Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro
601 Junction Road
Madison, WI 53717Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eno-vino.com/
- Phone: 6086649565x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday & Sunday: 4:00PM - 12:00AM, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine, Nick Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Eno Vino Bar & Bistro is available for any & all catering needs. Please email our Event Coordinator Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and date availability
- Private Party Facilities: For further information and date availability, please contact our Event Coordinator, Sara at email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Sara Granados at firstname.lastname@example.org x
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR IS JUST HAPPY - Monday through Friday from 4-7pm and ALL DAY SUNDAY!
Join us for happy hour in the bar and lounge area for $8 bar plates, $10 pizzas, $2 off wines by the glass and $2 off modest sippers
EVERY WEDNESDAY IS LADIES NIGHT - Specialty drinks in the bar & lounge area available for a special price ALL EVENING LONG!
SUNDAY is FUN-DAY! Happy Hour specials available all day (in the bar & lounge area only) and we are offering 1/2 Price select bottles of wine in the dining room only.
A word from Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro
Eno Vino Wine Bar & Bistro Voted "Madison's Best Wine Bar" By Madison Magazine Readers, 2014. Eno Vino offers 250+ wines by the bottle & another 45 by the glass. From the beginning, Eno Vino was established as a place to share great wine, sensational, hand-crafted cocktails and fresh, inviting food. Whether you would like to entertain friends, enjoy an evening out with a loved one or unwind during happy hour ~ we invite you to enjoy an evening at Eno Vino!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro - Best Restaurants in Madison ›
Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (67)romantic (60)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (28)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Excellent food and servce!cade107Dined on 10/18/2014The place looks very fancy but is still a very relaxed atmosfere. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Wine list was great and they help you through it. Food was amazing, we had the shrimp ceviche, bruschetta, paella, shrimp tacos and Korean pork ribs. We took relatives who were visiting and they loved it, already wanted to go back there the next day. Works great for a romantic dinner or a small group. We didn't bring the kids but it doesn't seem like it would be a very good fit for them since is dark and fancy. We're will return there multiple times. We were there on a Saturday afternoon and it was quiet enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My family went here for my husbands birthday (no kids) and we had a wonderful time the atmosphere is wonderful and the food is excellent!Special Features:
- Special dining experienceMamaswigDined on 10/15/2014The food is always excellent and the service special. We like this for celebrations and are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- hungryallthetimeDined on 10/11/2014Went here with friends over the weekend-and as is normal, the service was very good, as was the food. The place was packed by 6:15 or so--so the noise level was a little loud, and hard to hear conversation. On the flip side, with it being crowded after all these years, it is still a great place to go. Menu rotates seasonally which is nice. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- ServiceLkmdinerDined on 10/10/2014Our waitress seemed very judgemental and uninterested. It was an interesting and unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallFoodiePDined on 9/26/2014Great service and abiance. Wine was very good. Bruschetta was the best food item we had. A couple other things were just too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around excellent experience!MakingmehungryDined on 9/20/2014I found this restaurant by reading great reviews. Eno Vino was EVEN BETTER than I had hoped for! Group of 4 on a Saturday night. We arrived quite early and they set us up in the bar area. Actually a much better (quieter) seating area. Dining room was huge and busy. Great atmosphere, but we preferred the quiet seclusion. Food was outstanding! Highlights were shrimp ceviche and shrimp flat bread. But the other 3 dishes were delish as well. Nice sized portions. Great selection. Really good wine list. I would go back to Middleton, WI just to eat here again. The place is huge, but it was still packed! Amazing quality coming out of a kitchen that must get slammed continually.Special Features:
- Noisy!travelingfoodiesDined on 9/18/2014First impression-first time visit, staff was very poor. Absolutely no greeting (2 people), just a stare, like we needed to talk first. One of them needed to get some menus from behind me and basically pushed past to get them with no 'excuse me'. Extremely noisy place couldn't have a good conversation if we tried! Entree was rare - ordered med. Waitress more interested in a table of possble friends...had to inturupt to finally get the check taken care of. Otherwise...foood was fine and decore was nice. overall only an average visit.Special Features:
- food was as always spectacular.FoodieFanDined on 9/9/2014I miss the charbroiled oysters on the menu, but some other favorites still remained (like the port wine sauced ravioli w/ fois gras). Meal was fit for a king. I love that smoky tequila martini. The hint of jalapeno is perfect. thanks for another wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Not like past experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We've always loved Eno Vino. We've had many a birthday, dates, and other misc visits to this restaurant; we were engaged here. The staff is always wonderful and management staff touches base at some point in your visit. This is the first time we've had any issues with anything here. The problem was the New York strip special. We requested that it be prepared to a medium temperature. Unfortunately for us it was not. It was closer to medium rare. We actually argued over its final temperature, and whether it was warmer or cooler than our ordering preference. Regardless, it was not prepared to medium. We didn't return it for one basic reason, the presentation. With the work put into the presentation and then to return it, didn't seem right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningdadeohDined on 9/5/2014"The Best of Madison" sure had it right with this find! Wonderful ambiance, great service and awesome food! A perfect choice for a romantic evening. It helped make our anniversary celebration memorable! The beef tenderloin and prosciutto bruschetto was wonderfully flavorful and the steak risotto was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great plates to share and drinksGirlaskew12Dined on 9/4/2014Eno vino has a wonderful selection of shareable plates. It's perfect for a group. I went with three others and each plate was the perfect size for us. The filet and the Korean potstickers were amazing. I also loved the ahi tuna tacos and the crab cakes. The only disappointing dish was the tuna crudo. The have a nice list of specialty cocktails. The mojito is among the best I've had with the addition of ginger. The drinks are very reasonably priced. Our server was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and attentive but she didn't hover. The ambience is chill and worked for a night with friends or a romantic dinner. We didn't sit outside due to weather but there is a very small outdoor seating section. Loved Eno Vino and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent, great menu.Searching4thebestVIPDined on 9/3/2014At other places you find one or two things you want to try on the menu. We've gone through the whole menu here and have loved everything. Wonderful food, great wine selection. That's why we keep coming back.Special Features:
- foodDocRobDined on 8/31/2014A little too much potato in my wife's seafood dish.Special Features:
- Disappointingnd89sc88Dined on 8/27/2014This was our first visit, and we had high expectations, but came away disappointed. The menu is very interesting, however, the execution was not up to snuff, especially given the price-portion ratio. I'm not against paying for great food, and also not someone who needs huge portions, but when prices are this high and portions this small, I expect to be wowed. Case in point: we ordered the risotto of the day (duck confit and Parmesan); we got a small bowl that was so thick, it could pass the DQ blizzard test. Major sin. On the other hand, the fillet with rouge buerre was terrific, but very small. Even the creme brûlée was a bummer. The brownie and raspberry base was almost unedible. Bright spot: cheese plate. Also, it was very loud.
- MUST HAVEfoodyDined on 8/18/2014My Wife and I went for our anniversary and were very happy with our choice. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Our food parings were spot on. The seared sesame tuna was to die for and the prince Edward mussels were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went out with a group of 4 for a birthday dinner. The food was delicious, a little pricey but high quality. Tapas style with good amounts on each plate. The staff was so helpful and patient! First, we had some trouble with directions and we were late, but they were still accommodating. We then had people join dinner halfway through so we needed to move tables, and at the end we also had some trouble trying to split the bill - both the servers and what appeared to be maybe the manager jumped to help us and didn't act the least bit annoyed. It was a great experience overall, I will definitely consider it for special occasions in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingloveeatinganddrinkingwineDined on 8/14/2014We have eaten here many times...............this occasion we took our friends from out of state. All four of us agreed the food was outstanding. I wish I could remember our servers name. She was fantastic! I think this is our new go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findmadqdogVIPDined on 8/12/2014Travelling xcountry, we found Eno Vino and what a find! Super service and terrific food.Special Features:
- Comfortable and PleasantTruthbetoldDined on 8/9/2014A very pleasant experience! The wait staff was very accommodating and sincere. They went above and beyond to get us exactly what we wanted. The ambience is relaxing. Very low lighting in there. If you like a place that has a lot of lighting this is not the place for you. I really enjoy a relaxing environment so it worked well! I enjoyed every dish that we ordered and the drinks were perfect! I will definitely go back the next time I visit Madison.Special Features:
- Music is Too LoudKonovanVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had another good experience at Eno Vino. However, it appears they are trying to create an energetic atmosphere by playing the music so loud you have to yell to be heard. Wish they would lower the volume just a little
- Great Wine and Tapas!Searching4thebestVIPDined on 8/6/2014We love the special treats the chef creates for the wine and food pairings on Wednesdays. We had a truly delicious 3 course meal with interesting wines enhanced by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GallelamaDined on 8/6/2014Wife's Birthday so special flowers at table plus $22 off bill including desert. Friendly greeting and immediate seating. Food was outstanding as usual. A little pricey but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite with a few friendsNJoyFineCasualDined on 8/1/2014Excellently prepared food is consistent, service was timely and not intrusive. Three of us shared 4-5 tapas dishes and were satisfied, bill was over $100 FYI w/wine but not dessert, glad we had a gift card. Allergic to soy and eggs (not gluten or dairy), limited substitutes, soy seems to be part of lots of their dishes; did a great job of checking ingredients and manager came by to ensure we were having a good time. We like deep bodied red wines by the glass, limited but very good/acceptable couple of choices (no bottle wanted since it was during the week and take home not allowed). Open table reservation was easy and awesome for same day reserve. Too bad the patio got rained out, we usually like it and they have happy hr. prices there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JML1932Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent and creative food preparation, and splendid presentationSpecial Features:
- FavoriteSusanDined on 7/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant! They have such a unique menu and everything is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ako57Dined on 7/18/2014Tasty tapas style food. Short rib potstickers were excellent.Special Features:
- Great food, drink, and fun!NYStripperDined on 7/15/2014Excellent staff service is only outdone by the outstanding quality of the food at Eno Vino. An excellent place for food and drink regardless of the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and great servicePeterDined on 7/12/2014Some of the best dishes in Madison can be found here. The service and wine selection were just icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special about the foodMadtownDined on 7/3/2014Read the reviews and looked good but really didn't like it. Drinks not as good as before and food was fair at bestSpecial Features:
- The following 602 reviews are from the Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro reviews archive.
- Wednesday Wine and TapasSearching4thebestVIPDined on 6/25/2014Wonderful creativity from the chef with 3 delicious courses paired with excellent wines -- always a great flavorful adventure. We keep coming back for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sleeper in MiddletinNYMikeDined on 6/23/2014Tapas, vibrant restaurant, nice bar, food is VERY good, interesting, ecclectic, upscale yet casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014As only one of our group of four had been there before, the wait staff explained the tapa concept of sharing all of the intricately prepared dishes each of us ordered, and everything was fresh and beautifully presented. It's an opportunity to try several gourmet items. My adult son had a complimentary dessert, as it was his birthday. It was an overall memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine list & gluten-freeNleatgoodDined on 6/19/2014Excellent food - good wine list on a tablet. Our waiter was excellent and we were easily accommodated with our dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for a ViewBonnie315Dined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed our evening dining outside, but the view could use some work. We looked straight at a black SUV. I don't know how you could improve it, given the parking situation, but it detracts from the overall ambience. The food, on the other hand, was a very pleasant surprise. I can put up with the view if it means another encounter with the crab cakes and that asian platter with the chicken satay and the wontons. The blueberry arugula manchego salad was also outstanding.Special Features:
- Plesently SurprisedeastsidergoingwestDined on 6/13/2014I arrived at Eno Vino a bit apprehensive because I had a preconceived notion that it would be snobby. I couldn't have been more wrong! We were greeted with smiles and a friendly hello and the hospitality never stopped from the hostess, bartenders, to our very friendly waitress who was very helpful with the menu selections. I will certainly be coming back again. The scallops were the best we have had, and the free dessert for my fiance was an added bonus! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014It was excellent but pricey. I had a gift certificate which I assumed was enough to cover our 4 people but ended up spending more than twice that. It was very good food and service and the Old Fashioned was excellent.Special Features:
- Great nightperfecteveningDined on 6/6/2014We sat and ate at the bar and were completely satisfied. The drinks were generous and during happy hour quite reasonable. We had three dishes. The edamame was enough for 4. The crispy calamari was also very good and lots of it. Also the crab cakes were all crab with little or no filler. We finished dinner with Crème Brule which was the best we had ever had. Cream ,carmel and chocolate topped with a sliced strawberry. The only thing keeping us from a weekly excursion there is the miserable traffic on the constantly under repair hwy. But when that's done they will see a lot more of us.Special Features:
- just a Tuesday eveningneighborhooddinerDined on 6/3/2014The food was excellent, the service was outstanding. We dined outside on the patio and could have done without the vehicle idling for 09 minutes in an adjacent parking space, or the diesel-powered tow truck that picked up another nearby disabled vehicle. Will stick to inside for future occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Great food. Great wine. Outstanding service from Brittany!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.