Empire Steak House - West 52nd Street
36 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Empire Steak House - West 52nd Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.empiresteakhousenyc.com/index_site.php
- Phone: 2125826900
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Lunch: 12:00pm - 4:00pm Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:30pm Lunch: Monday - Satuday: 11:15am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Lunch: Friday: 11:15 am - 4:00pm Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:30pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From corporate events to private affairs; Empire Steak House offers a tailored menu for both in-house and off-site catering. Empire can cater for 1,000+ guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Empire Steakhouse in the heart of New York City's Rockefeller Center is the ideal space to host any event from graduation dinners and birthday parties to rehearsal dinners, weddings or corporate dinners. Our professional staff at Empire Steakhouse is happy to cater to your event needs.
- Private Party Contact: Event Planner 8888040725
- Special Events: Empire Steak House offers private dining on the mezzanine.
A word from Empire Steak House - West 52nd Street
In the heart of Manhattan, located in Rockefeller Plaza comes yet another icon EMPIRE STEAK HOUSE. Created by the prominent founders of BEN AND JACK’S STEAKHOUSE, Empire Steak House offers one of the best prime beef dishes out there, the porterhouse. The delicious seafood dishes also deserve a lot of attention, from the fresh Chilean sea bass to the Norwegian salmon, and topping off the menu, a delicious and tender 4 lb lobster. All are complemented with a variety of side dishes such as German potatoes and creamed spinach. Empire Steak House offers a large selection of appetizers, including the cold seafood platter, served family style featuring lobster, jumbo shrimp and crab meat cocktail. So come in and experience a steak house like no other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Empire Steak House - West 52nd Street reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (8)special occasion (8)great for lunch (7)romantic (7)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great foodHappyEatingDined on 7/30/2014Empire Steak House has delicious food and very friendly, efficient staff. The only somewhat negative comment is the evening I went to dinner with friends there was a bunch of guys at the bar, overly loud. When we entered the restaurant the hostess asked my name and I had to ask her 3 times what she was saying because I couldn't hear her, nor could she hear me. Unfortunately the loud drunks were there for our entire dinner and even speaking to my friends we sometimes had to repeat ourselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, charged for waterBrianDined on 7/29/2014The filet mignon was beautifully dry aged, however, I was not notified that I would be charged $10 for water.. the lamp chop was amazing and even more flavorful than the steaks.Special Features:
- Great Steak!likingGreatNeckDined on 7/29/2014My guest and I ordered the NY Strip and the Veal Chop. Both very tasty - you can taste the "beef"/natural flavors. My only comment...they cut up the steak (I don't know why) when they served the strip - I personally don't like anyone cutting the steak beforehand except to save work but it really shouldn't. Porterhouse I understand given it's size and sharing portions - makes sense. For an individual portion of strip...very unnecessary. Veal Chop was flavorful and cooked to perfection - I ordered it Medium.Special Features:
- Just Averagefoodlover2Dined on 7/25/2014Had an opportunity to try out this restaurant during the restaurant week without paying top dollar to find out whether I'd like it or not. It turned out that I don't think I will go back. The hostess was not friendly and the manager never came to introduce himself/herself, the only person that we like was our waiter; he was funny and attentive. Food was average. We had veal which was dry and tough, filet mignon was not tender; steak was drowned in heavy sauce which made it hard to taste the steak. The ambience of the restaurant was nice. Waitstaff is good.Special Features:
- ThuteeDined on 7/24/2014Besides the amazing food ... Luigi, the manager, is the absolute best!!!Special Features:
- Very GoodDavidlillianVIPDined on 7/24/2014Had an excellent summer restaurant week lunch. For starters we had the bacon and the mixed salad and for the main courses had rigatoni with meat sauce and rigatoni with marinara sauce. Cheesecake for dessert. Very good and a very friendly restaurant. Really worth a visit. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once every two months visitor of NY4friendsinNYCDined on 7/23/2014The waiters were very attentive, food was delicious and plentiful. Was on the restaurant week list and was very affordable.Special Features:
- A good Luger's knock offHofstraJetVIPDined on 6/27/2014Steak was fantastic - almost as good as the original. Steak sauce is pretty close to Luger's sauce. But the menu also has many more options than Luger's. Dining room looks old and dark. Bathrooms are NOT wheelchair accessible, so plan accordingly. Place was empty when I went on a Friday evening - not sure what that says. I asked waiter to let me pour my own water and serve my own steak, but he kept coming by. Guess he was bored. So go for the food, not the ambiance.
- chanel2606Dined on 6/13/2014Food was good, not exceptional , worse than it used to be a few months ago. Some seafod of the "Seafood pasta" was definitely not good at all, perhaps old. Service was good, but waiters were inclined to speak too much with customers.Special Features:
- Poor serviceClevelandisHomeDined on 6/10/2014Don't waste your time or money going to this place.
- The following 888 reviews are from the Empire Steak House - West 52nd Street reviews archive.
- Great EveningukAndyDined on 5/28/2014Really enjoyable evening, Food was great, Team was accommodating to additional members that joined mid meal. Staff was great and the management team had drinks with us at the end of the meal which was a lovely touchSpecial Features:
- Food and management were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Our whole experience here was great. From seating us earlier than our reservations to the quality of the food, everything was great. The food itself was top notch. My steak was one of the best I've had in the city. Our waiter was attentive, but not overbearing. What put our experience over the top was the attention to customers from the manager. He stopped by the table to ensure everything was okay and was "hands-on".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Luigi was the commensurate host. Made dinner into an experience. Recommended without reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empire steak house 52nd streetbeenoutridingDined on 4/26/2014As always superb, outstanding and spectacular Empire never disappoints Best steak house in NYC with the best steaks, seafood and salads.. Leo makes a mean margarita.. Great experience
- Great and Friendly RestaurantSimplySunshineDined on 4/22/2014Had a excellent time at Empire Steakhouse. The food was great as well as the service we will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Business Dinner EverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/20147 of us were treated to a great meal and very attentive service. It was not cheap but left an impression that will not soon be forgotten.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2014Staff was very cordial and attentive. Menu was as expected for a steakhouse. Servings were large. Appetizer and entree would have worked for two. Stuffed portabella was great. Did not order the steaks. Maybe next timeSpecial Features:
- skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2014A salty, flour-thickened sauce unexpectedly covered an overcooked prime rib. Room looks like the restaurant was an afterthough. Servers seemed to be unhappy with their jobs.
- great foodleslieDined on 4/19/2014one of the best steaks i have enjoyed in new york and service was fanasticSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food, exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014We recently spent a few days in New York City - a mini-honeymoon and a chance to leave the cold winter behind for a bit. On our list of things to do was find a great steak house where we could relax quietly and enjoy a great meal and some good wine. We were greeted by the owner, and our waiter could not have been more attentive. We never had to look up or around when we needed anything - it seems he was always nearby, though we never saw him or felt crowded. We had the Porterhouse for 2 and German potatoes - divine. The steak was cooked to perfection, and the potatoes were a perfect side. We stayed for over two hours, and can honestly say that this meal and experience was one of the highlights of our trip.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceBkgirlDined on 4/16/2014We went to Empire for our anniversary. We had calamari, Canadian bacon, steak for two, mashed potatoes and chocolate soufflé for dessert. The service was perfect. They served everything and made sure we had a wonderful experience. I chose them on a recommendation from a friend. Let me say I was not disappointed. It's a great atmosphere and the food is delicious. If you're looking for a quiet place to celebrate a special occasion or just a quiet romantic dinner, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!JuliannDined on 4/10/2014We made a last minute reservation through Open Table for a party of 5. It was a business dinner. The folks at Empire Steak House were most gracious when we arrived, helped with our luggage (because we had not gotten to our hotel yet), and proceeded to provide a fantastic dining experience for our meeting. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner operator who really caresSpeedyDined on 4/7/2014Genuine hospitality, warmth and care from the owner to the busboys with excellent steaks and chops makes this a true neighborhood "gem"! Porterhouse for two is outstanding and a relative bargain compared to other midtown steakhouses. Deserts are also incurably addictive paired with perfect coffee and, typically, a complimentary after dinner/lunch cordial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prix fixe lunch menuBBQloverDined on 4/7/2014Great place for lunch - food is pretty good as well. I highly recommend both locations but still to prefer to the 52nd street location.Special Features:
- Nice place, my steak was achanel2606Dined on 3/28/2014Nice place, my steak was a little bit too "burnt" outside to be a medium cooked steak. Also, one would expect a quieter environment from such a place but it seemed people feel forced to talk very loudly while eating... Very careful service, and you pay for that.Special Features:
- Major DisasterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Although there was only one other table that was occupied, we waited almost an hour for our food, and the waiter could not have been less interested in providing customer service. When we had questions about the menu, he seemed annoyed, and when our food finally arrived, four out of eight dishes were burned. We were given free dessert and after dinner drinks to make up for our experience, which we appreciated, but it was a staff event and it was very disappointing to have it go so wrong. I've dined here in the evening (this was lunch on a weekend) and had a great experience. Don't know what happened this time.
- Went for nyc restaurant weekStephDined on 3/7/2014Went for nyc restaurant week and the food was great and the service was good! Highly recommend the filet mignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Service!!luv2dineDined on 3/7/2014I had an 8:30pm reservation and it took 30-40 min before i was seated. Very displeased about that. Then the waiter brought out rolls for the table and they were VERY HARD!! and they tasted stale. The butter was so hard . The waiter hardly ever came back to ask us if we needed anything. The steaks were not well done like we asked for but it took so long for the food we ate it and the food was not even that hot. Once we paid one of the cards had declined and instead of the waiter giving the young lady a min to call her bank he hovered over her as if we were going to stiff him 53$ That was very rude and when i asked him to give her a min he would not move. I would NEVER EVER go to this resturant again nor would i recommed this place to anyone.
- AWFUL! Hovering to Get You OutScottDined on 3/7/2014Just left Empire Steak House on the last night of Restaurant Week. All four of us were THOROUGHLY disappointed. They rushed us like I've never experienced. Hovering over the table, serving the food WAY too fast. Even when mentioned it, they still did it. Plus the food wasn't good. Filet Mignons were fatty. Servers didn't know which were the ones that was ordered rare, medium rare, and medium and servers didn't care. Realize they are busy for Restaurant Week but if you're thinking of going there, DON'T - it was awful. There are so many other steakhouses in NYC that are so much better. Thankfully the company we were with was GREAT but the place itself - NEVER AGAIN! AWFUL!!!!
- Service was very very good.eatingdownunderVIPDined on 3/7/2014Service was very very good. Went for Restaurant Week. I had fried calamari as the appetizer, and it was a good portion. For the entree, filet mignon which was well worth it. It came with broccoli and mashed potatoes, both were unexceptional and reminded me of public school lunch sides. Good thing I ordered sauteed spinach as an extra side as it was delicious (although had to pay extra). Each member of the table had chose one of each dessert, all of which were okay, and nothin write home about. Prefix also included tea and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerQueensheabaDined on 3/6/2014I took my boyfriend here for his bday march 6th. They had alot of choices for their restaurant week menu. The bottle of wine was inexpensive but great. We had a reservation for 8:30 took us about 20 minutes to be seated. The staff was great. The salmon was cooked just the way I liked it. The waiter did spill my water accidentally while serving us. They did mix up our sides as well but the food was great. At the end they sung happy bday to my boyfriend. He enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of Service from the start.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014The receptionist was too busy worrying about being cold and standing in the corner than to actually greet people. I booked my reservation at 8. The incompetent receptionist (3/6/14) told us the wait time was 15 min, which we werent too happy about but it was reasonable. 15 min later, she seemed to have forgotten about us, then she says another 20 min. This is not proper customer service. Finally,the manager took us to our seat. He said hi to every guest and is the only reason Id come back. The waiters were nice, the food was decent. Waiting 40 min. to be seated was unacceptable. Went to Smith and Wollensky today, and was seated instantly. The proffesionalism of their recepetionist/waiters were the level i expected you guys to be.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Place was great. Great food and service. Really enjoyed my evening here and would definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would not return. DespiteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2014We would not return. Despite the fact that we had a 7:30 reservation, we had to wait 45 minutes for a table. To his credit, the manager asked if we wanted cocktails courtesy of him while we waited, which affirmed our belief that the wait was going to be long, even though we kept being told we were next in line. Moreover, the potatoes were fake--they came out of a box. Shame on a steakhouse for serving powdered potatoes. The steak was good, but we've had better. The serving sizes were generous.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Staff was extremely rude. They rushed us out of the table and they took my plate before I had finished. I asked for my steak medium and they brought it well done.
- Pleasantly Surprised...happyNbronxDined on 3/5/2014NYC restaurant week began... I did not have a chance to visit any restaurants. At the last minute, me and a friend made reservations and the rest is history. The wine was to die for. The filet mignon was tender and the cute of meat was amazing. The service was fast yet friendly. I enjoyed every minute of dinner. I will go back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak!ChewiesPetDined on 3/5/2014Visited for NY Restauarant Week. They were VERY busy but everyone agreed it was due to the promotion and there is no way this place could be that crowded on a Wednesday night. The ambiance is nice, nothing special; a classic steakhouse look. Service was a bit spotty but again very likely due to the crowd; you could see the stress on the faces of the wait staff and hosts. My wife had the filet mignon and I had the sirloin, both ordered medium rare and they nailed it. Mashed potato side was just OK, a little too buttery for my taste and we also shared a plate of steamed broccoli that wasn't super-crisp like we prefer but wasn't bad either. The new NYY steakhouse is one block down and we'll likely hit that first next time in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLambchopDined on 3/4/2014Had dinner with girlfriends to celebrate someone's birthday and decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week. We have been to Empire Steak before during Restaurant week. They have many selections and their steak and lamb chops are delicious. There are seafood selections as well. Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy SteakRG314Dined on 3/4/2014If you're into steak or good food in general make a trip here. I went for Restaurant Week lunch and was impressed by the list of options they offered. Tasty filet mignon and the chicken parm looked good too. Will be back for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchcrumpetDined on 3/4/2014Lunch at Empire Steak House was enjoyable. Food was delicious. Service was first class, atmosphere pleasure ,great value. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.