One Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bostonempire.com/
- Phone: 6172950001x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Hours: Sunday - 5PM-10PM, Monday - 5PM-12AM, Tuesday & Wednesday - 5PM-11PM, Thursday & Friday - 5PM-12AM, Saturday - 5PM-1AM
Bar Hours: Sunday - 5PM-11PM , Monday - 4:30-1AM, Tuesday & Wednesday - 4:30PM-12AM, Thursday - 4:30PM-1AM, Friday - 4:30PM-2AM & Saturday - 4:30PM-2AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary Asian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Long
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Empire
Operated by the award-winning Big Night Entertainment Group, Empire is a 14,000-square-foot boutique Asian restaurant and lounge located in the Seaport area of Boston, just steps from the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Empire offers a tantalizing menu from executive Chef Kevin Long (Tosca, Shrine, Red Lantern, GEM, Scorpion Bar), stylized interior and ethereal atmosphere that will transport guests to another world. With a capacity of 600 guests and three 40-seat private dining rooms that open up to one large private event space, Empire can accommodate groups of all sizes for receptions and seated dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Empire - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Empire reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (85)vibrant bar scene (85)hot spot (68)special occasion (64)fit for foodies (55)late-night find (38)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (20)scenic view (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Simply fantastic!campmom22VIPDined on 8/30/2014A favorite of ours for its delicious food and drinks, ambiance, service! It's a must go to place while in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love EmpireLoveNewPlaces1VIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been to Empire for both work related events and social dating. Always lively, food is awesome. I have never had anything bet a great experience. While I'm not a fan of Sushi my friends rave about it. I love the Korean Steak and am a fan of their Pad Thai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food, a bit priceyhrainVIPDined on 8/29/2014Had the Dine Out menu and was impressed. Great apps and meal, dessert was just average. Atmosphere is fantastic downbtobthe bathroom. Place could be a bit cheaper, $24 for pad Thai is a bit high ( although it is particularly good!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014We sat at the open kitchen bar. ..dinner and a show. Food was great.hot and sour soup was amazing. The cocktails were yummy. Complimentary dessert was a nice touch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not my vibe.JOHN02155VIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was good pan-Asian, but not stand-out excellent. Price was reasonable. Vibe was noisy young professionals, looked like a lot of "meet and greet." Music (not my taste) pretty loud. Hard to talk even at a table for 2. Service was very good, with good recommendations. Valet parking was excellent too. Good bar too, so I'm sure many people will like the place, but just not my ambience.
- Great birthday night!Sushi4SuzyPlzVIPDined on 8/20/2014Went with a few friends to celebrate my birthday. Our server Zoe (maybe Zoey?) helped us through the menu and answered our questions accordingly. Sushi was great, portions were very large but you certainly get what you pay for with the prices. Even though I didn't get dessert, they brought out a scoop of sorbet with a "happy birthday" cookie & a candle. I thought that was really sweet since they didn't have to do that! Overall nice night and it looks like they have an awesome bar and lounge area so I'd go back for some nightlife action some time too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceMMConnorDined on 8/20/2014Our waitress was excellent. Really attentive without being intrusive. Kindly asked if we were ready for our next course, before bringing to the table. That is so rare! Food was good. Music was a bit loud for easy conversation (early on a Wednesday evening).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Great food great service I would recommend this restaurant to all my family and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a groupKellyIVIPDined on 8/18/2014We went for the Monday night sushi special and were intrigued by the price. The sushi was fresh and very good. The menu for the Monday night special was pretty standard but heavy on the spicy options, so if you prefer more creative or less spicy options, this may not be the best process.Special Features:
- everything good except food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014We went for the all you can eat sushi and it was clear it wasn't fresh. Its a shame, maybe its my own fault for expecting something different but $25 is still a decent amount of money and I should expect some quality. Instead it was all about quantity with this deal. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Forgot dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We went for one reason, to celebrate my friends engagement. After leaving a note on the reservation and double checking with the hostess twice that the dessert with a "congratulations" was coming, nothing came. I was very disappointed in their attention to detail.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014love the dynamics of the restaurant design; conducive to have a good dining experience and fun gathering....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy food and serviceSeaportGuestVIPDined on 8/14/2014I eat out often (more than 5 x per week) and have been to Empire before. Last time I felt that I went to an overpriced Red Lantern with lower quality food and service. After my recent experience I felt the same. The ambiance at Empire is nice. But everything else is weak. If you are seeking a high quality dining experience in the Seaport area Legal harborside (second floor) or Del Friscos are much better options. I don't mind paying up for a great experience, but I don't like wasting money at places like Empire. Fortunately, my date and I ended the evening on a nice note by taking a cab to the Four Seasons and splitting the Tower cake for dessert.
- Great Flavors But....JemmyVIPDined on 8/13/2014The Flavors for very traditional Asian cuisine was exquisite but extremely over-priced. Can get food just as good if not better in Chinatown for a fraction of the cost!Special Features:
- Nice club with bad foodBostonphotobillVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have eaten at Empire several times. When they first opened the food was fairly good. Our last visit was just bad.they seem to have evolved into a club that pretends to be a restaurant early in the evening.Special Features:
- Unforgettable dining experienceDSKramerVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were in the area and wondered about a wise choice for dinner. Open Table presented several restaurants in the vicinity, but as a vegan this looked great. It's simply amazing! There's an open kitchen which bustles with apparent organization and energy. The dishes are so uniquely beautiful that it forces us to chat with people next us; "wow. What is that? I'll have one of those!" We were a bit over zealous and took a bag of leftovers home; they were still decadent morels the following day! We highly recommend that you get in on this!Special Features:
- Must trySLLFVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great cocktail list and outstanding food make Empire a must try. Also good for groups and late nite and has a vibrant bar crowd.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2014Great and creative food along with some of the nest desserts you will have anywhereSpecial Features:
- very goodwelltravelledfoodieDined on 7/30/2014White sangria not great. ... service fair. .. waitress was inexperienced. Did not appreciate NOT being offered tap water..ended up paying 10 dollars for plain bottle of water EOS we were coaxed into when offered plain or sparkling water. However. ...food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the best restaurants in BostonLove2dineDined on 7/28/2014Love Empire! It's one of my favorite places to hang out in Boston! If you're up to a nice fancy dinner or stopping by for a couple of drinks & appetizers or looking for a Saturday night fun experience... You can never go wrong! Awesome interior space, pleasant atmosphere and yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicDined on 7/25/2014Love it here. Food is delicious, the service was outstanding. The music was much too loud to have a conversation without straining your voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale ChineseDebbieDined on 7/23/2014Walking in there was a great vibe. The food was very good and ideal for large groups interested in sharing. The portions are very generous. The dumplings were the best I have had. A great twist on Chinese food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Went here for my birthday with a Gilt offer- was really excited to try Empire. The food was a disappointment. We order two appetizers, sushi and fried rice. The calamari didn't even come with a dipping sauce and the fried rice was nothing special. For the price we paid, I would have at least expected the service to be better. We ended up having to pay for an extra hour of parking because our waitress was so slow!
- norma286Dined on 7/19/2014the food was wonderful. Service fabulous. Our waiter Robert, was very helpful, in choosing our dinner. Request for seating in the upper area was honored. We had a great. PS... The vodka was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beevtDined on 7/19/2014Our waitress was outstanding. Food was very good. It was a little too loud in backgroundSpecial Features:
- AYCE SushiMons090Dined on 7/14/2014Beware that it is a limited menu but that being said the sushi that is available really is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly hosthungryasianVIPDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant is great for late night scene with friends. Our server is very nice and the restaurant gave us their signature dish to try for free. It was a good night, until my friend forgot her credit card at the restaurant, that we had to go back to the restaurant to retrieve it. One of the hostess was not helpful and seem annoyed that my friend asked for them to check for her credit card. My friend eventually got her credit card back but not without being given a snide look and unfriendly gesture by one of the hostess. Disappointing.Special Features:
- great food and lots of funIlovespicyfoodVIPDined on 7/11/2014food was delicious, especially lobster cupcakes and the spicy shrimp sushi dish. love the drinks here. After dinner, stayed on to hang by the bar, people watch, and dance, definitely will come back soon.Special Features:
- Imaginative food, top-notch serviceTheDishDined on 7/11/2014Date night. We ate in the lounge so we could relax and take in the scenery. The furniture and decor are luxurious and beautiful. Our server Julia really knew the menu and offered great suggestions. She never disappeared for long but didn't rush us between plates, either. We had the spicy salmon rice bites, a wagyu beef teppanyaki app, dragon roll, Singapore street noodles, and a divine chocolate nut raspberry dessert that blew our minds. Fun, imaginative cocktail menu. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- CaroclepVIPDined on 7/10/2014We were celebrating my birthday and really enjoyed ourselves thanks to great service and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!MikeDined on 7/5/2014Empire was incredible. Unbelievable Asian-fusion food & impeccable service. Our waiter provided great recommendations, and then timed the arrival of all the dishes perfectly. I can't believe we waited so long to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodroncVIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent food go with an empty stomach and empty frige for leftovers tons of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014Over priced for the food, but I think it would be a fun bar scene in the eveningSpecial Features:
- EatoutalotEatoutalotVIPDined on 7/2/2014It was ok. I think it's very pricy for Asian food. Food was just ok, nothing outstanding. Great venue for big parties, great atmospher. No parking.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerrzerVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is a fantastic place to eat. Our food was delicious and fresh and our waiter was awesome! Was a birthday dinner and we were given some extra treats. What a nice touch. Can not say enough good about this place. We went early but I do know that the bar scene is hopping later onSpecial Features:
- food never wows mecbbbbDined on 6/26/2014This is my third time at empire and the food is always so so. Not the best place to get a great meal that is delicious. The drinks however are really good and the decor is amazing, can't say that about the quality of the meals.
- Great food, drinks and funMarkVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great atmosphere, food and very good service! We were treated to a complimentary appetizer because I am an OpenTable user. Lively place but not at the expense of great service or quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmieVIPDined on 6/18/2014We have been to the Empire quite a few times over the last two years. The quality of the food isn't as good as it use to be. The waitress was excellent but we noticed that there were quite a few wait staff and helpers but our table wasn't cleared that quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just so-so, service greatellenglovskyVIPDined on 6/17/2014The food at Empire was just OK, and VERY expensive. We ordered the lobster scallion pancake, which had no lobster and very little flavor. They very graciously removed that item from our bill. The chicken and veg dumplings were delicious, hot and crispy and the short rib moo shu was moist and flavorful. All in all, I'd say the food is OK, and the service was excellent, attentive and gracious.
- JKrisDined on 6/15/2014Great food. Great service. Music could have been a bit less thumping base but overall a good time.Special Features: