2550 E. Colfax Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.encoreoncolfax.com/
- Phone: 3033551112
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday – Friday 11:30am – 2:30pm BRUNCH: Saturday Brunch 11am – 2:30pm Sunday Brunch 10am – 2:30pm DINNER Nightly 4pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul C. Reilly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have an intimate private dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Weaver 3033551112
- Special Events: Please contact Mike Weaver at 303-355-1112 for private party inquiries
A word from Encore Restaurant
Located in the former Lowenstein Theatre Complex, adjacent to the Tattered Cover Book Store, the restaurant features a long elegant bar, a slim modern dining room flooded by natural light and a comfortable atmosphere for the Congress Park neighborhood. Encore on Colfax, affectionately known as the "Colfax Country Club", is a neighborhood restaurant that serves New American cuisine with a twist, combining comfort food with ethnic translations. An innovative menu, created by Executice Chef and Owner Paul C. Reilly, showcases many local and sustainable products from humane and conscientious producers. Encore features a classically modern dining atmosphere with a casual feel, complemented by a creative cocktail menu and a premier happy hourContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Encore Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Maybe There's A Reason...Table42Dined on 4/22/2012So the hubby and I saw the same article that everyone else in Denver saw, about Encore closing. Thanks to Open Table we had reservations, but it didn't really matter, since the line went out the door and they were seating people ahead of us without reservations and incomplete parties. It was "interesting" getting our morning coffee in styrofoam cups, while other customers got their beverages in plastic cartoon cups. Not really the way I want to remember Encore. The brunch was okay. My pork belly confit was pretty yummy, but the chef couldn't spring for a piece of toast to sop up the creamy pea puree? Really?! Hubby's lamb posole was very yummy, but the garnishes were leftover from the night before.
- Sorry to see this one go,PBKWINEGUYVIPDined on 4/21/2012Sorry to see this one go, we have really enjoyed Encore.Special Features:
- too bad they are closing -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2012too bad they are closing - they had the best brunch!Special Features:
- It was one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2012It was one of my favorite restaurants - so sad to see them close!Special Features:
- They ran out of coffee cupsRannyAlexanderDined on 4/15/2012They ran out of coffee cups for brunch, which the waitress apologized for. It was a colder day and a little colder in there than I had expected. We all wanted to keep our coats on, but didn't want to wear them the whole time so we went next door and got coffee to go from the bookstore next door and brought it over. We sat in the middle of the room and there was a lot of noise. I felt myself having to almost yell at my friends in the round table of 4 of us. The food was really good, except they overcooked one of our guests eggs-benedict. They were really nice about fixing it, but between the lack of coffee mugs and her having to send her plate back, I was surprised they didn't offer to get dessert or something on the house.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.denverVIPDined on 4/14/2012Excellent food and service. Surprisingly loud for brunch as they were packed--but everything else was first rate.Special Features:
- Had a fine experience. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Had a fine experience. We celebrated both Easter and our anniversary. Menu seemed limited for a holiday brunch. Food was very good, just took a while to decipher the menu. Food was a little complex for my taste, to many competing tastes and textures. Perhaps I am just a simpleton! I would go back and try dinner, bit I prefer a more traditional brunch.
- Food was fab. The pork bellyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/8/2012Food was fab. The pork belly hash was out of this world. Best of all was the wait staff. He yucked it with us just right. Yep, he got a gret tip!Special Features:
- We went to Encore for EasterLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 4/8/2012We went to Encore for Easter Brunch, and it delivered what I have come to expect - interesting dishes, well prepared, very delicious and slightly unsual. Nice work!Special Features:
- Been to all the brunch placesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012Been to all the brunch places in Denver: Snooze, Root Down, Lola, Jelly, etc... Encore is the best. It is a great looking restaurant.Special Features:
- I go to Encore quite frequentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/7/2012I go to Encore quite frequently - it is consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- I generally have great thingsDinerDonVIPDined on 4/7/2012I generally have great things to say about the food, but this time my meat came out very different from what I had requested. Disappointing.Special Features:
- We were looking for a newOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/7/2012We were looking for a new place to have brunch and found Encore via good reviews here, and it did not disappoint! Get ready for a unique and delicious menu with fabulous service. Surprisingly it was uncrowded for a Saturday brunch, and I don't want to ruin our secret place...but it was great!Special Features:
- For us, the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2012For us, the restaurant was way too loud. We were relieved to leave. Staff very friendly and good. I prefer for lunch.Special Features:
- Will be backJamy8522VIPDined on 4/1/2012My husband and I were very impressed by the food and service at Encore. We decided to order several small plates and we were not disappointed by any of them. Must memorable was the grilled artichokes and the mussels. Delicious! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Encore is one of the bestRestaurantBoyVIPDined on 3/31/2012Encore is one of the best "neighborhood" restaurants in Denver. Consistently good food & service, paired with a good location and a nice atmosphere. They've got a terrific covered patio for the nice weather, too.Special Features:
- Good food, convenient neighborhoodBobInDenverDined on 3/31/2012Good food, convenient neighborhood place, right next to the Tattered Cover. On the high end of moderate pricing. The menu is creative, but relatively small. The combinations of items usually include something that one of us can't eat, but they are very willing to make substitutions for allergies and sensitivities. The patio is also very pleasant in season.Special Features:
- Excellent food and very convenientBondelevVIPDined on 3/28/2012Excellent food and very convenient with the nearby shops. I had the felafel burger which was truly outstanding and at least twice as much food as I could eat. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great place to stop in beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2012Great place to stop in before a movie at the Cineflix. You can get a light easy dinner to a full evening meal.Special Features:
- The food at Encore is alwaysFridaynightdinerVIPDined on 3/23/2012The food at Encore is always delicious. There are not a wide range of entrees listed on the menu but they usually have specials that are excellent if maybe a little pricey. Service is always above average. One minor criticism is that they do not bring bread to the table unless you request it. We would visit Encore much more regularly but the noise level is a continuous problem that makes any conversation difficult. As a result we only go there when we really begin to miss their food.Special Features:
- Always great food and seervice.TheresaVIPDined on 3/14/2012Always great food and seervice. Unfortunately a little too pricey to really be a neighborhood "go to" hang out very often, although the fantastic burger and fries are still a great value. I would like to be able to afford to go and eat something more healthy at a reasonable price (salads are pretty expensive for the size, but they definitely have quality ingredients are are well put together - just small for a meal type salad). I would love to be able to go once a week (or more!) - when I can afford to splurge a little every few weeks, I really enjoy Encore.Special Features:
- I had the special meal forDenverbethVIPDined on 3/9/2012I had the special meal for 5280 week and it was spectacular.Special Features:
- Portions were skimpy, evenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012Portions were skimpy, even for a 52.80 menu, the Brussel sprouts that came with my 4 pieces of pork tenderloin were charred and inedible. The panna cotta tasted like a dollop of sour cream with sugar in it. All in all, I was not impressed by this restaurant, nor will I go back.
- Very creative menu for 5280OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012Very creative menu for 5280 festival and the food was very good. The pork was very tender and the beet risotto with goat cheese was fascinating. The taste was great however I don't know that I would want it as a whole entree. The service was extremely professional. The restaurant can be noisy to where it can be hard to hear. We saw a movie at the Film Center and were so happy to be able to walk to a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- Great entrance. Was restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012Great entrance. Was restaurant week place was hoppin. Was a little loud but had reservation got seated quickly and had a great waiter. Menu was fun, delightful and tasty. Place is next door to Tattered Cover Book Store and was interesting to stroll through mabazine section after dinner. Enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:
- Went to Encore for DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Went to Encore for Denver Restaurant Week and it was delicious! The service was prompt and friendly. I would definitely come again -- we were told there's great brunch.Special Features:
- We liked the friendly atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012We liked the friendly atmosphere, the attention to detail, and the accessibility of the owners. The food was wonderful, and the wines were exceptional, especially as priced. This was our first time at your restaurant, and we will certainly return (maybe with friends).Special Features:
- Our first time at Encore.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/29/2012Our first time at Encore. Made the reservation for an early dinner before a movie at the film festival. what a great find! a lovely restaurant in the heart of Colfax, sophisticated, modern, great food and excellent service. Had their "5280" menu, but would like to go back and sample the regular fare. Good prices and a decent Proseco!Special Features:
- We went for the 5280 weekAFLSVIPDined on 2/27/2012We went for the 5280 week and had the vegatarian diner and my wife had the trout and booth were excellant. Kris did a wonderful job as waitress.Special Features:
- Slow and inattentive service.AlaKitchenDined on 2/26/2012Slow and inattentive service. Eggs were cold and English muffin, the store bought type, was barely toasted. Friend tried the poassole (not sure of spelling) and thought it was so-so. Nice presentation but food falls short on taste.
- The appetizers as well asSarahVIPDined on 2/25/2012The appetizers as well as dinner food was average. The dessert was the highlight of the meal. Overall, it was a good dining experience as the service was excellent and the atmosphere enjoyable.Special Features:
- I went to Encore right afterliziisDined on 2/22/2012I went to Encore right after it opened and really like the decore, seating and food. I was let down when I returned in Feb 2012 in all three of those areas. I recalled a nice glow of lights and some nice booths. Now it seems less interesting and less city chic. This time, I had the Brussel sprouts which were very good, with bacon. But my salmon entree was very bacon-y too. Seems like bacon was the overpowering flavor of too many menu options.
- Very let down!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/19/2012Our disappointment comes down to the service by our waiter. My mom and I both ordered the special of the day (lump crab frittatas) based upon the description of our waiter on how "wonderful" they are. Unfortunately, when we got our food there was little crab in our frittatas (the waiter had said they would be stuffed full of crab) and they were also VERY salty. Also, my wife ordered a decaf coffee and it took nearly 20 minutes to be "brewed" (he'd forgotten) and he never came around to ask her for refills. I also had a coke, which sat empty the whole of brunch with no acknowledgment of a need to be refilled. We know that Encore makes good food and hope that future experiences (if any) will be much improved.
- Always great food!! AlwaysjlcdenverDined on 2/18/2012Always great food!! Always a little too noisy.....
- Good Food from a Slow KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/17/2012Enjoyed our dinner at Encore prior to a concert at the Arts Center next door. We arrived at 6:20, were promptly seated and ordered only a main course and a glass of wine. We did not get served until 7:25, which made us nearly late...so don't go if you have a following event. Food was excellent. Had a grilled chicken breast with risotto in a beurre rouge that was a great take on comfort food. Girlfriend has a super tenderloin that she said was delightful with the Malbec.Special Features:
- Fabulous Fare!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012The food was amazing. The staff was friendly and made us feel very welcome. Our server was attentive and made some great suggestions about the food. I will be coming back.Special Features:
- Excellent spot. Was pleasantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Excellent spot. Was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't sure what to expect, as I slacked off & forgot to make a Valentine's reso anywhere. Encore got us in, food was great, wine was great, service was great. Will DEFINITELY be back. Thanks-Special Features:
- Too NoisyDoniDined on 2/11/2012We would not go again during a busy time because it was impossible to have a conversation....way too loud!!Special Features:
- We have often enjoyed eatingTomsgirlVIPDined on 2/5/2012We have often enjoyed eating at Encore, aware that it tends to be somewhat noisy due to the acoustics. However, last Sunday there were two large parties and the noise was deafening. The hostess, aware of this, found a table at the back of the bar, where we could at least hear each other talk. Something should be done to soften the hard surfaces so that customers are offered a more enjoyable experience. Had it not been for that table we'd have left.Special Features:
- What a nice surprise to findJanetCVIPDined on 1/21/2012What a nice surprise to find a really good restaurant right next to my favorite book and music stores! I will tell my friends for sure.Special Features: