. And it wasn't ridiculously expensive. 2 Steaks, 2 Sides, Dessert and 2 drinks. $160. Definitely off the beaten path, but what a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.