Emma's Ale House
68 Gedney Way
White Plains, NY 10605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Emma's Ale House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.emmasalehouse.com/
- Phone: 9146833662
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily from 12 to 2 Kitchen open from 12 to 11 Sunday thru Thursday Friday and Saturday kitchen stays open to 12 Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 3
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are always welcome.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Egan 9146833662
A word from Emma's Ale House
At Emma's Ale House, diners will enjoy classic American Comfort Food in a refreshingly unpretentious and convivial atmosphere. Emma's blends great food in a cozy, family-friendly dining room and fine spirits at a lively bar, where full meal service is available. Emma's Ale House is destined to become a local favorite for all diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Emma's Ale House - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Emma's Ale House reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- always a great eveninglocalfoodVIPDined on 9/13/2014Never been disappointed at Emma's, food is always great, wait staff is always very attentive, and make sure you save room for the krispy cream bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!!! Decor is centered around dogs with tasteful artwork and photos, along with other touches around the restaurant. FYI the name of the restaurant "Emma" is named after a faithful companion. Reservations are recommended for weekend nights which can be busy. Bar is always busy also, with lots of tv's showing the games that daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch/dinnerLezieDined on 9/10/2014Emma's has become my favorite place to share a relaxing, delicious lunch with girlfriends. Last week I took my husband and another couple and they loved too! The specials are consistently creative and healthy. It's a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Delicious brunch!RuthieDined on 8/2/2014Love Emma's, will definitely be back again. Nice atmosphere and the food is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomal restaurant all aroundFitForFoodieDined on 7/27/2014Delicious food made with fresh ingredients. Diverse menu has something for everyone. My family and I come to Emma's about once a week now for almost four years since we moved into the neighborhood. Owners and staff are like family. Feels like I am dining at home but with better food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InvitingAddisonDined on 7/21/2014Good food. Good service. Love the dog paintings. Food was a little expensive.Special Features:
- Not to be missedjennylewiscatDined on 7/10/2014Emma's Ale house is an outstanding restaurant that never disappoints. Great service, great staff and a menu that has something for everyone. I have never been there and not seen customers smiling, relaxed and enjoying the experience. Casey and his crew have given White Plains a classic! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great food!!JoanneDined on 7/5/2014I have been to Emma's many times and it never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotTravelersVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great local spot to go with friends and family. Food was ok. Menu is filled with reliable favorites. Love the pretzels and mustard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation LunchdatenightDined on 6/26/2014They were great, we were with a few families and we wanted to be near each other and they were very good with our seating requests. Service was great even with a packed restaurant. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantNYCFoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great food. Small place so seating isn't great, tables are too close. But overall great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okannapDined on 6/6/2014It was noisy. Full of screaming kids. And we were sat in the very back of the restaurants in what seemed like an added on part of the restaurant. The waiter was there too much when you didn't want him and not enough when you did. Our drinks for 4 came out at 3 different times. The only app/salad was a caesar, and it was just ok too. No entree particularly shined, but the portions were good. I love the pretzels that come out as bread, although very filling. I've been here before with a better experience. Don't know why it wasn't better this time. I'm disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 535 reviews are from the Emma's Ale House reviews archive.
- Good food and friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2014Went in for lunch with several coworkers. The service was good and everyone had a wonderful lunch. The salmon burger was well prepared, fresh and delicious. I would definitely eat here again. "Special Features:
- Wonderful!SteveCDined on 5/11/2014I have been here multiple times and it never disappoints. The food is consistently excellent and the service great. They have a nice selection of draft beer.Special Features:
- Love itemmafanDined on 5/11/2014We love everything about Emma's! The food is delicious and the menu is so diverse. I get something different every time and love it. I also love Emma's Cream Ale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just oklovetogooutDined on 5/11/2014Nothing special - a bit overpriced. The presentation of the food was nice. But considering the prices, not worth it.
- tangoVIPDined on 5/10/2014Eat here often, This experience, not so hot. Wife ordered the special soup. Not at all to her likeing. Color of soup, a dark green was a put off to start with. Only green vegetables used, little liquid. Sent it back. Was not charged for soup. Have had better here. But unfortunayely never with their soups.Special Features:
- Great PerformerlsashinVIPDined on 4/26/2014We've been eating @ Emmas since it opened and we have NEVER been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, cool vibeCutie2dineDined on 4/10/2014Food was good, nice selections of beer and wine, wait staff gave us plenty of time to linger. Would def recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our hood spotSurfermomVIPDined on 3/31/2014Good food. Fun atmosphere. All in iur neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed our mealNoanieDined on 3/26/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Emma's---good food, good service, good all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Great food and service. Emma's Ale is a must try. Awesome to see the owner constantly looking over her customers to ensure everything is good and they are happy. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/10/2014Emmas ale house never disappoints. My wife and I have been there many times and always enjoy our dining experience.. From food, to service, to ambience, they simply get it right. We look forward to many more dinners at Emmas.Special Features:
- Comfortable settingPokeVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great cozy, neighborhood place. Fun menu and delicious. Shared the tuna tar tar guacamole and it was outstanding with colorful red chips. Crab cakes were full of crab and excellent, as always. Waitress remembered us from a month ago and that was warming.Special Features:
- We have been there severalnntucktVIPDined on 3/7/2014We have been there several times. It was very noisy an the food this time was disappointing.Special Features:
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2014Everything was delicious, from chicken lollipops to fish and chips, to amazing donut bread pudding we had a great evening. our go to place, every weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBeanlover216Dined on 2/26/2014Been to Emma's many times. Never disappoints. Ordered French-Onion soup, tasty broth, not overly salted., Short-Rib Quesadilla, delish. The service is always pleasant and accommodating. They always start you off with big fat soft pretzels and coarse mustard.The decor is very sweet especially for dog-lovers, as the aforementioned Emma is a much beloved pooch.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/22/2014Good food, service and ambience. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great meallarryDined on 2/20/2014I eat here as often as possible. Great food, Great atmosphere, Great people, Great chips at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good asalways, Good pub typetangoVIPDined on 2/14/2014Good asalways, Good pub type food. 4 in our party all were well satisfied. esp with the parmesan encrusted artichokes., beef stew and tacos and sliders. Will return as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emma's never fails to deliverJoeventDined on 2/14/2014Emma's never fails to deliver on all counts. We've been there many times and it always meets or exceeds our expectations. And a very nice touch of heart-shaped pretzels for Valentine's day!Special Features:
- A neighborhood pubFoodieNYCVIPDined on 2/14/2014Super kid friendly and adorable heart shapes pretzels on v-day. Short ribs were a bit dry and overcooked for me but my husband liked them. Shepeards pie was good as was the gluten free ravioli. Dessert took too long but that was likely due to the holiday. Delicious cinnamon ice cream and a great selection of beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchTravelEatRepeatDined on 2/9/2014Cinnamon rolls were served as soon as we were seated and we couldn't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happening SpotDesignRDined on 1/31/2014Just tried Emma's and it is a great neighborhood restaurant with a varied menu, great food, reasonable prices, and obviously a happy local crowd. We were 4 in our party, all ordering different food, and we were all more than satisfied. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fun and Delicious diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2014Emma's Ale House is a solid family restaurant which serves delicious home style food. All our dishes were yummy, though the steak was very overpriced, compared with the other entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family favorite!SurfermomVIPDined on 1/12/2014Great food. Great people. Comfortable and welcoming. Great pretzel bread and chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmhouse Chopped Salad is the bestTracyVIPDined on 1/9/2014I have gone to Emma's before but I don't remember the farmhouse salad being so good - I think they changed it and it was amazing. I added grilled portabello to it and it was scrumptious.Special Features:
- Good as always. ExcellenttangoVIPDined on 1/8/2014Good as always. Excellent for a light snak this evening, well prepared, and filling. I Had three sliders, Meatball sliders, of which one was enough for me, split one with my wife, and she had the Cobb salad. Will return as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantnntucktVIPDined on 1/4/2014The menu is extensive and there is something for everyone. The food is very good as is the service. This is a restaurant that we will always go back to. I think it will be consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and enjoyablesamanthajoy63Dined on 12/31/2013Simple and enjoyable. The service was completely charming.Special Features:
- Excellent!SteveCDined on 12/31/2013I have been to Emma's several times and love it. The food is consistently excellent and the service outstanding. The staff is attentive, polite and make you feel welcome. Do yourself a favor and try it!Special Features: