1608 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19146-1542Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.entreebyob.com/
- Phone: 2157900330x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Addis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome
A word from Entree BYOB
Entrée is a BYOB located at 1608 South Street in Philadelphia. At Entrée we offer seasonal American fare crafted from high quality, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu is creative, balanced & simple, never pretentious! We specialize in traditional and modern dishes that project the true integrity of the food we create. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or spirit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Entree BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (21)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (17)special occasion (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Group of 6 - we all loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014We each got a different entree, and 2 people ordered from the pric fixe. Food was all very nicely presented, generously portioned and delicious. Server was pleasant, attentive, and fast on her feet. The only drawbacks were dessert choices which were all overly sweetened, and not one chocolate item featured. That, and it's quite loud and the decor is just, um, kind of ugly. Still, food is king and we all said we'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We were a party of 6 and all were happy with their choices. The date appetizers were particularly interesting and good. The risotto was a bit spicy and the duck (which was delicious) had quite a bit of pepper in the sauce. So if you are sensitive to spice , talk to the waiter . The staff is very amenable to customizing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyFindingTimeDined on 9/28/2014I had a wonderful time at Entree. We organized a business dinner for a visiting colleague there and were not disappointed. It is a small space and we went on a Sunday so it was relatively quiet but the ambiance was just right. It is BYOB and they feature two separate prefix menus ($50 and $40) or your choice of a la carte entrees, etc. The food was delicious. I had the prosciutto wrapped figs, lobster surf and turf, and butterscotch creme brulee. My steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked. And the deserts were across the board divine (butterscotch creme brulee, fried oreos, and nutella canollis). I would definitely go back, maybe for a date :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fabulousCandaceDined on 9/27/2014The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We were delighted. We will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem! Excellent Food and Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014We chose Entree as the post-concert dining spot after as part of our classical music meetup night activities. As a group of 10 diners, they were prepared for our arrival. We were seated promptly and greeted by one of the friendliest, accommodating and pleasant wait staff ever. The menu doesn't overwhelm in terms of too many selections which I really liked. The prosciutto wrapped stuffed figs were a delicious appetizer. From mussels to salmon to salad to steak, everyone enjoyed their meal. Best of all, our wait person broken down the one check for us so each person was able to pay individually which is very helpful with a meetup post-concert meal. It's BYOB as well!Special Features:
- Not worth 4.5 Yelp starsNdkickerDined on 9/25/2014It's BYOB so I understand that it can be loud but if your not guzzling wine, it's impossible to have a conversation. Food was extremely bland and underseasoned. Calamari was overcooked and eggplant risotto was one note. For the price, can not recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014When thinking of a spot to bring my son's in-laws who are former restaurant owners, Entree was top on my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!LodesVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a great meal here early on a Saturday night before seeing a show. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was very good. We visited during restaurant week so they did not have their regular menu available but the prix fixe, 3 course meal for $35.00 was excellent. I need to return to try the scallops though. Best part is the BYOB which makes this a very affordable way to enjoy a great meal.Special Features:
- Great Surprise!mtncDined on 9/19/2014Went for Restaurant Week and it was a pleasant surprise. The food was delicious, the servers were great and the ten of us had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYONicoleCDined on 9/19/2014I visited this restaurant for the first time during restaurant week. The food was delicious, and I was seated right away when I arrived. The service was attentive, and despite it being a small place, it did feel cozy. I would return to try other items on their menu since the menu for restaurant week is set. It also is a nice byo with no corking fee. I did not sit outside, but there is outside dining. I noticed that the servers were attentive to customers sitting outside. Overall, I enjoyed my dining experience, and thought the food was very good.Special Features:
- pamkVIPDined on 9/19/2014Innovative menu beautifully prepared. The staff were friendly and service was attentive, engaged and helpful despite a very busy night. Potatoe croquettes were so good - like the best exotic comfort food. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall GoodRestaurantWeekDined on 9/18/2014We went in a group of 4 for restaurant week. I really enjoyed the the bacon wrapped dates, seared tuna and fried oreos. My husband had the steak and he wasn't thrilled but he's very particular about his steaks. I say go to a steak house for a steak. It was really cool that they are a BYOB but you can also bring liquors to be added to one of the virgin drinks. Which was awesome because one of the girls in our group was pregnant. I can't recall what she had but she really enjoyed it. I'd definitely go back but there's other places I want to try first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood diningKTRNDined on 9/17/2014My boyfriend and I went for restaurant week. They do the basics well. We enjoyed the calamari appetizer, prime rib, tuna steak. However, we were underwhelmed by the entire experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The menu was nice and the food was good with adequate portions. The place is small and all hard surfaces, so once it filled up it was hard to hear across the table without raising my voice. It is a byo which kept the bill reasonable. The service was good at first but once some larger parties came in it was less attentive. We felt a bit rushed at the end as no coffee was offered with the desert.Special Features:
- TOO LOUDJoAnnDined on 9/16/2014Unfortunately, because the noise level was so loud we will not be returning to his resturant. The food was great, the service excellent but the NOISE just made everything un-enjoyable. Too bad because under different conditions this would have be a definate return destination.Special Features:
- Great food!!!!!!PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food at Entree is always delicious! I actually went on Sunday and Tuesday! The angus steak and calamari a great choice! The seared tuna with the wedge salad also a great choice! I love the fried Oreos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!niknik519Dined on 9/15/2014The servers were very attentive and everyone in my party loved their meals! The portion sizes were perfect. The atmosphere is really romantic and cozy. I was happy it was a BYOB as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a yummy mealCeceDined on 9/15/2014I was here with girlfriends for Restaurant Week, this was our first time. The selections all sounded great, we were all happy with our food. The only thing that was not 100% was my prosciutto wrapped figs, they seemed a little extra well done....okay burnt. The fact that no one from chef to waitress noticed this was a little concerning, but I didn't complain. I still ate them. Other than that, salmon, steak, and fried Oreos-- all yum! I'd try this place again. Liked that it's byob too :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceLaurenfoodieDined on 9/14/2014We had a party of 6 come to Entree BYOB for dinner during restaurant week. We were lucky enough to sit at the table in the front by the open window so we had a view of South Street and a nice breeze during dinner. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the special restaurant week menu. I was expecting smaller portions since it was restaurant week, but the entire group was pleasantly surprised at the size of each dish. I ordered the wedge salad to start - loved the candied walnuts and dressing. I ordered the salmon for my main course which was delicious. And to finish, I ordered the fried oreos which were unreal. Great atmosphere, food, and service which provided a positive overall experience. Will be returning and will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazinghmm87Dined on 9/12/2014We went to Entrée for restaurant week. Loved that it was byob. The food was impossibly good. The service was amazing. The atmosphere was perfect. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Lacking in Other AreasAstutediner21Dined on 9/12/2014Ultimately, I judge restaurants based on food and the food here was very good. I was not disappointed with any of the dishes I tried. I will say that the food could be considered a step below the top restaurants in Philadelphia, but is still really solid. My main complaint is that I made a reservation for 8:30 and was not seated until 8:50. This is an extreme delay for a reservation and once we were seated, we were put at a tiny table that was on a slanted sidewalk. Additionally, the waiter never asked us how our food was and my water was only refilled once.
- Quaint and cute BYOBYummyDined on 9/12/2014The food was really delicious. A group of us (8) girls had a ball. One if the better BYOB's. I'd def come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSuburbanDwellerDined on 9/12/2014My Girlfriend and I wanted to enjoy Restaurant Weeks at a BYOB and we were not disappointed. We selected different appetizers, entrees and desserts and enjoyed every flavorful bite. We're both foodies and appreciate locally sourced ingredients and creative preparation. The service was very good. The noise level was very high, so we had to get close to talk. The great food trumped the noise. The fried Oreo was awesome. Easy parking at the kiosk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and QuaintVanntasticVIPDined on 9/12/2014My sister and I just dined here for restaurant week. The menu offered many options per course. We started with the calamari and prosciutto wrapped dates which were both great. My NY strip was cooked perfectly and very flavorful. My sister enjoyed her seared tuna steak. To end, we had the fried oreos which truly lived up to their reputation!! Our server Rob was friendly, laid back but still attentive. The tables are tight so be prepared to apologize to other patrons to get back to the bathroom.Special Features:
- Entree - A Great Little GemSaph3Dined on 9/11/2014We went to Entree BYOB for restaurant week this past Thursday. I regret that we had not checked them out prior to that point. The restaurant is a thin establishment that can probably seat up to 30 or so, the area is very well laid out and the ambience was great. Once the food started arriving, our opinion only increased. Everything we had was excellently crafted and presented. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- 4 Lady Foodies4LadyFoodiesDined on 9/11/2014One of our best Restaurant Week experiences ever. All our dishes were yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week jauntdiningwmybottleDined on 9/10/2014I enjoy byobs a lot, so we picked this restaurant week participant. Other than a quick fix mix up on an appetizer, the whole experience was very good. We would return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014We had an excellent meal at Entree . We had this restaurant on our list and Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity to dine there. The menu offered lots of choices - all good. We will definitely return to Entree in the near future.Special Features:
- Great place, check it out!TeresaDined on 9/8/2014Just went to Entree BYOB during restaurant week with my girlfriends and all 5 of us absolutely loved it! It's a BYOB which is all the more reason to check it out. The food was wonderful, I particularly enjoyed the salmon and fried Oreos for dessert...mmmm. We were seated in the front of the restaurant which was opened floor to ceiling to the street...such a cool atmosphere and located on a great street with lots of parking-we parked for free at a meter after 8:00. The service was wonderful and the chef came out afterwards and chatted with us--he was so nice! Entree is a great pick for any occasion; a quaint gem in this awesome city. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - poorly runOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had 9PM reservations for a party of 6 but weren't seated until well after 9:30 after we checked in a few different times. The restaurant was very hot and they were low on ice so the water was warm. Our waitress was nice and the food was good but clearly, they didn't have their act together and couldn't handle the volume/large groups that they were taking reservations for.Special Features:
- Average at bestRickRVIPDined on 9/5/2014Nothing remarkable from the service to the ambience to the food (which was good) - nothing remarkable.
- Good Local RestaurantDJK1VIPDined on 9/5/2014It's a good restaurant. Go there if you are in the neighborhood. Missing the x-factor to make it destination dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic & deliciousherbengVIPDined on 8/31/2014Entrée (a BYOB) features very imaginative, frequently eclectic dishes that make you want to try them all.Special Features:
- an absolute findeateateateateatDined on 8/29/2014this spot has some of the best food in all of grad hospital, period. couple that with a chef who can accommodate allergies (see: gluten free fried calamari that is reason enough to come diner) and a truly affordable prix fixe menu with more food than most can handle, and entree should be on your regular rotation. particularly, the steak here is unequivocally better than several of the higher priced steak houses in the city, for half the price. bring your favorite bottle of red wine and enjoy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Food and service both exceded any expectations I may have had. Best calamari I ever had. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!SugaDined on 8/23/2014We had a fantastic dinner! The service was good and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Happy HostingPeterDined on 8/21/2014We had a visiting couple from Detroit whom we were eager to show the vibrant restaurant scene in our neighborhood. The dinner was very successful. The server was attentive and professional. The food was attractive and delicious. The only caveat was that their sedge salad was overdressed. Our duck breast was cooked to perfection, and our mussels/clams dish had a scrumptious sauce. All in all it was a very successful visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The waiter did a great job making sure we had a great experience on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Delicious!!disappointingDined on 8/1/2014I was really impressed with Entree BYOB. I was with a group of 7 people, 2 bottles of wine, and a bottle of champagne. They had our table ready upon our entrance and we were seated immediately. They quickly brought wine glasses and chilled the champagne. The waiter was attentive, entertaining, and helpful to all of our requests. I ordered the seared tuna with clams, mussels, and eggplant rossoto in a red sauce...so yummy. While I thought the tuna was not the best suited fish to accompany the dish, it was still phenomenal (a white fish would be better in my opinion). People had the option of price fix or individual dishes...their menu and options were very accommodating to the diversity of palates and preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !!!EttorestyleVIPDined on 7/29/2014There was nothing that we did not like my complements to the chief !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.