11651 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ensushi.com/
- Phone: 3104771551
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:45 - 2:15pm. Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday, 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Thursday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 11:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from En Sushi
Step into one of LA’s most beautiful sushi restaurants and experience a social and sensory delight! En Sushi offers a full lunch, dinner and bar menu. Exotic premium sakes, sumptuous cuisine and a great crowd makes this spot one of LA’s best kept secrets – a regular spot not only for its local residents but also business guests and large parties. IMPORTANT: It should be noted that online reservations do not apply to happy hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
En Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great service, delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/6/2012Great service, delicious food. Recommend the appetizer combo/sampler to share for two or three or could be entree for one.Special Features:
- Sit at the bar and have YoshiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/22/2012Sit at the bar and have Yoshi serve up the omakase!Special Features:
- Quick service and helpfulfuntoeatoutVIPDined on 4/20/2012Quick service and helpful waiter. Happy to honor Opentable diners and the sushi rolls were unique and good.Special Features:
- if you like crazy sushi rolls,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2012if you like crazy sushi rolls, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- The food and the venue wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/13/2012The food and the venue were great. They need to step up the service, we only saw our waitress when she took the order (by then we ordered drinks and food) once to check on us (we asked for the check) then when she came up for it.
- food is very consistent..serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2012food is very consistent..service was good..fun place to go..enjoyable..Special Features:
- The food was very good andFoodieForeverDined on 3/24/2012The food was very good and we would have ordered more but our waitress never came back not to mention she forgot to order two of the things we did order in the first place. Unfortunately we left hungry due to bad service.Special Features:
- Really friendly staff. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012Really friendly staff. Very attentive. Sushi was fresh and presented beautifully. Portions were good and priced well for L.A. I'd go back.
- My friend and I went on aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2012My friend and I went on a Thursday night; overall, it was the perfect place to have a soulful chat with a friend (or a date).Special Features:
- came in for a bday dinner.eatnsleepVIPDined on 2/10/2012came in for a bday dinner. reservations ahead of time was nice...the place was slightly full. the food was not up to my expectations, i thought the sushi could have been a little better. overall, prices are normal, so don't expect high prices or amazing quality food.Special Features:
- Fabulous sushi! Wonderful,1officediva2VIPDined on 2/3/2012Fabulous sushi! Wonderful, attentive service! We will be back!Special Features:
- Overall a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2012Overall a nice experience. Nice and friendly place with good food and good service. We will return here again!Special Features:
- Could be betterRandyVIPDined on 1/6/2012Had the garlic edamamee (sp)...way over salted... other sushi was a bit fishy. One dish that my friend had was very good...the yellowtail.
- It was New Year's Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2012It was New Year's Day and they were understaffed, but made a good effort.
- orOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2011Excellent find for neighborhood Japanese. Many unknown and creative dishes. Good crowd and relatively inexpensive. $50 for two, w/ tipSpecial Features:
- Great waiter who was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/17/2011Great waiter who was very nice. Food was not bad, but not the best sushi. Prices were decent.Special Features:
- A Japanese restaurant on theOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 12/16/2011A Japanese restaurant on the Westside where the staff actually speaks Japanese?? Wow. A modern, authentic, tasteful and ultimately great value for the quality of the food, service and surroundings. Go!Special Features:
- Fine Dining Sushi ExperienceCulvercityDined on 12/10/2011En Sushi surpassed our expectations in every way. First I would like to note that the interior design of this restaurant was both impressive and inviting. A pleasing architectural acheivement. The sushi was inventive, extremely fresh, beautifully prepared and delicious. This is not your typical sushi, but rather more of a fine dining sushi experience. The hamachi was outstanding, the crispy rice baked scallop had a lovely mix of texture and spice. The salmon roe was so good we had to order more. My daughter really enjoyed her tempura and udon noodles. The prices were extremely reasonable for the quality. We will be back!Special Features:
- Went here on a whim. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2011Went here on a whim. They happened to be open later than other sushi bars. Pretty solid sushi but nothing stood out.
- Our waitress did her job wellOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/22/2011Our waitress did her job well but was a bit on the gruff side. Otherwise, a good experience.Special Features:
- Excellent service. Great serverWestenderVIPDined on 11/2/2011Excellent service. Great server and attentive host. Uni, salmon and hamachi sashimi were excellent as was the en fusion roll. The special rolls (giant lobster/explosion) were only average as was the beef tataki, but very good soft shell crab miso soup. The banana spring roll dessert was excellent.Special Features:
- I was looking for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/27/2011I was looking for a place for late night dinner and stumbled upon this restaurant. I was very impressed with the decor when I walked in for my reservations. It has a really great vibe for a sushi restaurant, dark wood, great layout. Unfortunately, for me, the food did not live up to the decor. The sushi left a lot to be desired, much of it had a very fishy taste, which I know is an odd thing to say since sushi is fish... but when you have good sushi, you truly taste the essence of each indevidual fish... at En Sushi everything had a strangely similar fishy flavor. It makes me wonder how the fish is stored or the quality of the fish. In conclusion, I had high hopes for this place, but unfortunately it fell very short.
- Went for lunch with colleaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2011Went for lunch with colleagues and had very good service and good sushi. Will go again.Special Features:
- Our favorite neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2011Our favorite neighborhood sushi restaurant. We always order garlic green beans, udon noodles, spicy scallop sushi and tempura. The appetizer plate is good too. Service has been a little slow the last couple of visits.Special Features:
- The food is fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/28/2011The food is fantastic and always consistent! Even when there are tables available, I often prefer to eat at the bar because it's so much fun. HIghly recommend En Sushi - it's great for vegetarian and vegans, too!Special Features:
- The food is always good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011The food is always good. The service is generally mediocre - but its worth it.
- Spent $75 on lunch. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/15/2011Spent $75 on lunch. Food was good but not that good.
- Far more than a traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2011Far more than a traditional sushi bar (although that is available), En offers a tremendous variety of menu options, innovative preparation, and fresh, tasty ingredients. Try it; you'll like it!Special Features:
- It was a really rainy dayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2011It was a really rainy day so there weren't that many people (or maybe we were just having dinner late, too). Our server was nice and was honest about the food. i had the sashimi dinner and the fish was fresh and nice size pieces, too -- and those are two reasons enough to make me happy when it comes to raw fish. My guest had the black cod, I'd have to ask how it was.
- En sushi is my go-to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/17/2011En sushi is my go-to place in West LA for sushi and a great dinner! They have an extensive regular menu and another entire specials menu. As a vegetarian, there's tons for me to eat and I love their Volcano Tofu! The staff is always courteous, helpful and professional. And, if you sit at the bar, you'll have fun talking with the female bartender - she's hilarious! My friends say the fish is fresh and tasty. In all, I go there one or two times a month and it is consistently great food.Special Features:
- one of our favorite neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/4/2011one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. good food and service, fair prices. comfy atmosphere. we will be back.Special Features:
- That was my third time backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/20/2011That was my third time back at En Sushi and I reminded myself that I needed to keep coming back as it was an absolutely wonderful experience! The food was delicious - fine cuts of fish at very fair prices - and the waitress was very friendly and efficient, she was incredibly helpful with excellent suggestions. All-in-all, a perfect experience!Special Features:
- Pretty good sushi, but soupLuvfoodDined on 2/12/2011Pretty good sushi, but soup and tea needs to be hotter, and a bit more attention. Otherwise, pretty goodSpecial Features:
- We've dined here on severalOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/29/2011We've dined here on several occasions. This time we were disappointed by some dishes. We used to love the black cod that was simple and delicious, it has been changed and is over complicated. Some dishes were greasy. We will try again, and hope the over "designed" dishes would be more simplified in order to enjoy the fresh clean flavors that make great sushi and sushimi.
- Nice restaurant that was openOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2010Nice restaurant that was open on Christmas day. The food in general was great. I would say the portion for the black cod was a bit small for what we paid. The sushi was good, not great. Service was very slow. Only 1 waiter for the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- I'm very selective about sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2010I'm very selective about sushi restaurants, and this one was very good. I'd recommend it.Special Features:
- Food is good for the price,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2010Food is good for the price, but service is a hit or miss. The waiter argued with me about what kind of eel goes on a dragon roll. They brought out sea eel instead of fresh water. I've personally NEVER seen sea eel on a dragon roll, and the waiter insisted on arguing with me about it instead of just bringing me another one graciously.
- Excellent Service and fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2010Excellent Service and fantastic food. Very creative sushi offerings along with standard fare. Full bar is a plus along with the always cheery staff.Special Features:
- Waiter should have spent moreclothVIPDined on 7/9/2010Waiter should have spent more time taking care of customers as opposed to watching chefs.
- I used to come here from timeKristinVIPDined on 3/22/2010I used to come here from time to time when I was in college and loved it, and now I come from time to time for business lunches and feel like things have slid far downhill. Ambience is still on the ok side, and prices are moderate, but there really is something left to be desired here. Food is all on the 'just ok' and the servive is really slow. I was here for a meeting and there were maybe only three other diners in the restaurant yet it was nearly impossible to get a server over to the table. There's nothing I hate more than feeling like you can never find a server when you want one. Not terrible, but I feel there are far better sushi options out there.