Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Monica
174 Kinney St.
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.enterprisefishco.com/
- Phone: 3103928366
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am-10pm, Friday - Saturday 11:30am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bruce G. Choi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A variety of private party options available: Seated Dinners, Cocktail Parties, Garden Patio Setting, Private Patio Bar, Indoor Semi-Private Room, In-House DJ, and Endless Menu Options
- Private Party Contact: Victoria Guyon 3103928366
- Entertainment: The Best Happy Hour in Santa Monica! MONDAY thru SATURDAY 4pm - 7pm, & SUNDAY 8pm-10pm.
A word from Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Monica
Built in 1917, the historic building now home to our Santa Monica restaurant was once a transfer station for the narrow-gauge Red Car line, Los Angeles' first mass transit system. It was later the repair house for the world-famous Pacific Ocean Park, home to the oldest wooden roller coaster west of the Mississippi. These days, we're still a stone's throw from Venice Beach, heart of where L.A. goes to play -- and eat. Also just a few blocks from the waterfront, our sister restaurant in Santa Barbara operates in a century-old brick building originally home to an industrial linen service for seaside hotels. While the Douglas fir floors, soaring ceilings, and glassed cupola have always been features of this historic structure, the sweeping arches facing State Street were added after much of the building crumbled during the 1925 Santa Barbara earthquake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)good for groups (61)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (52)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (44)kid-friendly (32)great for outdoor dining (31)hot spot (25)romantic (20)great for brunch (17)late-night find (16)notable wine list (9)Show More
- MediocreMelEMelDined on 10/26/2014The service was good. Kyle was our veteran server and he was training Niche and they were both friendly and attentive. The food however was so so and it took a long time to receive our entrees. I ordered the macadamia nut mahi mahi. It wasn't good and the entire dish was cold. I sent it back and it was returned reheated from the microwave and replated. It was as though the attempt was for me to think it was a new plate of food. #Fail! So I then switched my entree to the sea bass. It was ok but unimpressuve. This was dusappointung as (1) it was my birthday dinner and (2) I'm a pescatarian (a vegetarian who eats fish) so I was really looking forward to this dinner but it was sub par. The star of the meal was the mud pie birthday dessert.
- Fantastic lobster & steak dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Teriyaki steak, lobster tail, baked potatoe w sour cream & chives, Caesar salad, key lime pie and Pinot Grigio, with my hubbie on a Saturday night in Venice, Ca, what more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish was not cooked properlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The best thing here was the wine and lobster bisque. One in our party ordered the surf and turf (lobster tail/filet). Filet was cooked fine, but the lobster was over-done and rubbery. Pretty disappointing since this is (a) a seafood place and (b) they charged $82 for the dish. Sides were disappointing as well. Texture was like cafeteria food. Old and mushy cheesey potatoes. Liquor was good. Service was good. For a first date-night out after baby was born, we were pretty unimpressed.
- 9TH VISITdam2Dined on 10/25/2014This is our 9th visit we enjoyed it each time/ We have imitated friend and family everyone enjoyed. We will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Review.BIGFELLOWDined on 10/24/2014This a lively restaurant with a noise level higher than I would prefer. I was seated promptly. The waiter was efficient and knowledgeable. My drinks were delivered promptly and were good. My food was excellent. Chowder and the 11 oz lobster tail. I enjoyed my meal.Special Features:
- Smell the SeaspritzVIPDined on 10/22/2014great place to dine for seafood. No messing around most fish is charbroiled mesquite style in front of your very eyes. Then again great sashimi and Charred Ahi. Anyways, all time favorite if you are really wanting to eat seafood. Amazing pre-meal warm bread. Stay away from the cole slaw only downfall but get the salad, soup, or steamed vegetables instead. Also go for the steak fries not to be dismissed easily or yam fries. Great desserts huge family style.Special Features:
- Not impressedSamanthaDined on 10/22/2014Have eaten here before and find its offering to be okay but I think they're overrated. The Mesquite Prawns are not prawns. According to size I would say they are more like extra-large shrimp but certainly not Prawns. For me I found that they were overcooked, somewhat dry and not that tasty. In addition we both ordered margaritas, and I was sorely disappointed. I don't know what they did with the tequila, but I don't think there was any in that glass. On the other hand, service was fine, noise level a little much for me, parking is convenient even at a dollar per hour.
- Celebrating 12 years aniversaryWillieDined on 10/18/2014The food delicious as always, the services, however, very poor. This girl approached us like she never serve people, far away from the table, did not care if we have been there before, nor if we have questions about the choices. She brought in to the table the warm bread after we finished with the soup. That was very especial! Then she did not show to the table, once she delivered the main course. That was very romantic. LOL. Overall, we love this place. We have been going there for many years, this is not a halt for us no to come in anymore. We will back, and will review the services.Special Features:
- Second Time -- a bit disappointedsouthpaw1022Dined on 10/17/2014I took my wife there for the second time in two weeks. I loved the Cioppino (sp) on my first visit. We ordered steak, lobster, prawns on our second visit -- steak was a bit tough -- lobster was a bit tough/dry, my wife said her mashed potatoes were dry -- I did like the prawns. There are lots of restaurants -- it was not a bad experience -- just not the quality of experience for the price. I will try some other places in Santa Monica before I go back (unless Cioppino is all I am looking for). The service was excellent both times though -- great waiter and waitressI would recommend this to a friend.
- BabeVIPDined on 10/15/2014Really good seafood. We've been there many times and will keep coming back. The best seafood in the Los Angeles area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambianceCecileDined on 10/15/2014It's our first time to dine here for my birthday and we had a wonderful time! We were there on a Wed night so the ambiance could be different on a weekend. For seafood lovers, this a great restaurant. Lots of choices/varieties at reasonable prices. The food is tasty and service is great. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:JFK1Dined on 10/15/2014Food was perfectly prepared, excellent presentation and service was remarkable. Waitress was pleasant, attentive and very polite. Reservation on Open Table was honored and on time. Hostess seated us promptly and courteously. Will definitely return..Enjoyed our evening!!Special Features:
- Meh+agrossVIPDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is lively and fun, but the food is very hit and miss. The oysters were surprisingly fresh, but the shrimp was rubbery and tasteless. The clam chowder was good, but then again so is the clam chowder from Trader Joe's. My white sea bass was lifeless. Maybe because it was dead, but still... My kids loved it and the $4.99 children's menu was reasonable. Our server was energetic and helpful, but the food just isn't good enough to merit a return visit.Special Features:
- Oysters were great, the rest... mehcoffeefoodwineDined on 10/4/2014The building itself is pretty cool looking and we'd driven past so many times that finally we decided it was time to go in. Started off with some oysters (two different kinds, one salty, one sweet, both delicious) and then soup (clam chowder, two different kinds), again delicious. We were loving it all aside from how noisy it gets until we got our main courses. I had the Parmesan Crusted Halibut which was okay and my boyfriend got the sirloin and lobster tail ($72). Their was no flavor on the lobster aside from the grill and it seemed to be overcooked. The sirloin was a good piece of beef but combined with the steamed veggies that hadn't been cooked all the way, it really was lacking overall. Definitely not worth the $72 price tag.
- Bring back the lobster specialAnonVIPDined on 9/30/2014Although we have been coming for years for the lobster special about two hours before my large dinner party I received a text saying lobster special won't be around indefinitely. Whatever that was supposed to me is unclear but bottom line is they no longer serve the special as of a few weeks ago. The lobster was triple the price. Not cool to advise on a three week old reservation right before. The server was great and felt very bad. It also affected the size of the crowd at the restaurant. They should raise the price but to eliminate it totally is going to affect their business and repeat customer line. Will think twice before booking again there.
- Things have changedmikeyVIPDined on 9/22/2014We have been going to EFC for several years but this was the first visit in several weeks. What changed? First, though our reservation was the middle of dinner time, thee was almost no one there, not even at the bar which is usually pretty lively. Undoubtedly there are several factors in play, but I think much of the problem is explained by the mid-week lobster special (a crowd favorite), which had gone from $29 to $33 a while back but somehow jumped to $57 last week. The food, our server, and the staff were generally very good, but you could sense the lack of spirit, and they had a hard time staying on top of their game. I would still highly recommend EFC, but it will be much better when they get their act (back) together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fish restaurantDavidDined on 9/16/2014We've enjoyed consistently high-quality fish and our favorite mud pie dessert here for many years. It's always a treat to sit at one of the booths and enjoy the ambiance of the old warehouse-look ceiling. Thank you, Enterprise!Special Features:
- Enjoy it all!NixPixDined on 9/12/2014The eneving was a mix of conversation good food and drinks. the crabcakes were done to perfection and the White Bass was incredible. The service was spot on; there when you needed something but not hovering. A great place for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusBoyMDRDINERDined on 9/5/2014Good food, un-attentive waitress, busboy deserved the tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shopperVIPDined on 9/4/2014Have been here many times and it never disappoints Our lobster dinners were excellent and delicious. Great value with two side orders. Our server was extremely attentive and very friendly. Would recommend this restaurant in a minute. And will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's birthdayZeeManVIPDined on 8/31/2014As always great fish and seafood - my mom loves it. Accommodated us at a table in the back room that is quieter.Special Features:
- Enterprise isn't a prizeDinenameDined on 8/30/2014Great kids menu, awesome fish tank, yummy dessert. Food is good but not great, service was good.Special Features:
- Very pleasedcrowboltDined on 8/23/2014The table bread was soft with a good crust. She enjoyed her Boston Clam Chowdah; I loved my Lobster Bisque. My Trout Almondine with Lemon Beurre Blanc was good, but her Halibut with Garlic Parmesan crust was fantastic! Despite our excellent waiter's suggestion for the Enterprise Strawberries, we went with the Molten Chocolate Cake. It was good, but the ice cream's texture was a bit off. All around, the food was very good. The service was prompt, attentive, and friendly. I observed good rapport between waiters and their tables. Support staff was excellent--seamlessly helping without needing direction. It was a busy night, and staff brought our food when it was ready, instead of delaying for the waiter. I appreciated that. $82 before tipSpecial Features:
- Delicious MealNickiDined on 8/23/2014Food and service was excellent. Only drawback was a loud group drinking men at the table of next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love that LobsterTheFineDinersVIPDined on 8/21/2014We've been here weekly since we discovered the lobster special. The lobsters are perfectly steamed and of good size.... A great deal. The atmosphere is very comfortable for such a large space. Highly recommend for less than half the price of the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now1LobsterLoverNow1LobsterLoverDined on 8/21/2014It is my second time here. I brought a friend for the lobster special. As before they were impressed with the lobster, price, flavor, Boston Clam Chowder and filet mignon. It was a great nite. The complementary mudd pie for his birthday was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, ok foodMVRuffnecksDined on 8/19/2014Loved the decor, how the bar laid out, high ceilings. Terrific looking restaurant. Food was just ok. Lacked presentation but tasted good. Not much food with each entry so be prepared to order an appetizer. Service was slow and waitress didn't check in as often as she should but was pleasant and friendly. We were there for lunch. I'm sure the place heats up quite a bit at night. I plan on coming back to take friends to the bar area, but not to sit down and eat.Special Features:
- Great dinner!5seasonfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Service was great and good was delicious! I had the swordfish and grilled veggies! Loved it. Service was quick, prompt, and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a consistent meal here!judyjetsonDined on 8/16/2014We dine at this restaurant probably one or two times a month. The fresh fish and seafood are always well prepared along with delicious sides. Te waitstaff is helpful, accommodating and and there to make the dining experience a good one. Straight forward food with a nice flavors. Menu rarely changes but I like it that I can always count on a flavor I've had to be replicated. Interestingly, there are all types of folks who frequent this spot. They have a terrific bar menu at good prices so for those who wish to drink, take in the sports on tTV, a delicious and value driven option.Special Features:
- ThomDined on 8/15/2014We had a great meal. The fish was outstanding. Great environment and service. Great evening.Special Features:
- A Favorite!fredVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent restaurant with excellent, fresh fish. It is always difficult choosing because all the fish dishes are well prepared and delicious. Great ambiance, great servers. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Kitchen FAIL!CaptainCuisineVIPDined on 8/14/2014Ordered the Salmon Special, medium rare. It was old, dry, medium well and smelled so strongly I couldn't eat it. My wife's Almandine Filet of Sole, also ordered medium rare, was prepared medium well, the breading was twice as thick as the filet and the filet was so thin you could read a newspaper through it. She took 1 bite & gave up. Our 2 guests ordered chicken breasts which were dry, chewy and seemed old. The fish in the Children's Fish & Chips was thin, dry and overcooked and inedible. We hardly ate anything. This used to be a well run business. The floor manager needs to pay particular attention to customers pivoting their heads looking for staff and to address uneaten food left on a plate, especially when it is left by the whole table
- Very Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014There were six of us. 4 adults and 2 small children. We requested the patio but instead got the front window which turned out to be perfect. Our waitress was amazing. She could almost read the children's minds keeping them engaged. We had a very nice dinner with very little "drama" from the children and since it was a birthday celebration, a piece of ice cream cake was brought out. The 3 year old got most of it. We have been going to this restaurant for many years and the food has only gotten better. It's close to home and that makes it a good spot for entertaining as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelAirVIPDined on 8/13/2014Not sure I would go except for the lobster at $32.95 :)
- I'll be back!mandajillyDined on 8/10/2014I visited Enterprise Fish Co. with colleagues based on a friend's recommendation and we were very happy! The location is great, we didn't have a problem parking, the restaurant is beautiful and interesting, and the food was fabulous! It's on the pricey side but it was worth it. We tried 3 appetizers: lemon peppers, crab cakes, and ceviche. And I had the blackened swordfish for my meal. I would recommend them all!Special Features:
- loved the food and the serviceAVJ9VIPDined on 8/10/2014We've never been disappointed here. And they are one of the last restaurants that will give you a free dessert for your birthday or anniversary! we love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014great fish and steaks. noise level a bit high. pleasant staff!Special Features:
- Great for fish for sure!EclecticTasteDined on 8/6/2014Excellent fish menu and lots of ways to prepare it. If you like fish, this is the place to go!Special Features:
- good serviceseetheworld2113Dined on 8/4/2014We enjoyed the food and the servic. We went on a Monday night and reserved thought Open Table. We arrived 30 minutes prior to our reservation but able to sit down in 5 minutes. It was nice to get a Key Lime pie for the B'day occasion on the houseFood is excellent!Special Features:
- Great seafood selections...DamienDined on 8/2/2014We love this place. My wife loves the trout and I the Cioppino. The service and drinks are fantastic.Special Features: