ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
3400 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.envysteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7027845716x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch/Dinner @ Grill 55: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00am
Dinner: Daily from: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Mihy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ENVY offers catered events with special menus for groups ranging in size from two guests in our Wine Room up to full buy outs for up to 200 guests.
- Special Events: Please contact our Director of Catering to plan corporate holiday parties or celebrations of your life events such as weddings, rehearsal dinners, graduation parties, retirement parties, and baby showers.
- Cross Street: Paradise / Desert Inn
- Public Transit: ENVY is located directly adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center Monorail station and a stop on the Citizens Area Transit (CAT) bus system. Cabs are also always available in our porte-cochère if you prefer not to wait.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: ENVY is located just off the lobby of the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel. We provide efficient complimentary valet parking and a well lit parking garage with elevators that take you directly into the hotel reception area. Should you be arriving by cab, you will find ample availability of cabs to assist with your departure.
A word from ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
A hidden gem and your new favorite Vegas steakhouse, ENVY, offers an unforgettable experience. Avoiding a typical steakhouse look and feel, ENVY’s red high vaulted ceilings offset a glassed walk-in wine cellar with 1500 bottles of fine wine. A Chef's Table sits across from the open kitchen and the Wine Room offers an intimate experience for private parties. This gorgeous, hip monument to beef features dishes prepared by decorated Executive Chef Christopher Mihy. ENVY serves incredible dishes such as a 15oz Bone-in Rib-Eye, 12oz Bone-in Filet, 40oz Tomahawk, Veal Chop Milanese, and a Signature Sea Bass with famous sides such as Truffle Fries and Bourbon Creamed Corn. Premium Angus Steaks are aged for 28 days and seafood is meticulously prepared to perfection. ENVY won the Las Vegas Life Magazine Award for “Best New Restaurant Off the Strip”, has a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, is rated “extraordinary” by Zagat, & has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (35)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (23)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experience! Food Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Had a great time, changed the reservation a few times and everyone was pleasant and very accommodating. Food was amazing, steak melted in mouth. Creamed corn is my favorite here!! everyone in our party said their meals were delicious. Our sever Justin was so helpful and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!!AMloveDined on 10/11/2014Wow! The sea bass was amazing! Even the ceasar salad was delicious. Service was amazing! Staff was extremely friendly. We are from Miami, and there is always great food there, so for me to say Wow, it speaks for itself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience!LawhamelDined on 10/10/2014We had a group of six guys on our annual Vegas pilgrimage. We eat at a steakhouse every year, and chose Envy for the 2014 trip. It was among the best, if not the best of the restuarants we have tried. To a guy, everyone raved about the food, and the service was attentive and friendly. We usually do not repeat a site for these dinners, but Envy will give us some pause in that regard. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- ENVY for steak.PhillyRichVIPDined on 10/3/2014ENVY is located off the strip in the Renaissance Hotel on the ground floor. The architecture and ambience are wonderful. The food was average for an upscale steakhouse. My friend and I started with wedge salads followed by a 12 oz. New York and a 10 oz. filet. The filet was a bit overcooked. We had garlic mashed potatoes and bourbon cream corn for sides. Everything was good, but nothing was exceptional. We didn't have room for dessert. In a city with so many steakhouses to try, I can't think of a great reason to go back to this one, unless I was staying at the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special.....CalicakesDined on 9/28/2014We dined here for our first wedding anniversary. The staff went out of their way to make the evening special for us. The food and service were both excellent and they didn't blink an eye when we shared our entrée or salad. They even provided a dessert for us "on the house" and gave us an anniversary card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Envy is Fabulous!TeutssVIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. Their specialty are aged prime steaks. Tender and delicious. We also ordered the french fry tower and bourbon creamed corn. Both side dishes exceeded our expectations. Our waiter was excellent and recommended a Malbec bottle of wine that was both very good and not too expensive. Although Envy has an extensive wine list, it was difficult to find a good bottle under $75.Special Features:
- Good foodEtkadDined on 9/26/2014Good food the only criticism I have is my steak was a little to rare I asked for medium and I got rare I should of sent it back but I usally don't send stuff backSpecial Features:
- Wonderful birthday celebration!!JkarenwmsVIPDined on 9/23/2014Took my hubby to dinner for his birthday. What a great dining experience which included birthday cake and ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FantasticFoodieDined on 9/22/2014Great food, wonderful service & great location! Server Josh was super great!Special Features:
- CkburauDined on 9/17/2014Amazing service. They went above and beyond for our anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for any trip to VegasMarkVegas65VIPDined on 9/17/2014If you only had one steakhouse to visit while in Las Vegas this would be the only choice. Off the strip and we'll worth the trip. Excellent service with no attention to detail overlooked. The seafood plateau was so incredibly fresh. Two entrees were perfect. The Sea Bass was cooked perfectly and the bone in filet was superb. I always order my steaks rare + and this is the only steakhouse that gets it consistently perfect. The service was impeccable. We visit once a year and always look forward to this superb restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceEd2013Dined on 9/16/2014We had a great experience including a visit from the Chef. Thee food was tasty, prepared to perfection and plated beautifully. The service was exceptional. I would gladly book a reservation in the future !Special Features:
- BEST EVERTRUELOVEDined on 9/15/2014This is a hidden gem in Vegas. Highly recommended. We will go back every time we visit Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food/serviceDeePVIPDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my birthday at ENVY. Couldn't have picked a better place. The food prepared by Chef Carlos was superb....we started by splitting a Wedge salad (practically a meal in itself) and then, we had the Sea Bass and the Rack of Lamb...both fixed to perfection. The highlight of our meal was the excellent service provided by Stephanie...friendly, helpful, personable, and efficient, to boot. We couldn't have asked for more. Looking forward to going back already.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary!SchambreauDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary at Envy Steakhouse. The staff made it a wonderful evening filled with their warm wishes and great service. They presented us with a hand written thank you for celebrating with them and gave us a delicious dessert on the house. Our dinners were cooked to perfection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the salthzleyesVIPDined on 9/10/2014The fillet is always fantastic, cooked perfect, tender and with steaks, they provide a variety of salts to try as you like on steak. I love the black lava salt.mmm mouth watering just remembering. Usually have same server, Josh and he is wonderful, super friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy but very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food and wine was excellent, though the price was a tad high for what it was. Service was fine, although it surprised me when I asked if they had a place to hang my coat they told me they didn't. All in all though a great meal and a place I would go to again.Special Features:
- one of our go-to'smaryjkDined on 9/6/2014My husband first tried to order the 10 oz New York, was told they were out. The vegetarian dish I ordered was overpriced and poor quality. Our server Josh was very good and they remembered it was my husband's birthday. The room is great service is good, food needs some work.Special Features:
- Good for localMarchVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food was excellent and service was great by Niki. Local special until 9/30, two for one entree up to $60.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere was beautiful and the service was great. To start we had the mozzarella and tomato caprese and the caesar salad. For our main course we ordered the 40oz tomahawk steak. We have had this steak before elsewhere as well we have had the porterhouse for 2 at Ruth's Chris so we knew that we where in for something special. That's where we were wrong. The steak was presented to us sliced in to pieces. The slices of steak were then grilled to bring it up to the cook temp that we wanted which was medium. Who would do that to a $95 steak! I understand that this size of steak would take time to cook but we would wait because we know that the outcome should be amazing. The chef should learn how to cook this steak as a whole.Special Features:
- Outstanding SteakhouseTerryDined on 8/20/2014It's worth getting off the strip for a steak at Envy (access is easy from the monorail station at the Las Vegas Convention Center). This small restaurant in the Renaissance hotel offers excellent food and service. The espresso-crusted New York strip with mushroom sauce was one of the main reasons for our recent visit. But the truffle butter-crusted sea bass is also superb. D'ante was a great waiter--enthusiastic and attentive, with a good sense of timing for serving each course. Entrees come with dreamy (i.e., buttery) mashed potatoes and flavorful Brussels sprouts. We used a Groupon deal, which made this meal a bargain.Special Features:
- Not impressedEswinaDined on 8/19/2014I guess I made the mistake of not having steak at a steakhouse. I had the Grand Seafood Plateau, the seafood was fresh and well prepared except for the mussels and clams which were a little rubbery. The sauces were terrible - mayonnaise, a spicy cocktail sauce and a mignonette, the mayonnaise would have been better if it had been Miracle Whip, the cocktail sauce looked and tasted like concentrated ketchup and the mignonette was just some watered down apple cider vinegar so I opted to use just lemon juice and pepper. The Espresso Steak as an appetizer was good. The beef was cooked perfectly but the sauce tasted more of the wine used to deglaze than espresso. The Balsamic Rack of Lamb lacked flavour. Service was good. Not worth the $
- Excellent FoodrdredDined on 8/18/2014Really excellent food and good services, beautiful location with acceptable prices. The appetizers are really big and the entrees are large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danny GDannyGDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Envy several times and have enjoyed each meal there greatly. All the staff if great and food is awesome. We look forward to dining there the next time we are in VegasSpecial Features:
- Memorable EveningtravlinLAVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our first time will have us coming back for every trip to Las Vegas. Far SUPERIOR to the high priced famous names here in LA. no comparison!! A "must dine at" while in Las Vegas......convenient off the strip behind Wynn, next to the convention center....FABULOUS!!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!dpkraftVIPDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I were onn vacation and wanted a really good dinner so on a thought we chose ENVY. This was a great choice and it's as good as Mortons. The service was first class as well..Special Features:
- Lovely, quiet dinner in VegasencinocarolDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I wanted a quiet dinner near our hotel and decided to try Envy. We love Renaissance Hotels and have found their restaurants to be very good. It turned out that Envy was an oasis of peace. No smoking, no casino, no huge crowds, just a very lovely setting for a quiet dinner. We arrived early for our reservation and were seated immediately. Water arrived quickly, as did the rolls and butter; glasses were refilled - wine list was great with a good number of "by the glass" choices. The menu intrigued us, but finally settled on the sirloin steak and the rack of lamb - both done to perfection and delicious. Service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We'd go back here without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak/Great ServiceLOVERIBEYE1Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is off the las vegas strip at the Renaissance hotel. I dined there Saturday, 8/2/14 with my husband. I ordered a rib eye steak medium. It was perfect. The steak tasted phenominal and it was a hearty portion. In fact, the sides (garlic mashed potatoes and collard greens) were good portions and tasted great. Their Cesar salad was fresh and plenty of cheese on it. I told the waiter that we needed to be out within the hour and half and he made sure he got us out on time to get to our show. Everything down to the timing was perfect. The décor of the restaurant was quite romantic and dim. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Mediocore ServiceLasVegasfoodfoodieDined on 8/2/2014I was anxious to try ENVY because I heard that the food was excellent. I went this past Saturday and I ordered the bone in filet which was $1 cheaper than the standard 8 oz filet. The filet was the best filet that I have ever tasted! A complimentary order of garlic mashed potatoes was included. Unfortunately, the server fell short of expectations. He never even checked back with us after the food was delivered. A manager checked with us but not the server. This is unacceptable for a place of this caliber. The restaurant is running a 2 for 1 local resident special until October first.Special Features:
- GREAT CHEF..........GREAT FOOD.ashleyzaraDined on 8/2/2014Our experience was top notch, from start to finish, everyone was attentive. The food was great, nice place to have a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Good foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My first time here and foods pretty good and live music tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Went here on a suggestion from a coworker and they travelzoo deal. We had very high hopes as my coworker sang Envy's praises. The food was ok, but definitely nothing to write home about. The vegetable sides were all under cooked and our filet was over cooked. Anytime a restaurant serves a $40-50 steak and it isn't the right temperature, I have no desire to give them a second chance. Don't thing I would go back even at 50% off.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemChase511VIPDined on 7/23/2014My husband and I have been to Envy before and loved it so we went back again... We were NOT dissapointed! The food here is amazing and our server, Deante, as fantastic! Very friendly, knowledgeable and loves what he does. Once you go, you'll be hooked. We will be back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLoudDined on 7/22/2014Never had a bad experience here. Some of the best food in Las Vegas, which is no small feat. Service is as always, Top Notch!Special Features:
- DinnerJosephDined on 7/12/2014Had dinner here for wife's birthday with family and friends, service and food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good execution, better effortfakeguyDined on 7/10/2014This isn't the best steak I've had anywhere, but it was very good. the sides were very good. The service was amazing and I really enjoyed the ambiance. Watch for coupons and locals specials to make it an even better deal. Recommended.Special Features:
- So delicious....LV24723VIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant never fails to go above and beyond expectations, nice to know we will always leave happy!Special Features:
- Delicious Food..something missingBece2Dined on 7/3/2014Atmosphere-3 Ok here I have a bit of problem. The colors, décor and overall 'feel' is cozy, a bit romantic,& a bit fancy air. 'but'...Something just doesn't 'feel' right. Plus very cold & food got cold. Prices-2 'off' atmosphere & price too high. Food-4 Nice bread to start. I had the tomato soup (vegan) good, but cold. I had sea bass, delicious, thick, melt in my mouth treat. Portion: 'deck of cards double thickness.' My guy liked his sirloin, portion similar to my fish. Wine, strip prices,but NOT ON THE STRIP. Service-4-5 attentive, polite, professional. I can't put my finger on it but I have no desire to go back. My $80 Groupon cost $40, tab $45., tip $25.=$110. Too much, even with the Groupon.
- Awesome steak off the StripOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2014The Envy Steakhouse is part of the Renaissance Hotel. After 5 days in th Las Vegas heat we spent our last evening in the hotel. This restaurant exceeded all expectations. From the miute of arrival until we were finished everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- PeterVIPDined on 6/30/2014Envy is a dinner steakhouse with a standard steakhouse menu with a very good wine list. When there is a conference in the LV Conference Center it is also open for lunch, serving the same menu as the hotels Grill 55, but not in a bar location. It is quiet and the food is excellent and the choices are unique. The 1/2 LB hamburger is tremendous and the fish taco's are excellent. The service is top notch and the restaurant decor makes it ideal for a quiet lunch or for a business conducting lunch. I would highly recommend the Envy for lunch whenever in town and a convention is at the center. The prices are very reasonable for the meal that you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 728 reviews are from the ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas reviews archive.