219 JOLO Winery Lane
Pilot Mountain, NC 27041Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jolovineyards.com/visit-planner/winery-visit-directions
- Phone: (336) 614-0030
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: 11:30- 3pm Thursday- Saturday Sunday Noon- 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Brian Brown
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from End Posts
Situated inside JOLO Winery and Vineyards, End Posts restaurant is a charming boutique experience seating only 26 guests. Our goal is to be the finest dinning experience in the state of North Carolina. Our Executive Chef prepares a seven course meal that is sure to delight the most sophisticated pallet. We change the menu monthly and guests may choose to have three courses, five courses or seven courses. Wine pairings by the bottle or glass can also be ordered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
End Posts - Best Restaurants in Pilot Mountain ›
End Posts reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (24)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (18)scenic view (17)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wow - one of the best restuarants in N.C.IwannacoupeVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have dined here 3 times in the last 3 months --- each time has been wonderful - We have tired the tasting menu twice and ordered a la carte once. I personally like the $99 7 course tasting menu. Chef Brian creates a wonderful selection of beautifully presented morsels for you to enjoy. The service is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousGirlsniteoutDined on 11/6/2014My friends and I had a wonderful elegant evening and will recommend this restaurant and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Where you would ExpectWhanABDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I have dined/lunched in some excellent restaurants all over the World; with that said we know what to expect from a restaurant that is stating 5 star status.......... 1. Pricing is in 5 star range. 2. Food 5 star range 3. Ambiance would have liked to have seen 2- Booths tucked in corners for intimate dining. The decor was nicely chosen and tastefully arranged. Views from indoors nice outside excellent. 4. Service this is a tough area as it is hard for a Professional to not succumb to this local custom of "visit" which is a good thing if you are not the Server. Hard to stay Professional and that is what the Patron is paying for show them 5 star status and they will never forget.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The Chef is incredible. Great find! Service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class definitely 5 StarHowieDined on 10/18/2014Easily the best kept secret in NC. Every aspect of the experience was 5 Star. The wine tasting, the beautiful views, the great food. These were only surpassed by the wonderful service form the staff and even more gracious hospitality shown by the owners whom were on sight. I can't wait to go back with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValleyctDined on 10/9/2014Beautiful setting with views. Very romantic. Menu with only the freshest ingredients. My friend said " that is the best sandwich i have ever tasted ".Special Features:
- Teresa LewisTweet16Dined on 10/2/2014My husband and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner at End Posts! The food was fabulous and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfoodloverDined on 9/26/2014The best fine dining in Winston-Salem is not in Winston-Salem................it's in Pilot Mountain. Don't miss out on this unique and exquisite dining experience. The prixe fixe option is definitely the way to go on the first trip. Chef Brian will not disappoint you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem for Surry CountyMissBDined on 9/25/2014A friendly staff greeted us before taking us to the well appointed dining area. The server provided us with detailed description of the entrees and wines. We had a delightful lunch and received a tour of the facilities of JoLo's Winery. The facility is a gem for Surry County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeshw17751Dined on 9/20/2014I would put "End Post" at JOLO up against any fine restaurant in Napa Valley, CA!Special Features:
- Great find!NabsDined on 8/30/2014My husband found End Post on line so we were delighted when we arrived to find such a charming spot. It has a beautiful outdoor lounge area nestled in the vineyard and the restaurant though small is lovely. Most importantly, the food was incredible! The beet salad was far beyond any we've ever had and the scallops were cooked to perfection and served on an interesting corn ragu. While the meal was fairly price it was well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shelbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a true fine dinning experience,food, atmosphere, and service all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is AWESOME!!!!WilliamDined on 8/29/2014If you want to feel like you are dining in California wine country, and this is the place to go. The setting is absolutely beautiful; The ambience is outstanding; The food is amazing; and Dana, our server, was so pleasant and accommodating. And the wine list.... WHAT A SELECTION! I WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING BACK AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT JOLO WINERY AND END POSTS RESTAURANT. If you have not made a reservation yet, or visited their website, please do so ASAP. You will not be disappointed… That is a promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow- Meal #2 - Still OutstandingIwannacoupeVIPDined on 8/28/2014After having tried (and loved) the tasting menu on trip #1 to End Post, we opted for a lighter meal this time and it was also Outstanding (and I do not use that word very often). The depth of flavors that Chef Brian creates with such simple, fresh ingredients is amazing. The service is superb and the 'white gloves' appear to be a thing of the past! I highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:
- Arrive early for wine tasting, thenChezbrownDined on 8/9/2014Proof you don't need to be in a big city for fine dining! From appetizer to dessert, the Chef prepares elegant looking and flavorful dishes. Attention to detail is definitely priority. This goes for the wait staff as well. White glove service, detailed description of each dish and a genuine feeling that they were there to make sure our dining experience was perfect. Right down to providing a stool for my wife's purse when they noticed her put it on the floor! Nice. Highlights for me was the creamed corn that accompanied the scallops (who'd a thought??) and the pork medallions were tender and flavorful! Oh, and the polenta, and the use of baby herbs, and even the dark chocolate truffles at the end, and the cookies at the very end ... Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulreadytodineDined on 8/8/2014We went for lunch and had their special of the day - Fried Oyster salad and it was very good. The wine was wonderful as well. Our waitress was prompt, courteous and her timing was perfect. It was a misty/rainy day. The turned the fireplace on which made the atmosphere warm and inviting. We will be back. Thank you.Special Features:
- A new 'must try' restaurantIwannacoupeVIPDined on 8/7/2014Absolutely fabulous! We had the 7 course pre fixe tasting menu ($99) and it was superb - I highly recommend it. Chef Brian Brown seeks out the freshest local ingredients in order to create his masterful menu. You can tell that he is well trained by the complexity and layering of flavors in each course. The servings are ample - and you won't leave hungry. The service here is as good as it gets. The wait staff is very attentive and professional (although, the white gloves might be a bit much for Pilot Mountain). We look foward to our second, third, etc. visits in the near future.Special Features:
- Amazing!MoondoggieVIPDined on 8/1/2014This place is absolute perfection. We had the tasting dinner and it many have been the best restaurant meal I have ever eaten in Western N.C. The service and ambiance are also wonderful. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the line!Selling4uDined on 8/1/2014Love Waitress Amber! Owners JW and Kristen make you feel extremely special and appreciated! Can not beat the overall experience anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the End Posts reviews archive.
- Romantic but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food is delicious, no doubt the chef's are talented. The ambience is wonderful but as it became dark outside, the lights were turned down a little too low. The wait staff were not in tune with high end dining. Since this a new establishment, this may improve with time. Waitress did not seem comfortable of when to interrupt the table and stumbled over the menu descriptions. She brought the wrong food to our table first, and then mixed up the meals within the table. The portion sizes were too small for the price and location. Dinner took about 3 hours and that was ala carte appetizer + entre. Although the service and portions were lacking, the savory tastes made up for it. Price range is VERY high especially for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteAnamCaraDined on 7/5/2014Without doubt the finest dining experience in Northwest NC/Southwest VA. Easily tops anything in Winston Salem. The service is 5 star; the food is creative and truly excellent; the ambiance is intimate and inviting. We truly enjoyed our evening at End Posts. What a delight to find in our own back yard a dining experience that rivals some of the finest restaurants in the world. We have traveled and dined extensively all over the world. End Posts is a stand out. We will definitely be back, bring friends, and recommend to others! Thank you End Posts and Jolo for raising the bar in our region!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightHammar2010Dined on 6/28/2014Absolutely one of the most enjoyable dining experiences! Great food! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very inconsistentYvfoodieDined on 6/27/2014For the area, the ambience was excellent, however the service and the food was average at best. The attentiveness was great, but the servers lacked the experience that usually accompanies a 200 dollar us meal. The tuna was over cooked and under sauced, very blah. The Bert and shrimp salads were enjoyable, but again more ho hum. The scallops were good, but nothing was exquisite or left us dying for more... The wine was served at room temp? On a 90 degree day a lukewarm Pinot Grigio was just strange? We'll be back but for a cheese plate and wine as they have a beautiful patio... For 200 bucks there are winston restaurants that will deliver food and service worthy of that price point. They should hunt down head chef Jesse Williams!Special Features:
- Gem in Pilot MountainOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014End Posts was an exceptional dining experience. The food was "out of this world" and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningJimsDiningOpinionDined on 6/20/2014End Posts provides an upscale dining experience. Service was first rate, food was excellent with great presentation and the ambience was perfect for a night out with your favorite person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day & Birthday LunchplanneddiningDined on 6/15/2014This was our first visit to End Posts and it was one of the best dining experiences we have encountered in years. I would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone looking for a different dining experience from most restaurants in the Winston-Salem area. The staff was very professional and attentive to our needs; the dining room was inviting and somewhat intimate; the view from the building is magnificent; and lastly the food was tasty and of high quality. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior in every aspect!Selling4uDined on 6/13/2014Great food! Great service! Great atmosphere! This is truly a hidden treasure for our community!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbnavynavyDined on 6/13/2014The approach to the restaurant is a spectacular view of Pilot Mountain. Our reservations worked perfectly. The staff was naturally friendly, helpful and attentive (especially Amber). The food was excellent (rib eye and grouper).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful new restaurant and venuepsh1viogDined on 5/23/2014We recently had dinner at End Posts and were very impressed with both the food and service. Certainly one of the nicest restaurants in the area and a lovely setting. Had the rose made by their winery and liked it very much. Both the food and the service were excellent. Would highly recommend this restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:
- Husband, Small Business OwnerSweetbabyDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I have searched for the perfect place and we found it.Special Features:
- Upscale NC Wine Country DiningTyleratjillerDined on 5/17/2014WOW - A very upscale dining experience in NC's wine country. Still going thru the start-up phase but clearly on the path to becoming the go-to place for serious dining. Remarkable design with several romantic spots for out-door dining and a great view of Pilot Mountain. Put together a group, visit some wineries and end up here for dinner. You almost feel like you are in Napa or Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 5/11/2014When I go out for dinner, I like a quiet, quaint and relaxing place to eat. End Posts was that and more. The view of Pilot Mountain was like a picture in a magazine. Food was very tasty. Amber was an excellent waitress, knew the menu well. Mount Airy and Pilot Mountain needed a restaurant such as End Posts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic fine dining restaurantWineAndFoodLoverDined on 5/11/2014Fantastic addition to the Pilot Mountain Area. A gourmet dining experience like this was very much needed in that area. The food was prepared to perfection, service was superb-top notch and the views of Pilot Mountain are beautiful! We are so glad that we chose to celebrate Mother's Day at End Posts. I had ordered the Rib Eye Steak-the best ever! Served under a silver dome-what a beautiful touch! Loved the JOLO Wines. Chef Brian is extremely talented- all the food had a wonderful presentation. We were told that all of the bread is hand made in house by Megan- the fan bread is a must try when you go there! The restaurant is very tastefully decorated-there were no details that were missed. We will definitely will be back again. Cannot wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoSoSnowbirdDined on 5/11/2014I was impressed with by the facility, the staff and the service. The food, however was only so so. I ordered Halibut and was terribly over cooked and tough. Ther presentation was very pretty. The chef's muse was a nice touch , as were the complimentary chocolate truffles.Special Features:
- What a jewel of a restaurantJewelDined on 5/2/2014What a fantastic dining experience. the food, service and atmosphere exceeded our expectations. What a jewel of a restaurant. We enjoyed our 27th wedding anniversary here. We will be back. Already have Mother's Day reservations!Special Features:
- END POSTS Fine Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The food, service, friendliness, and ambience at the End Posts Restaurant were all excellent. The view of the Pilot Mountain and the surroundings were immaculate. Everything that we encountered at the restaurant was well above our expectations. We highly recommend the End Posts restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A evening in Pilot MountainLocal52Dined on 4/25/2014The restaurant is décor is beautiful. The scenery and setting is gorgeous. The service was outstanding. The menu was limited. The food was good but not great. The portion size was small even for upscale dinning. The price point was a little high for the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014How nice to know that my wife and I can have a fine dining experience without going to the big city. None of those other places would have the view and overall ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Food was marginal and expensive. I had the $16 Omelette (one of the least expensive items) with cheese and spinach-that is all I had on my plate-a small greasy omelette with very litte taste and nothing else-for $16 you would think they would provide a side item.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Our experience was truly wonderful. The staff were knowledgable and present without being intrusive. Our firsts (tuna tartare) and main courses (sea bass and ribeye) were fantastic and the wine list was fairly extensive. The JoLo wines are worth tasting; however, like many new wineries need time to develop. We recommend their Grey Ghost Vidal Blanc and Happy Endings for dessert (don't forget the cheese plate!). We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.