2201 Jericho Tpke
Commack, NY 11725Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6314626267
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Emilio's
'Emilio's is a real hometown favorite among locals who stop in for a quick slice of pizza to go, or to sit at one of the high-top tables in the dining room and enjoy freshly prepared dishes like fried calamari, eggplant rolatini, and grilled chicken parmigiana. ' -Commack PatchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Emilio's - Best Restaurants in Commack ›
Emilio's reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (15)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Overpriced eggplant parmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Not the usual eggplant parmagiana - was slices scattered throughout way too much pasta - more like a half of a 16 oz box of pasta, which was wasted.
- solid italianbellbiv13VIPDined on 10/12/2014good food, reasonable prices and kid-friendly. We always know what we are going to get at Emilio'sSpecial Features:
- Food To Die ForScooterDined on 10/11/2014As always the food at Emilio's was delectable. I had the manicotti which was cremie. My fiancee had Past Emilio and didn't leave a morsel. Our other couple had the veal and also left nothing. The fra diablo sauce was magnificient.Special Features:
- great pizza and pasta dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014The pizza, pasta, meatballs are truly delicious. All other entrées were disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Family Italianbellbiv13VIPDined on 10/9/2014This is a solid neighborhood joint that has a diverse menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good, food was bad!MikeVIPDined on 10/5/2014The service was good for a change, however the food was not. They can never seem to get the food and service right. It's always one or the other.
- Great foodFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great food and nice wait staff. Food is always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Italian RestaurantLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have been going to Emilio's for many years and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2014Food is always good at Emilio's! Staff is overly kind, too!Special Features:
- Don't bother making a reservation!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014We have always enjoyed the food at Emilio's. Sauces are indeed different as described. HOWEVER, we made a reservation on open table and waited over 1/2 hour past our reservation time. We were told that despite the open table reservation that 1. we were considered a walk-in, so in line with everyone else, especially because 2. our party of five-yes, 5-was considered a large party. This restaurant should not be allowed to be on OPEN TABLE, if they just use it to get you in and do not honor your reservation when they are busy. What's the point? I asked to speak to the manager, but despite being told that he would come out to our table, he never appeared. We will have to find a more accommodating Open Table Restaurant that honors reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent!MikeVIPDined on 9/23/2014Emilio's is consistently inconsistent. Sometimes the food is good and the service is horrible. Other times, the food is horrible and the service is okay. Most of the time, both the food and the service are horrible, as was the case on my last visit. We go because it's conveniently located, but that is it. You have lost good regular customers.
- Good local pizza but that's itLisaReviewVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were a group of 6 celebrating a birthday. We've been going to Emilio's for many years. Casual atmosphere but quality of service and food is not as good as it used to be. Last time we ate there it was not very good but we thought we would give it another go around. Disappointed again. It took a long time to just be asked to place our drink order, had to ask for water and the overall service was not good. As far as the food, the beet salad was good, the 1-1/2" rice ball was VERY disappointing. The balsamic chicken entrée was decent but again nothing to write home about. The noise level was very loud; we couldn't even talk to each other across the table. Good for local pizza but not rushing back anytime soonSpecial Features:
- Good food, horrendous serviceracheljenniferVIPDined on 9/6/2014I made a 6:15pm reservation Saturday, and they kept us waiting for our table until 7:00pm. When we finally sat down, it was the worst table in the entire restaurant. We were practically sitting in the kitchen. Because we were in the back corner, we were also ignored for an additional 15 minutes. When we finally placed our order, the waiter rushed us along, and ran off to take other orders. He obviously didn't put the order in right away because we didn't get our food for another 40 minutes. Finally, having gotten our food at around 8:00pm (with a 6:15 reservation), a food runner dropped it without asking if it was correct, offering another drink, or cheese to go with our pasta. We had to wait another 20 minutes to get anything else.Special Features:
- authentic Italian foodluv2dineDined on 9/1/2014The homemade pasta is to die for. The staff is amazing and we're very accommodating for handicapped people in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emilio's needs new managementMikeVIPDined on 8/29/2014The consistently horrible service and inconsistent preparation of food make it obvious that there's a serious deficiencyin in management of this restaurant. We go on week nights because it is conveniently located, not for a good dining experience, and we are disappointed every time. They also don't know how to regulate a comfortable temperature in the restaurant. It's usually much too cold in the restaurant.
- Consistently goodRpfaDined on 8/16/2014We have been going to Emilio's for pizza and dining in for years so we know what to expect and that is a very good thing. We were sat right away and fortunately for us, they changed our waitress (not as a result of anything we said) so the service was warm and friendly. The food was delicious and I ate everything on my plate, which is rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMommascifDined on 8/15/2014Food and service excellent. Advise making reservation. Places was packed on a Friday night. Dining not large.Special Features:
- Usually OutstandingLisa123Dined on 8/8/2014Although everyone in my party was happy as usual, I was disappointed in my dish (Skinny Girl). Won't stop me from going back but will order differently as this dish wasn't great the last three times I've ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a GREAT first date there ...Toootall68Dined on 8/8/2014Had a reservation online w/ opentable and arrived @ 6:30 on 8/8/2014 . Not crowded @ that point and had a great waiter ( server ) w/ a super sense of humor !! He was attentive - food was excellent and we were not rushed out when we finished even when it started to fill up w/ other diners . We had a great experience and had time to talk ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikemikeDined on 8/2/2014Have never had a bad meal there. Prices are good, the staff is always very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodEvaS1994VIPDined on 7/29/2014We had the baked clams oreganata, penne ala vodka and 2 Perroni beers! Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope the owner reads this !LovegoodfoodNdrinksDined on 7/21/2014I've lived in the area for years and rarely go bc either it's crazy packed or the staff is rude. Well my friends just moved to commack wanted to go and my boyfriend and I were hesitant but remembered how amazing the food was so we went. Our waitress was rude and seemed like she could give two sh!its about us. It was a Monday night NOT crowded at all and she was bothered by us asking ?s and I said I needed gluten free and her response was " so does 200 millions other people all of a sudden" Our mouths dropped! Our dinner conversation was about how rude she was and we all were disgusted. Our food came out and was delishous ! I would not become a regular and neither would our friends just bc of the reputation of rude staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was very rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The waiter made us feel rushed, and seemed annoyed when we asked questions. We will not be back because of this.
- Nice neighborhood ItalianfranVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great waiter and tasty food. A nice lunch. Veal was quite tender and the pasta was fresh and home made with a lovely sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 108 reviews are from the Emilio's reviews archive.
- The best Italian FoodLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have tried many Italian restaurants on Long Island and Emilio's is the best. On this visit I ordered chicken Parmesan but with vodka sauce. It was delicious . The portions are generous and the bread is the best - the rolls are made of pizza dough . Their marinara pizza is also the best I have tasted. This is the restaurant we use to compare to all other Italian restaurants and it still remains on the top of our list. It is an excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/20143 old friends went for lunch. We sat at a table for almost 4 hours, enjoying the food and the conversation. No one rushed us, and we appreciated that. The food is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014The food was delicious. The service not impressive. Had to ask 3 different people for utensils and didn't received be until after the 4th request. It was so loud you couldn't have a conversation. Had to wait for table even though we had a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic italianbellbiv13VIPDined on 6/5/2014We let the waiter Vittorio guide us with our dishes and he didn't steer us wrong once. The food was great, though I will say the white sangria left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!JosyjoDined on 6/1/2014Went there for lunch with my best friend and was so excited they had spaghetti squash! It was absolutely delicious and the service was great too! Will def come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingMrBlzVIPDined on 5/30/2014Emilio's is one of our go to places in Commack. The food is always tasty and well prepared with lots of choices. Their salads are among my favorites.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant on Gods Green EarthACass52VIPDined on 5/26/2014I've eaten at Emilio's in Commack dozens of times; and every time, no matter what is ordered, is always a great experience. To start off, the waitstaff is incredibly friendly and fast - from the team behind the counter making fresh pizzas to the waiters and waitresses; we've never had an issue with service at this local Italian hot-spot; even the owner, Emilio, is frequently seen behind the pizza counter and checking on customers' orders. To be honest, the pizza here (the Sicilian in particular) is the best pizza on Long Island - and potentially all NY. Consistently fresh and delicious, I often consider just ordering a few slices as my main course even when I sit down in the dining area for a more traditional Italian dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Benny to Emilio's many times but this time service was not good. Very disappointed since we were a table of 7. 5 people got their dinner while 2 people weird and when theirs came, others were 75% done with their mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great last minute decisionMelissaDined on 5/23/2014I always passed by but never knew what a great find this would be. My husband and I needed a place to eat for dinner at the last minute. We got a reservation with ease. Our waiter was hilarious and very attentive. The food and drinks were great. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - service terriblekimcagDined on 5/23/2014Been coming to this place since it was known as Carmella's. Foot is always good but the service this particular evening was sub-par. Vittorio was our waiter. He had a chip on his shoulder from the moment we sat down. My mothers eggplant was cold: he forgot the Brussel sprouts and my bar pie(my entree.) He never apologized for anything. If you go ask that Vittorio NOT be your waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great...Service iffylmrbladeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food is always great and the reason why we go back but the service could be better. From gum chomping servers to rude counter staff and hostess that don't know how to check you when you have an opentable reservation and you don't get your points. Close to home so convenience wins out.Special Features:
- What reservationUnHappyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Emilio's has great food but should not be on open table.. If you know you'll have to wait when you go to a restaurant then you don't mind. But if you think you're walking in and getting seated forget it. Emilio's never honors reservation. Be prepared to wait 15-30 minutes anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerddinsDined on 5/10/2014Took parents out for a casual Italian dinner at Emilio's on a Saturday evening. This was my second time dining here. We made reservations and arrived on time but was disappointing we had to wait nearly 20 minutes to be seated. The restaurant was exceedingly busy, but I feel it could have been handled a little better. That was the only blemish on an otherwise great time. Our waiter was prompt and accommodating, the atmosphere was energetic but delightful, and the food stole the show--everything we had was excellent.
- The Best of the BestScooterDined on 5/10/2014We have always loved Emilio's but the wait has always been unbearable. Now with Open Table I was able to make a reservation and it was honored. I loved it!! The chef was doing the seating but he did a dynamite job. The food was lip-smacking I have never been disappointed at Emilio's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip itgooditalianDined on 4/26/2014Although we booked with open table we waited over 30 minutes to be seated. The service was poor and the food was just ok. The room is extremely noisy and you can't have a conversation without yelling.
- I eat here oftenAPersonVIPDined on 4/11/2014I eat at Emilio's often. I prefer it mid week as it gets very busy on Friday and Saturday nights and there can easily be a 15 to 20 minute wait even with a reservation. The menu is large and has something for everyone. I usually order one of multiple fish items on the menu and am always pleased. My only issue is the service, and it seems to be getting worse. The wait staff has been there a while, and they seem to be complacent. They are pleasant, but not overly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.