Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
210 East Trade Street, #A-108
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ensocharlotte.com/
- Phone: (704) 716-3676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4pm; Saturday: Noon - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4pm - midnight
Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 2am; Sunday: 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Haim Aizenberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: ENSO Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar offers a wide selection of menus to suit your catering needs. Please contact our banquet sales representative for current options and pricing.
- Entertainment: Live DJ, in our Sake Lounge: Friday and Saturday beginning at 8:30pm until close.
- Special Events: Enso's Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in our Sake lounge. Specials include $6 select bistro and sushi specials as well as daily drink specials.
- Cross Street: College and Trade
- Public Transit: You can take the Lynx light rail or a Charlotte Area Transit System bus, both of which stop right at the EpiCentre.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar is located in Uptown Charlotte in the EpiCentre, directly across from the Time Warner Cable Arena. Parking is available in the EpiCentre (pricing varies on day of week), with entrances on East Fourth Street and East Trade Street. You can also take the Lynx light rail or a Charlotte Area Transit System bus, both conveniently adjacent to the EpiCentre. Valet is accessible on College Street.
A word from Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
Located in the heart of Charlotte’s Uptown hotspot, the EpiCentre, Enso is a place to dine, drink, and delight. Every detail, from the menu, the lavish and understated interior design, and the hottest electronic beats have been painstakingly selected for a reason – to create a warm, vibrant, and welcoming environment. Part bistro, part lounge, part meeting place, Enso has something for everyone. No matter what your mood or taste, come and experience what everyone is talking about.Continued
From the exotic flavors offered on the menu to its contemporary, elegant design and decor, ENSO is a feast for the senses.
From the exotic flavors offered on the menu to its contemporary, elegant design and decor, ENSO is a feast for the senses.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (23)special occasion (21)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (15)late-night find (10)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Double TakeRaleighGirlVIPDined on 11/15/2014This was our first time dining at Enso. We usually go to a different sushi restaurant when we come to Charlotte so we wanted to try somewhere different. The sushi was amazing! Service was very good and the atmosphere was very pleasing. It was so good we went back the following night!! Again delicious! Will definitely be coming here again next time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScooterDOVIPDined on 11/8/2014Decent sushi, a little expensive. In a great location, easy to get to. Probably would check out other local sushi to compare it to, next timeSpecial Features:
- Great place, good food.JohnDined on 11/8/2014We have been here a few times now. We keep going back because we thought we were just not ordering their best dishes. We received several recommendations but really the only great dish was the salad...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTigerDined on 11/7/2014The food here is great and the environment is wonderful! Definitely recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed at serviceserviceisimportantDined on 10/26/2014The waitress was great, but the manager skipped over my date and I, not once but twice while going around asking customers about their food and their overall experience. In both cases he spoke to individuals at the tables right beside where we were seated. It came off very rude after a what was a wonderful dinner, we actual asked for the check and left after the second time we were skipped. Not sure if we will be going back or recommending to friends.Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectationsSurpriseVIPDined on 10/25/2014One of the best Restaurant experiences I ever had. Everything was a five star event. Will be going there a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Sushi ExperienceIeatWay2MuchDined on 10/17/2014I always choose to come to Enso when I want to enjoy the best quality sushi hands down in Charlotte. Atmosphere is welcoming and upscale decor without the excessive pricing of similar venues. The service is always quick and they are very attentive to your needs as well as the staff being knowledgeable on what offerings they have, which is a good mix of contemporary sushi cuisine to hot plate meals that exceed! Jason was our server and provided top notch service!Special Features:
- Not Pleased with the serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The overall experience was great! I enjoyed the music, decor and food. Our service we as a group was not please. He did not light the candles on the table, did not ask if we wanted anything to drink til almost 20 mins later we had to go find our server. I order a bottle of wine in which he did not but in on ice until we asked hi to. I thought maybe he was new to serving tables because he seemed very amateur. It was a little aggravating dealing with him we had to ask serval times for refills, bottle service, place our orders etc.. It became that we wrapped up at Enso an had drinks elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedBreeVIPDined on 9/30/2014They have bar menu and drink specials on their website but don't accept that at the restaurant. Everything is soooo overpriced. The only good thing about this ace is the location.
- Don't go for the foodBuchananDined on 9/20/2014This is high energy, turning almost club like late night. The food however is really bad. I intend to not return.Special Features:
- If deafening were an option...teresahsVIPDined on 9/20/2014I met a friend for drinks and dinner at Enso. The waitress was very attentive and good. The food was fine. But the music was WAY too loud for 7:00pm. We had to scream to talk. Don't go to Enso if you want to chat with your fellow diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceEnjoyingfoodDined on 9/19/2014Awesome, food was great and would recommend to everyone I know.Special Features:
- Words FailfoodiefutureDined on 9/5/2014The quality of food at Enso is on par with some of the best, most "notable" restaurants I've been to across the country. Elevated for foodies, but approachable enough for the every-day eater, Enso does a marvelous job of preparing delicious cuisine that is more than mainstream. It is unique and flavorful. An absolute favorite.Special Features:
- Great restraunt for fine diningCarsonbishopDined on 8/16/2014Great restraunt for fine dining as well as great sushi, definitely a place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!NeighborVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I frequent Enso because you can always get a table, or at least a place at the bar. The sushi rolls as well as the hibachi are always delicious and filling, which is very important to my husband. Also, the staff are friendly and the bar is always concocting new drinks to try!Special Features:
- Good food, service was okNauticaLKNDined on 8/1/2014Waitress seamed to have an attitude even though it wasn't crowded or overly busy. Sushi was some of the best ever had. Price was on high end but ok since sushi was so good.
- Good sushi but not worth priceGoodEats77Dined on 7/27/2014Nice location and very pretty inside. Sushi was good but not great. I would not go back considering the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I would go back later to choose other menu items. I loved what I had and would like to expand on it.Special Features:
- Nice night outOracleDined on 7/23/2014We had a great time and the food was outstanding. The restaurant was full on a Wednesday night. My only complaint was we wanted a few things while eating and our waitress was hard to find. The food was delicious and the crowd was diverse. A great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 470 reviews are from the Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- Birthday Bonanza!CharlieBZODined on 7/20/2014It was an awesome overall experience. I honestly just wanted to seem fancy and impress some friends from out of town without breaking my bank. This was perfect for that (especially during food week)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Fun place...great atmosphere. We have selected this place many times. Service is usually very good and we enjoy the variety of menu options.Special Features:
- Aaaaaaaamazing food!JitterbugDined on 7/16/2014Everyone at our table ordered something different and it was all delicious!! We especially enjoyed the scallops. The ambiance is great too. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed!!DrBiagioDined on 7/12/2014We love Enso and eat there whenever we head out to the Epicenter. This night we had a group of 6 for dinner and the place was packed out. WE were seated right on time though and everything was excellent! Shrimp and Scallop Fried Rice and Maryland Sushi Roll were to die for! This place is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Would come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014very good. dj music too loud, too early. food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JDubDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and the service was great! Beautifully decoratedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kjh4VIPDined on 6/21/2014Sushi is great. Drinks are watered down. Suggest chefs choice on sushi. Will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Lunch with a clientAshleyDined on 6/16/2014The food at Enso is always good... but you could tell that they were either understaffed or did not care. I think that the manager waited on our table the whole time, his appearance/outfit did not look to be the same as the other server. We made a reservation just because you never know. But, we were the only people in the restaurant. For paying almost $60 for lunch, I would have excepted a little better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushi group dinnerRAHPTDined on 6/11/2014We were in Charlotte for a meeting and used open table. the staff was friendly and accommodating when our meeting ran 45 min late...they had a table and GREAT service. the sushi had a range to accommodate experienced palates. the round table for our group was a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun (noisy) night with friendsFoodie4lifeDined on 6/7/2014Enso had great sushi and fast, friendly service. However, some of the other guests were extremely drunk and loud, which disrupted our dining experience. Still a fun night, but seeing a bachelorette from a neighboring table carried out of the restaurant at 8:30pm was a little unsettling. It was also more expensive than I realized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlotte visitStephenVIPDined on 6/7/2014I was staying at the nearby Omni. This is nearby, and a nice place. I went on a special trip with my son. We both enjoyed the place--service was good, not great. The man who brought our order out dropped off soup without a spoon, and dropped my order off without picking up the obvious empty salad bowl. Our waiter was excellent, though and had good suggestions. Noise level was high due to a table of 15-20 shrieking women (bachelorette group) nearby. Nothing the restauant could have done about that, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBKtravelerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Everything was wonderful; from appetizers, sushi, to traditional entreesSpecial Features:
- Great All Around As Usual!DrBiagioDined on 5/31/2014Enso is my wife and I's favorite sushi restaurant in Charlotte. The service, atmosphere and food are always top notch! Try the tuna nacho and rock shrimp apps, they are the best!!Special Features:
- Sunday FundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2014Decided last minute that we wanted sushi and since it's hard not to enjoy Enso we ended up there on a Sunday night. Much different atmosphere than a typical weekend night but still delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014The Best sushi I have ever had amazing. Entree was awesome as we'llSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been twice....will go again, again.mmellon1Dined on 5/5/2014I first came here for a lunch meeting with some out of town clients. The food is top notch, the service is excellent, and the ambiance leaves nothing to be desired. My second visit was very recently on a dinner date with an old friend, and she absolutely loved it. It was a shame that I had raved about the edamame mashed potatoes and they happened to be out, but I'm sure she'll find her way back in there in the near future. I have recommended and will continue to recommend this establishment for anyone seeking a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAnonymous22Dined on 5/3/2014The choice off rolls where excellent! It is a higher end restaurant so expect to pay a little more. The sushi is absolutely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmilly206Dined on 5/2/2014The service was quick and the atmosphere was romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So for $$$$EatQCDined on 4/18/2014Enso is a really well decorated restaurant. They invested a lot in making it look fun and exclusive, but they don't have a dress code. We felt dumb for getting dressed up for our anniversary when we were seated with people wearing hoodies, ball-caps, and t-shirts. The waitress took our order and treated us well. We were asked to choose soup or salad with our meal, and we both got soup. I got the seafood miso and a typhoon roll and she got the regular miso with the chicken fried rice, but neither of us were impressed by the food. Then they hit us with the bill. We found out we were charged extra for the soups, and with the food already eaten, ultimately we felt like we were cheated. The food is better at Cuisine Malaysia.Special Features:
- Enso reviewswttartDined on 4/13/2014Food was excellent. Reception by employees was not remarkable. Very drySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SarahVIPDined on 4/12/2014Great appetizer options, we tried the Waygu tacos which were awesome! Great roll choices, something for everyone!Special Features: