ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
3400 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.envysteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (702) 784-5716
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch/Dinner @ Grill 55: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00am
Dinner: Daily from: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Mihy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ENVY offers catered events with special menus for groups ranging in size from two guests in our Wine Room up to full buy outs for up to 200 guests.
- Special Events: Please contact our Director of Catering to plan corporate holiday parties or celebrations of your life events such as weddings, rehearsal dinners, graduation parties, retirement parties, and baby showers.
- Cross Street: Paradise / Desert Inn
- Public Transit: ENVY is located directly adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center Monorail station and a stop on the Citizens Area Transit (CAT) bus system. Cabs are also always available in our porte-cochère if you prefer not to wait.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: ENVY is located just off the lobby of the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel. We provide efficient complimentary valet parking and a well lit parking garage with elevators that take you directly into the hotel reception area. Should you be arriving by cab, you will find ample availability of cabs to assist with your departure.
A word from ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas
A hidden gem and your new favorite Vegas steakhouse, ENVY, offers an unforgettable experience. Avoiding a typical steakhouse look and feel, ENVY’s red high vaulted ceilings offset a glassed walk-in wine cellar with 1500 bottles of fine wine. A Chef's Table sits across from the open kitchen and the Wine Room offers an intimate experience for private parties. This gorgeous, hip monument to beef features dishes prepared by decorated Executive Chef Christopher Mihy. ENVY serves incredible dishes such as a 15oz Bone-in Rib-Eye, 12oz Bone-in Filet, 40oz Tomahawk, Veal Chop Milanese, and a Signature Sea Bass with famous sides such as Truffle Fries and Bourbon Creamed Corn. Premium Angus Steaks are aged for 28 days and seafood is meticulously prepared to perfection. ENVY won the Las Vegas Life Magazine Award for “Best New Restaurant Off the Strip”, has a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, is rated “extraordinary” by Zagat, & has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ENVY The Steakhouse at The Renaissance Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (41)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (29)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great service1234VIPDined on 11/23/2014Stephanie was so attentive to out needs; she's the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!kuchschoiceDined on 11/21/2014Food and service was very good. Lots of choices in Vegas and this one is a solid choice. Sea bass was delicious and truffle fries are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden Las Vegas GemAMercedesDined on 11/17/2014We wanted to take my mom to a wonderful restaurant, but steakhouses on the strip we're out of out price rage. So, Envy had a special on travelzoo. $140 for only $68. When we arrived we were greeted by name & the hostess and our waiter immediately wished my mom a happy birthday. The waiter and other staff were very accommodating and helpful recommending wines and entrée for us. When our meals arrived, they were wonderful. We had the 40oz tomahawk steak. & salmon with asparagus. Every bite of our food was amazing. It melting in our mouths. It was such a wonderful experience. When we finished dinner, our waiter brought my mom a birthday dessert. They wrote happy birthday on the plate in chocolate. Our waiter was Matt. He was wonderful. I definitely recommend this restaurant. It's very mellow, off the strip, and very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great! The food was just ok.NPD2Dined on 11/15/2014Our waiter Christian was very nice and took good care of us. The food came out fast. We ordered the calamari and bay shrimp for appetizers, seafood platter, the halibut with lobster Mac & cheese and bourbon corn. We were disappointed with the seafood platter because the oysters weren't fresh. All the other dishes were good. The best part was the bread pudding with an expresso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steaksTannDined on 11/15/2014the best thing are the steaks, everything else not so much. Lobster macaroni and cheese tastes like it is right out the box. Service is excellent though. Staff is friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegashomieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and service. The filet was perfectly done and seasoned, and the accompanying sauces were delicious. The truffle fries are the best I've ever had. A very welcoming and friendly staff, without being intrusive. I wouldn't have known about this great restaurant if I hadn't gotten a Living Social voucher, and so glad that I took the chance. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with great foodOrrlfrdVIPDined on 11/7/2014Fantastic sea bass and the creamed corn was to die for. Our server, Krisztian, was very helpful when it came to the recommendations. He was spot on and overall it was nice going off the strip and since we were at the Convention Center it worked out great because this was at the Renaissance which was next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Envy has good food, service, and a great location next to the Las Vegas Convention Center, we will return.Special Features:
- Nice steak houseTrj13Dined on 11/1/2014We've eaten here several times. Great service and food.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/27/2014ENVY has a classic steakhouse menu with various cuts of meat, but a nice selection of seafood. My evening started off with slow service with a newer server. Took about 20 minutes to get anything to drink, including water. Service improved as the evening progressed and management checked in periodically. The food was well prepared; nice cut of steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The food just wasn't that great and for the price we were disappointed. The best part of our entire meal was the garlic mashed potatoes. I have eaten in great restaurants prior to this experience and I will not return. Even the simple caprese salad had unripe tomatoes, the ONE piece of basil had been fried, and the mozzarella "balls" did not taste fresh. The prices for this restaurant really need to be lowered by 30%.Special Features:
- good but not greatYooshDined on 10/23/2014This place is great if you want to grab a bite close to the convention center. Good ambiance and good service. My steak had a descent flavor but was on the tough side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a top end steak houseDSdinerVIPDined on 10/20/2014Was here a few years back and found the quality and service was not at top level ... nice and convenient if a guest at hotel, although pricey given what the competition offers
- Food was standard. Service was NOT.VeganSteakLoverDined on 10/18/2014We have been to ENVY several times. The food, while not outstanding, is certainly acceptable -- especially when using a discount certificate. On our most recent visit we found the service painfully slow. No, exceedingly bad! The black gentleman (sorry, did not catch his name) was friendly, greeted us by name, and showed us to our booth. He set the scene for a wonderful evening. Thereafter, things went downhill. The restaurant, while there were several parties dining, was far from full. Yet, our service started out slow ... and continued to get slower and slower. Two hours after we arrived our salad, soup, rib-eyes, and sides were long gone. We truly wanted coffee/desert but became overly tired of waiting. So ... check please!
- Great experience! Food Amazing!sb97Dined on 10/17/2014Had a great time, changed the reservation a few times and everyone was pleasant and very accommodating. Food was amazing, steak melted in mouth. Creamed corn is my favorite here!! everyone in our party said their meals were delicious. Our sever Justin was so helpful and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotTAY2VIPDined on 10/12/2014awesome place. with good people working in it. food was excellent and i cant wait to eat there again when i visit which is every few weekends with my soon to be wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!!AMloveDined on 10/11/2014Wow! The sea bass was amazing! Even the ceasar salad was delicious. Service was amazing! Staff was extremely friendly. We are from Miami, and there is always great food there, so for me to say Wow, it speaks for itself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience!LawhamelDined on 10/10/2014We had a group of six guys on our annual Vegas pilgrimage. We eat at a steakhouse every year, and chose Envy for the 2014 trip. It was among the best, if not the best of the restuarants we have tried. To a guy, everyone raved about the food, and the service was attentive and friendly. We usually do not repeat a site for these dinners, but Envy will give us some pause in that regard. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- ENVY for steak.PhillyRichVIPDined on 10/3/2014ENVY is located off the strip in the Renaissance Hotel on the ground floor. The architecture and ambience are wonderful. The food was average for an upscale steakhouse. My friend and I started with wedge salads followed by a 12 oz. New York and a 10 oz. filet. The filet was a bit overcooked. We had garlic mashed potatoes and bourbon cream corn for sides. Everything was good, but nothing was exceptional. We didn't have room for dessert. In a city with so many steakhouses to try, I can't think of a great reason to go back to this one, unless I was staying at the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special.....CalicakesDined on 9/28/2014We dined here for our first wedding anniversary. The staff went out of their way to make the evening special for us. The food and service were both excellent and they didn't blink an eye when we shared our entrée or salad. They even provided a dessert for us "on the house" and gave us an anniversary card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Envy is Fabulous!TeutssVIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. Their specialty are aged prime steaks. Tender and delicious. We also ordered the french fry tower and bourbon creamed corn. Both side dishes exceeded our expectations. Our waiter was excellent and recommended a Malbec bottle of wine that was both very good and not too expensive. Although Envy has an extensive wine list, it was difficult to find a good bottle under $75.Special Features:
- Good foodEtkadDined on 9/26/2014Good food the only criticism I have is my steak was a little to rare I asked for medium and I got rare I should of sent it back but I usally don't send stuff backSpecial Features:
- Wonderful birthday celebration!!JkarenwmsVIPDined on 9/23/2014Took my hubby to dinner for his birthday. What a great dining experience which included birthday cake and ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FantasticFoodieDined on 9/22/2014Great food, wonderful service & great location! Server Josh was super great!Special Features:
- CkburauDined on 9/17/2014Amazing service. They went above and beyond for our anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for any trip to VegasMarkVegas65VIPDined on 9/17/2014If you only had one steakhouse to visit while in Las Vegas this would be the only choice. Off the strip and we'll worth the trip. Excellent service with no attention to detail overlooked. The seafood plateau was so incredibly fresh. Two entrees were perfect. The Sea Bass was cooked perfectly and the bone in filet was superb. I always order my steaks rare + and this is the only steakhouse that gets it consistently perfect. The service was impeccable. We visit once a year and always look forward to this superb restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceEd2013Dined on 9/16/2014We had a great experience including a visit from the Chef. Thee food was tasty, prepared to perfection and plated beautifully. The service was exceptional. I would gladly book a reservation in the future !Special Features:
- BEST EVERTRUELOVEDined on 9/15/2014This is a hidden gem in Vegas. Highly recommended. We will go back every time we visit Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food/serviceDeePVIPDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my birthday at ENVY. Couldn't have picked a better place. The food prepared by Chef Carlos was superb....we started by splitting a Wedge salad (practically a meal in itself) and then, we had the Sea Bass and the Rack of Lamb...both fixed to perfection. The highlight of our meal was the excellent service provided by Stephanie...friendly, helpful, personable, and efficient, to boot. We couldn't have asked for more. Looking forward to going back already.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary!SchambreauDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary at Envy Steakhouse. The staff made it a wonderful evening filled with their warm wishes and great service. They presented us with a hand written thank you for celebrating with them and gave us a delicious dessert on the house. Our dinners were cooked to perfection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the salthzleyesVIPDined on 9/10/2014The fillet is always fantastic, cooked perfect, tender and with steaks, they provide a variety of salts to try as you like on steak. I love the black lava salt.mmm mouth watering just remembering. Usually have same server, Josh and he is wonderful, super friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy but very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food and wine was excellent, though the price was a tad high for what it was. Service was fine, although it surprised me when I asked if they had a place to hang my coat they told me they didn't. All in all though a great meal and a place I would go to again.Special Features:
- one of our go-to'smaryjkDined on 9/6/2014My husband first tried to order the 10 oz New York, was told they were out. The vegetarian dish I ordered was overpriced and poor quality. Our server Josh was very good and they remembered it was my husband's birthday. The room is great service is good, food needs some work.Special Features:
- Good for localMarchVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food was excellent and service was great by Niki. Local special until 9/30, two for one entree up to $60.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere was beautiful and the service was great. To start we had the mozzarella and tomato caprese and the caesar salad. For our main course we ordered the 40oz tomahawk steak. We have had this steak before elsewhere as well we have had the porterhouse for 2 at Ruth's Chris so we knew that we where in for something special. That's where we were wrong. The steak was presented to us sliced in to pieces. The slices of steak were then grilled to bring it up to the cook temp that we wanted which was medium. Who would do that to a $95 steak! I understand that this size of steak would take time to cook but we would wait because we know that the outcome should be amazing. The chef should learn how to cook this steak as a whole.Special Features:
- Outstanding SteakhouseTerryDined on 8/20/2014It's worth getting off the strip for a steak at Envy (access is easy from the monorail station at the Las Vegas Convention Center). This small restaurant in the Renaissance hotel offers excellent food and service. The espresso-crusted New York strip with mushroom sauce was one of the main reasons for our recent visit. But the truffle butter-crusted sea bass is also superb. D'ante was a great waiter--enthusiastic and attentive, with a good sense of timing for serving each course. Entrees come with dreamy (i.e., buttery) mashed potatoes and flavorful Brussels sprouts. We used a Groupon deal, which made this meal a bargain.Special Features:
- Not impressedEswinaDined on 8/19/2014I guess I made the mistake of not having steak at a steakhouse. I had the Grand Seafood Plateau, the seafood was fresh and well prepared except for the mussels and clams which were a little rubbery. The sauces were terrible - mayonnaise, a spicy cocktail sauce and a mignonette, the mayonnaise would have been better if it had been Miracle Whip, the cocktail sauce looked and tasted like concentrated ketchup and the mignonette was just some watered down apple cider vinegar so I opted to use just lemon juice and pepper. The Espresso Steak as an appetizer was good. The beef was cooked perfectly but the sauce tasted more of the wine used to deglaze than espresso. The Balsamic Rack of Lamb lacked flavour. Service was good. Not worth the $
- Excellent FoodrdredDined on 8/18/2014Really excellent food and good services, beautiful location with acceptable prices. The appetizers are really big and the entrees are large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danny GDannyGDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Envy several times and have enjoyed each meal there greatly. All the staff if great and food is awesome. We look forward to dining there the next time we are in VegasSpecial Features:
- Memorable EveningtravlinLAVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our first time will have us coming back for every trip to Las Vegas. Far SUPERIOR to the high priced famous names here in LA. no comparison!! A "must dine at" while in Las Vegas......convenient off the strip behind Wynn, next to the convention center....FABULOUS!!Special Features: