Empire Steak House - West 54th Street
237 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Empire Steak House - West 54th Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.empiresteakhousenyc.com/
- Phone: 2125869700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday and Monday: 11:00am - 11:30pm
Tuesday through Thursday: 11:00am - 12:30am
Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Serving Breakfast from:
6:00am - 11:00am Monday - Friday
7:00am - 11:00am Weekends and Holidays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jack Sinanaj
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Empire Steak House - West 54th Street
Empire Steak House, conveniently located at 237 west 54 street near Broadway, showcases modern décor in a classy, but trendy atmosphere. The all-white marble bar and sprawling dining room provide an additional air of sophistication. While Empire's steaks are acclaimed for its famous dry-aged porterhouse for two, the rest of the vast menu is equally stellar, featuring a wide range of fresh seafood such as 4-to 5-lb lobsters, Chilean Sea Bass, Salmon, Yellow Fin Tuna, towering seafood platters, and much more. The eatery offers a highly selective wine list and features many of California's most sought after vintages. The Zagat rated restaurant is owned and operated by the Sinanaj family. The Sinanaj’s success dates back to their first restaurant opening of Empire Steak House in 2010. The space is 4,500 square feet and can accommodate 230 guests for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, private rooms available!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Empire Steak House - West 54th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (38)good for groups (37)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not as enjoyable this timeBBQloverDined on 8/25/2014I've eaten here twice below and the food was good. I had the sirloin this time and it was just okay, not as tasty.
- The Diner Comes to Empire!NYCdininngDined on 8/25/2014The Empire is a fancy diner all the way -- from food to service to ambiance. Yes, there were white tablecloths and lighting was dimmed. It looked like it was going to be a good choice. But as we sat there things went downhill, and they weren't helped by loud vocal music from the 60's and 70's -- the kind you hear at some health clubs. The salad was good. The 12 oz sirloin had a peculiar flavor, unappetizing. Service was slow and inattentive (water glasses weren't kept full). It all might have been acceptable for a New Jersey diner although it would have been overpriced there; but it was quite disappointing for a restaurant that purports to offer an upscale experience. There are many superior choices in NYC.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014I chose this restaurant after filtering Open Table for recommendations on a seafood restaurant. While the portions were enormous, the seafood was not "fresh", but definitely fresh from frozen. The seafood was bland and very disappointing, and the "pan seared scallops" actually tasted like they had been deep-fried. The service was fast, but this is definitely a noisy touristy restaurant.
- AlrightiCookiDined on 8/15/2014Thank god I came here during restaurant week. This restaurant isn't really worth it "normal priced". The food was alright, nothing exceptional. Will not come here again. The Calamari was average. I ordered the NY Sirloin and turns out it was the T-Bone meat cut out. And the ice cream tastes like it's Haagen Dazs. The only good thing was the Tiramisu cake. Lastly, the restroom is shared with the Garden Inn!!- I can't believe this restaurant does not have its own restroom!! If you're looking for a truly semi-luxury restaurant, this is not one.
- Restaurant week dinnersunronDined on 8/14/2014Restaurant week dinner included filet mignon, which I had, and it was delicious. The veggies were good and the dessert yummySpecial Features:
- BirthdaygirlDined on 8/14/2014The food there was excellent. I was speechless. It was the best birthday lunch I had in a long time.Special Features:
- Solid SteakhouseFJGJ99Dined on 8/14/2014Food was great. Service was great. I've had 3 different plates there so far. So far, 3 for 3. The place has the lights set a little too dark but that is just how I feel. The place is well run by the GM. They definitely believe in customer service. Rating should be 4.5 stars but I rounded up to 5.Special Features:
- Great for Restaurant weekartVenDined on 8/13/2014Great Find...little touristy only negative comment - reservation could not be locatedSpecial Features:
- NY Restaurant weekgaiaDined on 8/11/2014We have been in this restaurant during our vacation in New York. The place is very nice, the food was good especially the lamb. I have not enjoyed the steak instead. Overall a nice restaurant in the heart of Manhattan, like many others in the same area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Excellent food and service and we were able to sit and visit for as long as we liked without interruption. A rarity in New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week lunchbonapetDined on 8/10/2014small portion, esp dessert, probably due to restaurant week menu, still nice for lunch, only that a bit on salty side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Our waiter was new only 4th day on the job and he was incredible. I had my kids ages 15 and 12 and they loved it. Not my first time and definitely not my lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Food was good but the portions were small and the service wasn't good. Our waiter was slow with bringing our food and didn't come to take our drink order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayFoodielover14Dined on 8/8/2014Empire steakhouse was a restaurant I've been wanting to go to ever since I saw their menu on restaurant week and wanted to try it out. It was not living up to the expectations that I had. The food (I ordered a Caesar salad, chicken parm, and their cake) was good but the entree was the one I expected high quality taste. The sauce was a little sour and it felt like this dish was made anywhere else. My partner tried the lamb chops and he really enjoyed that meal that and with mash potatoes which I'm glad he had a good time. I would come back here again but not so hyped about their other entrees. The place itself was gorgeous but the bathroom was separate which didn't make me feel comfortable.Special Features:
- great steak!mellycDined on 8/7/2014great good, and good ambiance for date night. restaurant week menu was particularly good, with generous portions, so i will go back soon!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Dinner was ok dessert came and tiramisu wAs hard. Was told it's sometimes like that.Special Features:
- Nice offerings during Restaurant WkBahHummbugVIPDined on 8/6/2014Pre-fixe menu quiet had nice choices and a great value for a mid-town location. Given busy week, kitchen did great keeping up.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Menu was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Some "steak" restaurants have a limited selection for restaurant week and no good cuts of meat, not Empire! I got a delicious filet, with sides, and that wasn't the only steak option on the menu.Special Features:
- fantasticjenineDined on 8/5/2014We chose this restaurant because it was restaurant week and the proximity. We were not disappointed. After our meal was over we wanted to do it all over again! Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week dinningbenv2014Dined on 8/4/2014Overall Empire Steakhouse was amazing. The small bread plates, the salad, steak and even dessert were spot on. The service wasn't bad. It was fun but also easy to and quick to grab a bite of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekSundaymanVIPDined on 8/3/2014I was always under the impression that portion size did not change with Restaurant Week. I was definitely wrong. My Caesar salad was one third of the regular priced one and the Veal chop was about the same. I was somewhat disappointed. Food itself was fine and I intend to go back and pay full price for what I expect will be a great experience. Sides were very expensive especially the fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The service was great even tho they messed up my order, but they took responsibility even thought I told them everything will be fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilarious serviceHanaDined on 8/3/2014The food was quite good. Both bacon appetizer and filet mignon were up to the expectations. Bread was good, although desert was nothing to write home about. The funny thing is they sent same main ours dishes to our table three times, the third time even after we told them we had our main courses and were waiting for dessert. It looks their waiters or food servers need a refreshing course to get tings together.Special Features:
- Not a VIPEmpireStateofCrapDined on 8/1/2014We where ontime for our reservation yet they made us wait for about 15min. While we waited other people right off the street got seated before us. When we confronted the hostess she silmply stated "It's not what you think, those are VIP guests" you will be seated soon. Of course that rubbed us the wrong way. You don't tell your clients that there are other guest more important than you. It was awkward and rude. *The food was good but the presentation was terrible. It looked like something you get served at a cafeteria line. *The waiter was nice and attentive. *It was also very loud and the AC was not working properly so the back of the restaurant where we where swatted was very warm. *I will not come back.
- simply lovely!nettenette127Dined on 8/1/2014Romantic and sophisticated! Just the type of ambiance I have been looking for. The food was DELICIOUS!! can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiverdaleNYDined on 8/1/2014Excellent service. We were running late because of traffic getting to the restaurant. They made certain to speed up things so that we got to the theater on time. They were friendly and knowledgeable. The food was delicious. They even brought over a piece of tiramisu with a candle in it for our birthday girl (age 43!). Great experience. It was made even better because of Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- Not a Bad Deal for Restaurant WeekFormerNewYorkerDined on 7/31/2014The price - for New York City - was quite reasonable - probably due to Restaurant Week. We also loved the convenience of the location - right next to our hotel. The service was not great. We came for a late dinner and it wasn't extremely crowded yet it took a long time for us to be served. While the food was not outstanding in a "foodie" way, it was a good value for the price. Unfortunately, they had run out of our dessert choices by the time we were able to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy to careL8nitedinerDined on 7/31/201445 minutes after our reservation time, we were seated and a basket of stale bread was put in front of us, with enough butter for 1 person. Despite multiple requests, we weren't given napkins until after the salad course, just before the entree was delivered. Our wine was delivered 40 minutes after we ordered it. Waitstaff was pleasant but the restaurant was over booked and they were having difficulty getting anything done in a timely fashion. It was anything but a relaxing, enjoyable dining experience.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014I enjoyed their restaurant week menu. However, they were not ready for the volume of customers they received. Although they had all hands on deck (including managers clearing tables & serving food), we waited over 35 minutes in between appetizer & entree. We didn't even have time to eat our desserts because we had tickets to a show at 8pm. Food was good, but not worth being late to the theatre.
- SaltminesDined on 7/31/2014Very disappointing. Food was just adequate and portions small. Service was poor. Table virtually inaccessible.
- GREAT SERVICE GOOD FOODfoodiegroupieDined on 7/30/2014my boyfriend and I LOVE going out to different restaurants both well known and some random places we pass - and what better way to taste numerous places than to try them out during the infamous RESTAURANT WEEK ?! this steakhouse definitely pleases & the restaurant week menu was great. I had the filet which was more than enough and I started with the calamari - my mister had the caprese salad and the strip. both served with mash and broccoli. the dessert was the true gem. GET THE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE ! And of course it helps when you have a great waiter who you can tell thoroughly enjoys his job. two thumbs up 👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet before a show!DjlanDined on 7/30/2014Great place to meet before a show! Delicious food with great ambiance! The staff was very friendly & accommodating. Outdoor seating is beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant week dinnerKjm5001Dined on 7/30/2014The restaurant week menu had many different choices, service was great, food was good, nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre- show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014went during restarant week. We wanted to try a new place - Cosmo -very good-strong. service fine-they werent busy, however didnt refill bread or come back often enogh. I had chick parm- tender-large portion, fried calimari-actually best Ive ever had-tender ,not greasy-excellent! My husband had lamb chops- a little tough,I would have sent them back. He didnt. Portions very large. All in all, the place is good. I will go back again for the steak - give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunch spotNYCdinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014Quiet dining room which lends to a nice business lunch venueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Surprise!UWSdadVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was our first time at Empire Steak House and we chose it for a pre-theater dinner because it's location was very convenient. We were pleasantly surprised! We sat at an outside table, which was nice and a great people-watching spot for all the activity in the attached hotel. The restaurant week menu was very extensive, probably the most choices of any we've seen, and everything we ordered was good: the caesar salad, the fried calamari, the lamb chops and the veal chop. And don't skip dessert - we got the tiramisu and the chocolate mousse cake. Both were very good, but I'd highly recommend the chocolate cake! Our server was very helpful and friendly and the timing of the meal was perfect. We'd go back!
- Restaurant WeekfamilyfoodiesDined on 7/28/2014Great entrees and amazing desserts. The presentation and service was great!Special Features:
- great restaurant week menuskl312Dined on 7/28/2014Filet mignon was amazing. Great service and food even during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlacePetiteqDined on 7/27/2014We came here for restaurant week which, for foodies, is the best time of the year. The price fixed menu here was amazing!Special Features:
- DisapointedcaroleecarolieDined on 7/27/2014I made a reservation for this restaurant based on the ratings and reputation of Empire Steak House, not looking into the reviews much - wish I did. I wasn't aware that this restaurant was attached to a hotel, bringing in groups of people who were not dressed appropriately. How can a restaurant allow people in sweatshirts, jeans, etc. when they state the dress code is business casual? Also, granted it was a Sunday, but there was not enough staff to serve the multiple tables of groups of 4+ people. The food was average, my filet mignon tasted a little charred. The cheesecake was great though.