1288 Dundas St West
Toronto, ON M6J 1X7Neighborhood:
Little Portugal / Dundas West
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sociale.ca/
- Phone: 4165341200x
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kris Schlotzhauer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private wine cellar is a beautiful setting for any intimate event. The space is perfect for groups of 8-12 people. Menu options range from $45 to $60 per person and include items such as salumi and formaggi, antipasti, pasta a main course and dolci. Allow Chef Kris and the rest of the Enoteca kitchen team to playfully craft, reinvent and re-imagine an Italian family dinner with classic Roman cuisine and a dash of local influence.
- Private Party Contact: Raffaele Posteraro 4165341200x
- Cross Street: Coolmine Road
- Public Transit: The #505 Dundas Streetcar stops at Dundas & Dovercourt, less than a 1 minute walk from our front door.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking available, as well as a "Green P" parking lot on Harrison, just north of Dundas off Dovercourt.
A word from Enoteca Sociale
Enoteca Sociale is an Italian Wine-Bar in the west end of Toronto. Enoteca Sociale brings the concept of the Italian Enoteca to Toronto. Our value driven wine list focuses on hidden gems from various regions of Italy plus some of Ontario’s finest. Chef Kris Schlotzhauer’s menu features house made pasta with inspiration from classic Roman cuisine and local seasonal ingredients. Our private wine cellar is a beautiful setting for any intimate event. The space is perfect for groups of 8-12 people. Menu options range from $45 to $60 per person and include items such as salumi and formaggi, antipasti, pasta a main course and dolci. Allow Chef Kris and the rest of the Enoteca kitchen team to playfully craft, reinvent and re-imagine an Italian family dinner with classic Roman cuisine and a dash of local influence. We look forward to celebrating with you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Enoteca Sociale - Best Restaurants in Little Portugal / Dundas West ›
Enoteca Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (86)notable wine list (57)special occasion (50)romantic (50)great for outdoor dining (49)good for groups (33)hot spot (32)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Des plats savoureux à prix abordables. Une belle découverte. J'y retournerais assurément !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavours!love2eatVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food and service were outstanding. One member in our party had a gluten intolerance and they had most of the menu to choose from and the servers were knowledgeable about all ingredients. The flavours in each dish wowed us. One day I will see the cheese cave. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Local FaveServiceNaziDined on 10/10/2014I am a supreme service snob and this place has never let me down. Their food is also consistent so it's a culinary sure-thing. I wish they would add their previous specials to the menu because they are always soooo delicious (beef cheek ravioli mmmmm...truffle ribbon pasta mmmmm-mmmmm)...but I guess that's why they call it a special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!FrancisGDined on 10/8/2014Fantastic food and warm service. Went out for anniversary dinner. Perfect ambiance in a cozy atmosphere.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014The food at a Enoteca was amazing!!!! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent food! Well worth price point. Dishes extremely flavourful and consistent upon each visit. Great wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to for easy deliciousFoodartischDined on 9/29/2014We have been going to Enoteca Sociale for years and we really love it. The combination of frank food made from high quality ingredients served with knowledge and passion. The wine is always exciting and specific and the staff know what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donna DooherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014A most enjoyable evening under the tress. Simple, well prepared dishes and attentive service. A lot of care taken in the kitchen. thank youSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I heard great things about this restaurant and so had to try it out for myself. It did, in fact live up to its reviews. Great little gem in dundas west. Lovely ambience, friendly service, and delicious food. I tried the apple salad topped with a pine night dressing, bacon, and aged cheddar, which I loved. The gnocchi was the softest gnocchi I've ever tried with a great tomato sauce with just a hint of spiciness. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Winner!Mel66Dined on 9/20/2014We have been there 2 weekends in a row - hooked on the service, location and the buccatini. It has a casual feel but don't let that fool you - the food, service, local ingredients are all top notch and excellent. Nothing casual about what they deliver! Try the cheese board too. The caesar salad looks amazing - we'll try that next time.Special Features:
- Great, Fresh, Italian FoodstepwanDined on 9/14/2014As the name implies, this place is great for groups! Reasonably priced share-able meals, stellar pasta, and great mains. Fresh in-house bread is to die for. Had the Gnocchi, Bucatini, cheese board and Arancini. Atmosphere is suitable for a date. Service was knowledgeable and beyond accommodating. Will be returning again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experience!MarkVIPDined on 9/6/2014Consistent with all the past reviews - the food was excellent, the service was superb. An eclectic, funky place - makes for an overall great experience. Will definitely come back for the grilled pork shoulder - amazing!Special Features:
- Great!HeroisrandomDined on 8/31/2014Second time there and it was great! The sharing platters are a hit and the pastas are nice and well portioned.Special Features:
- Delicious fresh food, fab servicevoxpopgirlDined on 8/31/2014Both the dishes and the service were exquisite. Sitting outside on the patio made it all the more ambient and lovely. I will continue to eagerly return with family and with friens - as well as - to highly recommend your gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- FabulousDelishDined on 8/29/2014Cheese and salumi board was outstanding. We tried four different pastas, all delish. Rib eye steak perfect. Desserts yummy. One of the best dining experiences ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmospherejloves2gofordinnerDined on 8/28/2014My second visit to Enoteca Sociale did not disappoint. We all tried different dishes and shared and everything was delicious. The sauce is delicious and could be mistaken for Nonna's. Newer versions and innovative additions to classic Italian are all done with flair and will ultimately required further explorations. Gnocchi are pillow soft and superb. The arancini with their molten centres are spectacular. A great place, warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CAT85ALINADined on 8/24/2014The good was amazing, I ordered the pork shoulder and it was absolutely outstanding. The service was great and the overall ambiance was magnificent. I will totally come back to this place and I will recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencecricketDined on 8/23/2014We were seated outside in a charming sidewalk patio. The cucumbers salad was incredible! I had the Sea Bream and my husband had the gnocchi and both were excellent. Our server was very attentive yet unobtrusive . Excellent food in a low key environment! Very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat Roman StyleGibbyDined on 8/22/2014My partner and I ate Roman style sharing appetizer, pasta and meat courses. The Pasta was amazing -Bucatini all'Amatriciana..I'm going to make this at home!. we wil return.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner--what a find!ROCfoodiesDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was recommended by a chef friend of ours and we were not disappointed. Each dish was fresh and unique. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious Italian fooddoctorsinfulDined on 8/18/2014Went two e to this restaurant and both times the service was great, the pasta dishes (I tried the linguine, the mezze lune and the spaghetti) absolutely delicious and al dente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSofrench13VIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food, good service and an original wine list keep us coming back for more. In a city where many restaurants are ready to close by 10pm, Enoteca is vibrant and funSpecial Features:
- Delizioso! Fabulous Food.jloves2gofordinnerDined on 8/12/2014The menu is limited in choice but there is still something for everyone. Layering of flavours creates a party in one's mouth and I will definitely return in the future. The entire evening was delightful and the wine selections also came in four sizes; Taste, Glass, Quarto and Bottle. This allows room for pairings of wine and food. A comfortable space, not pretentious but warm and welcoming with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classics reinvented.garyT267Dined on 8/9/2014Four of us went on a Saturday night. They take reservations, which is a plus these days. Waiter was excellent. Friendly and knowledgable. We did three courses (2 dishes each) to share. Our waiter timed the order impeccably. Wine was great. Not a giant wine list, but varied and interesting. Overall an excellent place.Special Features:
- tasty meal and wonderful serviceLGelDined on 8/4/2014Six of us enjoyed all our dishes at Enoteca Sociale. The pasta dishes were great, as were the house-cured salumi as well as other appetizers. Fish and a pork dish were also excellent. The service could not have been friendlier, more efficient or professional. When two guests showed up quite late, no one batted an eye -- they were seated and fed easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing is caring...Nic2092Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had a great dinner here on July 26, 2014. I would definitely recommend sharing multiple dishes as it is the best way to sample the menu. We started with the grilled short ribs, beef crudo, and one arancini each. All were delicious, the crudo and ribs especially. We then shared an order of the bucatini all'amatriciana followed by sharing the sea bream. The pasta was delicious but I was glad I only had a half order because it was rich. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu, and the food came out at a nice pace. Would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!mich260Dined on 7/18/2014We were a group of four girls, ages 20-33. Every single dish we ordered was phenomenal! Not a bite was spared! Highly recommend!!!! Two days later, we are still raving about the food! Atmosphere was very cool and urban.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian EateryBobbleheadDined on 7/10/2014We had the best Italian meal of our lives here. The menu is a little confusing, but we ordered eight plates between the four of us, and all were outstanding. Highly recommended. Go tonight!Special Features:
- Everything was perfect.dineintoDined on 7/9/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. She had been before, but I hadn't. The service was outstanding without being bothersome. They took care of everything in a very timely manner and it was a real pleasure dining there. The food was relatively inexpensive given the quality. We each had an appetizer, a main, desert, and drinks and our bill was under $100. Everything was so flavorful and savory. I highly recommend the shortribs with house-made kimchi.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperiencenapastyleDined on 7/5/2014We have been to Enoteca many times since it first opened and it continues to impress and delight. The food is excellent and the service is attentive without being obtrusive. Would highly recommend for special occasions or just a great meal on a weekend.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant!GersonArchilaDined on 6/25/2014We were greeted by very friendly servers, the service was on point the whole night. The ghnocci was to incredible! The Italian sausage was also very delicious. There strawberries and cream had to have been one of the most unique dessert plates I have ever tasted. Overall I'm very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 670 reviews are from the Enoteca Sociale reviews archive.
- PatioKathSDined on 6/21/2014Would be helpful to have more coverage of the patio umbrellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAlwaysoutDined on 5/29/2014Service was excellent and surprisingly the noise level was great and wee were able to carry on a conversation . Because most restaurants these days are too loud . Our waiter Patrick was excellent . And gave us a great after dinner wine for the whole table . I was with business colleagues and they loved the space and most importantly the food was excellent . My tuna appetizer was excellent with the right amount of "kick" to it . Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday ExperienceCFayeDined on 5/28/2014It was my partner's birthday (which I mentioned when making the reservation) and the staff at Enoteca Sociale surprised us with a sweet birthday candle in our desert at the end of the meal. The food was perfect and the service was kind and the perfect amount of "present". I also loved the chardonnay. A perfect birthday experience!Special Features:
- Marc from CaliforniaMarcDined on 5/23/2014Enoteca Sociale was a high point in our trip to Toronto. Though the menu was small, it had a wide range and each of the items were tantalizing. The food was excellent, from the starters, to the entrees (had pork cheek) to the desert (delicious bread pudding). It had an original touch without going over the top. Our server, Tedde, was knowledgable, friendly and professional. I will definitely return on my next trip to Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestNataDined on 5/17/2014We were excited to try enoteca after hearing the many positive reviews online, however, we found the food underwhelming. The portion sizes were also excessively small. There was no wow factor.
- Good food & service, Rude bartenderpiggyeaterDined on 5/17/2014Food was good; server was good; the bartender was rude and condescending.
- didn't meet the hypecityboyDined on 5/17/2014We were expecting a much more authentic food experience.Mediocre(at best) salumi and bread.Lukewarm entrees,even though they only had five choices!No specials on a saturday night,even with a very limited menu.Server didn't explain anything about the menu or wine list.
- Fantastic Service - will be back!ShoebucklegalDined on 5/15/2014Went there for dinner on 5/15/2014 with my kids, brother in law and his wife. FOOD: arancini, salumi, gnocchi, and their rigatoni was delicious. The tiramisu was heavenly and the sticky toffee pudding was out to die for!! WINE: great selection! AMAZING SERVICE: Our waitress was attentive and anticipated our every need. BUT she went above and beyond service; I hadn't realized I had dropped the buckle for my shoe in the restaurant until she came running half a block in the rain to return it to me. Now that's service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedDisappointedDined on 5/15/2014A couple of friends had recommended this restaurant and our experience was inconsistent with their descriptions. The waiter was cordial, competent, but not friendly and not particularly helpful or attentive. The food was acceptable but not exceptional and the menu was limited. The limited range we knew about going in but had expected the quality and attention to detail to be higher. The wine list was also only in the acceptable category. The noise level was very high.