Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
4100 Roosevelt Road
Hillside, IL 60162Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.emiliostapas.com/
- Phone: 7085477177x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday:11:30-4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Emilio Gervilla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Emilio's Tapas Caters! We can Deliver or Provide Full Restaurant Service! Please see our Menus on our Web-Site or email nancy@ emiliostapas.com
- Entertainment: Occasional Spanish Flamenco or Spanish Guitar
- Special Events: For Private Parties, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flamenco Shows, Solo Spanish Guitarist, Island Patio Live Music, Spanish Wine Tastings, Spanish Wine/Dinner Pairings, Emilio Cooks Classes and Demonstrations!
Also Serving Funeral Lunches - near Queen of Heaven, Mt. Carmel Cemeteries.
Private Dinners/Cocktail Parties/Tapas & Sangria Events, Patio Dinners.
A word from Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
Thank you for your interest in Emilio’s Tapas. Emilio’s Tapas is an authentic Spanish Tapas Bar Restaurant conveniently located in West Suburban Hillside. Spanish cuisine can best be described as a mix of French and Italian influences; tapas are small dishes ideal for appetizers or when ordered in rounds build a complete meal. Our menu consists of regional Spanish specialties, original dishes created by Emilio offered in both the dining room and bar for dinner daily. The restaurant is casual with spacious dining rooms and an energetic atmosphere accentuated by colorful Spanish murals, music and tiles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside - Best Restaurants in Hillside ›
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (51)special occasion (48)romantic (24)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Place for PaellaRJS6675Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I love Emilio's for their wonderful selection of tapas and especially the Paella. We had the Paella Valentina and it was excellent. They also have a great selection of sangrias, wines and other alcoholic beverages. Originally we weren't going to go out for dinner because of Sweetest Day and how crowded restaurants get - which generally means lack of good service - but things went smoothly and we really can't say anything negative about our meal or the service! We will definitely be going back again soon. RJSSpecial Features:
- Quarter Century of Great FoodRobertDined on 10/18/2014We have been going to Emilio's for nearly 25 years and always have a good experience. The staff are friendly, we have known most of them for 20 of those 25 years, daily specials always delight, and kitchen performance is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014My family took me out to Emilio's for my birthday. Great food. Try the bacon wrapped dates.Special Features:
- Pretty NiceIliketapasDined on 10/11/2014The chairs and tables are very close together so people bump into you and bang their chair into yours as they are making their way to their table or booth and/or trying to sit in their own chair. The restaurant decor had a lot of taxidermy (birds) around, seemed a little cluttered. The waitress was a little pushy, I didn't get a friendly vibe from her. They gave us a free sample plate which was nice. The food was pretty good. It COULD be romantic if it wasn't so crowded or if you were able to find a booth to sit in. Great for group outings. Great if you want to try a variety of food and just hang out.Special Features:
- Enjoying Emillio's for 26 years!ThegrovegirlDined on 10/1/2014We had another amazing dinner at Emilio's for our 31st anniversary last week. Natives to Hinsdale transplanted to San Diego 12 years ago, we don't get there as often as we used to but it's still our favorite restaurant the quality of the service, the experience and the fabulous food are unsurpassed! Annamarie, Emillio and staff were most gracious and attentive in helping us celebrate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 9/26/2014We went here on our first date, and we still love coming back over and over again. Great food, and we love to sit outside, when the weather is nice. Inside is very cozy as well, it's a very special place. Emilio came out to greet us, our special night, to finally meet him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent variety, wonderful saucessallyDined on 9/23/2014Been going to Emilio's for years. He is thoughtful and always gives us a free treat taste. Lots of diverse dishes to please everybody. Don't forget to save room for one of the delicious desserts. Very reasonable too.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great experience at Emilios. Every dish we had was delicious. The service was great. It got too noisy around 7:30 when the restaurant was very busy. I would definitely go back and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- subfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Good for celebrating , the selection of entrees and specials were exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Emilio's is a consistent winnertalldrinkDined on 9/11/2014We had a great experience at Emilio's. The server was very knowledgeable. We shared two cold and two hot tapas, and all four dishes were delicious, expertly prepared, and nicely presented. Their homemade sangria was also terrific. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerSusannaDined on 9/6/2014We had a party of 8 adults, ordered liberally from the small plates menu and shared everything. We were not disappointed with one dish. Sangria was outstanding. With wine about $40.00/person. Fun atmosphere and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to go more oftenVeggirlDined on 9/6/2014We went for a Saturday lunch with friends; it made us realize that we go too infrequently. Everything we ordered was wonderful. Great choices for both the vegetarians and meat-lovers in our group.Special Features:
- Emilio's is the bestjfloresDined on 9/5/2014Have been here dozens of times. Never fails. Had escargot, so delicious, soft shell crab delight, potato salad brings you palette to light. Always busy, but you are treated like family. Emilio came out and thanked us. Feel likes friends house. Never pass this by if in neighborhood, you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Fun eveningmsbluejayDined on 8/31/2014We were at Emilio's on the last Sunday of August. Great ambience in the outdoor seating area. Tapas and sangria were fantastic! Our favorite is still the Tortilla Espanola. Service was pleasant but a little slow because they were busy. We didn't mind because we weren't in a hurry and we were enjoying the flamenco music and dancing.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsMoM2VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our group of 6 went to Emillio's on a recent Friday night. Our table was waiting for us. The restaurant was almost full, including the lovely patio. Our drink order was taken promptly, bread and butter was put on the table, and a complementary horsedoerves - 6 portions- arrived. After consulting with each other, each of us listed a different favorite tapas, which we ordered in two stages, cold first, then hot tapas which we shared. Emillio came over to say Hello. We also shared a couple great desserts with our coffee or sherry. Some of us have been going to Emillio's since it opened 25 years- never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful server who provided great options for us and was also very attentive. Had a wonderful experience and will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014The food is fantastic! You can choose from a wide variety of tapas that appeals to many different tastes and palates.
- perfect eveningChrisdyVIPDined on 8/26/2014We have been to Emilio's downtown Chicago and we were not disappointed at all! The service was very good and the tapas were excellent. We never felt rushed to order more and the pace was refreshing. Excellent rooms wine tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tapas are tops!Letmedance22Dined on 8/24/2014We loved Emilio's! Was looking up tapas on google, came across and brought the family..and what a wonderful evening we had. Went on a Sunday to hear/watch the Flamenco. The music and dancers were beautiful, really added to the whole experience. Our waitress was excellent, very patient and informative. Food was excellent, fresh, incredibly delicious..we will definitely return. A real find in the burbs for a true taste of Spain !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaellaGringoDined on 8/24/2014I brought a spaniard from the Canary Islands here. He said it was the best paella. I've been eating there for over 25 yrs, the tapas are awesome but leave room for the seafood paella. Eat there and you know why they've been there 25 yrs and they will still be there another 25 yrs. Enjoy!!! Take your time, it's not fast food.Special Features:
- Great tapas in hillsidewindycityVIPDined on 8/22/2014Emilio's has been around for over 25 years at this location and its longevity is due in great part to the great cooking team Emilio has put together and his dedication to quality and consistency. Highly recommend trying dishes off his specials menu as there is where he takes risks with new dishes. Very good wine list and a good selection of sherry. Staff is excellent and do a great job pacing dishes. Very lively in the restaurant and in the summer they have an outdoor patio.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGCOCODined on 8/21/2014EMILIO HAS A WAY WITH FOOD, AND HIS "SAYING HELLO" TO EACH TABLE IS SPECIAL.Special Features:
- 08/16/14kiwiDined on 8/16/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival. Service was quick , thorough and always present. Food was delightful, fun , different and exciting. A good place to savor many flavorful sensations of the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the Air ShowBigT53VIPDined on 8/14/2014The sangria was ice cold with fresh fruit. Very tasty. The plates were varied and had a nice relish with some. Sauces were good. The free taster plate was extremely good. All in all a good experience. It was not as busy as in the past so we sat outside. The road was noisy but after a couple of sangria's who cares anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what I was hoping it would be.newtoChicagoDined on 8/7/2014I heard about Emilio's online when my daughter moved to Chicago. Finally moved here myself and it is first on my list. Great, fun experience!Special Features:
- Amazing MealAmazingMealandMoreDined on 8/2/2014Wow! My husband and I have not been to Emilio's Tapas for a few years. It was a delicious treat and the waitress was the best. Thank you for the awesome meal, sweet sangria, and special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We sat on the outdoor patio, and it was like being transported to Spain. The food was all excellent, but the service of our waiter, Alfredo, was super!Special Features:
- Always Greatfevre70Dined on 8/2/2014We have been going to Emilio's for years. You can count on prompt service, great food and the best sangria. Highly recommend the bacon wrapped dates, garlic potato salad and beef brochette. Once again my husband ordered the seafood paella and then couldn't finish it due to too many yummy tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tapasjfloresDined on 7/31/2014Always delivers consisten food. Service top notch. Always a hello for regulars and newbies. Lucky to have this great spot.Special Features:
- Restaurante esta Fantastico!JaneTheVeggieLoverDined on 7/25/2014Loved our meal St Emilio's! We ordered a variety of small plates including the garlic potato salad, goat cheese with tomato sauce, spicy potatoes, lamb, beef, and chicken. We enjoyed the variety with our pitcher of sangria while our veggie paella was being prepared. The paella was wonderful, with a luscious selection of perfectly done veggies. The menu met the needs of carnivores and vegetarians alike. The flan was creamy and sweet and was accompanied by decaf coffee even coffee snobs (like me) could enjoy. Emilio was present in the dining room, ensuring that the service remained top notch...which it did. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodnicoleDined on 7/21/2014I was at emilios for my boyfriends birthday and it was our first time there. I have nothing but good things to say. Their tapas are just amazing and the atmosphere was pleasant. I look forward to the day we come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservationborn2eatDined on 7/18/2014Tapas food is the best, Emilios is one my favorite places. They sometimes serve a sampling of a new menu item which is very good. I recommend the potato salad, the stuffed mushrooms plus the pork tenderloin. Tapas restaurants are better enjoyed by a group of people usually four or more. The noise level is moderate. So if you are looking for a quiet romantic experience you might be disappointed. The overall dining experience was good but when I made my reservation using "Open Table" I was disappointed to find out that my table was not ready upon arrival. It was too crowded We had to wait for about a half hour for our table. Isn't that the purpose of the reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas, sherry, and more tapasPickyDined on 7/14/2014You can always count on Emilio's for superb tapas and superb service, accompanied with a nice collection of sherries and Spanish wines. We have been going to the Hillside restaurant since it opened and have never been disappointed. We did a round of cold with dry sherry and the hot with a flight of Spanish reds. Since it was a Monday and early, the restaurant was not crowded and quite comfortable. I whole heartedly recommend dining there for a truly different experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasLuvtapasDined on 7/11/2014It took a while for the food to be served Having tried tapas in Spain we were disappointed The paella was decentSpecial Features:
- E-mail sent to EmilioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Dear Emilio, We have been regular diners at your restaurant for many years, probably since you opened at Hillside. Last night we dined in celebration of our wedding anniversary, and we were disappointed with the food. The food was of very mixed quality....the dates with bacon tapas was extraordinarily salty. Also the beef brochette with horse radish sauce was particularly tiny in size and was virtually cold when served to us. The special patee was good and the other dish my wife ordered was OK, For the first time since you opened, an unmemorable experience for us, I am sure you would want to know about this, Sincerely, Reverend John and Karen Dolan 708.246.8474
- Delicious DinnerLisaAnneDined on 6/28/2014Perfect for a dinner with my mom with a wide variety of cold and warm tapas, classics and news ones I have not tried yet! Very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014It was a huge disappointment. We dined at Emilio's several months prior and it's as if it's a completely different restaurant. The food was cold and lacked flavor.
- Emilio's Tapas is our first choicetriumphDined on 6/24/2014Emilio's has been pleasing us for 26 years. We first discovered his restaurant 2 weeks after he opened it, and we have been coming back for special occasions, date nights, and quite a few New Years Eves. We have always left satisfied in all of our senses, especially taste. It's great to share dishes with our friends and family. There is no other restaurant that we love as much, and it has stood the test of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 404 reviews are from the Emilio's Tapas - Hillside reviews archive.
- Adiós, Emilio'sTapeadoraDined on 6/20/2014We haven't been to Emilio's in years & decided to return with some friends on a Friday evening. What a disappointment! There were very few diners, and the service was extremely slow. It took almost 10 minutes for our waiter Roberto to approach our table. We had to ask him for the list of specials whereas he should have brought it to us. It took a long time before our wine was served, and the service nightmare continued after ordering tapas. Another waitress had to step in & take our order for more tapas. A few warm ones arrived cold or lukewarm. We won't be returning, & will enjoy better service & variety of tapas at Café Ibérico.
- So Good!!cinderellenDined on 6/15/2014We haven't been here in years. It exceeded any expectation we had. The food was outstanding. Service was pretty good-it was quite busy as it was Father's Day. We were in no hurry so it didn't impact our dinner. That being said, there was a buffet outside. As the tables are pretty close together, there was a lot of getting bumped into as people made there way back and forth. Oh, and the sangria!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.