301 North Main Street
Ketchum, ID 83340Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ketchum-enoteca.com/
- Phone: (208) 928-6280
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily from 5:00pm - close (usually 9:30 - 10pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Dave Schenk
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Enoteca
From house cured meats to cheese platters with local honey to wood fire gourmet pizza, Enoteca's choices are sure to satisfy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Enoteca - Best Restaurants in Sun Valley ›
Enoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (63)hot spot (55)notable wine list (53)special occasion (31)vibrant bar scene (30)romantic (28)good for groups (18)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Just okValleDinerDined on 11/10/2014Tight seating, smokey room, service just OK, ecclectic menu not too exciting, food quality was good. Prices fair for expensive town. Dissapointing vegetarian options.
- Very small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Great food but if your plan is actually to eat a meal, go to the Pioneer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lounge feelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I was not impressed with the food. It had more of a bar feeling than a nice dining restaurant. The food was over priced for the size and was really kind of mediocre. I had their duck and risotto rice and it was a $16 plate for a small duck thigh and some rice. I am not a wine conneissour but our waitress made a couple of perfect recommendations for my wife. I had a great tasting beer she also recommended. Over all the service was great but the food was not what I expected. I will not visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Enoteca CARES!MissYumYumDined on 11/8/2014Enoteca is a place where the wait staff really cares about your needs and your enjoyment, where the chefs care about the food they create, where the wine steward cares about the wine selections and where the designer obviously cared about creating a stylish and intimate ambiance. We all left feeling pampered, delightfully well fed and blessed by great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014Enoteca is a great place to eat with friends. It has small plates, large plates and distinctive pizza options. It works great with kids who are ready for behaving through a whole restaurant meal. Nice wine options, great food, and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BertDined on 11/3/2014Really good food and great wine list. Service was friendly and informative.Special Features:
- CookenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The brussel sprouts are a must side dish. Best swine and wine in the wood river valley.Special Features:
- Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014always great food - always busy - make a reservation!Special Features:
- As always…..COCOADined on 10/20/2014Excellent and delicious… where I like to take visitors for a special memory of our valley.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicedining4usDined on 10/18/2014Loved the food, the service and the ambience of this restaurant/wine bar. Two of us shared the bacon wrapped dates for an appetizer - very good. I had the Wild King Salmon which was superb and the presentation was notable. The person I was dining with had the Idaho Trout, which was also excellent. Nice wines offered as well. We were too full for dessert to comment on them. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read the reservationHello2UDined on 10/17/2014Hostess had our reservation through Open Table, yet missed the request to sit by the window and missed that it was a birthday dinner. The waitress was good but not great - not much eye contact and lack of helping us feel welcome. Every restaurant needs to make the patrons feel like kings and queens - a big smile and some small talk equates much better service. The food was superb! Seafood risotto was amazing!Special Features:
- I love EnotecaFrenchFriedDined on 10/16/2014Enoteca's food is always great, but this last visit exceeded the bar they've already set. One of the town's very best!Special Features:
- What's not to like?LazyloonDined on 10/12/2014As usual we had great food, fun waitress, good service, and we love the atmosphere. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Staggeringly good...AndrewDined on 10/5/2014...I am progressively more impressed every time I have a meal at Enoteca. Period.Special Features:
- Always deliciousPreorAfterTheatreVIPDined on 9/30/2014We have been here each time on our stays in Ketchum. Each time it is delicious. The service is wonderful. The decor is relaxing. Great food. One of my favorite (if not the favorite) in Ketchum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a TreatLynnVIPDined on 9/28/2014Always great service, tasty food perfectly prepared, and a comfortable & welcoming feel to it.Special Features:
- Always Excellent Enoteca!SandieDined on 9/27/2014Enoteca is always an excellent and fun dining experience with great food at moderate prices and an exceptional cooking and serving crew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LimitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant needs to broaden its menu to include vegetarian and vegan options. There was one vegetarian option but it was floating in cheese. Since people are wising up to the role of dairy in hormonal cancers (per the recent Harvard and other studies), they need more options for people who wish to keep their health in mind when they eat out. They graciously served the panko crusted trout with the Parmesan removed from the panko. It was delicious and super tasty without the Parmesan. Additionally, they could add more vegetables throughout to increase the nutritional value of the mostly bread and cheese offerings. We have eaten there several times. It is good, but limited.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Our server was terrific. Food was outstanding. Portions could have been a bit bigger, but definitely not a deal breaker.Special Features:
- Our FavmtnfunDined on 9/11/2014Great food and service with great atmosphere. Get a reservation in advance as it is hard to walk in!Special Features:
- Wonderful!Love2dineoutVIPDined on 9/11/2014First time here and were surprised by how nice it is! Comfortable and fun décor. Nice use of the space! Service was attentive and swift. Food was really good and attractively served. Good prices, extensive wine list with variety of prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJoelDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food with exceptional friendly service. Wide range of food choices and wine pairings. Wood burning oven turns out some of the best pizza I've had anywhere. Burke, Adelaide and the staff make you feel like family and go the extra step to make sure you're happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014We ordered the Strega pizza and the crust was amazing. Best Pizza crust I've ever experienced. The salad was great and the pork scallopine (sp?) was really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's OKOverratedDined on 9/9/2014We were crowded into a small table for six. The place is noisy and the food was average. It's a restaurant that I will probably not go back to unless my friends insist on this place.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Five of us enjoyed a great meal and service there! Loved it! The chocolate and caramel desert was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Poor service.2scoopsDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant vibe is good. The hostess was quick to show us to our table. The pizza is amazing. The steak and duck were superb. The only downside is the service. It was poor to say the least. Our server didn't seem interested in checking on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HSPSVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I had the best meal in the Sun Valley area at Enoteca. We shared the caprese salad. She had the sole special and I had the roasted chicken polenta special. The Pinot noir from the Willamette valley was the perfect compliment to the meal. We finished the evening with affogato for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localfoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Enoteca fills the need in Ketchum for ease of dining, wonderful fresh local food, (I especially love the Idaho trout), bubbling wine bar with a great wine menu. Thanks to Scott Mason for giving us this real lively bistro and to Jennifer Hoey for her design. Kudos.Special Features:
- Never Let's Me DownCOCOADined on 9/3/2014As always the food is delicious and innovative. The service is always gracious and timely. The atmosphere is casual and surroundings, chic. it is always a relaxed and enjoyable evening…AND the prices amaze me that thy are so reasonable.Special Features:
- Great wine listketchsnobDined on 8/29/2014Great wine list, great food, and superb service, with a vibrant atmosphere. What more do you need?Special Features:
- Best meal on trip so farTerryWDined on 8/28/2014We've been on our trip for 18 days now and this was the best meal we have had so far, and not the most expensive. My duck breast was as good as any I've had in France.Special Features:
- Enoteca continues to hit the MarkCandJDined on 8/27/2014Dinner for 2 on a weeknight. Great food at fair prices, just like the Ketchum Grill. Always order the Brussels sprouts as a side. Great wine selection at reasonable by the glass prices. So many by the glass, we rarely get a bottle anymore. Professional servers. Love the open kitchen and high ceiling, but makes it a little noisy - but that's part of what makes it a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb Ragout Over PastaDanielVIPDined on 8/26/2014Ketchum has great respect for lamb. We've had this lamb special twice now and it is sensational, tender the consistency of pulled pork over Fettucini noodles. We tried to analyse the spice combination, but it's complex. Wish it were on the menu more often. My wife usually orders whatever is the catch of the day, always fresh, often browned in a pan with a crispy crust and seasoned perfectly. Wines by the glass are all thoughtfully selected, but as we were four that night, we ordered a bottle of Archery Summit Pinot Noir that was really good. It is a great list, in keeping with the name Enoteca, wine bar specializing in regional wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visitGoodfoodguyDined on 8/23/2014The pork oso buco was excellent. My wife had the veal Marsala and it was made very well. The polenta was done just right. A place to visit at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional mealcelebratefoodDined on 8/21/2014Perfectly cooked and seasoned fish and crispy skinned chicken were the stars of this meal. Petrale sole was served with lemony non-chewy kale and orzo salad. Heavy on the kale and light on the orzo, just he way I like it. Nice compliment to the fish. Nice wines by the glass too. Love the interior design and ambience. Make reservations!Special Features:
- Vintage building Modern Foodpcsk8VIPDined on 8/13/2014Enoteca is a wonderful addition to the Sun Valley food scene. Their pizzas make a great sharing appetizer. It is hard to pass up their Idaho trout as well as the local lamb. A great repurposing of an historic building. Make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodSmartdinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food is excellent, the waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly. We had a reservation but when we arrived we had to wait for at least 20 minutes to be seated at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningQAnneDined on 8/9/2014Very popular local restaurant get there early or make reservations. Dinners are special, Delicious food, reasonable, nice staff. We had mussels, pecan coated halibut and chicken cacciatore. All delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal and experienceWesterntravellerDined on 8/6/2014We had heard great things about this restaurant from both locals and visitors and we were not disappointed. Service and ambience were excellent. Food was outstanding; imaginative and delicious. Notable appetizers were the buratta cheese and Mac and Cheese. Don't miss the Brussels sprouts side dish. For our party of 4, we ordered 2 pizzas (Stregga and Diavola) and two trout dinners to share -- all delicious. Nice wine and beer list. Overall a great experience -- we highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must make reservationsDanielVIPDined on 8/4/2014This place is so good, so convivial, so centrally located, that you are going to need a dinner reservation at any normal time. Whether you are in Ketchum for the Sun Valley Summer Symphony, the Wine Auction, the Writers' Conference, or Wagon Days, you are going to find Enoteca busy, but the ceilings are high and the acoustics are good. The wood fired pizzas, lamb chops, and Mama's Salad are my favorites, and we are regulars, but my wife loves the grilled, fresh fish and vegetable side dishes. The servers are a great team with great personalities and attitudes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.