1608 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19146-1542Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.entreebyob.com/
- Phone: 2157900330x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Addis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome
A word from Entree BYOB
Entrée is a BYOB located at 1608 South Street in Philadelphia. At Entrée we offer seasonal American fare crafted from high quality, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu is creative, balanced & simple, never pretentious! We specialize in traditional and modern dishes that project the true integrity of the food we create. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or spirit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Entree BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (18)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (14)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very enjoyable!LodesVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a great meal here early on a Saturday night before seeing a show. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was very good. We visited during restaurant week so they did not have their regular menu available but the prix fixe, 3 course meal for $35.00 was excellent. I need to return to try the scallops though. Best part is the BYOB which makes this a very affordable way to enjoy a great meal.Special Features:
- Great Surprise!mtncDined on 9/19/2014Went for Restaurant Week and it was a pleasant surprise. The food was delicious, the servers were great and the ten of us had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYONicoleCDined on 9/19/2014I visited this restaurant for the first time during restaurant week. The food was delicious, and I was seated right away when I arrived. The service was attentive, and despite it being a small place, it did feel cozy. I would return to try other items on their menu since the menu for restaurant week is set. It also is a nice byo with no corking fee. I did not sit outside, but there is outside dining. I noticed that the servers were attentive to customers sitting outside. Overall, I enjoyed my dining experience, and thought the food was very good.Special Features:
- pamkVIPDined on 9/19/2014Innovative menu beautifully prepared. The staff were friendly and service was attentive, engaged and helpful despite a very busy night. Potatoe croquettes were so good - like the best exotic comfort food. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The menu was nice and the food was good with adequate portions. The place is small and all hard surfaces, so once it filled up it was hard to hear across the table without raising my voice. It is a byo which kept the bill reasonable. The service was good at first but once some larger parties came in it was less attentive. We felt a bit rushed at the end as no coffee was offered with the desert.Special Features:
- TOO LOUDJoAnnDined on 9/16/2014Unfortunately, because the noise level was so loud we will not be returning to his resturant. The food was great, the service excellent but the NOISE just made everything un-enjoyable. Too bad because under different conditions this would have be a definate return destination.Special Features:
- Great food!!!!!!PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food at Entree is always delicious! I actually went on Sunday and Tuesday! The angus steak and calamari a great choice! The seared tuna with the wedge salad also a great choice! I love the fried Oreos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!niknik519Dined on 9/15/2014The servers were very attentive and everyone in my party loved their meals! The portion sizes were perfect. The atmosphere is really romantic and cozy. I was happy it was a BYOB as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a yummy mealCeceDined on 9/15/2014I was here with girlfriends for Restaurant Week, this was our first time. The selections all sounded great, we were all happy with our food. The only thing that was not 100% was my prosciutto wrapped figs, they seemed a little extra well done....okay burnt. The fact that no one from chef to waitress noticed this was a little concerning, but I didn't complain. I still ate them. Other than that, salmon, steak, and fried Oreos-- all yum! I'd try this place again. Liked that it's byob too :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceLaurenfoodieDined on 9/14/2014We had a party of 6 come to Entree BYOB for dinner during restaurant week. We were lucky enough to sit at the table in the front by the open window so we had a view of South Street and a nice breeze during dinner. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the special restaurant week menu. I was expecting smaller portions since it was restaurant week, but the entire group was pleasantly surprised at the size of each dish. I ordered the wedge salad to start - loved the candied walnuts and dressing. I ordered the salmon for my main course which was delicious. And to finish, I ordered the fried oreos which were unreal. Great atmosphere, food, and service which provided a positive overall experience. Will be returning and will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazinghmm87Dined on 9/12/2014We went to Entrée for restaurant week. Loved that it was byob. The food was impossibly good. The service was amazing. The atmosphere was perfect. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Lacking in Other AreasAstutediner21Dined on 9/12/2014Ultimately, I judge restaurants based on food and the food here was very good. I was not disappointed with any of the dishes I tried. I will say that the food could be considered a step below the top restaurants in Philadelphia, but is still really solid. My main complaint is that I made a reservation for 8:30 and was not seated until 8:50. This is an extreme delay for a reservation and once we were seated, we were put at a tiny table that was on a slanted sidewalk. Additionally, the waiter never asked us how our food was and my water was only refilled once.
- Quaint and cute BYOBYummyDined on 9/12/2014The food was really delicious. A group of us (8) girls had a ball. One if the better BYOB's. I'd def come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSuburbanDwellerDined on 9/12/2014My Girlfriend and I wanted to enjoy Restaurant Weeks at a BYOB and we were not disappointed. We selected different appetizers, entrees and desserts and enjoyed every flavorful bite. We're both foodies and appreciate locally sourced ingredients and creative preparation. The service was very good. The noise level was very high, so we had to get close to talk. The great food trumped the noise. The fried Oreo was awesome. Easy parking at the kiosk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and QuaintVanntasticVIPDined on 9/12/2014My sister and I just dined here for restaurant week. The menu offered many options per course. We started with the calamari and prosciutto wrapped dates which were both great. My NY strip was cooked perfectly and very flavorful. My sister enjoyed her seared tuna steak. To end, we had the fried oreos which truly lived up to their reputation!! Our server Rob was friendly, laid back but still attentive. The tables are tight so be prepared to apologize to other patrons to get back to the bathroom.Special Features:
- Entree - A Great Little GemSaph3Dined on 9/11/2014We went to Entree BYOB for restaurant week this past Thursday. I regret that we had not checked them out prior to that point. The restaurant is a thin establishment that can probably seat up to 30 or so, the area is very well laid out and the ambience was great. Once the food started arriving, our opinion only increased. Everything we had was excellently crafted and presented. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- 4 Lady Foodies4LadyFoodiesDined on 9/11/2014One of our best Restaurant Week experiences ever. All our dishes were yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week jauntdiningwmybottleDined on 9/10/2014I enjoy byobs a lot, so we picked this restaurant week participant. Other than a quick fix mix up on an appetizer, the whole experience was very good. We would return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014We had an excellent meal at Entree . We had this restaurant on our list and Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity to dine there. The menu offered lots of choices - all good. We will definitely return to Entree in the near future.Special Features:
- Great place, check it out!TeresaDined on 9/8/2014Just went to Entree BYOB during restaurant week with my girlfriends and all 5 of us absolutely loved it! It's a BYOB which is all the more reason to check it out. The food was wonderful, I particularly enjoyed the salmon and fried Oreos for dessert...mmmm. We were seated in the front of the restaurant which was opened floor to ceiling to the street...such a cool atmosphere and located on a great street with lots of parking-we parked for free at a meter after 8:00. The service was wonderful and the chef came out afterwards and chatted with us--he was so nice! Entree is a great pick for any occasion; a quaint gem in this awesome city. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - poorly runOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had 9PM reservations for a party of 6 but weren't seated until well after 9:30 after we checked in a few different times. The restaurant was very hot and they were low on ice so the water was warm. Our waitress was nice and the food was good but clearly, they didn't have their act together and couldn't handle the volume/large groups that they were taking reservations for.Special Features:
- Average at bestRickRVIPDined on 9/5/2014Nothing remarkable from the service to the ambience to the food (which was good) - nothing remarkable.
- Good Local RestaurantDJK1VIPDined on 9/5/2014It's a good restaurant. Go there if you are in the neighborhood. Missing the x-factor to make it destination dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic & deliciousherbengVIPDined on 8/31/2014Entrée (a BYOB) features very imaginative, frequently eclectic dishes that make you want to try them all.Special Features:
- an absolute findeateateateateatDined on 8/29/2014this spot has some of the best food in all of grad hospital, period. couple that with a chef who can accommodate allergies (see: gluten free fried calamari that is reason enough to come diner) and a truly affordable prix fixe menu with more food than most can handle, and entree should be on your regular rotation. particularly, the steak here is unequivocally better than several of the higher priced steak houses in the city, for half the price. bring your favorite bottle of red wine and enjoy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Food and service both exceded any expectations I may have had. Best calamari I ever had. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!SugaDined on 8/23/2014We had a fantastic dinner! The service was good and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Happy HostingPeterDined on 8/21/2014We had a visiting couple from Detroit whom we were eager to show the vibrant restaurant scene in our neighborhood. The dinner was very successful. The server was attentive and professional. The food was attractive and delicious. The only caveat was that their sedge salad was overdressed. Our duck breast was cooked to perfection, and our mussels/clams dish had a scrumptious sauce. All in all it was a very successful visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The waiter did a great job making sure we had a great experience on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Delicious!!disappointingDined on 8/1/2014I was really impressed with Entree BYOB. I was with a group of 7 people, 2 bottles of wine, and a bottle of champagne. They had our table ready upon our entrance and we were seated immediately. They quickly brought wine glasses and chilled the champagne. The waiter was attentive, entertaining, and helpful to all of our requests. I ordered the seared tuna with clams, mussels, and eggplant rossoto in a red sauce...so yummy. While I thought the tuna was not the best suited fish to accompany the dish, it was still phenomenal (a white fish would be better in my opinion). People had the option of price fix or individual dishes...their menu and options were very accommodating to the diversity of palates and preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !!!EttorestyleVIPDined on 7/29/2014There was nothing that we did not like my complements to the chief !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's...GoodDJK1VIPDined on 7/18/2014This is a good neighborhood restaurant. Very good location. Very good service. Very good menu concept and structure (2 different prix fixe options plus regular menu with enough variety). However, the food is shy of great in comparison to other local restaurants with a similar vibe and target clientele. The fried Oreo dessert however is a deliciously odd guilty pleasure that I'm sure was prepared way better than what you'd find at a carnival. Overall a very good experience worth trying again to monitor and compare over time (both the restaurant and the fried Oreos).
- Delicious dinnerDolceDined on 7/13/2014We stopped in on a Sunday in July. Our waitress was great and attentive (there was also a 20 person birthday celebration). I asked for her reccomendation and she was on point. I had the scallop dish with corn hash and a raspberry coulis. My tastebuds were singing! My companion had the strip steak and it was also prepared well. I indulged in the fried oreos even though I was more than full from my entree. We did the Prix Fixe which was a pretty good deal ($40 or $50). The appetizer figs were a lovely choice for a starter. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Outstanding in all areasmbf6288VIPDined on 7/12/2014Went for dinner Saturday night. We had high expectations as has heard quite a bit of positive. Entrée lives up to all expectations and then some. We chose a prix fixe and had totally different selections and each one was incredible. Sat on the sidewalk, they have three tables. Service was fantastic, a relative of the owner. Met the owner / chef as we were leaving. He is so talented. Cant wait to go back. Only note - inside did seem loud but there was a large group - bachelorette party. I hope everyone supports this wonderful restaurant on South Street west.Special Features:
- Great food, but...,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Great food, but wait staff could be more attentive and the music selection the night we dined would appeal to a very small portion diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerPhillyGirlVIPDined on 7/11/2014Dinner was delicious. Service was perfect. This was our second visit. I don't usually order pasta but I couldn't resist the porcini ravioli, so delicious. Second time I ordered the wedge salad appetizer. I made my husband order his own because it's so good I wouldn't share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food! lots of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2014Warm welcome and good food. comfortable atmosphere! We were a large table and they treated us very well. Try it!!!! you will like it!!!!!Special Features:
- Loved our meal at EntreeBrooklynJoVIPDined on 7/5/2014The exterior and menu say bistro fare, but the chef's skill and creativity raise the food to a whole other level. From the home-baked bread we dipped in oil infused with something sweetly subtle, we moved on to the best fried calamari I have ever had, then to seared duck breast on asparagus, in a light sauce with dried cherries and mushrooms, not a combo you expect but it worked beautifully, and Divers sea scallops--who gives 5 huge scallops anymore? -- perfectly cooked, soft as butter, on a bed of corn and sweet red peppers. Then dessert pulled out all the stops. Deep fried oreos with vanilla ice cream and toffee sauce had me wanting to lick the plate. Limoncello cake was light and tart. This was a $40 prix fixe BYOB deal. Incredible.Special Features:
- Great findSuburbanfoodieDined on 6/24/2014Highly recommend for weeknight dinner. Calamari was phenomenal, scallops sweet and done to perfection. The halibut was also great. Dessert limoncello cake was the perfect ending to a perfect dinning experience. Wait staff pleasant and personable, chef came out to speak with customers, all in all, a great last minute find....will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great server, great foodMattopentableDined on 6/21/2014Had the NY strip and my wife had the duck. We loved both dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.