1 Ritz Carlton Drive
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/LagunaenoSTEAK
- Phone: 9492402000x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Steak
- Executive Chef: Pedro.Contreras@ritzcarlton.com
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from enoSTEAK
enoSTEAK is an intimate steakhouse featuring only the highest quality ingredients. All the steaks are from prime and grass-fed, pasture-raised beef. The organic produce is grown locally and harvested at the peak of the season. enoSTEAK also highlights artisanal cheeses, charcuterie and a large selection of fine wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
enoSTEAK - Best Restaurants in Laguna Niguel ›
enoSTEAK reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)romantic (13)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (7)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Will come backMSMSIDined on 9/19/2014My husband knows his steak and enoSteak is up there. In short we went home full and happy. Overall we had a very good dinner inspite waiting at little bit past our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReganDined on 9/16/2014This place is awesome. I took my Nephew and his new bride there for dinner. They flew into see me on their way back from their Hawaii honeymoon. the restaurant provided a complimentary dessert and the chef wrote "Happy 9 Day Anniversary" on the plate. The food was fabulous and our server Nikki was the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/2/2014The meat is grass fed!!!!! Great spot, great service. We loved our dinner, the waitress was very accommodating, just wish the menu would have more choices as far as appetizers are concerned. But hurry, go there, have that delicious good for you steak!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedeatsout2oftenVIPDined on 8/29/2014Once again, hotel dining proved to be a disappointment. Food and service was less than impressive. Prices were extremely out of proportion relative to the meal that was served. (Sticker shock is rarely an issue, since we live near NYC and frequently dine there and in steakhouses like Peter Luger, Smith and Wollensky and BLTSteak) I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Nice place for a special occasion.buytheshortsVIPDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere is elegant and the service attentive, almost too attentive. The meal was nicely prepared and well served. My steak was properly cooked and very tasty but a bit to the tough side. All in all a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Quaint & savorytbertDined on 8/17/2014The g free bread that they toast & serve is better than regular bread!! The service is impeccable. Very very pricey and worth itSpecial Features:
- Great food but slow serviceWondererVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had wonderful meal at enoSteak. Loved the food and esp the grass fed beef option. The sides, appetizers and salads were great. The service was friendly but very slow esp between salad and entree. The ambience was typical steakhouse dark and warm with lots of wood but nothing unique.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!PleasedVIPDined on 7/3/2014Service, food, and ambiance were terrific! 5 stars out of 5! We will most certainly return to Eno next time we're in Dana Point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!PleasedVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great food and service! Nice, quiet atmosphere. Food is very fresh, and the meat is tender. Our server was wonderful. Can't find anything negative to say!Special Features:
- Cozy yet elegantDinner4twoDined on 6/28/2014Small and intimate with very good food and very attentive staff Quiet enough to have a conversation. Would definately go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just outstandingforteiiiDined on 6/25/2014Food quality was exceptional, as was the service. The steaks were high quality and cooked to perfection. Great restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 70 reviews are from the enoSTEAK reviews archive.
- Jose tisnadoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014If you ever want to go out have a good time eat good this is where to go. Plus if you haven't tried there steak you have no idea what you are missing they have the best steak in all C.A and the prices ain't even that bad you pay for what you get and you won't regret it trust me I've been there bout once ever monthSpecial Features:
- enosteak enoughchumpDined on 5/24/2014The portions are way too small for the price. New york steak houses seem to do a better job. For half the price and much more food we should have chose Ruth Chris Steakhouse! The plating was unartistic. The wine selection was great. The service was pretty good as well.Special Features:
- Nice for an intimate dinnerLaurentDined on 5/17/2014We had a good time, we went for our anniversary: the booths are perfect for an intimate dinner. Too bad there is no windows / view while the hotel is right above the beach but that is ok for dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerWifesBDayDined on 5/13/2014enoSTEAK was an awesome place for my wife's birthday dinner. Everyone was very nice and wished my wife a happy birthday. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great, as UsualOpenTableManVIPDined on 5/1/2014I come to expect excellent service form this place. One of the best steak restaurants in the area. The food is excellent, and the service is even better. It's just that simple - fine dining (steakhouse). The prices are high, but appropriate for the food & service. With this place, no need to travel a longer distance for other high-end steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointingBeefloverDined on 5/1/2014We were already staying at The Ritz, and my bf and I are major steak lovers, so I thought this would be a great pick for us. Sadly, the menu was extremely limited-a steakhouse that doesn't even offer a porterhouse steak? There were only 4 beef options on the menu, and everything was outrageously priced. The staff were engaging and friendly, to the point of being kind of annoying. Unusual artwork of strange faces and ghostly images is welcomed by this Fine Art major, but not when I'm trying to enjoy a relaxing meal with a loved one. Maybe my expectations were too high, but when you're paying Cutband Ruth Chris prices you expect more than this. The chocolate dessert was tasty, other than that we would have been better off ordering roomserviceSpecial Features:
- Nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great service and ambiance. The food was over priced. The sides were very small, average in taste and way over priced. The steaks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodSDWineGoddessDined on 4/24/2014I dined with a client at this spot and the food was fantastic. We started with the bread and pate then both had the bone-in NY strip with a green peppercorn sauce. The white cheddar macaroni and cheese was the best I've had thus far.Special Features:
- A Memorable Evening...Partydoctor26Dined on 4/18/2014From the minute we arrived, the service and attention to detail was perfection. It was our anniversary, and the staff greeted us with congratulations and true warmth. Being the Ritz Carlton, the staff are kind, gracious, knowledgeable and courteous. The food was the focal point. The Ahi Tartar was fresh, light and delicious. We split the bone in Ribeye which was cooked to perfection. We also ordered the delicious Mac 'n Cheese along with the string beans. We were so full that there was no room for dessert. This is a great Steak House restaurant with a "high end" twist on the norm. Tell your friends to not walk, but run to enoSteak! Although pricey, well worth it for a delicious and memorable meal.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceJP1960VIPDined on 3/15/2014Overall, it was outstanding. From the hostess to the food, everything was wonderful. We especially loved our waitress Nikki. She made the whole experience better.Special Features:
- Expensive but excellent steakdollDined on 2/28/2014Good quality steak, good selection of butter, and side dishes. The creamed spinach and the mushroom sides were awesome. We tried the short rib, NY steak, and tenderloin, and they were all good. Wished my steak was cooked a bit more well done since I ordered medium well! but it was good. Butter lettuce with poached egg was bland. My Dad did not like the charcuterie. The dessert was good. We ordered the monkey bread and apples, chocolate cake with coffee ice cream, the pot de creams and vanilla ice cream and espresso. Service was excellent throughout and even on the phone. Only complaint - very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evening to RememberRIcewpVIPDined on 2/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here and we could not have been more pleased. I had included a note that is was a special night for us in the Open table reservation and they gave us a great table covered in rose peddles, The food was outstanding and I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- enoSTEAKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2014Fantastic entrees, service and atmosphere. It exceeded my expections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/9/2014Excellent service and wine. Food is very good, put priceyI would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a huge steak lover soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013I'm a huge steak lover so chose Eno Steak for our Christmas Eve dinner. Restaurant is right off the lobby but inside was quiet and private. Very limited seating options because the restaurant is small. Preferred a booth but none available. Didn't think I would need to request one when making reservations since our time was 6:15. It was still very enjoyable and the steaks were fantastic. Not a wine drinker so can't comment on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak. Ever.StickelsDined on 12/13/2013We are steak people - we've had them everywhere, and we both agreed the meals we had at enoSteak were one of the best, if not the best, that we've ever had. I had the tenderloin, my husband had the ribeye and they were both amazing. We had the nicely portioned white cheddar Mac n cheese and the Brussels sprouts for sides (not ginormous like other steak places), and the chocolate soufflé with coffee ice cream (also one of the best we've had). Can't say enough about the food - it was fantastic. The only downfall was that the restaurant and the whole hotel were FREEZING - I wore my big wool coat the whole time and drank hot water because I was wearing a cocktail dress... So dress WARM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013Loved the intimate dining room. Table for 2 by the fire. Food tasted great and ideal for a special date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy, not "energetic"OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/4/2013Very noisy, not "energetic" - acoustics of the room unattractively amplifies sounds, voices all around. The Hotel is beautiful during the Holidays and Raya Bar is great.Special Features:
- Great PlaceRobinVIPDined on 11/28/2013Enjoyed a fabulous thanksgiving meal! They had some of the best turkey I've ever eaten and the selection of traditional thanksgiving sides were delicious and creative. All around a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went hereJamieDined on 11/16/2013My husband and I went here for our anniversary. The food was prepared to perfection and the service was impeccable. I think they could work on their overall ambiance as it was really bright in the dining area and my husband felt a draft from the hotel the entire time. Overall, we had a great experience and would go back.Special Features:
- Special TreatmentDaHeartDined on 11/9/2013Exceptional service and wonderfully prepared dinner with superior wine. It was a birthday dinner with a twist, as I had asked for my date's hand in marriage hours before. They treated us with glasses of champagne. We never had to ask for anything, they were always there with the next right thing. Very good California wine list. The salads and sides were incredible, and the steaks prepared perfectly. And although it may seem a small thing, the chairs were soo comfortable. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmm, steak.hotelsnobDined on 10/20/2013enoSTEAK is a small place tucked inside the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel. The moderate sized room is chopped in half by the wines on display in the middle of the room in a floor to ceiling display case. The ambiance could have been helped a bit if the lights had been dimmed just a bit more. None of this, of course, has an effect on either the food or the service, both of which were both very good. Traditional steak choices and traditional side options, with a bit of an upscale vibe (8 butter options). So think wedge cut salads but a tartar/quail egg option. Steaks cooked perfectly. Best part of the experience is the amazing location. Great option for a date night. Grab a meal, have a drink after, and check out the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class DinnerNextMealVIPDined on 10/15/2013We've been to Eno a few times and each time does not disappoint. They truly have incredible steaks and service. However, we usually do share when we go as the steak portions are large but also expensive. We generally share an appetizer, salad and side, too. Do not be embarrassed to do so. They will portion/cut your items and re-plate them. The wedge is very good. The meat and cheese platter is delicious. We always get the rib-eye, and the various compound butters are delicious.They also have this chocolate cake in a mug. I am not sure if it is for special occasions but ask. Service is always spot on, friendly and Ritz Carlton style! We could go anywhere is the OC/LA area and we have chose to come here time and time again.Special Features:
- Excellent!LarryVIPDined on 9/14/2013Great service with a friendly smile, fantastic food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/14/2013Had a wonderful dinner with family. Service was excellent and the food was just great. Best steak I've had in many years. Desserts were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulmikesluvtodineDined on 9/11/2013The food and service was outstanding. Thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic SpotOpenTableManVIPDined on 9/7/2013Quite a small restaurant, but I consider it the best one in the Ritz Carlton - Laguna Niguel. The food is amazing, and the service is impeccable. It's expensive, but not any more than other fine dining establishments in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SteakhouseOpenTableManVIPDined on 8/26/2013A restaurant truly befitting the Ritz-Carlton. A small seating area - so, it's difficult to get a reservation. The service is excellent. I couldn't decide on a wine - so they opened two bottles for me to choose from. The one I did not purchase, they made into a 'wine by the glass special'. Very good thinking on their part. The steaks (and the seafood) are excellent. The desserts are amazing, too. The best dessert was the 'birthday special'. The pricing is on par with other high-end steakhouses in the area. But the service and food are right up there, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak place. Had anGigiDined on 8/24/2013Great steak place. Had an issue with our table being ready bit the manager took care of it and actually comped our first round of drinks. Cozy spot with good beef, fish and duck options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.