1608 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19146-1542Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.entreebyob.com/
- Phone: (215) 790-0330
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Addis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome
A word from Entree BYOB
Entrée is a BYOB located at 1608 South Street in Philadelphia. At Entrée we offer seasonal American fare crafted from high quality, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu is creative, balanced & simple, never pretentious! We specialize in traditional and modern dishes that project the true integrity of the food we create. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or spirit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Entree BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (65)romantic (24)good for groups (23)special occasion (23)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014The food was wonderful. I have a lot of food allergies and had no problem eating at Entree. The staff was great. We were a party of 8 and the party before us arrived late and the staff sent me text messages to let me know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Its a nice little place with a quaint atmosphere. Fancy enough for a special occassion yet casual enough for a normal evening. The food was good, a little pricey though (3 scallops for $29). One thing that really left a lasting impression (unfortunately not a good one) was that shortly after finishing dinner and paying the check, we were finishing our glasses of wine when our waiter informed us that there was a larger party outside waiting for our table, if we could finish up so he could reset the table. We both still had full glasses, so we felt rushed out of the restaurant, and its not like we had been sitting at the table for hours. Understandable that it is a small restaurant and the table was needed, but given the fact that we probably would have been leaving in 5 or so minutes anyways, I don't think this was appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe NirvanabobojamVIPDined on 11/22/2014We had a delicious meal. Get the 3 course prix fixe. Only drawback is that the retaurant has a high noise level; otherwise, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Entree has a very impressive menu. Mussels were some of the best I ever had. Scallops were seared perfectly. Service was friendly and attentive. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!xtinathepwDined on 11/15/2014There is little else to say... Loved everything! The food, the atmosphere, the ambiance. All was outstanding! Would definitely recommend and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieHDined on 11/15/2014I came to this restaurant with my boyfriend for our 5 year anniversary dinner. It was the perfect location for an intimiate dinner and we very much enjoyed the price fixed menu. I would recommend as a date location, not necessarily great for larger groups given the small interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatTiLucDined on 11/14/2014Entrees were excellent, appetizers so-so. Service was very pleasant and the south street scene is nice. This place is very loud--we had to shout at each other to be heard even though we were at a table for two.Special Features:
- AndiDined on 11/12/2014The food was delicious. The server was attentive and friendly. Even the chef/owner came out of the kitchen to ask us how our dining experience was. A nice little find. I look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small place with Big taste!BlackMagic37Dined on 10/26/2014Walked in to a very small, empty place on a Sunday evening to celebrate my girl friend bday and we walked out wowed by the food! Entree BYOB food was excellent, seasoned to perfection and not to pricey! Great little place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TammyDined on 10/26/2014excellent food, byob, prices very fair for the amount of food we had. The tuna was excellent as was the steak. Unusual appetizers and a good selection. Wait staff was very attentive. When we were there it was early so fairly empty. I can imagine it will get louder as the evening goes on but well worth it regardless. This was my 4th visit and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYO!LB624Dined on 10/25/2014A girlfriend and I loved our meal at Entree! Our table was ready upon our arrival, and the waitress was nice and helpful. Everything was delicious, especially the salmon and brick chicken. The cozy atmosphere would be equally perfect for date night or dinner with friends!Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere; solid foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Food was definitely good though not overwhelmingly amazing. Ambience is fun - small space, festive atmosphere. Everyone around us seemed to be having a nice time with their wine and beer brought from home! Lots of small groups. Really enjoyed dinner here!Special Features:
- Group of 6 - we all loved it!HappydinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014We each got a different entree, and 2 people ordered from the pric fixe. Food was all very nicely presented, generously portioned and delicious. Server was pleasant, attentive, and fast on her feet. The only drawbacks were dessert choices which were all overly sweetened, and not one chocolate item featured. That, and it's quite loud and the decor is just, um, kind of ugly. Still, food is king and we all said we'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We were a party of 6 and all were happy with their choices. The date appetizers were particularly interesting and good. The risotto was a bit spicy and the duck (which was delicious) had quite a bit of pepper in the sauce. So if you are sensitive to spice , talk to the waiter . The staff is very amenable to customizing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyFindingTimeDined on 9/28/2014I had a wonderful time at Entree. We organized a business dinner for a visiting colleague there and were not disappointed. It is a small space and we went on a Sunday so it was relatively quiet but the ambiance was just right. It is BYOB and they feature two separate prefix menus ($50 and $40) or your choice of a la carte entrees, etc. The food was delicious. I had the prosciutto wrapped figs, lobster surf and turf, and butterscotch creme brulee. My steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked. And the deserts were across the board divine (butterscotch creme brulee, fried oreos, and nutella canollis). I would definitely go back, maybe for a date :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fabulousCandaceDined on 9/27/2014The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We were delighted. We will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem! Excellent Food and Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014We chose Entree as the post-concert dining spot after as part of our classical music meetup night activities. As a group of 10 diners, they were prepared for our arrival. We were seated promptly and greeted by one of the friendliest, accommodating and pleasant wait staff ever. The menu doesn't overwhelm in terms of too many selections which I really liked. The prosciutto wrapped stuffed figs were a delicious appetizer. From mussels to salmon to salad to steak, everyone enjoyed their meal. Best of all, our wait person broken down the one check for us so each person was able to pay individually which is very helpful with a meetup post-concert meal. It's BYOB as well!Special Features:
- Not worth 4.5 Yelp starsNdkickerDined on 9/25/2014It's BYOB so I understand that it can be loud but if your not guzzling wine, it's impossible to have a conversation. Food was extremely bland and underseasoned. Calamari was overcooked and eggplant risotto was one note. For the price, can not recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014When thinking of a spot to bring my son's in-laws who are former restaurant owners, Entree was top on my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!LodesVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a great meal here early on a Saturday night before seeing a show. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was very good. We visited during restaurant week so they did not have their regular menu available but the prix fixe, 3 course meal for $35.00 was excellent. I need to return to try the scallops though. Best part is the BYOB which makes this a very affordable way to enjoy a great meal.Special Features:
- Great Surprise!mtncDined on 9/19/2014Went for Restaurant Week and it was a pleasant surprise. The food was delicious, the servers were great and the ten of us had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYONicoleCDined on 9/19/2014I visited this restaurant for the first time during restaurant week. The food was delicious, and I was seated right away when I arrived. The service was attentive, and despite it being a small place, it did feel cozy. I would return to try other items on their menu since the menu for restaurant week is set. It also is a nice byo with no corking fee. I did not sit outside, but there is outside dining. I noticed that the servers were attentive to customers sitting outside. Overall, I enjoyed my dining experience, and thought the food was very good.Special Features:
- pamkVIPDined on 9/19/2014Innovative menu beautifully prepared. The staff were friendly and service was attentive, engaged and helpful despite a very busy night. Potatoe croquettes were so good - like the best exotic comfort food. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall GoodRestaurantWeekDined on 9/18/2014We went in a group of 4 for restaurant week. I really enjoyed the the bacon wrapped dates, seared tuna and fried oreos. My husband had the steak and he wasn't thrilled but he's very particular about his steaks. I say go to a steak house for a steak. It was really cool that they are a BYOB but you can also bring liquors to be added to one of the virgin drinks. Which was awesome because one of the girls in our group was pregnant. I can't recall what she had but she really enjoyed it. I'd definitely go back but there's other places I want to try first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood diningKTRNDined on 9/17/2014My boyfriend and I went for restaurant week. They do the basics well. We enjoyed the calamari appetizer, prime rib, tuna steak. However, we were underwhelmed by the entire experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The menu was nice and the food was good with adequate portions. The place is small and all hard surfaces, so once it filled up it was hard to hear across the table without raising my voice. It is a byo which kept the bill reasonable. The service was good at first but once some larger parties came in it was less attentive. We felt a bit rushed at the end as no coffee was offered with the desert.Special Features:
- TOO LOUDJoAnnDined on 9/16/2014Unfortunately, because the noise level was so loud we will not be returning to his resturant. The food was great, the service excellent but the NOISE just made everything un-enjoyable. Too bad because under different conditions this would have be a definate return destination.Special Features:
- Great food!!!!!!PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food at Entree is always delicious! I actually went on Sunday and Tuesday! The angus steak and calamari a great choice! The seared tuna with the wedge salad also a great choice! I love the fried Oreos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!niknik519Dined on 9/15/2014The servers were very attentive and everyone in my party loved their meals! The portion sizes were perfect. The atmosphere is really romantic and cozy. I was happy it was a BYOB as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a yummy mealCeceDined on 9/15/2014I was here with girlfriends for Restaurant Week, this was our first time. The selections all sounded great, we were all happy with our food. The only thing that was not 100% was my prosciutto wrapped figs, they seemed a little extra well done....okay burnt. The fact that no one from chef to waitress noticed this was a little concerning, but I didn't complain. I still ate them. Other than that, salmon, steak, and fried Oreos-- all yum! I'd try this place again. Liked that it's byob too :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceLaurenfoodieDined on 9/14/2014We had a party of 6 come to Entree BYOB for dinner during restaurant week. We were lucky enough to sit at the table in the front by the open window so we had a view of South Street and a nice breeze during dinner. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the special restaurant week menu. I was expecting smaller portions since it was restaurant week, but the entire group was pleasantly surprised at the size of each dish. I ordered the wedge salad to start - loved the candied walnuts and dressing. I ordered the salmon for my main course which was delicious. And to finish, I ordered the fried oreos which were unreal. Great atmosphere, food, and service which provided a positive overall experience. Will be returning and will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazinghmm87Dined on 9/12/2014We went to Entrée for restaurant week. Loved that it was byob. The food was impossibly good. The service was amazing. The atmosphere was perfect. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Lacking in Other AreasAstutediner21Dined on 9/12/2014Ultimately, I judge restaurants based on food and the food here was very good. I was not disappointed with any of the dishes I tried. I will say that the food could be considered a step below the top restaurants in Philadelphia, but is still really solid. My main complaint is that I made a reservation for 8:30 and was not seated until 8:50. This is an extreme delay for a reservation and once we were seated, we were put at a tiny table that was on a slanted sidewalk. Additionally, the waiter never asked us how our food was and my water was only refilled once.
- Quaint and cute BYOBYummyDined on 9/12/2014The food was really delicious. A group of us (8) girls had a ball. One if the better BYOB's. I'd def come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSuburbanDwellerDined on 9/12/2014My Girlfriend and I wanted to enjoy Restaurant Weeks at a BYOB and we were not disappointed. We selected different appetizers, entrees and desserts and enjoyed every flavorful bite. We're both foodies and appreciate locally sourced ingredients and creative preparation. The service was very good. The noise level was very high, so we had to get close to talk. The great food trumped the noise. The fried Oreo was awesome. Easy parking at the kiosk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and QuaintVanntasticVIPDined on 9/12/2014My sister and I just dined here for restaurant week. The menu offered many options per course. We started with the calamari and prosciutto wrapped dates which were both great. My NY strip was cooked perfectly and very flavorful. My sister enjoyed her seared tuna steak. To end, we had the fried oreos which truly lived up to their reputation!! Our server Rob was friendly, laid back but still attentive. The tables are tight so be prepared to apologize to other patrons to get back to the bathroom.Special Features:
- Entree - A Great Little GemSaph3Dined on 9/11/2014We went to Entree BYOB for restaurant week this past Thursday. I regret that we had not checked them out prior to that point. The restaurant is a thin establishment that can probably seat up to 30 or so, the area is very well laid out and the ambience was great. Once the food started arriving, our opinion only increased. Everything we had was excellently crafted and presented. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- 4 Lady Foodies4LadyFoodiesDined on 9/11/2014One of our best Restaurant Week experiences ever. All our dishes were yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week jauntdiningwmybottleDined on 9/10/2014I enjoy byobs a lot, so we picked this restaurant week participant. Other than a quick fix mix up on an appetizer, the whole experience was very good. We would return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014We had an excellent meal at Entree . We had this restaurant on our list and Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity to dine there. The menu offered lots of choices - all good. We will definitely return to Entree in the near future.Special Features: