Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
4100 Roosevelt Road
Hillside, IL 60162Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.emiliostapas.com/
- Phone: 7085477177x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday:11:30-4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Emilio Gervilla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Emilio's Tapas Caters! We can Deliver or Provide Full Restaurant Service! Please see our Menus on our Web-Site or email nancy@ emiliostapas.com
- Entertainment: Occasional Spanish Flamenco or Spanish Guitar
- Special Events: For Private Parties, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flamenco Shows, Solo Spanish Guitarist, Island Patio Live Music, Spanish Wine Tastings, Spanish Wine/Dinner Pairings, Emilio Cooks Classes and Demonstrations!
Also Serving Funeral Lunches - near Queen of Heaven, Mt. Carmel Cemeteries.
Private Dinners/Cocktail Parties/Tapas & Sangria Events, Patio Dinners.
A word from Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
Thank you for your interest in Emilio’s Tapas. Emilio’s Tapas is an authentic Spanish Tapas Bar Restaurant conveniently located in West Suburban Hillside. Spanish cuisine can best be described as a mix of French and Italian influences; tapas are small dishes ideal for appetizers or when ordered in rounds build a complete meal. Our menu consists of regional Spanish specialties, original dishes created by Emilio offered in both the dining room and bar for dinner daily. The restaurant is casual with spacious dining rooms and an energetic atmosphere accentuated by colorful Spanish murals, music and tiles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside - Best Restaurants in Hillside ›
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)good for groups (59)great for outdoor dining (54)special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (25)great for lunch (20)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We were at Emilio's on the last Sunday of August. Great ambience in the outdoor seating area. Tapas and sangria were fantastic! Our favorite is still the Tortilla Espanola. Service was pleasant but a little slow because they were busy. We didn't mind because we weren't in a hurry and we were enjoying the flamenco music and dancing.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsMoM2VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our group of 6 went to Emillio's on a recent Friday night. Our table was waiting for us. The restaurant was almost full, including the lovely patio. Our drink order was taken promptly, bread and butter was put on the table, and a complementary horsedoerves - 6 portions- arrived. After consulting with each other, each of us listed a different favorite tapas, which we ordered in two stages, cold first, then hot tapas which we shared. Emillio came over to say Hello. We also shared a couple great desserts with our coffee or sherry. Some of us have been going to Emillio's since it opened 25 years- never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tapas are tops!Letmedance22Dined on 8/24/2014We loved Emilio's! Was looking up tapas on google, came across and brought the family..and what a wonderful evening we had. Went on a Sunday to hear/watch the Flamenco. The music and dancers were beautiful, really added to the whole experience. Our waitress was excellent, very patient and informative. Food was excellent, fresh, incredibly delicious..we will definitely return. A real find in the burbs for a true taste of Spain !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaellaGringoDined on 8/24/2014I brought a spaniard from the Canary Islands here. He said it was the best paella. I've been eating there for over 25 yrs, the tapas are awesome but leave room for the seafood paella. Eat there and you know why they've been there 25 yrs and they will still be there another 25 yrs. Enjoy!!! Take your time, it's not fast food.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGCOCODined on 8/21/2014EMILIO HAS A WAY WITH FOOD, AND HIS "SAYING HELLO" TO EACH TABLE IS SPECIAL.Special Features:
- 08/16/14kiwiDined on 8/16/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival. Service was quick , thorough and always present. Food was delightful, fun , different and exciting. A good place to savor many flavorful sensations of the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the Air ShowBigT53VIPDined on 8/14/2014The sangria was ice cold with fresh fruit. Very tasty. The plates were varied and had a nice relish with some. Sauces were good. The free taster plate was extremely good. All in all a good experience. It was not as busy as in the past so we sat outside. The road was noisy but after a couple of sangria's who cares anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what I was hoping it would be.newtoChicagoDined on 8/7/2014I heard about Emilio's online when my daughter moved to Chicago. Finally moved here myself and it is first on my list. Great, fun experience!Special Features:
- Amazing MealAmazingMealandMoreDined on 8/2/2014Wow! My husband and I have not been to Emilio's Tapas for a few years. It was a delicious treat and the waitress was the best. Thank you for the awesome meal, sweet sangria, and special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We sat on the outdoor patio, and it was like being transported to Spain. The food was all excellent, but the service of our waiter, Alfredo, was super!Special Features:
- Always Greatfevre70Dined on 8/2/2014We have been going to Emilio's for years. You can count on prompt service, great food and the best sangria. Highly recommend the bacon wrapped dates, garlic potato salad and beef brochette. Once again my husband ordered the seafood paella and then couldn't finish it due to too many yummy tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tapasjfloresDined on 7/31/2014Always delivers consisten food. Service top notch. Always a hello for regulars and newbies. Lucky to have this great spot.Special Features:
- Restaurante esta Fantastico!JaneTheVeggieLoverDined on 7/25/2014Loved our meal St Emilio's! We ordered a variety of small plates including the garlic potato salad, goat cheese with tomato sauce, spicy potatoes, lamb, beef, and chicken. We enjoyed the variety with our pitcher of sangria while our veggie paella was being prepared. The paella was wonderful, with a luscious selection of perfectly done veggies. The menu met the needs of carnivores and vegetarians alike. The flan was creamy and sweet and was accompanied by decaf coffee even coffee snobs (like me) could enjoy. Emilio was present in the dining room, ensuring that the service remained top notch...which it did. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodnicoleDined on 7/21/2014I was at emilios for my boyfriends birthday and it was our first time there. I have nothing but good things to say. Their tapas are just amazing and the atmosphere was pleasant. I look forward to the day we come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservationborn2eatDined on 7/18/2014Tapas food is the best, Emilios is one my favorite places. They sometimes serve a sampling of a new menu item which is very good. I recommend the potato salad, the stuffed mushrooms plus the pork tenderloin. Tapas restaurants are better enjoyed by a group of people usually four or more. The noise level is moderate. So if you are looking for a quiet romantic experience you might be disappointed. The overall dining experience was good but when I made my reservation using "Open Table" I was disappointed to find out that my table was not ready upon arrival. It was too crowded We had to wait for about a half hour for our table. Isn't that the purpose of the reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas, sherry, and more tapasPickyDined on 7/14/2014You can always count on Emilio's for superb tapas and superb service, accompanied with a nice collection of sherries and Spanish wines. We have been going to the Hillside restaurant since it opened and have never been disappointed. We did a round of cold with dry sherry and the hot with a flight of Spanish reds. Since it was a Monday and early, the restaurant was not crowded and quite comfortable. I whole heartedly recommend dining there for a truly different experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasLuvtapasDined on 7/11/2014It took a while for the food to be served Having tried tapas in Spain we were disappointed The paella was decentSpecial Features:
- E-mail sent to EmilioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Dear Emilio, We have been regular diners at your restaurant for many years, probably since you opened at Hillside. Last night we dined in celebration of our wedding anniversary, and we were disappointed with the food. The food was of very mixed quality....the dates with bacon tapas was extraordinarily salty. Also the beef brochette with horse radish sauce was particularly tiny in size and was virtually cold when served to us. The special patee was good and the other dish my wife ordered was OK, For the first time since you opened, an unmemorable experience for us, I am sure you would want to know about this, Sincerely, Reverend John and Karen Dolan 708.246.8474
- Delicious DinnerLisaAnneDined on 6/28/2014Perfect for a dinner with my mom with a wide variety of cold and warm tapas, classics and news ones I have not tried yet! Very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014It was a huge disappointment. We dined at Emilio's several months prior and it's as if it's a completely different restaurant. The food was cold and lacked flavor.
- Emilio's Tapas is our first choicetriumphDined on 6/24/2014Emilio's has been pleasing us for 26 years. We first discovered his restaurant 2 weeks after he opened it, and we have been coming back for special occasions, date nights, and quite a few New Years Eves. We have always left satisfied in all of our senses, especially taste. It's great to share dishes with our friends and family. There is no other restaurant that we love as much, and it has stood the test of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adiós, Emilio'sTapeadoraDined on 6/20/2014We haven't been to Emilio's in years & decided to return with some friends on a Friday evening. What a disappointment! There were very few diners, and the service was extremely slow. It took almost 10 minutes for our waiter Roberto to approach our table. We had to ask him for the list of specials whereas he should have brought it to us. It took a long time before our wine was served, and the service nightmare continued after ordering tapas. Another waitress had to step in & take our order for more tapas. A few warm ones arrived cold or lukewarm. We won't be returning, & will enjoy better service & variety of tapas at Café Ibérico.
- So Good!!cinderellenDined on 6/15/2014We haven't been here in years. It exceeded any expectation we had. The food was outstanding. Service was pretty good-it was quite busy as it was Father's Day. We were in no hurry so it didn't impact our dinner. That being said, there was a buffet outside. As the tables are pretty close together, there was a lot of getting bumped into as people made there way back and forth. Oh, and the sangria!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & FunsistersueVIPDined on 6/13/2014As always, the food was delicious. We had gazpacho, pisto manchego, tortilla, pincho de sollomillo (pardon the spelling), a wild mushroom special, and of course, Red Sangria. We made new friends at the table next to use talking about each other's favorite dishes for the night. We had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Great service. Never feel rushed. Servers are very informed. Food is great! Will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHappy2eatDined on 6/9/2014Our experience was fantastic. It had been years since we had been here, and it was just as good as I remembered. We were greeted and seated promptly, the waiter was attentive but not hovering and the food was WONDERFUL. Each item was our favorite - until we tasted the next one. The complementary appetizer and moscato were nice touches, we will be back again. Thank you, Emilio and staff.Special Features:
- DinnerLorneVIPDined on 5/30/2014Very good dinner and service. the chicken croquettes were outstanding!Special Features:
- Food outdoes serviceChicagofoodloversVIPDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I have been to Emilio's quite a few times.We have been going even when he had a restaurant in Lincoln Park.As always the food was excellent.One drawback, bones were found in the trout tapas.We were there for about an hour and a half enjoying the food.All during the time Emilio was visiting tables speaking with customers.He seemed to avoid our table as he had done in past visits.We have been to other restaurants where the owner or chef comes by to see how our meal was.One thing I wanted was another soft drink but the waitress didn't bother to ask.She did deduct the trout tapas from the bill.This place you should enjoy the food but not the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fan1foreverFan1foreverDined on 5/23/2014As always excellent food and superb service. Emilio's restaurant will always be one of our favorite restaurants in Illinois.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday evening dinnerjakmoDined on 5/17/2014Another great dinner at Emilio's! He stopped by our table to say hello - very gracious. Food was awesome as usual - we ended the evening with a flight of port and bacon-wrapped dates. Tremendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tastyGNOspotsDined on 5/16/2014This little off the beaten path resturaunt will surprise you with it's refreshing sangria and tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InfoPersonVIPDined on 5/15/2014The server was not helpful, the food was not as good as usual, and it was two of us asked for a quiet table and put us by a table of 6 practically screaming all evening, not a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAGirlDined on 5/14/2014Lived out of town over a decade, first time back and happy to see Emilio's is as good as ever!Special Features:
- A bit of EuropeKatoDined on 5/12/2014This place is amazing. I went with a friend - both of us lived in London for many years, so we loved the real European food and feel. The service was great - the waiter had great recommendations; he made sure he had what we needed, but didn't pester us all night. The wine list has some great Spanish wines for very reasonable prices. The small tapas portions were great for sharing and trying new things. And the outdoor seating is cover, so good in case of rain!Special Features:
- Crowded DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I love Emilio's and love their food. It was Mother's Day so they were just super packed and overworked so the service was lacking. But as always the food was still great.Special Features:
- Authentic Tapas!BarbaraDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. The atmosphere is like being in Madrid, and the food is authentic and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasJodomDined on 5/11/2014We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food and the excellent service.Special Features:
- Charming & delicious!pmrolloutDined on 5/9/2014The tapas were all delicious especially the Spanish meatballs on the specials list and the chorizo from the Frias menu. Our waitress was very friendly and very polite. The appetizer was "on the house". So glad I was the only one at our table that loves tuna. I got to eat the whole thing! The sangria was also very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 387 reviews are from the Emilio's Tapas - Hillside reviews archive.
- 6 friends - great dinnerjudyDined on 5/4/20146 friends who haven't seen each other got together for great food. Had lots of options and the food kept coming. Sangria was wonderful as always. Service was terrific.Special Features:
- Always Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2014The food and drink is always top notch. The tapas is creative and clever. Quality fresh ingredients - never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.