Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
210 East Trade Street, #A-108
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ensocharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7047163676x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4pm; Saturday: Noon - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4pm - midnight
Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 2am; Sunday: 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Haim Aizenberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: ENSO Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar offers a wide selection of menus to suit your catering needs. Please contact our banquet sales representative for current options and pricing.
- Entertainment: Live DJ, in our Sake Lounge: Friday and Saturday beginning at 8:30pm until close.
- Special Events: Enso's Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in our Sake lounge. Specials include $6 select bistro and sushi specials as well as daily drink specials.
- Cross Street: College and Trade
- Public Transit: You can take the Lynx light rail or a Charlotte Area Transit System bus, both of which stop right at the EpiCentre.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar is located in Uptown Charlotte in the EpiCentre, directly across from the Time Warner Cable Arena. Parking is available in the EpiCentre (pricing varies on day of week), with entrances on East Fourth Street and East Trade Street. You can also take the Lynx light rail or a Charlotte Area Transit System bus, both conveniently adjacent to the EpiCentre. Valet is accessible on College Street.
A word from Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
Located in the heart of Charlotte’s Uptown hotspot, the EpiCentre, Enso is a place to dine, drink, and delight. Every detail, from the menu, the lavish and understated interior design, and the hottest electronic beats have been painstakingly selected for a reason – to create a warm, vibrant, and welcoming environment. Part bistro, part lounge, part meeting place, Enso has something for everyone. No matter what your mood or taste, come and experience what everyone is talking about.Continued
From the exotic flavors offered on the menu to its contemporary, elegant design and decor, ENSO is a feast for the senses.
From the exotic flavors offered on the menu to its contemporary, elegant design and decor, ENSO is a feast for the senses.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)vibrant bar scene (29)good for groups (28)hot spot (26)romantic (22)fit for foodies (20)late-night find (17)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great restraunt for fine diningCarsonbishopDined on 8/16/2014Great restraunt for fine dining as well as great sushi, definitely a place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!NeighborVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I frequent Enso because you can always get a table, or at least a place at the bar. The sushi rolls as well as the hibachi are always delicious and filling, which is very important to my husband. Also, the staff are friendly and the bar is always concocting new drinks to try!Special Features:
- Good food, service was okNauticaLKNDined on 8/1/2014Waitress seamed to have an attitude even though it wasn't crowded or overly busy. Sushi was some of the best ever had. Price was on high end but ok since sushi was so good.
- Good sushi but not worth priceGoodEats77Dined on 7/27/2014Nice location and very pretty inside. Sushi was good but not great. I would not go back considering the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I would go back later to choose other menu items. I loved what I had and would like to expand on it.Special Features:
- Nice night outOracleDined on 7/23/2014We had a great time and the food was outstanding. The restaurant was full on a Wednesday night. My only complaint was we wanted a few things while eating and our waitress was hard to find. The food was delicious and the crowd was diverse. A great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Bonanza!CharlieBZODined on 7/20/2014It was an awesome overall experience. I honestly just wanted to seem fancy and impress some friends from out of town without breaking my bank. This was perfect for that (especially during food week)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Fun place...great atmosphere. We have selected this place many times. Service is usually very good and we enjoy the variety of menu options.Special Features:
- Aaaaaaaamazing food!JitterbugDined on 7/16/2014Everyone at our table ordered something different and it was all delicious!! We especially enjoyed the scallops. The ambiance is great too. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed!!DrBiagioDined on 7/12/2014We love Enso and eat there whenever we head out to the Epicenter. This night we had a group of 6 for dinner and the place was packed out. WE were seated right on time though and everything was excellent! Shrimp and Scallop Fried Rice and Maryland Sushi Roll were to die for! This place is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Would come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014very good. dj music too loud, too early. food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JDubDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and the service was great! Beautifully decoratedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kjh4VIPDined on 6/21/2014Sushi is great. Drinks are watered down. Suggest chefs choice on sushi. Will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Lunch with a clientAshleyDined on 6/16/2014The food at Enso is always good... but you could tell that they were either understaffed or did not care. I think that the manager waited on our table the whole time, his appearance/outfit did not look to be the same as the other server. We made a reservation just because you never know. But, we were the only people in the restaurant. For paying almost $60 for lunch, I would have excepted a little better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushi group dinnerRAHPTDined on 6/11/2014We were in Charlotte for a meeting and used open table. the staff was friendly and accommodating when our meeting ran 45 min late...they had a table and GREAT service. the sushi had a range to accommodate experienced palates. the round table for our group was a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun (noisy) night with friendsFoodie4lifeDined on 6/7/2014Enso had great sushi and fast, friendly service. However, some of the other guests were extremely drunk and loud, which disrupted our dining experience. Still a fun night, but seeing a bachelorette from a neighboring table carried out of the restaurant at 8:30pm was a little unsettling. It was also more expensive than I realized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlotte visitStephenVIPDined on 6/7/2014I was staying at the nearby Omni. This is nearby, and a nice place. I went on a special trip with my son. We both enjoyed the place--service was good, not great. The man who brought our order out dropped off soup without a spoon, and dropped my order off without picking up the obvious empty salad bowl. Our waiter was excellent, though and had good suggestions. Noise level was high due to a table of 15-20 shrieking women (bachelorette group) nearby. Nothing the restauant could have done about that, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBKtravelerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Everything was wonderful; from appetizers, sushi, to traditional entreesSpecial Features:
- Great All Around As Usual!DrBiagioDined on 5/31/2014Enso is my wife and I's favorite sushi restaurant in Charlotte. The service, atmosphere and food are always top notch! Try the tuna nacho and rock shrimp apps, they are the best!!Special Features:
- Sunday FundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2014Decided last minute that we wanted sushi and since it's hard not to enjoy Enso we ended up there on a Sunday night. Much different atmosphere than a typical weekend night but still delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014The Best sushi I have ever had amazing. Entree was awesome as we'llSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 455 reviews are from the Enso Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- Been twice....will go again, again.mmellon1Dined on 5/5/2014I first came here for a lunch meeting with some out of town clients. The food is top notch, the service is excellent, and the ambiance leaves nothing to be desired. My second visit was very recently on a dinner date with an old friend, and she absolutely loved it. It was a shame that I had raved about the edamame mashed potatoes and they happened to be out, but I'm sure she'll find her way back in there in the near future. I have recommended and will continue to recommend this establishment for anyone seeking a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAnonymous22Dined on 5/3/2014The choice off rolls where excellent! It is a higher end restaurant so expect to pay a little more. The sushi is absolutely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmilly206Dined on 5/2/2014The service was quick and the atmosphere was romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So for $$$$EatQCDined on 4/18/2014Enso is a really well decorated restaurant. They invested a lot in making it look fun and exclusive, but they don't have a dress code. We felt dumb for getting dressed up for our anniversary when we were seated with people wearing hoodies, ball-caps, and t-shirts. The waitress took our order and treated us well. We were asked to choose soup or salad with our meal, and we both got soup. I got the seafood miso and a typhoon roll and she got the regular miso with the chicken fried rice, but neither of us were impressed by the food. Then they hit us with the bill. We found out we were charged extra for the soups, and with the food already eaten, ultimately we felt like we were cheated. The food is better at Cuisine Malaysia.Special Features:
- Enso reviewswttartDined on 4/13/2014Food was excellent. Reception by employees was not remarkable. Very drySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SarahVIPDined on 4/12/2014Great appetizer options, we tried the Waygu tacos which were awesome! Great roll choices, something for everyone!Special Features:
- Expensive, but great foodhiswifeDined on 4/11/2014Service was slow, but food was great. Very large portions so you get what you pay for!!! Not recommended for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/9/2014Wonderful experience . The food was excellent , many options ,allgreatSpecial Features:
- Hit the SpotEvolutionDined on 4/9/2014Enso is not only centrally located; it also hits the spot for tasty sushi and wine. You never go wrong going here. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudDatenightDined on 4/5/20149:30 reservation Saturday night. Extremely loud, not a good place for conversation over dinner. All seats are in or near the bar. Decor was nice, food selection was average with Uptown prices.Special Features:
- waitress was less than acceptable.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014waitress was less than acceptable. service was not the best. to me, not very appreciative of the customer. must do a lot of business and don't care. doubt i would return.
- Made reservation on open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Made reservation on open table & specified We were celebrating my husbands bday and that we wanted a booth . Neither were mentioned nor given while we there .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, sad serviceUrbanjulietDined on 3/22/2014The food at the place is unbeatable. Everything is beyond delicious. The wait staff however is rude and seems to be more concerned with their own personal appearance than making you feel welcome or even wanted. But hey, that's why there's a tip line on the receipt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites, but..ClintRDined on 3/22/2014Enso has been one of my favorite restaurants in CLT for a few years. However, I was surprised on my most recent visit to see that the menu had changed and my favorite dish is no longer offered. Hopefully next time I'll find something that I like just as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally service can be hitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2014Generally service can be hit or miss but the sushi is always top quality.Special Features:
- Great as always!CaseyH24Dined on 3/14/2014Great atmosphere, great food, great service. You can't ask for much more in a dining experience. We love eating at Enso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off a little shakyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014My girlfriend and I went for dinner last night. I arrived earlier and had a seat at thd bar. When my girlfriend arrived though the bar was pretty much empty we had to get a bartenders attention to greet her and get her a glass of wine. We then sat down with our server Marion who was amazing. She was personable knowledgable and just all around great. I have a peanut allergy and while eating the calamari I dipped a piece in the peanut sauce, Marion came out of nowhere and slapped the piece out of my hand. Now I know this isn't usual server behavior but basically she saved my life. I would absolutely go back but skip the bar part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Tuesday dinnerkdineDined on 3/11/2014Brought some out of town colleagues to eat. Food was great- wine list & service average. Need some more mid-priced cabs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedMitchDined on 3/8/2014The food was good--not great. I brought my daughter and her friends here for 16th birthday party and it was very expensive. I was hoping the food would be amazing, but it was just "good". I won't return because I have many other Asian restaurants that I eat at that are much cheaper and better food.Special Features: