1288 Dundas St West
Toronto, ON M6J 1X7Neighborhood:
Little Portugal / Dundas West
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sociale.ca/
- Phone: 4165341200x
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kris Schlotzhauer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private wine cellar is a beautiful setting for any intimate event. The space is perfect for groups of 8-12 people. Menu options range from $45 to $60 per person and include items such as salumi and formaggi, antipasti, pasta a main course and dolci. Allow Chef Kris and the rest of the Enoteca kitchen team to playfully craft, reinvent and re-imagine an Italian family dinner with classic Roman cuisine and a dash of local influence.
- Private Party Contact: Raffaele Posteraro 4165341200x
- Cross Street: Coolmine Road
- Public Transit: The #505 Dundas Streetcar stops at Dundas & Dovercourt, less than a 1 minute walk from our front door.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking available, as well as a "Green P" parking lot on Harrison, just north of Dundas off Dovercourt.
A word from Enoteca Sociale
Enoteca Sociale is an Italian Wine-Bar in the west end of Toronto. Enoteca Sociale brings the concept of the Italian Enoteca to Toronto. Our value driven wine list focuses on hidden gems from various regions of Italy plus some of Ontario’s finest. Chef Kris Schlotzhauer’s menu features house made pasta with inspiration from classic Roman cuisine and local seasonal ingredients. Our private wine cellar is a beautiful setting for any intimate event. The space is perfect for groups of 8-12 people. Menu options range from $45 to $60 per person and include items such as salumi and formaggi, antipasti, pasta a main course and dolci. Allow Chef Kris and the rest of the Enoteca kitchen team to playfully craft, reinvent and re-imagine an Italian family dinner with classic Roman cuisine and a dash of local influence. We look forward to celebrating with you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Enoteca Sociale - Best Restaurants in Little Portugal / Dundas West ›
Enoteca Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (58)notable wine list (54)special occasion (51)great for outdoor dining (48)good for groups (27)hot spot (27)late-night find (11)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The good was amazing, I ordered the pork shoulder and it was absolutely outstanding. The service was great and the overall ambiance was magnificent. I will totally come back to this place and I will recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencecricketDined on 8/23/2014We were seated outside in a charming sidewalk patio. The cucumbers salad was incredible! I had the Sea Bream and my husband had the gnocchi and both were excellent. Our server was very attentive yet unobtrusive . Excellent food in a low key environment! Very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat Roman StyleGibbyDined on 8/22/2014My partner and I ate Roman style sharing appetizer, pasta and meat courses. The Pasta was amazing -Bucatini all'Amatriciana..I'm going to make this at home!. we wil return.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner--what a find!ROCfoodiesDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was recommended by a chef friend of ours and we were not disappointed. Each dish was fresh and unique. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious Italian fooddoctorsinfulDined on 8/18/2014Went two e to this restaurant and both times the service was great, the pasta dishes (I tried the linguine, the mezze lune and the spaghetti) absolutely delicious and al dente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSofrench13VIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food, good service and an original wine list keep us coming back for more. In a city where many restaurants are ready to close by 10pm, Enoteca is vibrant and funSpecial Features:
- Delizioso! Fabulous Food.jloves2gofordinnerDined on 8/12/2014The menu is limited in choice but there is still something for everyone. Layering of flavours creates a party in one's mouth and I will definitely return in the future. The entire evening was delightful and the wine selections also came in four sizes; Taste, Glass, Quarto and Bottle. This allows room for pairings of wine and food. A comfortable space, not pretentious but warm and welcoming with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classics reinvented.garyT267Dined on 8/9/2014Four of us went on a Saturday night. They take reservations, which is a plus these days. Waiter was excellent. Friendly and knowledgable. We did three courses (2 dishes each) to share. Our waiter timed the order impeccably. Wine was great. Not a giant wine list, but varied and interesting. Overall an excellent place.Special Features:
- tasty meal and wonderful serviceLGelDined on 8/4/2014Six of us enjoyed all our dishes at Enoteca Sociale. The pasta dishes were great, as were the house-cured salumi as well as other appetizers. Fish and a pork dish were also excellent. The service could not have been friendlier, more efficient or professional. When two guests showed up quite late, no one batted an eye -- they were seated and fed easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing is caring...Nic2092Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had a great dinner here on July 26, 2014. I would definitely recommend sharing multiple dishes as it is the best way to sample the menu. We started with the grilled short ribs, beef crudo, and one arancini each. All were delicious, the crudo and ribs especially. We then shared an order of the bucatini all'amatriciana followed by sharing the sea bream. The pasta was delicious but I was glad I only had a half order because it was rich. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu, and the food came out at a nice pace. Would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!mich260Dined on 7/18/2014We were a group of four girls, ages 20-33. Every single dish we ordered was phenomenal! Not a bite was spared! Highly recommend!!!! Two days later, we are still raving about the food! Atmosphere was very cool and urban.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian EateryBobbleheadDined on 7/10/2014We had the best Italian meal of our lives here. The menu is a little confusing, but we ordered eight plates between the four of us, and all were outstanding. Highly recommended. Go tonight!Special Features:
- Everything was perfect.dineintoDined on 7/9/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. She had been before, but I hadn't. The service was outstanding without being bothersome. They took care of everything in a very timely manner and it was a real pleasure dining there. The food was relatively inexpensive given the quality. We each had an appetizer, a main, desert, and drinks and our bill was under $100. Everything was so flavorful and savory. I highly recommend the shortribs with house-made kimchi.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperiencenapastyleDined on 7/5/2014We have been to Enoteca many times since it first opened and it continues to impress and delight. The food is excellent and the service is attentive without being obtrusive. Would highly recommend for special occasions or just a great meal on a weekend.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant!GersonArchilaDined on 6/25/2014We were greeted by very friendly servers, the service was on point the whole night. The ghnocci was to incredible! The Italian sausage was also very delicious. There strawberries and cream had to have been one of the most unique dessert plates I have ever tasted. Overall I'm very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatioKathSDined on 6/21/2014Would be helpful to have more coverage of the patio umbrellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAlwaysoutDined on 5/29/2014Service was excellent and surprisingly the noise level was great and wee were able to carry on a conversation . Because most restaurants these days are too loud . Our waiter Patrick was excellent . And gave us a great after dinner wine for the whole table . I was with business colleagues and they loved the space and most importantly the food was excellent . My tuna appetizer was excellent with the right amount of "kick" to it . Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday ExperienceCFayeDined on 5/28/2014It was my partner's birthday (which I mentioned when making the reservation) and the staff at Enoteca Sociale surprised us with a sweet birthday candle in our desert at the end of the meal. The food was perfect and the service was kind and the perfect amount of "present". I also loved the chardonnay. A perfect birthday experience!Special Features:
- Marc from CaliforniaMarcDined on 5/23/2014Enoteca Sociale was a high point in our trip to Toronto. Though the menu was small, it had a wide range and each of the items were tantalizing. The food was excellent, from the starters, to the entrees (had pork cheek) to the desert (delicious bread pudding). It had an original touch without going over the top. Our server, Tedde, was knowledgable, friendly and professional. I will definitely return on my next trip to Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestNataDined on 5/17/2014We were excited to try enoteca after hearing the many positive reviews online, however, we found the food underwhelming. The portion sizes were also excessively small. There was no wow factor.
- Good food & service, Rude bartenderpiggyeaterDined on 5/17/2014Food was good; server was good; the bartender was rude and condescending.
- didn't meet the hypecityboyDined on 5/17/2014We were expecting a much more authentic food experience.Mediocre(at best) salumi and bread.Lukewarm entrees,even though they only had five choices!No specials on a saturday night,even with a very limited menu.Server didn't explain anything about the menu or wine list.
- Fantastic Service - will be back!ShoebucklegalDined on 5/15/2014Went there for dinner on 5/15/2014 with my kids, brother in law and his wife. FOOD: arancini, salumi, gnocchi, and their rigatoni was delicious. The tiramisu was heavenly and the sticky toffee pudding was out to die for!! WINE: great selection! AMAZING SERVICE: Our waitress was attentive and anticipated our every need. BUT she went above and beyond service; I hadn't realized I had dropped the buckle for my shoe in the restaurant until she came running half a block in the rain to return it to me. Now that's service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedDisappointedDined on 5/15/2014A couple of friends had recommended this restaurant and our experience was inconsistent with their descriptions. The waiter was cordial, competent, but not friendly and not particularly helpful or attentive. The food was acceptable but not exceptional and the menu was limited. The limited range we knew about going in but had expected the quality and attention to detail to be higher. The wine list was also only in the acceptable category. The noise level was very high.
- Glad I found this on Opentable!TeejVIPDined on 5/13/2014I'm so happy to have found this gem! We went for a special birthday and it was just perfect from start to finish. The food was delicious, and the service was outstanding. Although it's out of the way for us, we will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, welcoming waitersTraceySDined on 5/6/2014This is one of my favourite restaurants in town. Not only is the atmosphere cosy, the food superb, but the waiters are the friendliest, most helpful around (without overdoing it.) The last time I was there it was our anniversary and the waiter brought us complimentary sparkling wine. Then I mentioned to the sommelier that I tried (unsuccessfully) to find one of his wines at the LCBO and he went and printed out the details of where I could order it. And to top it off, the dinner was fantastic, as always (tuna starter, bucatini main, chocolate terrine dessert). We'll be back, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinner!Goodfood1Dined on 5/6/2014Met a friend and work associate for dinner. Had excellent food, great service, cool retro ambiance , good wine and not too noisy, since we had to talk business.Special Features:
- trynewthingsDined on 5/5/2014Beautiful simple food. Nothing fussy, or too far out of the box here, just good traditional Italian flavours. Service was excellent. The wine pairing was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authenic GemHasek39Dined on 5/3/2014My wife and I had a little "date night" and decided to come into town from Burlington for dinner. While we had read about Enoteca, the actual experience was well worth the 1 hour drive (given the summer road construction). Everything from the hearty and original appetizers to the hand made pasta and slow braised beef special was off-the-charts delicious. The food was served very hot (which is what we like) and the service was top notch. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 656 reviews are from the Enoteca Sociale reviews archive.
- Control your Diners!GregRoyKellyDined on 4/27/2014April 27-a special night. Took my son and fiancee to my favorite restaurant. Drive 200 miles round trip. Order an $80 bottle of wine. Mid way thru appetizers, they seat next to us, a couple with babe in arms-I'd say 10-12 months old. The kid wails ALL night. People all over the restaurant are looking over. The dad is a slug and never gets off his cell phone, while wife tends to the baby. A waiter comes over and cradles the baby for 10 minutes (so she could finish and leave?) These people should NOT have been permitted into the restaurant. A ruined night. Enoteca has lost my patronage (11 meals in 2 years) because they prefer this type of customer.Special Features:
- Excellent saturday eveninglu2dineDined on 4/26/2014Excellent service & even better food, will highly recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful date night!foodieintrainingDined on 4/26/2014We let the server bring our food according to restaurant specialties. I always get intimidated reading the ingrdients listed on menus. She did an awesome job!!! I would send her a huge shout out by name but I forgot it!! You know who you are!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner with a toddlerTTRKVIPDined on 4/26/2014Staff was very accommodating, and the food was excellent. I like the shrunk down menu and the diverse choice of wines by the glass is a huge plus
- Great apps to sharelovetoeatDined on 4/23/2014We ordered most of the salads on the list and shared them for appetizers. Excellent! Mains weren't as memorable. Tried of Q of red wine that wasn't particularly tasty. Server took it away and replaced it with something much better. Servers made great recommendations all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that special anymoresukitoDined on 4/19/2014We took our two adult children for dinner a few weeks ago. My husband and I and another couple had been one other time and really enjoyed our food. This last time the food was just okay. The cornish hen was mainly bones; my son's pasta dish was nothing special and my fish dish was not what I expected from a restaurant that has such a high demand for their tables.
- Unbelievable!LittleItalyLocalDined on 4/13/2014Enoteca Sociale was top notch from start to finish. The food was to die for and that is an understatement. My partner has been in the industry for years and she said this was one of the best meals she has eaten in her life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerCharlotteDined on 4/12/2014Flawless experience from start to finish. While I knew the food was excellent, the service is equally great. The interior has a chic vibe without pretension. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing staff makes the nightTOfoodloverDined on 4/12/2014The staff is phenomenal, and really makes the place special. They are helpful and kind, and around the perfect amount. This really sets them apart from other restaurants with the same quality of food (which is fantastic by the way - the arancini is to die for).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable BirthdayEatTO2014Dined on 4/10/2014Took my husband for dinner to celebrate his birthday. I'd been to Enoteca before but it was his first time. Meal was outstanding! Striped shrimp pasta was tasty, tender and flavours outstanding. Enjoyed tuna cerviche and presentation was lovely. Wine list is excellent and service attentive and well paced. Server was knowledgeable and charming. Had a cheese plate for dessert which was perfect to end meal. Excellent range of cheeses to choose from and accompanied by honey, pecans and apple. Atmosphere is casual, and unpretentious but no detail is overlooked. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Food, Great locationTraceySDined on 4/10/2014Four of us had dinner there recently and had a wonderful meal (and, as I've spent a lot of time in Italy, I'm pretty picky about Italian food). Both the Kale salad and the tuna starters were terrific and the Bucatini all' Amitriciana was as good I've had it in Italy. If you're drinking white, the Ribolla Gialla from Friuli-Venezia was pretty great (but unfortunately not available at the LCBO). Oh and the service was super friendly, so all in all, a super place.Special Features: