Emporium Thai Cuisine
1275 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Emporium Thai Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ethaicuisine.com/
- Phone: 3104782838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:30PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Chef Gina Sungkamee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please visit us at www.eThaiCuisine.com for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Emporium Thai Cuisine has been sharing the wonderful flavors of authentic Thai food with our customers for over 12 years. We offer an extensive private dining service, working closely with our clients to create a memorable dining experience and unique event.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8888763396
A word from Emporium Thai Cuisine
We are Southern Thai Specialty Restaurant serving Los Angeles community since 2000. Awarded with Top 100 Best Thai Restaurant in USA. Indulge and experience our great cuisine, we proudly offer our guests an outstanding selection of Thai dishes, prepared with fresh natural ingredients, exotic native spices and fresh herbs for your dining pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emporium Thai Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- one of the worst tasting Thai foodckml6648Dined on 9/12/2014Service is ok, but taste is bad. We ordered three items recommended from the menu, all tasted poorly. I wonder what the rest of the menu will taste like. The salad is not vegetable, it is deep fried leaves. The chicken in the curry has no taste. The beef was overcooked.
- Great place to dine!DCEaterVIPDined on 8/23/2014I came in with two friends. We got here about 20 minutes before the kitchen closed. We were able to order before they closed the kitchen. The food was still great! I would consider returning. They were slightly pushy during our experience, so try to arrive about an hour before they close to avoid that.Special Features:
- Friendly Staff, Vegetarian-friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/14/2014My friend is vegetarian (no eggs, no fish sauce). There is a vegetarian section on the menu, and the owner and staff were very accommodating and went out of their way to ensure we had an outstanding dining experience. We greatly enjoyed the food, including the mango salad and the sticky rice with mango, and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslabradorDined on 8/11/2014We shared chicken satay to start which we enjoyed. For mains I chose a one of the Thai curries- it was really nice and quite hot even though it was rated as three which is average ( you can choose the level of hotness on a scale of 1-10). The food was all delicious and nicely presented. The only slight niggle was that there was a long wait between both of us receiving our mains-we would have preferred if they had both arrived at the same time. The server was friendly and helpful when we were choosing our dishes. We had a relaxing time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salads Are GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014There are 2 salads I really enjoy at Emporium Thai - the ripe mango salad with peanuts, veggies and a light, tart dressing and the morning glory salad with tempura fried morning glory, shrimp, cilantro and a light, tart dressing. The sweetened sticky rice with coconut sorbet is also quite nice.
- MikeyVIPDined on 7/9/2014Disappointing, especially after reading reviews here and on Yelp. We've had great Thai food, but this isn't it. Low point: "Take Out" glossy paper menus are the in-dining menus.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Emporium Thai Cuisine reviews archive.
- Mediocre Service and FoodLAdinerDined on 6/29/2014This was one of the worst Thai restaurants I have eaten in. The service was deficient. We ordered 4 main dishes, and two arrived 20 minutes later than the first two. I asked for chopsticks twice and never received them. The food was not the standard Thai cuisine and was disappointing to boot. Only one of the 4 dishes ordered was very good. Even though we asked for mild rather than spicy the food was too spicy. For some reason the speaker was playing somewhat annoying rather than soothing music. All in all the experience was disappointing in comparison to the run of the mill Thai restaurant.
- Better than mostcw1989Dined on 4/11/2014In general, the food was good. Service was excellent. Ambiance was nice. Food - I really enjoyed the recommended 'Crying Tiger Beef'. Beef was cooked just right and the sauces were flavourful [and quite spicy]. If the 'Pad Prik King' [pork belly] was as good as Crying Tiger Beef, this would warrant an easy 4 stars. The pork belly was cooked perfectly, but the flavour of the disk was fairly imbalanced. It was overbearingly sweet and sauce covered most of the plate. Dessert [Fried Banana with Coconut Ice Cream] was pretty good. Nothing spectacular though. Service - Great service. $$$ service for $$ food. Not bad at all. Cost & Portion Size - Price is reasonable for the quality of the food, but portions are a bit small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an authenic Thai meal!foodieDined on 4/5/2014This is a beloved family run restaurant with the best Thai food in Los Angeles! Wonderful ambiance, a true gem on the westside, warm and friendly with terrific service, and consistently the most truly authentic and delicious Thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While this is not a huge restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014While this is not a huge restaurant John the manager happily accommodated my party of 13 and set up a beautiful long table. Coming from the East coast, I agreed to make arrangements for our group knowing we had vegans, vegetarians and meatarians in our group! Everyone was thrilled with the choices, food was delicious and the service was warm, friendly and prompt. We had dishes from their family recipe of Southern Curry to more traditional soups and Pad Thai...again delicious. The portions were generous, the ingredients were fresh and it was a fabulous dining experience that made all 13 of us happy even though we had vastly different dining requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too shabbyDrShorterVIPDined on 3/11/2014I know that "not too shabby" isn't exactly the best review, but for West LA, having a reliable Thai place is a pretty good thing. I'm impressed with the service at this place. The coconut milk soup was only so so. The appetizers were friend and oily. But the wine selections were perfect for Thai options and the coconut mango rice dessert was one of the best I've had in LA. So you take the good, you take the so-so, and it's not too shabby. The manager is very very nice. They aim to please there.Special Features:
- We enjoyed dining there, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014We enjoyed dining there, and we will be coming back soon. Their Thai food is as good a we have had anywhere.Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedvenerDined on 1/29/2014The food was not as good as expected. The list of food they offered for dine LA was very limited. I ordered meat and my wife ordered chicken curry. Sadly, the meat was not tender and I had to struggle with it even while using a knife. The curry also wasn't as tasteful as compared to other Thai restaurants. They were surely overpriced. It also gave us the notion that dine LA was overrated.
- Thai cuisineAnnaDined on 1/29/2014Great restaurant, the service was excellent, very friendly people and most of all the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful, but spicy!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2014Went during Restaurant Week. Just as before, the food was nicely prepared. Started with the Mango Salad with Shrimp and Peanuts. Main course was Green Curry Chicken. Waitress asked how spicy I wanted it and I said not spicy at all. It was delivered quite spicy, but nicely flavored so I just grinned and bared it while wiping my nose. The final course was a lovely coconut sorbet. I believe they poured sweet coconut cream over it. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good Pre-Theater ThaiBeingVIPDined on 1/11/2014Good Pre-Theater Thai food for before the Geffen Theater. Friendly service. They have a range of heat for their dishes on a numbered scale. When one dish came out too spicy, they happily replaced it w/ a more mild version. I will eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LoveroflifeDined on 1/5/2014I do not hold people to unreasonable expectations. The manager/server remembered my wife by name even though we had only one prior visit 4 months prior. The food is authentic Thai (according to my Thai wife). The menu is very unique compared to most items you find at other Thai establishments. They even have regional specialties. I highly recommend you try them.Special Features:
- sweet sticky ricepianomanDined on 12/21/2013Of all of the exceptional things I could write about, I'll simply mention their sweet sticky rice with pumpkin custard, which was delicious.Special Features:
- Great ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2013The menu includes a good selection of vegitarian dishes and excellent curry choices that do not include the cloying sweetness of coconut milk. They still offer the coconut milk curries if that is what you like. I will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- dinner with Vegan friendsFiniVIPDined on 11/9/2013it was the perfect place for a lovely Vegan dinner, large variety and very tasty and healthy options. Finally a good Thai Restaurant in Westwood.Special Features:
- Before the GeffenSandyjkVIPDined on 7/21/2013We enjoyed the variety of food at this Thai restaurant in Westwood. All dishes were plentiful and tasty.Special Features:
- Awesome Mango/Shrimp SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2013Had to try dinela menu...started with the mango shrimp salad. I don't know why this gem is not packed with people just to eat that wonderful dish. So refreshing on a summer day. But...then came the curry with chicken. Normally a solid Thai dish...but it had strange thick julienne of jicama! Please, stay with bamboo shoot strips or at least potato, that ruined the dish for me. Third course was a fabulous coconut ice cream. Such a nice end to any meal. Still dreaming of that mango/shrimp salad...Special Features:
- I saw this at open tableCarolinesCatsDined on 6/28/2013The food was good the ambiance was very nice and it was quiet enough to have a conversation. The Thai food was very mild I guess they thought that all Americans can't tolerate seasoning. If you go there tell them you want it a LITTLE spiceSpecial Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/23/2013This is a great local spot and if you love Thai it is a place you should definitely check out. The food is fresh and they have a large menu so there is always something new to try. The staff is super friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent family Thai restaurantLarooVIPDined on 4/12/2013This was a really nice find on the other side of Wilshire. Excellent and authentic Thai dishes, including some family restaurant. John, who I think is the owner, was very welcoming and helpful. His sister is the chef and everything was delicious and came to the table at the right temperature and spiciness. Nice atmosphere, upscale but comfortable. Attentive but not obtrusive service. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been better.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/9/2013Couldn't have been better. I was full, but the other couple loved the food so much that they ordered more. We agreed and we all kept eating. Dessert too.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2013Absolutely wonderful meal and great, friendly, service! Just delicious, and would definitely go back for more.Special Features:
- So good! Can't believe weOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/15/2013So good! Can't believe we are just discovering this gem. The food is fantastic - the family who owns the place is absolutely lovely - attentive and provides perfect service. We will go often and will tell everyone we know.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/19/2013Absolutely fantastic food, great ambience and excellent service! Love this place. Hands down best Thai in LA.Special Features:
- It was just okay. The chickenPKitty319VIPDined on 7/11/2012It was just okay. The chicken was very nice and they used white meat. However the curries and sauces did not compare to other thai restaurants I have been to.
- Good casual Thai cuisine,AmirVIPDined on 3/4/2012Good casual Thai cuisine, good service, very reasonable price for quality foodSpecial Features:
- Food-borne illness - never again.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2011Unfortunately the sweet & sour tofu made my bf terribly sick. This man never is sick. Everything else ordered we shared except for that dish. We know without a doubt that it was only this meal that caused the food-borne sickness. It makes me extremely sad to say we will not be patronizing this restaurant ever again. It was our favourite on the westside.
- Emporium is a family rum ThaiKenRVIPDined on 11/6/2011Emporium is a family rum Thai restaurant, which we have enjoyed many times. On this visit, we brought a guest from Japan and another guest who had lived in Southeast Asia for many years, and who was a "food buff". They were both VERY impressed. This is "traditional" Thai food - unlike that served by many other Thai restaurants. Highly recommended. And don;'t hesitate to ask the staff for tradiional Thai food recommendations.Special Features:
- Not too impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2011I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say that this was kind of a dud. Went there for lunch and although the restaurant was not packed -- the service was very slow. It was very unclear who our waiter was and when someone finally took our order they weren't familiar with the menu at all. Our food came out very sporadically and although we ordered two orders of the same appetizer they came out many minutes apart from each other. We waited so long that the waiter tried to bring us our dessert before we even got our entree. The food was good but it was clear that they need to get some help. If you have some time to kill maybe its worth a try but don't go if you have a limited amount of time.
- Went for Dine LA Week lunch.JimsmomVIPDined on 10/5/2011Went for Dine LA Week lunch. Waitress didn't even know there was a menu for it. Food was OK ... nothing special. Waited over 15 minutes for dessert (scoop of coconut ice cream) to be served. Bill arrived at table before dessert. Had to ask three time.
- The people are very nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2011The people are very nice and the food very authentic! Parking is difficult and the service is uneven due to the fact that they do mostly food delivery orders.Special Features:
- Awesome Thai Food Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011I chose Emporium Thai for a catch up dinner with one of my best friends who was back in town. It was a nice walk from UCLA and they honored our late arrival with no problem. We ordered a simple dish to please my american palate and a spicier dish that was delicious even when it burned my poor mouth! The waiters allowed us to stay for hours to talk and catch up and the ambiance was comfortable and cozy. I will definitely return to this Thai food restaurant again!Special Features: