Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Monica
174 Kinney St.
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.enterprisefishco.com/
- Phone: 3103928366
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am-10pm, Friday - Saturday 11:30am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bruce G. Choi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A variety of private party options available: Seated Dinners, Cocktail Parties, Garden Patio Setting, Private Patio Bar, Indoor Semi-Private Room, In-House DJ, and Endless Menu Options
- Private Party Contact: Victoria Guyon 3103928366
- Entertainment: The Best Happy Hour in Santa Monica! MONDAY thru SATURDAY 4pm - 7pm, & SUNDAY 8pm-10pm.
A word from Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Monica
Built in 1917, the historic building now home to our Santa Monica restaurant was once a transfer station for the narrow-gauge Red Car line, Los Angeles' first mass transit system. It was later the repair house for the world-famous Pacific Ocean Park, home to the oldest wooden roller coaster west of the Mississippi. These days, we're still a stone's throw from Venice Beach, heart of where L.A. goes to play -- and eat. Also just a few blocks from the waterfront, our sister restaurant in Santa Barbara operates in a century-old brick building originally home to an industrial linen service for seaside hotels. While the Douglas fir floors, soaring ceilings, and glassed cupola have always been features of this historic structure, the sweeping arches facing State Street were added after much of the building crumbled during the 1925 Santa Barbara earthquake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)special occasion (57)good for groups (56)vibrant bar scene (52)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (49)kid-friendly (39)great for outdoor dining (32)hot spot (22)great for brunch (17)romantic (17)late-night find (13)notable wine list (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- Enterprise isn't a prizeDinenameDined on 8/30/2014Great kids menu, awesome fish tank, yummy dessert. Food is good but not great, service was good.Special Features:
- Very pleasedcrowboltDined on 8/23/2014The table bread was soft with a good crust. She enjoyed her Boston Clam Chowdah; I loved my Lobster Bisque. My Trout Almondine with Lemon Beurre Blanc was good, but her Halibut with Garlic Parmesan crust was fantastic! Despite our excellent waiter's suggestion for the Enterprise Strawberries, we went with the Molten Chocolate Cake. It was good, but the ice cream's texture was a bit off. All around, the food was very good. The service was prompt, attentive, and friendly. I observed good rapport between waiters and their tables. Support staff was excellent--seamlessly helping without needing direction. It was a busy night, and staff brought our food when it was ready, instead of delaying for the waiter. I appreciated that. $82 before tipSpecial Features:
- Delicious MealNickiDined on 8/23/2014Food and service was excellent. Only drawback was a loud group drinking men at the table of next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love that LobsterTheFineDinersVIPDined on 8/21/2014We've been here weekly since we discovered the lobster special. The lobsters are perfectly steamed and of good size.... A great deal. The atmosphere is very comfortable for such a large space. Highly recommend for less than half the price of the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now1LobsterLoverNow1LobsterLoverDined on 8/21/2014It is my second time here. I brought a friend for the lobster special. As before they were impressed with the lobster, price, flavor, Boston Clam Chowder and filet mignon. It was a great nite. The complementary mudd pie for his birthday was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, ok foodMVRuffnecksDined on 8/19/2014Loved the decor, how the bar laid out, high ceilings. Terrific looking restaurant. Food was just ok. Lacked presentation but tasted good. Not much food with each entry so be prepared to order an appetizer. Service was slow and waitress didn't check in as often as she should but was pleasant and friendly. We were there for lunch. I'm sure the place heats up quite a bit at night. I plan on coming back to take friends to the bar area, but not to sit down and eat.Special Features:
- Great dinner!5seasonfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Service was great and good was delicious! I had the swordfish and grilled veggies! Loved it. Service was quick, prompt, and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a consistent meal here!judyjetsonDined on 8/16/2014We dine at this restaurant probably one or two times a month. The fresh fish and seafood are always well prepared along with delicious sides. Te waitstaff is helpful, accommodating and and there to make the dining experience a good one. Straight forward food with a nice flavors. Menu rarely changes but I like it that I can always count on a flavor I've had to be replicated. Interestingly, there are all types of folks who frequent this spot. They have a terrific bar menu at good prices so for those who wish to drink, take in the sports on tTV, a delicious and value driven option.Special Features:
- ThomDined on 8/15/2014We had a great meal. The fish was outstanding. Great environment and service. Great evening.Special Features:
- A Favorite!fredDined on 8/14/2014Excellent restaurant with excellent, fresh fish. It is always difficult choosing because all the fish dishes are well prepared and delicious. Great ambiance, great servers. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Kitchen FAIL!CaptainCuisineDined on 8/14/2014Ordered the Salmon Special, medium rare. It was old, dry, medium well and smelled so strongly I couldn't eat it. My wife's Almandine Filet of Sole, also ordered medium rare, was prepared medium well, the breading was twice as thick as the filet and the filet was so thin you could read a newspaper through it. She took 1 bite & gave up. Our 2 guests ordered chicken breasts which were dry, chewy and seemed old. The fish in the Children's Fish & Chips was thin, dry and overcooked and inedible. We hardly ate anything. This used to be a well run business. The floor manager needs to pay particular attention to customers pivoting their heads looking for staff and to address uneaten food left on a plate, especially when it is left by the whole table
- Very Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014There were six of us. 4 adults and 2 small children. We requested the patio but instead got the front window which turned out to be perfect. Our waitress was amazing. She could almost read the children's minds keeping them engaged. We had a very nice dinner with very little "drama" from the children and since it was a birthday celebration, a piece of ice cream cake was brought out. The 3 year old got most of it. We have been going to this restaurant for many years and the food has only gotten better. It's close to home and that makes it a good spot for entertaining as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelAirVIPDined on 8/13/2014Not sure I would go except for the lobster at $32.95 :)
- I'll be back!mandajillyDined on 8/10/2014I visited Enterprise Fish Co. with colleagues based on a friend's recommendation and we were very happy! The location is great, we didn't have a problem parking, the restaurant is beautiful and interesting, and the food was fabulous! It's on the pricey side but it was worth it. We tried 3 appetizers: lemon peppers, crab cakes, and ceviche. And I had the blackened swordfish for my meal. I would recommend them all!Special Features:
- loved the food and the serviceAVJ9VIPDined on 8/10/2014We've never been disappointed here. And they are one of the last restaurants that will give you a free dessert for your birthday or anniversary! we love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014great fish and steaks. noise level a bit high. pleasant staff!Special Features:
- good serviceseetheworld2113Dined on 8/4/2014We enjoyed the food and the servic. We went on a Monday night and reserved thought Open Table. We arrived 30 minutes prior to our reservation but able to sit down in 5 minutes. It was nice to get a Key Lime pie for the B'day occasion on the houseFood is excellent!Special Features:
- Great seafood selections...DamienDined on 8/2/2014We love this place. My wife loves the trout and I the Cioppino. The service and drinks are fantastic.Special Features:
- Good a Food, Slow ServiceKarenDined on 8/1/2014This was only our second time here; the first time was so great we decided to bring out of town guests back. Yikes! What a difference a waitress makes. Ours the first time was knowledgable, friendly and attentive! This time our waitress was extremely slow, and seemed to be scattered. At least the patio seating was nice.Special Features:
- Too Long.....focalpointDined on 8/1/2014Wife & I finally got to get out and enjoy ourselves with a private dinner (no kids). We've been coming here since 2006, but have not been by for a while since the children. Everything was great except it took 40-45 min for fish and salad and that was after our appetizer came. Other guests around us came in after us and got served before us!?!? To make things worse, we're the last table in the back, so we really felt neglected!Special Features:
- I wanted Salmon.Now1LobsterLoverDined on 7/31/2014My friend is very cheap. Not only did he buy 2 lobster dinners , he said it was the best he ever had. Sweet and tender. Meaty. When the soup and salad are great - the meal pretty much follows. I came for salmon, but my other friend raved about it - so it was 4 lobster dinners all around. I left full , satisfied and very happy. The special M-Th. was an added incentive. My first time - already recommended it . Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobster dinnerPAvisitorsDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed the Enterprise Fish Co very much. We took advantage of their M-Th lobster special and was totally impressed. We had more food than we could eat! The waitstaff was very attentive and our waiter very helpful. We would definitely return on our next trip to the LA area!I would recommend this to a friend.
- klutzieVIPDined on 7/31/2014The lobster is fabulous. My friends from the east coast say that it is equally good if not better than they get in Maine.Special Features:
- first time experiencetikki969Dined on 7/26/2014It was our first time at restaurant and we were celebrating anniversary. The place was loud and alive, the service was quick and friendly, and it was restaurant week and we scored a four course meal with two lb lobster for 49.99 per person. The meal was great even though it was a Saturday during restaurant week and it was busy, but it did not affect the service or meal quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FSH blah,lobster yum!awesomeVIPDined on 7/25/2014My wild king salmon was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bland..it tasted like they thawed it out &let it sit ..it tasted like nothing! No FSH taste no nothing..it tasted like water... Rm other hand my bfs lobster was good Srvc was great apps were alrite,fish suckd....lobster good Overall I'd go again for h.hrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Consistently delicious with excellent service, accommodating every request. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult to Review After One VisitmagiccatDined on 7/25/2014Although I live in L.A., I had never been to this restaurant before. I went with a girlfriend during the Dine L.A. period and had a 2 pound lobster that at my request they grilled (although the deal was a steamed lobster) and was served with tender asparagus. There were 2 appetizers and 2 desserts we shared also, but they paled in comparison to this large-to-me lobster, half of which I took home. I generally prefer a 1.5 lb lobster, but this was great. For $45, the meal was astonishing. Would have been astonishing for double the amount.
- Great group outingGkgirlDined on 7/23/2014We went here for a dinner gathering and had a blast. Great service, fun atmosphere, excellent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceGourmeterVIPDined on 7/22/2014Tuna on brioche too well cooked after I wanted rare. Service became very slow and we got a partially melted mud pie for the birthday treat. Other than that the other food orders were good. We will return because the food is good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster nightMemaDined on 7/21/2014Good lobster, great value, good service. Overall good experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!SMnativeDined on 7/21/2014We really enjoyed the lobster dinner special that runs Monday through Thursday. It came with a two pound lobster and two sides! Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, good foodDebbyADined on 7/19/2014Three of us had a lovely evening at the restaurant, with a friendly attentive server. We'll go back.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014The food was excellent, service was great. Would come back again in a heartbeat to try other menu itemsSpecial Features:
- Great night with my family!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food here is great and the service is decent. The restaurant was quite noisy and the food was pricey. However, the food is high quality. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- good but not greateatsOUToftenDined on 7/19/2014I love this place for the ambience, but the lobster tail ($50) was overcooked, rubbery, the Caesar salad was too small and the dressing was tasteless, the baked potato was small and not yummy.....For that price...all the elements of this three-part meal should have been fab ten-year-old grandaughter did not like the kids' burger, but the six-year-old ate most of his. may look for another fish place in Santa Monica Last time we went at 5ish, we were forced to wait for fifteen minutes while empty tables were visibleSpecial Features:
- Birthday CelebrationGoodTimeCharlieDined on 7/18/2014My husband took me there for my Birthday. The food was fantastic, our waiter was great. The whole evening was fun. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014My brother John and myself enjoyed dining here last Friday so we decided to come again Thursday. Last Friday Alicia was great. Thursday JJ took care of us and we had great time. My brother has a walker and the staff always seems to seat us in the front which is very helpful. We will probably come again on this coming Thursday. See you soon. DonnaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Lobster SpecialKayceeDined on 7/14/2014Came here on a Monday lunch. We ordered 2lbs Live lobster special. My lobster was very small and dry. Rice pilaf was hard and dry, it likes leftover rice. Spicy calamari was tough and a small amount. We found 4 items on our bill that we did not order.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The young lady that helped us was so friendly, attentive, courteous and very helpful. We had a great dinner and will be back soon. My brother, John has a walker and we were seated in the front section which was great for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhatadeallobsterloverDined on 7/10/2014Lobster nights Monday through Thursdays - The best deal in town. And Happy Hour at the bar is also a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.