One Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bostonempire.com/
- Phone: 6172950001x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Hours: Sunday - 5PM-10PM, Monday - 5PM-12AM, Tuesday & Wednesday - 5PM-11PM, Thursday & Friday - 5PM-12AM, Saturday - 5PM-1AM
Bar Hours: Sunday - 5PM-11PM , Monday - 4:30-1AM, Tuesday & Wednesday - 4:30PM-12AM, Thursday - 4:30PM-1AM, Friday - 4:30PM-2AM & Saturday - 4:30PM-2AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary Asian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Long
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Empire
Operated by the award-winning Big Night Entertainment Group, Empire is a 14,000-square-foot boutique Asian restaurant and lounge located in the Seaport area of Boston, just steps from the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Empire offers a tantalizing menu from executive Chef Kevin Long (Tosca, Shrine, Red Lantern, GEM, Scorpion Bar), stylized interior and ethereal atmosphere that will transport guests to another world. With a capacity of 600 guests and three 40-seat private dining rooms that open up to one large private event space, Empire can accommodate groups of all sizes for receptions and seated dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Empire - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Empire reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (103)vibrant bar scene (97)hot spot (82)special occasion (77)fit for foodies (66)late-night find (46)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Very good food and musicBCeagleDined on 9/19/2014Went here on a Friday night and had a blast. Food was great and the atmosphere was energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved EmpireFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere is very lively. The decore reminds me of NYC or South Beach. The food and service were both excellent. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interested to try againMish2702Dined on 9/16/2014I had been excited to try Empire after hearing about it and seeing it on Chronicle. I didn't think the menu had as many options as I would've liked, but the food I got was good. We had a really nice waiter, who did not rush us and was helpful with our questions. The decor is beautiful and it is gigantic - so if you are having a large group or private party, they have lots of options. I am scheduled to go back in a few weeks for their sushi Monday, which I think is an awesome deal. Obviously, I would go back here againSpecial Features:
- ldub10Dined on 9/13/2014The food here was fantastic, and we received excellent service. It's a little loud for just a date night, but seems to be great for large groups of people. We let our server pick our meal, and we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the visitshagsDined on 9/13/2014Visited Empire for my anniversary. The menu offered a good selection, the meals we selected were very good, the service was great, the environment was loud but in a way that was more energetic than annoying. My wife and I are not drinkers but the coctain menu looked awesome.Special Features:
- Unexpected Asian TreatDinerkjDined on 9/6/2014I expected sushi but found it to be so much more. The photos on the website don't do the décor justice. Loved the ambiance, service was very good & our server made some great suggestions. To start, we enjoyed the pot stickers (which were beautifully presented, but not very special) and the lobster cupcakes which were a unique must try (but expensive). My husband ordered the stir fried beef with pea pods which was delicious/very fresh tasting, but he was a little disappointed because he expected the dish to be a little spicy and it was not. Next time we will ask to have it kicked up a notch or two. I enjoyed the black cod which was prepared perfectly but the bok choy was too bland and too much was presented with the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here if you have money to burn.zen2goVIPDined on 9/3/2014Another well-funded, Seaport overpriced tourist trap. Conventional menu; inferior ingredients; bland, sweet, uninteresting food; expensive bar; ordinary service. Probably a better investment than dining destination.Special Features:
- well namedfinediningwithfriendsDined on 9/3/2014i took my girlfriend and her brother to Empire for their 30th birthday. the service is unmatchable, the atmosphere impressive, all aspects of high-end fine dining. the menu is impressive and the meals are cooked perfectly presentation also 10 out of 10, we had a memorable experience and I absolutely recommend Empire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the fenceNichanDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I went for dinner. We had the crab rangoon, house special fried rice and the Korean spice rubbed sirloin. While we enjoyed everything we had and the service is great I can't justify giving more than 3 stars. This is just outrageously priced Asian cuisine and drinks. With so many other Asian restaurants close by with food as good if not better it will be our first and last visit to Empire. Some tables can be close together so you will be hearing other conversations as well as your own.Special Features:
- Kman25Dined on 8/30/2014Food was nice. Enormous portions. The pork dumpling pot stickers and beef moo shu particular favourites. Wait staff were v friendly but obviously quite focused on turning the table over - there was literally almost no time between courses and plates were being cleared as individual diners finished. Didn't bother us, but may get on some diners' nerves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantastic!campmom22VIPDined on 8/30/2014A favorite of ours for its delicious food and drinks, ambiance, service! It's a must go to place while in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and drinksLincolnDined on 8/29/2014I found Empire to be a great location for a Friday night date after the ICA. Ambiance is great, the food is fantastic and the drink menu creative.Special Features:
- Love EmpireLoveNewPlaces1VIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been to Empire for both work related events and social dating. Always lively, food is awesome. I have never had anything bet a great experience. While I'm not a fan of Sushi my friends rave about it. I love the Korean Steak and am a fan of their Pad Thai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I went to Empire this past weekend and had a fantastic meal! I've been once before so I had an idea what to order this time around. The portions are very large so we decided to order a handful of appetizers as opposed to apps and entrees. The lobster cupcakes were incredible! Heavy at that, but still delicious. We also ordered the dumplings, chicken lo mein, and wagyu beef appetizer which was plenty of food for the two of us. Overall, the food is really great and it's a really fun dinner spot for groups, dates and girls night out. Keep in mind that you will be paying a LOT for cocktails- some great, some not so much. But you get that great metropolitan environment which is rare in Boston- and very refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food, a bit priceyhrainVIPDined on 8/29/2014Had the Dine Out menu and was impressed. Great apps and meal, dessert was just average. Atmosphere is fantastic downbtobthe bathroom. Place could be a bit cheaper, $24 for pad Thai is a bit high ( although it is particularly good!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empire was GREAT!LovetodineDined on 8/29/2014Our Server Nicholas was excellent and probably made our experience what it was. He was very helpful with menu selections and very energetic about them. Every item we tried was outstanding along with the Saki. I had asked ahead of time for a romantic setting and they accommodated that as well. Truly was an awesome experience. Only item of note - music was too loud in restaurant and got louder the later it got. It was dance music and would have preferred a softer something. We were not there for the club scene. But that is the only thing we made note of. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open kitchenluvnewplacesDined on 8/28/2014We sat at the open kitchen bar. ..dinner and a show. Food was great.hot and sour soup was amazing. The cocktails were yummy. Complimentary dessert was a nice touch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not my vibe.JOHN02155VIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was good pan-Asian, but not stand-out excellent. Price was reasonable. Vibe was noisy young professionals, looked like a lot of "meet and greet." Music (not my taste) pretty loud. Hard to talk even at a table for 2. Service was very good, with good recommendations. Valet parking was excellent too. Good bar too, so I'm sure many people will like the place, but just not my ambience.
- Great birthday night!Sushi4SuzyPlzVIPDined on 8/20/2014Went with a few friends to celebrate my birthday. Our server Zoe (maybe Zoey?) helped us through the menu and answered our questions accordingly. Sushi was great, portions were very large but you certainly get what you pay for with the prices. Even though I didn't get dessert, they brought out a scoop of sorbet with a "happy birthday" cookie & a candle. I thought that was really sweet since they didn't have to do that! Overall nice night and it looks like they have an awesome bar and lounge area so I'd go back for some nightlife action some time too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceMMConnorDined on 8/20/2014Our waitress was excellent. Really attentive without being intrusive. Kindly asked if we were ready for our next course, before bringing to the table. That is so rare! Food was good. Music was a bit loud for easy conversation (early on a Wednesday evening).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Great food great service I would recommend this restaurant to all my family and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a groupKellyIVIPDined on 8/18/2014We went for the Monday night sushi special and were intrigued by the price. The sushi was fresh and very good. The menu for the Monday night special was pretty standard but heavy on the spicy options, so if you prefer more creative or less spicy options, this may not be the best process.Special Features:
- everything good except food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014We went for the all you can eat sushi and it was clear it wasn't fresh. Its a shame, maybe its my own fault for expecting something different but $25 is still a decent amount of money and I should expect some quality. Instead it was all about quantity with this deal. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Forgot dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We went for one reason, to celebrate my friends engagement. After leaving a note on the reservation and double checking with the hostess twice that the dessert with a "congratulations" was coming, nothing came. I was very disappointed in their attention to detail.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014love the dynamics of the restaurant design; conducive to have a good dining experience and fun gathering....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy food and serviceSeaportGuestVIPDined on 8/14/2014I eat out often (more than 5 x per week) and have been to Empire before. Last time I felt that I went to an overpriced Red Lantern with lower quality food and service. After my recent experience I felt the same. The ambiance at Empire is nice. But everything else is weak. If you are seeking a high quality dining experience in the Seaport area Legal harborside (second floor) or Del Friscos are much better options. I don't mind paying up for a great experience, but I don't like wasting money at places like Empire. Fortunately, my date and I ended the evening on a nice note by taking a cab to the Four Seasons and splitting the Tower cake for dessert.
- Great Flavors But....JemmyVIPDined on 8/13/2014The Flavors for very traditional Asian cuisine was exquisite but extremely over-priced. Can get food just as good if not better in Chinatown for a fraction of the cost!Special Features:
- Nice club with bad foodBostonphotobillVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have eaten at Empire several times. When they first opened the food was fairly good. Our last visit was just bad.they seem to have evolved into a club that pretends to be a restaurant early in the evening.Special Features:
- Unforgettable dining experienceDSKramerVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were in the area and wondered about a wise choice for dinner. Open Table presented several restaurants in the vicinity, but as a vegan this looked great. It's simply amazing! There's an open kitchen which bustles with apparent organization and energy. The dishes are so uniquely beautiful that it forces us to chat with people next us; "wow. What is that? I'll have one of those!" We were a bit over zealous and took a bag of leftovers home; they were still decadent morels the following day! We highly recommend that you get in on this!Special Features:
- Must trySLLFVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great cocktail list and outstanding food make Empire a must try. Also good for groups and late nite and has a vibrant bar crowd.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2014Great and creative food along with some of the nest desserts you will have anywhereSpecial Features:
- very goodwelltravelledfoodieDined on 7/30/2014White sangria not great. ... service fair. .. waitress was inexperienced. Did not appreciate NOT being offered tap water..ended up paying 10 dollars for plain bottle of water EOS we were coaxed into when offered plain or sparkling water. However. ...food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the best restaurants in BostonLove2dineDined on 7/28/2014Love Empire! It's one of my favorite places to hang out in Boston! If you're up to a nice fancy dinner or stopping by for a couple of drinks & appetizers or looking for a Saturday night fun experience... You can never go wrong! Awesome interior space, pleasant atmosphere and yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicDined on 7/25/2014Love it here. Food is delicious, the service was outstanding. The music was much too loud to have a conversation without straining your voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale ChineseDebbieVIPDined on 7/23/2014Walking in there was a great vibe. The food was very good and ideal for large groups interested in sharing. The portions are very generous. The dumplings were the best I have had. A great twist on Chinese food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Went here for my birthday with a Gilt offer- was really excited to try Empire. The food was a disappointment. We order two appetizers, sushi and fried rice. The calamari didn't even come with a dipping sauce and the fried rice was nothing special. For the price we paid, I would have at least expected the service to be better. We ended up having to pay for an extra hour of parking because our waitress was so slow!
- norma286Dined on 7/19/2014the food was wonderful. Service fabulous. Our waiter Robert, was very helpful, in choosing our dinner. Request for seating in the upper area was honored. We had a great. PS... The vodka was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beevtDined on 7/19/2014Our waitress was outstanding. Food was very good. It was a little too loud in backgroundSpecial Features:
- AYCE SushiMons090Dined on 7/14/2014Beware that it is a limited menu but that being said the sushi that is available really is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly hosthungryasianVIPDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant is great for late night scene with friends. Our server is very nice and the restaurant gave us their signature dish to try for free. It was a good night, until my friend forgot her credit card at the restaurant, that we had to go back to the restaurant to retrieve it. One of the hostess was not helpful and seem annoyed that my friend asked for them to check for her credit card. My friend eventually got her credit card back but not without being given a snide look and unfriendly gesture by one of the hostess. Disappointing.Special Features: