1688 Queen St. West
Toronto, ON M6R 1B3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.maialinoto.com/
- Phone: 4165515251x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday-Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
(Closing times are subject to change without notice)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Maialino provides off -site catering services. We provide dinnerware, staffing, delivery and dependable services! Please feel free to call us to inquire.
A word from Enoteca Maialino
We provide the food and wine, you bring the conversation. Maialino Enoteca Italiana is Italian Social Dining. Our traditional dishes are prepared with the most authentic ingredients and are all garnished with care. Food is the great connector….we’re harbingers of great Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Enoteca Maialino - Best Restaurants in Parkdale ›
Enoteca Maialino reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- bandgniteoutDined on 7/16/2014delicious! especially enjoyed the wild sauteed mushroom salad on arugula. pizza and gnocci also very good. our server was very caring. the energetic neighbourhood atmosphere with its fun casual decor made it a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatMartaLaPiadosaDined on 7/8/2014The food was great, but the waiting time between salad and main was unbearable. Also the cutlery was not changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and atmosphereTorontoDinerDined on 7/8/2014We had a lovely dinner and would go back any time. Charming ambiance, intriguing and satisfying menu - and the service was friendly. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiny portions and rock hard breaddbrookeDined on 7/6/2014The food was delicious but the servings were incredibly small. The main ravioli dish came with 3 pieces of ravioli. The bread for the table was literally as hard as rock. The server was lovely, friendly and the best part of the experience. The smallest portions ever also took an eternity to come out and the restaurant wasnt even busy.
- Good neighbourhood pastaTimWVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is our second visit here. We were pining for pasta and enjoy their fresh made pastas/noodles, and they are definitely a difference maker. The Sicilian salad was large enough for us to share. The Fettucine Bolognese definitely hit the spot and was what we were looking for. Simple, but very delicious. We'd come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!BenbDined on 5/11/2014Spent Mother's Day there with my wife and children, a lovely experience. Great service and wonderful dishes. So happy we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Enoteca Maialino reviews archive.
- Lovely little SicilyGailDined on 5/2/2014This a great little place with southern Italian food! Delicious carbonara, excellent canolli, lots of good wines by the half liter. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in ParkdaleTipplerDined on 4/25/2014Delicious freshly prepared salads and pastas. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Birthday bashqueenwestfoodieDined on 3/30/2014We celebrated a 27th birthday with a party of 7 on a sunday with reservations for 7:30 pm. The ambiance was great, the food was delicious, the service was fantastic and the evening was a success. They went out of their way to make sure everyone was satisfied. Authentica Italian dining experience (from someone who has lived in Italy) - delicious meat/cheese plate, Aranchini, great apps, tasty pasta and jugs of wine. highly recommend and will definitely return!Special Features:
- Saltiest food imaginableYumyumsDined on 3/21/2014Following the recommendation of our server, I ordered the lobster ravioli special. The pasta was a very undercooked (and I like al dente) and it was incredibly salty. I tried some of the other pasta dishes ordered at our table and found the same thing. Also, the serving size of pasta carbonara was embarrassingly small. The arancini was quite good though. Likely won't be going back for dinner. Maybe some drinks though. I had a great old fashioned.Special Features:
- Maialino Bella Pasta !DolcevidaDined on 3/15/2014Maialino was a sweet place. Located right on antique ally near Queen and Roncy it was the perfect little place to just sit, chill with friends and have a great Italian meal. Our server Brittany was wicked ! Super fun and welcoming. I would highly recommend this to people in the parkdale hood to check out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints.RosalindDined on 3/1/2014This was my fourth time and the food and service have been consistent. Loved the homemade meats and pasta and everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for TwoMiaSophiaDined on 2/14/2014I went there with my husband for a Valentine's Day dinner. It is a small restaurant with a modern touch. We started with Carpaccio di Polpo (octopus salad) recommended by our waitress, it was a little too oily but tasted great. For the main we ordered Porchetta Fatta in Casa to share for two which is priced daily and was $75 that day. We were told it would take around 45 minutes to cook. It took well over an hour. Although the roast was delicious, the rest of the plate was cold by the time they brought it to us. It was very filling and we could not finish the entire meal. The servers were stylish, friendly and super attentive.Special Features:
- WinterliciousCathyGDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyed our first experience at Maialino for Winterlicious. Food was great, as was the service. Restaurant is cozy and intimate. We are looking forward to a return visit to try the regular menu, which sounded fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winterlicious menupartyof4Dined on 2/7/2014Enjoyed a delightful meal at a very reasonable price. Great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkdale PocketgnosherDined on 2/6/2014Nestled in among eclectic, unassuming shops on the first block east of Ronscies on Queen St. W. Easy to go unnoticed and unknown. Thankfully, Winterlicious helps bring such lost gems into the spotlight. Fun to watch chefs behind the bar while whipping up savory dishes. Servers, friendly, funny and efficient. Nothing pretentious, but everything is nicely arranged and very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinterliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014This was a restaurant that was out to impress. They priced themelves to attract attention and then delivered over and above the expectations generated by a low price.Special Features:
- weeknight diningkrisDined on 2/4/2014We went on a tuesday and the restaurant was dead. One other table but more people came later. We enjoyed this as it wasn't loud and the space didn't feel empty. The service here was great. We would definitely go back to try more things off the menu.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014Looking for a west end restaurant and selected this from 3 there's and it was a great pick Good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and staff!DebbieDined on 1/25/2014Great atmosphere and staff! Food was very good! Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restoroseDined on 1/17/2014I liked this place. Great casual dining. Simple, comfortable, affordable friendly and tasty. Service was great. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014This is a small intimite place. Used the restaurant as a romantic spot dinner for two, I think we were the only couple , but it worked out well. Service was great, food was great, portions were large, we ended up taking some take-away. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!japolaDined on 12/13/2013Dined at enoteca maialino with a group and it everything was excellent. It was our first time trying the restaurant and we weren't disapppointed. The food was delicious- fresh italian fare, full of flavour, and served hot! :) Our server was very friendly, accommodating, and efficient. We had a great experience and I will definitely be back for either a girls night or romantic dinner out. Its great that they take reservations too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treasurehungryman902Dined on 10/27/2013This place was fabulous - hands down - Sunday night dinner with split courses was terrific and well priced. Friendly staff and great service - amazingly flavourful Italian food - hard to find comparable restaurants in Toronto. Arancini di riso and Orchiette with Rapini are highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fantastic, atypical Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2013We first went to Enoteca Maialino by walking by it accidentally. Their menu is fantastic and food is prepared beautifully. We are big fans of Sicilian style food, and they have many items on their menu prepared exactly as you would find it in Sicily. Great ingredients and truly really excellent service. They don't have a huge wine list but with so many well priced and well chosen items -- who needs it. The quality of a top drawer Italian restaurant without the price and stuffiness. Truly one of our favourites in Toronto now -- and we are not easy to please...Special Features:
- We went there to celebrateWilltryagainDined on 8/10/2013We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary a few months back. At that occasion the food, wine, service, and ambiance were fantastic. This past weekend we suggested Maialino to go to with a couple of friends having in mind our great past experience. To our disappointment the menu had changed, the quality of the food dropped, and it took a long time for our second course to arrive. The service was as good and personable overall. It was not a very good experience unfortunately. We will try again in a couple of months. Hopefully it will be back on track. Good luck guys.Special Features:
- A disappointmenttorontoBlueDined on 8/9/2013This restaurant is by my house and I really want to like it. We have been a number of times, but this visit was the worst. We received a corked bottle of wine. The woman who 'did the wine ordering' disagreed that the wine was corked and refused to open another bottle of the same wine for us. All she was prepared to do was give us a bottle of something they did by the glass. It caused enought of a stire that the woman at the table next to us asked to smell the wine, and agreed it was off. Whate happened to you don't argue with the customer? If you do chose to go, note that they have now simplified the menu with a focus on pizza and pastas (which were good). They currently do not have a fish plate, but we were told it will be back.
- enjoyable dinnerTt39Dined on 8/3/2013We had arancini, rucola salad, spgetti carbonara, and another pasta with a cherry tomato and almond sauce. All were very good, and f Fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summerlicious 2013nothappyDined on 7/21/2013treated poorly we think do to summerlicious snobbery..bad service..very small portions...
- Alright but nothing specialSatnitedinerDined on 7/13/2013Pizza was bland - great crust but little flavour. Wine was great but $40 a bottle!!! Very loud but nice to have open air feeling. Gratuiity was put on the bill without our being told. Would we go back....probably not as there are better places for the $$$.
- Go to Maialino- avoid SummerlicioustorontoBlueDined on 7/5/2013I really like Enoteca Maialino and have been on a number of occassions. They do a great whole fish, some big plates for two, and some Sicilian gems. They have a new pizza oven, and the pizzas are good. However, when Summerlicious comes the menu gets chopped down and the place gets busy. I'll be back, but not during the silly season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes = Still excellentSOMMDINEDined on 7/3/2013For a restaurant open for a limited time but long enough that it is showing staying power I was happy to return to Maialino and was surprised to find pizza ovens on display in the restaurant. Surprise turned to delight as the pizzas (made to order) arrive in a very timely fashion and are quite tasty. You also have to have their Arancini. Really delicious and quite remarkable. I will be back again and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out!ParticularDined on 6/21/2013Went to Enoteca Maialino for the first time. It's within walking distance from our house which is super convenient. Great food and well informed staff. They were able to recommend a fantastic wine. Solid meal from appetizer to dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have already recommended EnotecaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/1/2013Have already recommended Enoteca Maialino to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful southern italian foodHappyTorontoDined on 5/18/2013We had a late dinner, and had excellent friendly service and the food (pasta with wild boar white ragu. porcini mushrooms and black truffles) is worth the trip alone. Wil return ASAP for the monthly chef's tasting menu. A neighbourhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate at the bar in frontOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We ate at the bar in front of the kitchen crew and asked Chef Roberto to guide us through the menu. He rolled out a spectacular sampling of his Southern Italian roots- bright flavours, impressive technique and genuine hospitality. We will return soon and I have recommended Maialino to a dozen friends already.Special Features:
- Attentive service and goodGlobalFoodieVIPDined on 3/12/2013Attentive service and good wine recommendation. Food was well presented and tasty. Being a Tuesday when I dined, it was not busy so noise level was moderate.Special Features:
- Many people talk about theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013Many people talk about the wild boar pasta dish but was not available that evening. Website made no mention of dishes changing daily / weekly. Totally allowable but expectation not set. Grilled Fluke dish looked great on the menu; served blandly, sloppy and wet. I'm not one for plating a 11-oz steak pre cut on a dish but it was cooked correctly; unfortunately lacked taste. The only above average items we ordered was the wine and cannoli. Hard to return to a restaurant for simply two small items. Food for dollar value at Enoteca Maialino just isn't there. Campagnolo, Terroni and Gio's are considerably better.Special Features:
- A nice neighbourhood resto.lpc416Dined on 3/9/2013A nice neighbourhood resto. Good service...a small wine list but great choices,especially Sicilian reds. Awsome chocolate dessert.Special Features:
- NeilOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Excellent dining experience. Service was attenttive but not hurried. Cuisine was delicious and well presented. Selection on in-house cured meats was unique and Italian cheese a nice pairing. Boar pasta outstading as was as the suckling pig. Not competition in Parkdale/Roncesvalles area. We will return.Special Features: