1608 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19146-1542Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.entreebyob.com/
- Phone: 2157900330x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Addis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome
A word from Entree BYOB
Entrée is a BYOB located at 1608 South Street in Philadelphia. At Entrée we offer seasonal American fare crafted from high quality, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu is creative, balanced & simple, never pretentious! We specialize in traditional and modern dishes that project the true integrity of the food we create. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or spirit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Entree BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (12)romantic (12)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The waiter did a great job making sure we had a great experience on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Delicious!!disappointingDined on 8/1/2014I was really impressed with Entree BYOB. I was with a group of 7 people, 2 bottles of wine, and a bottle of champagne. They had our table ready upon our entrance and we were seated immediately. They quickly brought wine glasses and chilled the champagne. The waiter was attentive, entertaining, and helpful to all of our requests. I ordered the seared tuna with clams, mussels, and eggplant rossoto in a red sauce...so yummy. While I thought the tuna was not the best suited fish to accompany the dish, it was still phenomenal (a white fish would be better in my opinion). People had the option of price fix or individual dishes...their menu and options were very accommodating to the diversity of palates and preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !!!EttorestyleVIPDined on 7/29/2014There was nothing that we did not like my complements to the chief !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's...GoodDJK1VIPDined on 7/18/2014This is a good neighborhood restaurant. Very good location. Very good service. Very good menu concept and structure (2 different prix fixe options plus regular menu with enough variety). However, the food is shy of great in comparison to other local restaurants with a similar vibe and target clientele. The fried Oreo dessert however is a deliciously odd guilty pleasure that I'm sure was prepared way better than what you'd find at a carnival. Overall a very good experience worth trying again to monitor and compare over time (both the restaurant and the fried Oreos).
- Delicious dinnerDolceDined on 7/13/2014We stopped in on a Sunday in July. Our waitress was great and attentive (there was also a 20 person birthday celebration). I asked for her reccomendation and she was on point. I had the scallop dish with corn hash and a raspberry coulis. My tastebuds were singing! My companion had the strip steak and it was also prepared well. I indulged in the fried oreos even though I was more than full from my entree. We did the Prix Fixe which was a pretty good deal ($40 or $50). The appetizer figs were a lovely choice for a starter. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Outstanding in all areasmbf6288VIPDined on 7/12/2014Went for dinner Saturday night. We had high expectations as has heard quite a bit of positive. Entrée lives up to all expectations and then some. We chose a prix fixe and had totally different selections and each one was incredible. Sat on the sidewalk, they have three tables. Service was fantastic, a relative of the owner. Met the owner / chef as we were leaving. He is so talented. Cant wait to go back. Only note - inside did seem loud but there was a large group - bachelorette party. I hope everyone supports this wonderful restaurant on South Street west.Special Features:
- Great food, but...,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Great food, but wait staff could be more attentive and the music selection the night we dined would appeal to a very small portion diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerPhillyGirlVIPDined on 7/11/2014Dinner was delicious. Service was perfect. This was our second visit. I don't usually order pasta but I couldn't resist the porcini ravioli, so delicious. Second time I ordered the wedge salad appetizer. I made my husband order his own because it's so good I wouldn't share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food! lots of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2014Warm welcome and good food. comfortable atmosphere! We were a large table and they treated us very well. Try it!!!! you will like it!!!!!Special Features:
- Loved our meal at EntreeBrooklynJoVIPDined on 7/5/2014The exterior and menu say bistro fare, but the chef's skill and creativity raise the food to a whole other level. From the home-baked bread we dipped in oil infused with something sweetly subtle, we moved on to the best fried calamari I have ever had, then to seared duck breast on asparagus, in a light sauce with dried cherries and mushrooms, not a combo you expect but it worked beautifully, and Divers sea scallops--who gives 5 huge scallops anymore? -- perfectly cooked, soft as butter, on a bed of corn and sweet red peppers. Then dessert pulled out all the stops. Deep fried oreos with vanilla ice cream and toffee sauce had me wanting to lick the plate. Limoncello cake was light and tart. This was a $40 prix fixe BYOB deal. Incredible.Special Features:
- Great findSuburbanfoodieDined on 6/24/2014Highly recommend for weeknight dinner. Calamari was phenomenal, scallops sweet and done to perfection. The halibut was also great. Dessert limoncello cake was the perfect ending to a perfect dinning experience. Wait staff pleasant and personable, chef came out to speak with customers, all in all, a great last minute find....will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great server, great foodMattopentableDined on 6/21/2014Had the NY strip and my wife had the duck. We loved both dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night outNikkiVIPDined on 6/20/2014The staff and the menu were great. The food was bland except for the red sauce accompanying the tuna steak with mussels and clams. Spicy and delicious. It was certainly pricey, but we enjoyed ourselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf & turfOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Started with appetizer special prosciutto wrapped figs then Surf and turf. A Lobster tail and ny strip cook perfectly. Also prosciutto wrapped fig special was pure deliciousness. We forgot our wine and were alittle bummed until our server Jenna brought us over two glasses of blood orange sangria. She said they make it just in case of emergency. Lol. Thanks JennaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014had the surf& turf and it was out of this world. Seared tuna fra diavolo was also amazing. finished our meal with the fried oreos. Very impressed with entree and will returning soon.Special Features:
- PhillytouristDined on 5/17/2014Welcoming, relaxed atmosphere. My daughter and husband both thought the duck was amazing. My husband particularly liked the calamari appetizer, but the mussels were too large. We'd definitely recommend Entree, but for a BYOB, it was still expensive. Even with our paid parking voucher in the windshield, we got a ticket.Special Features:
- perfect nightgeezer13Dined on 5/17/2014food was delicious,our waiter was spot-on.the noise level ,we could live withSpecial Features:
- Great menu! Great food!SnaketteVIPDined on 5/11/2014Came across Entrée looking for a Mother's Day reservation on Open Table. Although the menu was small, there wasn't a dish on it that didn't speak to me. I made everyone at the table order something different and it was all fantastic. Started with a great arugula salad with peaches, plums, grapefruit and balsamic--the combo was outrageously good. Absolute raves for the seared tuna--fabulous rub, seared to perfection, a huge portion. The halibut and the duck breast were also standouts. Dessert was incredibly light lemon mascarpone cake, a chocolate nutella canolli and fried oreos for the kids--a must try!!! We sat in the open window and had great service. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food, but the noise…painful!SandyKDined on 5/10/2014Second time at Entree. Both times, the same experience. Really great food but the place is so super noisy on a Saturday night. Not sure what they can do to temper the pounding voices, but that would be a major improvement. The food is terrific but I am not sure I will return on a weekend evening.Special Features:
- Fab foodlive2enjoyVIPDined on 5/10/2014They unfortunatelty had 2 privat groups with 8 & 10 and one of them was so extremely loud that we were thinking of leaving. Once they got this fabulous food they calmed down and we were glad we stayed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backTomRDined on 5/10/2014I took my family out over the weekend for Mother's Day dinner and everyone really enjoyed Entree BYOB. We didn't make it too easy on them, I had changed the number of people on the reservation the day before and our party ended up showing up late anyway. The staff was very nice and friendly, and we received no ill will from them, which was just great. The food was also very good, I got the Calamari and the Rib Eye. Neither of the dishes I ordered were the best I've ever tasted, but they were close. Despite the generous portion sizes, everyone at our table cleaned their plates. The place was packed when we were there, and there was a party of 20 in a restaurant that seats 35 people total- made it a bit loud and cramped, not that bad though.Special Features:
- Great little BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Food was good, service was good, price was good. Can't beat it! And the fried Oreos and Nutella canolli were awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, not greatBMC59VIPDined on 5/1/2014When we came here a few months ago for the first time I thought is was a great find, an excellent new BYOB. On Thursday when we dined here it wasn't as good. Still good, but it didn't live up to the expectations from our first visit.
- Amazing seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Started with the calamari probibly the best we ever had. I had the seared tuna fra diavolo and my wife had the halibut both were prepared perfectly. Very impressed with entree. Will be returning very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEm30Dined on 4/29/2014I picked Entree BYOB last minute for a group of five bc it was in my neighborhood and it was a BYO. The food was incredible. Most of us chose one of the three course prix fixe options and the portions were very generous. Everything was excellent but you must try the mussels and clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKellieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our dining experience at Entree BYOB was wonderful in every way. The service was attentive without being intrusive, the atmosphere was comfortable, and the FOOD was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 89 reviews are from the Entree BYOB reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Great food,amazing staff! Love this little hidden spot and I'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedmeme1953VIPDined on 4/18/2014Got a last minute reservation and was very happy with this new find. Food was really good and service was attentive. Prices were appropriate for this level of quality food. Only semi negative, we were seated at the door which was 3 feet away. Good thing it was not a cold night! Will go back.Special Features:
- An all Around excellent diningSohoVIPDined on 4/13/2014An all Around excellent dining experience Extremely attentive waitstaff Chef owner also attended to us The food was amazing. Reasonably priced and a BYOB I have found my new favorite BYOB restaurantSpecial Features:
- Took my mom out for dinnerE1T1Dined on 4/12/2014Took my mom out for dinner while she visited Philly. It'll run you about 40 bucks each, but it's very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go!!!!!!!CosmoladyDined on 4/10/2014So happy we stumbled upon this place!! Service was perfect, well paced with perfect timing. Food has to be some of the best that we have had in the city. Wedge salad was anything but usual. Delicious!! Dinners we had tuna with clams and mussels... Huge portion and amazing. My husband had a huge piece of halibut. He said it was spicy and he loved it. But dessert... Omg!!!! Fried Oreos with salted caramel ice cream. The chef came out to chat and I ate most of it!! You chat, husband, you lose!! Chef was young, personable, and seemed like a nice guy! This is a place that needs to make it! It is wonderful!!opened since September, they say business is always improving!! It should. It was incredible!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and deliciousahphilaVIPDined on 4/5/2014My husband loved the wedge salad, while I thought it strayed too far from the classic recipe and missed the piles of blue cheese that usually accompany this salad. The cornish game hen was DELICIOUS. We'd go back just for that. The balsamic reduction that is served with the bread basket is also wonderful. And yes, we went whole hog and had the deep fried oreos. Scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegetarianJonStewDined on 4/1/2014Entree offers some great options off-menu vegetarians. We mentioned we were vegetarians and the chef came out to personally give us some options and ensure that we felt welcome. I can't believe this place wasn't packed. The food and service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- agreatplacekainvaDined on 3/28/2014We loved our dinner at EntreeBYOB. All of our food was delicious; the service was great; and we liked the atmosphere. The chef is anxious to please the guests and was very responsive to our feedback. We would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and deliciousPatrickVIPDined on 3/27/2014My wife and I really enjoyed this neighborhood spot. Everything about it is great. The muscles and clams appetizer was phenomenal. My wife said the scallops were so delicious she couldn't share. Calamari was a little over prepared. Ambience was excellent. I think if they added 1 server or a table attendant the service would be 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD SPOT!BIGRED1VIPDined on 3/26/2014First time here. Went on a Wednesday night..not too crowded. BYOB..Can opt for fixed, 3 courses, $40 or a la carte. High quality, thoughtful presentation. Wedge salad, which as plain as it might seem, is very good. Both the tuna with clams and mussels, and the duck, with asparagas were excellent. Dessert of Lemoncello cake and fried oreos were quite tasty as well. Only complaint, and it has been mentioned before is that the menu could be a little bigger, or perhaps have 2 specials off menu. It is not much of a complaint and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good new Philly BYOB.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2014We ate at Entree last week and really enjoyed our meal. Everything was very fresh and prepared perfectly. My husband's duck breast came out a little overcooked, and the chef immediately cooked him another one which was perfect for him. There were also 2 fish entrees ordered and both were delicious. The menu is small but varied, but it would be nice if they had some specials to offer. The prices are very fair and we especially like that it is a byob. The restaurant was a little dark. I think they should keep the lights brighter to liven things up a bit.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisebillijohnDined on 3/21/2014We had no idea about the pre fix menu on Sunday evenings. But it was great! We shared the meat and vegetable offerings and every plate that arrived was a surprise and a delight. Excellent all around. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, anxious to please serviceTarzansgirlVIPDined on 3/21/2014The service here is friendly and keen to please, even if the food is of average execution. The portions are very generous but the kitchen needs to kick things up a notch if they are to compete with nearby Rex, Pumpkin and Sawatee restaurants, all of which have excellent cooking. most of the diners appeared to be young and on budgets, which is why the $35 prix fixe was a huge hit with most of the diners seated near me. On net, a pleasant night out, but not a venue for foodies.
- This was a great fine. OutstandingdinerDined on 3/18/2014This was a great fine. Outstanding food from start to finish. We ate early during the middle of the week so it was not that crowded. I would definitely return to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.