2308 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53233Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.envoymilwaukee.com/
- Phone: 4143455015x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am,
Sunday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Daily: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Long
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Envoy has an intimate private dining room that can comfortably accommodate 25 people. Other facilities within the Ambassador Hotel can accommodate up to 120 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Eve Mattheis 4143455021x
- Special Events: Private dining is available.
A word from Envoy
Since its opening in 2005, Envoy Restaurant in the Ambassador Hotel has been charming guests with its nostalgic 1920's ambiance, world class cuisine and impeccable service. Envoy's menu showcases artisan regional ingredients while fusing recognizable American cuisine with global influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Envoy - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Envoy reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (20)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)good for groups (9)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great BrunchgreateatsDined on 8/17/2014Delicious food and a diverse menu in a lovely Art Deco setting. It's all you can eat but you don't have to stand in a buffet line - they bring the food to you. The service is great too.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableCRAWDined on 8/16/2014We always enjoy dinner at the Envoy. Wonderful architecture, atmosphere is unique and wonderful, and the meal seldom disappoints. (The bar for a light meal is an enjoyable alternative also.) Perhaps it is not one of the "hot spots" of downtown Milwaukee, but it is a GREAT alternative......one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Both food and ambiance are a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Envoy is the lovely restaurant in the art-deco Ambassador hotel: pretty pink linen tablecloths, flowers at every table and art deco details throughout. Be sure to use the complimentary parking in the private and protected hotel lot as the neighborhood is a bit uneven. Our lunch was delicious -- seared sesame tuna salad and a hearty Milwaukee cheese steak sandwich. The service was excellent, helping us select our order and offering to tailor our order for our tastes. One of our favorite dining experiences while on a 10-day vacation in Wisconsin.Special Features:
- lanaDined on 8/14/2014This is my sixth time at Envoy in the past year. Love the place. Have been their for dinner, but mostly lunch. Outstanding service and a great menu to choose from in every category. Worth the time to enjoy a great meal. Talked about trying their Bruch, heard it was outstanding also. You will not be disappointed in thie neighborhood gem. LanaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in TowndschupDined on 8/10/2014The food was outstanding. The entire table agreed...best brunch in town. We will be back!Special Features:
- MUSODMUSODDined on 8/8/2014As always, the Envoy provides us with an excellent choice of fine foods, we have never had an menu item that did not please the diner! Excellent service by the staff who are very attentive without being obtrusive. We look forward to the changes of the menu and the enjoyment of new foods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchaverageguysthoughtsDined on 8/3/2014Recently celebrated my wife's birthday with Brunch at the Envoy. It was our first time. The food was very good, and the price is reasonable. The small plates give you an opportunity to try several different things. We would definitely go back there for brunch again in the future.Special Features:
- Great experience!waxstaxDined on 7/21/2014During our very enjoyable stay at the Ambassador, we took in dinner at Envoy, and were pleasantly surprised. A wide variety of menu items included several salad and appetizer choices, and many specialty entrees. It was immediately obvious that the "fresh and local" claim was adhered to, as everything we were served seemed freshly picked and prepared. Wedge salad was INCREDIBLE, cream of mushroom soup OUTSTANDING and not over-salted as it so often is. Steaks prepared and cooked PERFECTLY, no over-seasoning here, either. Breakfast the next morning was also a treat, with eggs benedict over crab cakes that were DIVINE! VERY courteous and knowledgeable staff served us in timely manner. HIGHLY recommended! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Business LunchRandyDined on 7/11/2014Great service and free off street parking just a couple of blocks from Downtown Milwaukee. Great for business lunches and more. I was running late and my guest were comfortably provider for in my tardiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for traditional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/4/2014We had a great dinner at Envoy. My expererience has been that there are two types of "foodies". One likes classic dishes prepared well without surprises. The second likes innovation and unusual combinations - tasting menu types. I fall into the first type and so does Envoy. Our party had fish, meat, and duck and all were excellent. The restaurant is in a neat Art Deco hotel and looks great. Check out the lobby before or after you eat. The noise level was low for us because there were not many diners at the time, but I can see it getting a bit noisy if the room is full becasuse of the hard floor and other surfaces. All in all, the four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would (will) go back anytime we are in Milwaukeee.Special Features:
- special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I've been to Envoy four times now and really love it. It's my new "go to" place.Special Features:
- Best brunch in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014We have had brunch here several times and each time have left saying "It is the best brunch in town"!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014If you are looking for great food, a charming setting in a restored historic hotel, and an environment that you can easily hear conversations then you should definitely go to Envoy. The food was great, the service was outstanding ( thanks Jae!) and since we were going to an event at the BMO the shuttle was brilliant. A great overall experience!Special Features:
- love it!foodloverVIPDined on 5/17/2014Love the art deco style and how they have kept the chandeliers and tile ssnd glass. The food is wonderful and the 2 for 40 is an awesome value. Nice wine choices too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Back in TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Entering the bar is a step back in time - beautifully restored 1940s vibe. Single best cosmo I have ever tasted and the bartender made my son a sidecar without blinking an eye. Restaurant is equally beautiful. We would not hesitate to go back for date night or a special event. Food was top notch - even foodies would fine the menu interesting.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service OKDeeCathrynDined on 5/11/2014We came here for Mother's Day Brunch and were pleasantly surprised at the options. I am a vegetarian that doesn't eat eggs so brunch can be hard for me. They had a full buffet including waffles, pancakes, fruit, sausage, omelettes made to order, salmon, shrimp, carving stations and desert table. In addition, they had a shortened menu of their typical small plate brunch that you could order was included in the cost of the buffet. The endless coffee, tea, juice and champagne was also a plus. We had a very nice waiter who was relatively attentive. At times he seemed annoyed that we were ordering more which was kind of awkward. The way the tables were set up with the buffet it was hard to get around, but worth the delicious food.Special Features:
- Quaint neighborhood gemlisak7001Dined on 5/11/2014This is our third year coming here for Mothers Day brunch. We love the buffet, the small plates and the unlimited champagne/ mimosas. It's all very well run and the food is always very good and priced rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchScooperDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day Brunch. My wife & I have eaten dinner there a few times, they have not disappointed. The brunch was very good. The selection of food was a lot more than I would have expected and it was all excellent. We would do it again.Special Features:
- The following 356 reviews are from the Envoy reviews archive.
- Great food!RooshieDined on 5/3/2014Had the salmon dish and it was excellent! Roasted fingerling potatoes were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in MilwaukeeMissTDined on 4/27/2014The small plates give you the opportunity to try many dishes in one visit. This was my second time at Envoy for brunch and everything I had was amazingly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceREDHEADDined on 4/27/2014The Envoy is one of those gems you read about in restaurant guides. The moment you walk into the hotel you are taken back in time to a place where service is number 1. The atmosphere reminds me of a movie set in the 1940s. I expect to see Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall sitting at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for vegetariansKinseyDined on 4/26/201450% of our diners were vegetarians. For those not, the menu was very satisfactory. The pork chops were rated great, though why you would serve 2 of those giants is a mystery when one would satisfy most appetites. The seafood meal was also rated great. But alas, it seems you have no kind thoughts for those who don't eat meat of any kind. Vegetarians are not a tiny fraction of weird folks protesting against something. They are normal folks who should be catered to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - kind of expensiveStandsWithAFistDined on 4/20/2014We ate here for Easter brunch. It was $26 for adults and $16 for kids under 12 or something. The food was very good so I wasn't sorry we had done it. Also, we had a reservation so no unknowns on getting a table or long wait times. However, I am a light eater so I certainly didn't come close to eating $26 worth of food. Also - my 5 year old son ate about $2 worth. Oh well...it was a nice family day with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceDestinTartDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was the first time at this restaurant tucked into the Ambassador Hotel attentive host seated us at a good table. Entertaining waiter, Ike, is worth the trip. Food was good, with small plate options and buffet. Omelette station, carving station, dessert table and more. Delicious mimosas sealed the deal for a return engagement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing to write home aboutletsdineoutDined on 4/4/2014We had a 7:30 res. but didn't need it, the place was almost empty. The place was cute but seemed old and tired and rather worn. The fried cod and shrimp were good, but when we asked for another round, since it is all you can eat, the waiter seemed reluctant to accommodate our request and insisted that we tell him the number of shrimps, Potato pancakes were not good and the waiter forgot to bring the apple compote that was supposed to be served with them. Coleslaw was not good and was warm, not cold. Apples, coleslaw, tarter sauce and cocktail sauce were served in small plastic containers, very tacky - at the price they charge they could at least use real dishes.
- WONDERFUL SURPRISECRAWDined on 4/2/2014WEDNESDAY NIGHT IS 50% OFF FOR A BOTTLE OF WINE.....NICE DEAL. IN AN UNUSUAL SITUATION, ALL 4 OF US HAD THE RIBS - THEY WERE AWESOME. WE HAVE ENJOYED THE ENVOY ROOM OCASSIONALLY, BUT THIS WAS THE BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchlanaDined on 4/1/2014There were three of us that went to Lunch at Envoy. It was a really great experience. Waiter was very friendly and professional. Gave us time to chat, look over the menu and chat after lunch. Did not rush us out and always came back to see if we needed anything. Two of us had the pulled pork sandwich and it was outstanding. The other person had a side salad and a flatbread pizza and she enjoyed it. Worth a try for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved this place. We wentNickyDined on 3/30/2014I loved this place. We went for Sunday brunch and what a treat. The food was excellent as well as the service. I would highly recommend Envoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RETURN VISITGammaDoreyDined on 3/30/2014I love the Sunday Brunch, and return often to enjoy it again. Our waitress, however, did not pay attention to clearing away dirty and/or empty dishes and needed reminders. The hostess was very friendly. The food, as always, was delicious.Special Features:
- Envoy was fabulous!skylinesDined on 3/29/2014We had our first visit to Envoy in The Ambassador Hotel on March 29, 2014. It is a small restaurant inside the hotel. We had a great experience from when we were escorted to our table through paying the check. The staff is warm and knowledgeable. The service was wonderful and the food, excellent. We wanted to take our time eating and it was not an issue. Their menu has something for everyone and we ordered different entrees so we could taste each others. Thank you for an enjoyable evening. Everything was great and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before play dinnerChrispyDined on 3/29/2014Everyone was thrilled with dinner & the shuttle to the theater just makes the evening even more enjoyable!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medium Rare steak came ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2014Medium Rare steak came our well done and mashed potatoes were ice cold.
- yummy foodamelaDined on 3/15/2014there was a concert across the street so it was busy and the cold air was coming in a lot but food was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/23/2014The Envoy does brunch the right way. The small plates are artfully presented with creative dishes - and just enough food for a good taste. We love the ability to order as many as we want, and we also love being served, rather than getting up for a buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Envoy. It is so reasonableyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014We love Envoy. It is so reasonabley prices, but food is all food is delicious and portion is very generous. I ordered beef tenderloin with foie gras and my husband ordered duck breast with cherry sauce. Amazingly good. The waitress brought wine by glass by miatake when we orsered a bottle. The wine glass she brought had lot of water on the glass, that wasnt what we ordered, but I would not want drink wine frim that glass. We will definitely go back again though.Special Features:
- Restaurant Comfortpopsplus5Dined on 2/15/2014The draftyness of the restaurant was uncomfortable and took away from enjoying the meal and the special occasion of that evening I was spending with my wife. The main entrance of the hotel to the restaurant isn't suitable for this time of year. The doors were constantly opening and the draft was very noticeable. the restaurant was busy so we couldn't change to a different table. We might go back to the Envoy for another dinner or Brunch but it will be when the milder weather shows up!Special Features:
- TerribleAngryDined on 2/14/2014Me and my fiancé went here for valentines day and let's just say it was terrible. We are not the type of couple to ever complain but there was just no good point to the evening. We had 830 reservations and didn't get sat until almost 9 even though there were many open tables. Once we were finally seated we were able to order our food. After we ordered we waited an hour before we were even updated on where our food was. It took all of an hour and a half to get our food to our table and I would consider it sub par. During our long wait for food we were never asked if we would like another drink or if there was anything they could get us. It seemed we were stuck in the corner and forgotten. I wouldn't waste your time here!
- Beautiful and GoodAnnieDined on 2/14/2014The Ambassador Hotel Art Deco restaurant is a special surprise. After a multi million dollar reno it has been restored to original charm and has a top notch chef. There is a wonderful Sunday brunch and possibly the best fish fry in Milwaukee. The "all you can eat" fish fry: dark rye bread, potato pancakes (or fries) cole slaw, and baked, fried or Greek style cod, or fried shrimp for $14.99. You can order the cod and for your "seconds" have the shrimp - REALLY! ! ! or perch for $16.99. They have a small side room for groups you can reserve for your private party. This is a real find and the decor is beautiful in chocolate, cream and teal colors with gold and steel accents. Beautiful and Good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerTandEDined on 2/14/2014First time we dined at Envoy. Surprisingly quite. Relaxed ambiance. $40 total for a three course meal (including a vegetarian option) for him and her plus a bottle of wine can make an enjoyable dinner for two just slightly under $100. Operation of the host stand was a little unorganized. Service was poor. Yes, he had a lot of tables, but it doesn't mean he couldn't be personable or do a quality check back after a course was dropped off. Probably not a reflection on all staff. Food came out timely though. And was good especially for the price mentioned before. Overall a good experience and would recommend it to any couple looking to try a new spot for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BreakfastsharonDined on 2/8/2014I came here at my sister's request to celebrate my birthday. Our server was Ike, who is a real gem and an outstanding waiter. The presentation of the food was very visually appealing. The crab cake benedict was exceptional. The Amaretto Sours we had were also very good. The atmosphere and musical selection were sublime, warm and very inviting. The Envoy displays a level of class and elegance that I haven't experienced in a very long time and, quite frankly, until my experience there, I thought may be extinct. The Envoy has renewed my belief that there is a restaurant in Milwaukee that still classifies as 'fine dining.' Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.