One Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bostonempire.com/
- Phone: 6172950001x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Hours: Sunday - 5PM-10PM, Monday - 5PM-12AM, Tuesday & Wednesday - 5PM-11PM, Thursday & Friday - 5PM-12AM, Saturday - 5PM-1AM
Bar Hours: Sunday - 5PM-11PM , Monday - 4:30-1AM, Tuesday & Wednesday - 4:30PM-12AM, Thursday - 4:30PM-1AM, Friday - 4:30PM-2AM & Saturday - 4:30PM-2AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary Asian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Long
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Empire
Operated by the award-winning Big Night Entertainment Group, Empire is a 14,000-square-foot boutique Asian restaurant and lounge located in the Seaport area of Boston, just steps from the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Empire offers a tantalizing menu from executive Chef Kevin Long (Tosca, Shrine, Red Lantern, GEM, Scorpion Bar), stylized interior and ethereal atmosphere that will transport guests to another world. With a capacity of 600 guests and three 40-seat private dining rooms that open up to one large private event space, Empire can accommodate groups of all sizes for receptions and seated dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Empire - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Empire reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (103)vibrant bar scene (95)hot spot (83)special occasion (77)fit for foodies (69)late-night find (45)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (8)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- CaroclepVIPDined on 7/10/2014We were celebrating my birthday and really enjoyed ourselves thanks to great service and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!MikeDined on 7/5/2014Empire was incredible. Unbelievable Asian-fusion food & impeccable service. Our waiter provided great recommendations, and then timed the arrival of all the dishes perfectly. I can't believe we waited so long to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodroncVIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent food go with an empty stomach and empty frige for leftovers tons of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014Over priced for the food, but I think it would be a fun bar scene in the eveningSpecial Features:
- EatoutalotEatoutalotVIPDined on 7/2/2014It was ok. I think it's very pricy for Asian food. Food was just ok, nothing outstanding. Great venue for big parties, great atmospher. No parking.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerrzerVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is a fantastic place to eat. Our food was delicious and fresh and our waiter was awesome! Was a birthday dinner and we were given some extra treats. What a nice touch. Can not say enough good about this place. We went early but I do know that the bar scene is hopping later onSpecial Features:
- food never wows mecbbbbDined on 6/26/2014This is my third time at empire and the food is always so so. Not the best place to get a great meal that is delicious. The drinks however are really good and the decor is amazing, can't say that about the quality of the meals.
- Great food, drinks and funMarkVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great atmosphere, food and very good service! We were treated to a complimentary appetizer because I am an OpenTable user. Lively place but not at the expense of great service or quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmieVIPDined on 6/18/2014We have been to the Empire quite a few times over the last two years. The quality of the food isn't as good as it use to be. The waitress was excellent but we noticed that there were quite a few wait staff and helpers but our table wasn't cleared that quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just so-so, service greatellenglovskyVIPDined on 6/17/2014The food at Empire was just OK, and VERY expensive. We ordered the lobster scallion pancake, which had no lobster and very little flavor. They very graciously removed that item from our bill. The chicken and veg dumplings were delicious, hot and crispy and the short rib moo shu was moist and flavorful. All in all, I'd say the food is OK, and the service was excellent, attentive and gracious.
- JKrisDined on 6/15/2014Great food. Great service. Music could have been a bit less thumping base but overall a good time.Special Features:
- ScarlettDined on 6/12/2014It was a nice experience. Great food, drinks and music. The club/lounge style music gives you an impression of this place as a nice lounge place to hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highs & LowsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/10/2014A decent enough place and worth checking out. Some of the dishes were outstanding: Pot Stickers, Crisy Rice Salmon, Torched Yellow Tail, Soft Shell Maki, Lobster Cupcakes, Singapore Street Noodles. Some just OK: Chicken & Mushroom Dumplings, Rangoon, Lobster Scallion Pancake, Seaseme Chicken. Drinks were strong...which is always a plus. The Scorpion Bowl is beyond crazy. Service was quite friendly and lively. The place is HUGE, so don't get lost.Special Features:
- Love EmpireMaxxie5VIPDined on 6/6/2014Have been here many times. Drinks are inventive, food is outstanding and also inventive. Love the ambience, location in the Seaport and always have a great meal. From appetizers to sides and entrees, all are amazing and we have ordered different things each time and all are good which is hard to do at any restaurant anywhere. It is not just Chinese or sushi, it is a blend of all Asian dishes. Service is also very attentive yet not pushy or invasive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant meeting spot with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/31/2014Friendly and knowledgable bartenders, attentive wait staff. Noisy, if you are trying to carry on a conversation. Sushi was delicious, pad-tai was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a go to spotMIckJVIPDined on 5/31/2014Had a great table in the corner, solid service, food was very good, even though potstickers are so simple they just taste better at Empire. Portions are pretty large, some are definitely big enough to share.Special Features:
- YumkristenlpierceDined on 5/31/2014We had the potstickers, lobster scallion pancakes, pad thai and crab & lobster rangoon. The sauce for the scallion pancakes was too spicy...ask for a sweet one. The pad thai wasn't extremely flavorful. The potstickers were to die for as were the rangoons-I would definitely get those again. The wait staff was extremely attentive and pleasant. I definitely would go here againSpecial Features:
- fantasticsportsoundDined on 5/31/2014everything we ordered was outstanding. Even our leftovers were great the next day. Not the place for quiet conversation, though. This place is loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful and attentiveSheilzDined on 5/31/2014I had a great first time experience at Empire. I filled out the Open Table reservation and made a note that we were going there to celebrate a recent graduation - my friend had just earned her PhD. At the end of the dinner, our server brought over champagne and could not have been nicer about congratulating my friend....it really made her night. Really fun atmosphere for a Saturday night!Special Features:
- RicLoveNewPlaces1VIPDined on 5/29/2014My FAVORITE asian fusion spot in Boston. Love everything about this place. The menu is varied enough that when I go I can be tempted from sushi to steak. If you are in a mood for Pad Thai it's awesome. Highly recommend it. While its a bit price you definitely get your money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time at Empireccpf444Dined on 5/24/2014Some of the best sushi I have had. Would highly recommend the Salmon shashimi, its like butter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/23/2014Asian pear martini was delicious as were the specialty rolls. Service was great. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and servicechuckmac07VIPDined on 5/21/2014nothing really memorable (except the outfits worn by the bartenders and hostess...), but varied, expansive Asian menu prepared well and served in nice atmosphere. pretty pricey for Asian fare. not "WOW!" food-wise, but not bad at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 361 reviews are from the Empire reviews archive.
- Perfect Birthday EveningjcjannieDined on 5/16/2014We were a party of party of five for Dad's Birthday. Our server suggested that we order Tapa's style which suited everyone and allowed us to unwind by tasting the creative cocktails with each new course. The menu selections were innovative and everything was beautifully presented and flavorful. We were seated in an alcove which allowed us plenty of room to open gifts and to hear each other without staining. The rest of the dining room offered plenty of variety to suit any occasion and the open kitchen added excitement to the surroundings.Special Features:
- Great Food and Librations at EmpireSusaaanVIPDined on 5/15/2014We celebrated 2 birthdays at Empire and it provided the perfect backdrop for a celebration - fantastic food, wonderful waitress Yvonne, large and delicious cocktails!! We loved it and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unlimited Sushi amazingnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014My girlfriends and I wanted to come here for the unlimited sushi and great drinks. IT was $25 for all you can eat on Monday nights. I was NOT disappointed .. so delicious. You can order one plate at a time and its served super fast. Also the fried strawberries were to die for... The drinks are always a good bet and the bar scene is always pretty much full... We then left our table and sat over in the couch area.. very relaxed... the service was impeccable... at the table and at the bar. Keep up the nice work!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMikeFVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was fantastic. Service was even better. Waiter helped us customize what we ordered to meet exactly what we wanted.Special Features:
- MehJKLALG1Dined on 5/10/2014My bf and I really likes the decor of the place. The waitress recommended the sangria for two which was really good (even though it was a little weak). She also recommended the bibimbap which was bland without the sauce and the rice was very watery which we ended up not eating. The sashimi roll was mediocre as with the presentation of the sushi. Overall, my boyfriend and I would probably not come back for the dinning maybe just for the night life as the food was overly priced for the quality.Special Features:
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed Empire this past weekend. The decor is great, as are the staff and food. I would highly recommend Empire to go for a fun night out with friends or on a date. The location is easy to reach and there is plenty of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Cupcakes 😘NapaFoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2014The food is outstanding, the drinks are unusual and fun for four. The service from the manager to the bus person were top notch making the entire experience amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEmpireDined on 4/30/2014I really was surprised by the level of food and service at Empire. I knew the group owned a couple night clubs and restaurants in Foxwoods, but this was no theme restaurant. Well trained staff delivered food with meticulously detail and it was selections. The salmon rangoons, which were sent to us for being first time diners, were like nothing we had ever tried (in a good way!) The ambiance was fantastic but nothing compared to the fact a place this large could offer this personal of an experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!StarchildVIPDined on 4/26/2014Really enjoyed dining here... The hostesses get you coming back because the look spectacular... Food was awesome. Great flavors, not the usual bland tastes you get at Asian restaurants... Cambodian noodles is a big hit with me!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceAlohaDined on 4/25/2014Great food great fun! Could use quicker service when told it was going to happenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE Empire - Red LanternDaveVIPDined on 4/21/2014We have been to both Empire and Red Lantern and enjoy the entire experience time and again. Chef Kevin Long keeps the kitchen humming along with terrific food which the servers love to sell - great execution on both ends. Recently we took advantage of Boston restaurant week at Empire and were very impressed. YUM!!! Lemon grass wonton soup was to die for. We love the location and vibe at Empire and it is now our Asian go to restaurant. Specials are always well thought out- one stand out was the Spring Fried Rice with peas,chives and asparagus. EXCELLENT. Perfectly prepared food is made to look very casual here but don't be fooled - there is plenty of expertise behind every dish. Great music over an excellent sound system is just an added bonSpecial Features:
- Go for the experience, not the foodPilotJonesVIPDined on 4/19/2014Quite the scene that's very good for groups and for an all-in-one dinner and drinks night. Food is overpriced and a bit vulgar for my taste, heavy sauces cover up the taste of the fish, but the sushi is still enjoyable. I might recommend opting for the simpler sushi dishes. Service is quite good--we received a free appetizer of wagyu beef tartar since it was our first time dining at Empire.Special Features:
- Best Asian Food AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2014Always a fabulous time at Empire. Service is always top notch. Food fresh and delicious. Chef Kevin Long does an amazing job. Some day I'll save room for the Big Kahuna drink, served in a full watermelon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014This was my second time at Empire, but the first time for my wife and another couple we brought with us. The Asian inspired food was delicious. The service was timely and friendly . The drinks and apps were our favorites. Well worth the extra $$$ . Later that night the night life definitely blossomed, and the bar became packed with a varied age group of well dressed people. It was a lil too crowded for my tastes, but it happened to be the first warm night of the spring on a weekend in Boston. Great food , great people watching. A plus in the seaport district.Special Features:
- Beautiful and busyRogerODined on 4/9/2014Attentive and fashionable staff, food was delicious, atmosphere was large and busy. It's more see and be seen than intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch OutCheatedDined on 4/7/2014Bartender made an idiot out of me. I've been here a couple times and knew what drink I wanted. She charged me $3 more than the listed price. Only found out after I sat down at my table from the bar. Ruined my whole night. I don't like people making a fool out of me and that's what Empire is. You go to Empire NOT for the food, but for the ambiance and the experience. Well, they completely failed on the experience so there's no reason to pay for overpriced mediocre Asian food.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014The food was ok. Service below average. My entree was served 10 min after the rest of the table . Nothing like eating your good along. Pricing here always surprises me on upside. 4 people with modest drinks was 280. No wine. For that price I expect more. I've had much better good , better service at nicer restraunts for much less.