Emilio's Tapas - Sol Y Nieve
215 East Ohio Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Emilio's Tapas - Sol Y Nieve
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.emiliostapas.com/index.php?option=com_locations&view=location_details&loc_id=8
- Phone: (312) 467-7177
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Emilio Gervilla and Crispin Plata
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sol y Nieve provides catering for all type of events. For more information please contact our event planner - Julie@emiliostapas.com
- Entertainment: Occasional Spanish Flamenco Shows or Solo Spanish Guitarist.
- Special Events: Wine Tastings, Wine/Dinner Pairings, Cooking Demo's,
A word from Emilio's Tapas - Sol Y Nieve
You'll be tempted by the tapas at this Streeterville eatery, from the team behind Emilio's (other location include Hillside). Its name means sun and snow, and the Spanish specialist serves a wide range of hot and cold choices, including grilled shrimp with garlic lemon butter sauce, baked goat cheese in tomato sauce, paella, among other fabulous tapas. The wine list features more than 60 choices, many available by the glass. The restaurant features colorful murals, tile mosaics and iron light fixtures. During summer time its patio is the perfect place to relax and enjoy great tapas and sangria.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emilio's Tapas - Sol Y Nieve reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (61)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (26)romantic (25)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceNanner17Dined on 11/21/2014I just ate at Emilio's for my second time--and both times were most enjoyable. The restaurant has a very clean and pleasant atmosphere. They offer a great selection of both food and drinks--all of which (that I tried) were delicious. The entire staff, from hostess to servers were pleasant and professional. I felt very welcome and comfortable there and enjoyed both of my dining experiences very much. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely a must in ChicagoDinnerVIPDined on 11/15/2014First time dining at this location - probably the best meal and service I have ever had in Chicago. Service was attentive, but not over bearing, for a Tapas Restaurant - the portions were very nice and the food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group tapassuburbanlifeDined on 11/15/2014We thought the food was equal to many other tapas places, but the fact we were able to make a reservation sets this place apart. No one wants to wait 2 hours. The regular red and white sangria could be improved, but the flavored selections are great! The waitress was amazing and offered great suggestions. This will be our go-to stop for tapas, especially for a larger group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome tapasjenijDined on 11/11/2014We loved this place. it feels as though you have been teleported to Spain. loved the food and the staff even more. They go out of their way to make you feel special. we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outCUtownieDined on 11/8/2014Perfect setting for this. Women don't need huge meals, so this allowed us to share several tapas, enjoying all the wonderful choices. Wine list extensive. Prices amazing for the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Superb, fun, great for groups and foodies and groups of foodies.Special Features:
- Nice selection of tapasAnneDined on 11/8/2014If you're looking for a restaurant with small plates to share with friends, Emilio's has a great selection of tapas. The place was a bit noisy, but otherwise the ambiance was great as was the service. I would go there again when I am in Chicago.Special Features:
- What a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We lives trying the different specialties. Great service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally goodRickVIPDined on 11/5/2014Really enjoyed my meal at Emilio's. The food was excellent. Just what I think tapas should be. Small portions, reasonably priced, and with lots of variety. My server was a real professional. Would definitely go back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Terrific Chicago TapasAngelVBrDined on 11/2/2014Just east of the Magnificent Mile on Ohio St. is a wonderful tapas restaurant, Emilio's. Nothing too fancy, just comfortable with amazing food. Outstanding dishes were: the white bean soup, garlic shrimp and the bacon wrapped dates. The service was excellent too. Glad we were staying down the street and found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasFoodLifeDined on 11/1/2014I'm a tapas lover and I really loved this place. The service, the atmosphere and the good was excellent! I came for dinner on a Saturday night with a group of six, and we all enjoyed ourselves. Some of the dishes that we ordered were the grilled calamari, the patatas bravas, the chicken and ham croquettes, the goat cheese with toasted bread, the eggplant and goat cheese bruschetta, and the stuffed mushroom caps. They were all delicious! My favorite thing about this place is that they have fresh aoli sauce that they make daily! I love aoli, but this was the best one I've had so far. I asked for a side of it and put it on the little slices of bread they put on the table - it was soooo delicious! Definitely will be going back again!Special Features:
- Nice place good foodFoodforthoughtVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food and service were really good. Everything was cooked to order and delivered well presented. The servers were polite and prompt
- unexpected delightreneeVIPDined on 10/31/2014We were looking for a quiet place with clean food options to visit before a show. Perfect choice. My husband rarely raves about restaurant food and he raved about the shrimp in oil/ spices. The services was great, the room was busy but quiet and we really enjoyed everything we ate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014The staff can definitely be nicer and have a better attitude.Special Features:
- Just rightBrownfunkDined on 10/28/2014Was looking for a spot to host up to ten people in town for a conference. Let me tell you, this place was perfect! Centrally located, excellent menu for sharing, and over the top hospitable. So glad I chose it. Bring your friends here! As you will read from the other reviewers, their food is tasty and the atmosphere is warm and without the pretentiousness of other nearby placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSlow2eatDined on 10/25/2014Food was awesome - desserts fantastic! Really enjoyed the tapas.Special Features:
- Fantastic spot!ordtmpsfoDined on 10/23/2014You must try this place. The service was fantastic and the food authentic. The paella was superior. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try one of the entreesRedBeardVIPDined on 10/21/2014We had a mixture of tapas - several of the classics - and then split an entree - a grilled fish special which was deliciously seasoned and beautifully presented. The tapas were all fresh and hot when they arrived. The service was attentive and plates removed quickly as other tapas arrived. This is a great place to stop, particularly if you're taking in a movie nearby. With a reservation, you are quickly seated and it is a top-notch experience from start to finish.Special Features:
- dinner with old friendslovetoeatoutDined on 10/21/2014It was a great place to catch up with old friends, share some great food and sangria -- had an excellent time. Our waiter ordered for us and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good tapas!DBABQVIPDined on 10/21/2014We were in Chicago to visit the Contemporary Ary Museum and wanted somewhere decent to eat after. I did a bit of looking around and when I saw the listing for this tapas place I thought it might be a good choice as we like to try several things. We started out with the Toastada a la Andaluz (eggplant and beet on bread) before sampling several hot tapas - morcilla, lamb meatballs, flank steak and more. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we tried and would have tried more if we were not full! If ever in Chicago we'd probably eat here again and try the other dishes.Special Features:
- Ate here twice while in ChicagolongswimDined on 10/19/2014Very good and creative tapas. Nice reasonably priced selection of wine. Actually the entire menu was reasonable. My wife and I shared 4 tapas and a carafe of sangria. We had room to split one dessert. Very pleasant waiters. You won't go wrong here. Liked it enough that I brought a group of business colleagues back a couple nights later. My boss is somewhat frugal and was very satisfied with the price value ratio.Special Features:
- Skip the PaellaChrystalmystDined on 10/18/2014The service was excellent, Sangria delicious and affordable, the tapas we had were amazing, esp the Garbanzo spread, empanadas, and special pork salchichas. However, the Paella was a huge disappointment; lacked freshness, and seafood terribly overcooked. Wished we would have just ordered a couple more tapas instead. Overall, a great evening though, and we would ABSOLUTELY go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Just back from Spain, great continuation of our trip. Nice wines, great tastes. Attentive, personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas for Two!nrraymonDined on 10/14/2014Emilio's was a terrific place to take a date. The selection of unique and interesting foods, paired with a pitcher of red wine sangria makes for a special occasion. It's also great that the tapas (smaller dishes) are great for sharing. This way, you can order a few things and split them between yourself and your date. Definitely recommended!Special Features:
- Terrific all around2bigeatersVIPDined on 10/12/2014We loved this place, one of our best experiences in Chicago out of many much more expensive. Wonderful service, vast menu and each and every dish was uniquely special. Do get the potato salad. It is world famous, or should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Service, but Hot and LoudevodevoDined on 10/11/2014Title says it all. I enjoyed the food and we had a great server, but I found it hard to converse with my 70-something parents over the talking, clapping and laughing from other large and boisterous parties. The restaurant was also overheated. The folks at the table next to us were fanning themselves with menus to keep cool. I can only imagine how difficult it was for the servers to work in that environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapasJES3Dined on 10/7/2014We were in Chicago for an overnight and realized Emilio's was a few blocks away. We'd eaten there several times, but not in the past 10 years. If anything, the tapas have gotten even better. The grilled squid, Spanish tortilla, potatoes in garlic aioli, bacon wrapped dates, were excellent. It's gratifying to see a restaurant maintain its quality over time.Special Features:
- Made a special night even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Our waiter, Juan, was attentive and very nice to the entire table. He went out of his way to make the guest of honor feel special. The food was amazing and very savory! Can't wait to go back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas selection!TravelingCoupleDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I enjoy really good tapas and Emelio's did not disappoint. We prefer small plate menus so we can have a variety of tastes while dining. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Tapas!pickle1397Dined on 9/22/2014Great local neighborhood restaurant. This is my second time to eat at Emilio's and I will definitely go again. I went back this time to specifically try the paella and was a little disappointed. The shrimp and clams were way overcooked and the rice was soupy! I will return, but will only order from the tapas menu. My favorite dish is the stuffed dates, spicey potatoes and tenderloin. The salads are also wonderful. Overall, great place and would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Trying Something NewTeacherDined on 9/19/2014This was a great find to celebrate a friends birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, even better serviceclompsthedinosaurDined on 9/18/2014The tapas dishes were solid and the flavors were good, although nothing blew me out of the water. The portions are very ample for tapas, which I appreciated. What makes this place really great, though, is their service--top notch, super attentive, really couldn't ask for more. Our waitress, Stephanie, was wonderful, but so was the rest of the staff, including the servers in charge of refilling water, bringing dishes to the table, and clearing dishes away. Would come back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinnerPickyVIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had an enjoyable feast including GREAT potato salad (really garlicky, YUM!), a very fresh salad, mushroom caps, and steak broquettes with horseradish sauce. These plates are tapas, so we had plenty of food. My husband also had fried bacon-wrapped dates. The only drawback was the breadbasket--it was stale! nevertheless, we will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Great dinnerBESQDined on 9/12/2014I had dinner at Emilio's on Friday, September 12. There were 4 people in our party. The server was great. Two people in our group had never experienced tapas before and she was very helpful in suggesting dishes for us to try. We loved the bacon wrapped dates and the flank steak with a chimmichurri-like sauce. So delicious! We also had a pitcher of sangria. It was good but I've had better. All in all, great experience. I would definitely go back the next time I'm in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Great for a group, food was delicious and the service was great. Went for a Bachelorette party, gave her special attention and a complimentary dessert. Would recommend for any occasion!Special Features:
- luv2gooutDined on 8/30/2014Not that great! The service was excellent but I did not find the food all that good. Somewhat outdated
- Great lunchOvidiuDined on 8/28/2014Many tanks to Luis and very professional service. The Paella was exactly like we eat in Spain. I recommend to everybody Gazpacho made, it was just perfect and simply delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abbaroodleDined on 8/23/2014The tapas were delicious! Plenty of veggie options for those who lean that way. We also had the veggie paella which was good but not as good as the tapas.Special Features:
- Awesome!DisappointedVIPDined on 8/23/2014What a wonderful way to spend an evening! The food was outstanding and service the same! Loved all the tapas choices! Only wish there had been more than two of us so we could have tried even more choices! Will definitely be heading back any chance we get!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!WelovewineDined on 8/9/2014Brought three of my friends here for dinner. We were away for a girls weekend, and this was our last stop for dinner before heading home. We had a beautiful night to sit outdoors. The food was fabulous, and all of my friends raved about the food, wine was delicious as was the dessert! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.