Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
4100 Roosevelt Road
Hillside, IL 60162Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.emiliostapas.com/
- Phone: (708) 547-7177
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday:11:30-4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Emilio Gervilla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Emilio's Tapas Caters! We can Deliver or Provide Full Restaurant Service! Please see our Menus on our Web-Site or email nancy@ emiliostapas.com
- Entertainment: Occasional Spanish Flamenco or Spanish Guitar
- Special Events: For Private Parties, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flamenco Shows, Solo Spanish Guitarist, Island Patio Live Music, Spanish Wine Tastings, Spanish Wine/Dinner Pairings, Emilio Cooks Classes and Demonstrations!
Also Serving Funeral Lunches - near Queen of Heaven, Mt. Carmel Cemeteries.
Private Dinners/Cocktail Parties/Tapas & Sangria Events, Patio Dinners.
A word from Emilio's Tapas - Hillside
Thank you for your interest in Emilio’s Tapas. Emilio’s Tapas is an authentic Spanish Tapas Bar Restaurant conveniently located in West Suburban Hillside. Spanish cuisine can best be described as a mix of French and Italian influences; tapas are small dishes ideal for appetizers or when ordered in rounds build a complete meal. Our menu consists of regional Spanish specialties, original dishes created by Emilio offered in both the dining room and bar for dinner daily. The restaurant is casual with spacious dining rooms and an energetic atmosphere accentuated by colorful Spanish murals, music and tiles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside - Best Restaurants in Hillside ›
Emilio's Tapas - Hillside reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (64)great for outdoor dining (46)special occasion (43)romantic (21)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- The Best Food to ShareMoM2VIPDined on 11/14/2014When we want to share a few interesting dishes, we head to Emillios. Friendly service helps to make this our favorite restaurant. We order just one or two tapas sized dishes at a time and stop ordering when we begin to feel full. The sangria is tasty, especially the red. Good variety of wines and sherries. For a group, order one of the paellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDaveVIPDined on 11/9/2014Loved the bacon wrapped figs and the goat cheese phlanSpecial Features:
- Perfect, as expectedRover1Dined on 11/8/2014Emilio never fails to please. The service was excellent, the atmosphere busy but friendly, and the food as great as always. I've been having Tapas at Emilio's since they opened and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend nearly the entire menu, especially the Ham platter and the Goat cheese in tomato sauce.Special Features:
- simply awesomeRShip63Dined on 11/8/2014I only gave it 5 stars because thats the highest you have. But Emilios OMG the food out of this world a true gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good gathering place with friendsnorthshorefoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014Overall good. Nothing disappointed us. It was easy to pick something for everyone. My favorites were the bacon wrapped dates (should have gotten 2 orders) and the goat cheese in tomato sauce. Desserts were great too!
- DeliciousfoodislifeDined on 11/7/2014Had a wonderful time at Emilio's - the atmosphere was so warm and friendly. The food was absolutely amazing with such a large menu which is hard to find for tapas. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas at their Best!ChicagofoodfanVIPDined on 11/7/2014We've been coming here for 20 years. The food and service are consistently outstanding. Every day they have specials and we mostly select from that list when we come. The Spanish wines they have on their wine list are always good and fairly priced. We will keep on coming any chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!BwimmerDined on 11/6/2014Emilio's is not particularly unique looking place on the outside, but it was a trip to Spain on the inside. Chef Emilio made rounds to thank each patron for coming. The food is outstanding! From the simply excellent house salad to the exquisite paella, the dishes were unbelievably delicious! Service was also top notch! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, decor needs an updateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014We had eaten at Emilio's in the in the city before so after a function in Oak Park stopped by for a later than normal dinner. Great food! Fast service and very attentive. Garlic potato salad was the best, but be prepared to still taste it the next day. I would still however order it on our next visit. We also had the lemon garlic shrimp, somomillo steak, goat cheese in tomatoe sauce and fabulous creme brulee. The one interesting fact though is the building is a bit old and decor is kitchy. Tables were kind of just stuck in the front part of the restaurant and there was no place to stand while we wait a few minutes for our table. I will be back for the food though.Special Features:
- The BestRollstoneVIPDined on 11/1/2014Again, Emilio's combines great service, imaginative specials, solid basics and an excellent sangria to deliver us a wonderful evening. Had 2 guests who were new to tapas and they were very impressed and pleased. you just cant have a bad time here.Special Features:
- Love SharingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014If you love to share your food this is the place to go! The ingredients are top quality and Emilio and his crew always come up with something clever. It is always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Love the food! Have been going there for years and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good wine good serviceMODIDined on 10/21/2014I frequently take guests to Emilio's at Hillside. These are seminar speakers at Loyola Medical School in Maywood, or my coworkers. We can enjoy good food and wine and the noise is moderate to allow for good conversation. Occasionally I go with my wife, since we both enjoy the food, even if it is a little out of the way since we live downtown. I also recommend you to my friends. I have always had good experiences there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for PaellaRJS6675Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I love Emilio's for their wonderful selection of tapas and especially the Paella. We had the Paella Valentina and it was excellent. They also have a great selection of sangrias, wines and other alcoholic beverages. Originally we weren't going to go out for dinner because of Sweetest Day and how crowded restaurants get - which generally means lack of good service - but things went smoothly and we really can't say anything negative about our meal or the service! We will definitely be going back again soon. RJSSpecial Features:
- Quarter Century of Great FoodRobertDined on 10/18/2014We have been going to Emilio's for nearly 25 years and always have a good experience. The staff are friendly, we have known most of them for 20 of those 25 years, daily specials always delight, and kitchen performance is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014My family took me out to Emilio's for my birthday. Great food. Try the bacon wrapped dates.Special Features:
- Pretty NiceIliketapasDined on 10/11/2014The chairs and tables are very close together so people bump into you and bang their chair into yours as they are making their way to their table or booth and/or trying to sit in their own chair. The restaurant decor had a lot of taxidermy (birds) around, seemed a little cluttered. The waitress was a little pushy, I didn't get a friendly vibe from her. They gave us a free sample plate which was nice. The food was pretty good. It COULD be romantic if it wasn't so crowded or if you were able to find a booth to sit in. Great for group outings. Great if you want to try a variety of food and just hang out.Special Features:
- Enjoying Emillio's for 26 years!ThegrovegirlDined on 10/1/2014We had another amazing dinner at Emilio's for our 31st anniversary last week. Natives to Hinsdale transplanted to San Diego 12 years ago, we don't get there as often as we used to but it's still our favorite restaurant the quality of the service, the experience and the fabulous food are unsurpassed! Annamarie, Emillio and staff were most gracious and attentive in helping us celebrate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 9/26/2014We went here on our first date, and we still love coming back over and over again. Great food, and we love to sit outside, when the weather is nice. Inside is very cozy as well, it's a very special place. Emilio came out to greet us, our special night, to finally meet him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent variety, wonderful saucessallyDined on 9/23/2014Been going to Emilio's for years. He is thoughtful and always gives us a free treat taste. Lots of diverse dishes to please everybody. Don't forget to save room for one of the delicious desserts. Very reasonable too.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great experience at Emilios. Every dish we had was delicious. The service was great. It got too noisy around 7:30 when the restaurant was very busy. I would definitely go back and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- subfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Good for celebrating , the selection of entrees and specials were exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Emilio's is a consistent winnertalldrinkDined on 9/11/2014We had a great experience at Emilio's. The server was very knowledgeable. We shared two cold and two hot tapas, and all four dishes were delicious, expertly prepared, and nicely presented. Their homemade sangria was also terrific. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerSusannaDined on 9/6/2014We had a party of 8 adults, ordered liberally from the small plates menu and shared everything. We were not disappointed with one dish. Sangria was outstanding. With wine about $40.00/person. Fun atmosphere and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to go more oftenVeggirlDined on 9/6/2014We went for a Saturday lunch with friends; it made us realize that we go too infrequently. Everything we ordered was wonderful. Great choices for both the vegetarians and meat-lovers in our group.Special Features:
- Emilio's is the bestjfloresDined on 9/5/2014Have been here dozens of times. Never fails. Had escargot, so delicious, soft shell crab delight, potato salad brings you palette to light. Always busy, but you are treated like family. Emilio came out and thanked us. Feel likes friends house. Never pass this by if in neighborhood, you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Fun eveningmsbluejayDined on 8/31/2014We were at Emilio's on the last Sunday of August. Great ambience in the outdoor seating area. Tapas and sangria were fantastic! Our favorite is still the Tortilla Espanola. Service was pleasant but a little slow because they were busy. We didn't mind because we weren't in a hurry and we were enjoying the flamenco music and dancing.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsMoM2VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our group of 6 went to Emillio's on a recent Friday night. Our table was waiting for us. The restaurant was almost full, including the lovely patio. Our drink order was taken promptly, bread and butter was put on the table, and a complementary horsedoerves - 6 portions- arrived. After consulting with each other, each of us listed a different favorite tapas, which we ordered in two stages, cold first, then hot tapas which we shared. Emillio came over to say Hello. We also shared a couple great desserts with our coffee or sherry. Some of us have been going to Emillio's since it opened 25 years- never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful server who provided great options for us and was also very attentive. Had a wonderful experience and will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014The food is fantastic! You can choose from a wide variety of tapas that appeals to many different tastes and palates.
- perfect eveningChrisdyVIPDined on 8/26/2014We have been to Emilio's downtown Chicago and we were not disappointed at all! The service was very good and the tapas were excellent. We never felt rushed to order more and the pace was refreshing. Excellent rooms wine tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tapas are tops!Letmedance22Dined on 8/24/2014We loved Emilio's! Was looking up tapas on google, came across and brought the family..and what a wonderful evening we had. Went on a Sunday to hear/watch the Flamenco. The music and dancers were beautiful, really added to the whole experience. Our waitress was excellent, very patient and informative. Food was excellent, fresh, incredibly delicious..we will definitely return. A real find in the burbs for a true taste of Spain !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaellaGringoDined on 8/24/2014I brought a spaniard from the Canary Islands here. He said it was the best paella. I've been eating there for over 25 yrs, the tapas are awesome but leave room for the seafood paella. Eat there and you know why they've been there 25 yrs and they will still be there another 25 yrs. Enjoy!!! Take your time, it's not fast food.Special Features:
- Great tapas in hillsidewindycityVIPDined on 8/22/2014Emilio's has been around for over 25 years at this location and its longevity is due in great part to the great cooking team Emilio has put together and his dedication to quality and consistency. Highly recommend trying dishes off his specials menu as there is where he takes risks with new dishes. Very good wine list and a good selection of sherry. Staff is excellent and do a great job pacing dishes. Very lively in the restaurant and in the summer they have an outdoor patio.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGCOCODined on 8/21/2014EMILIO HAS A WAY WITH FOOD, AND HIS "SAYING HELLO" TO EACH TABLE IS SPECIAL.Special Features:
- 08/16/14kiwiDined on 8/16/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival. Service was quick , thorough and always present. Food was delightful, fun , different and exciting. A good place to savor many flavorful sensations of the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the Air ShowBigT53VIPDined on 8/14/2014The sangria was ice cold with fresh fruit. Very tasty. The plates were varied and had a nice relish with some. Sauces were good. The free taster plate was extremely good. All in all a good experience. It was not as busy as in the past so we sat outside. The road was noisy but after a couple of sangria's who cares anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what I was hoping it would be.newtoChicagoDined on 8/7/2014I heard about Emilio's online when my daughter moved to Chicago. Finally moved here myself and it is first on my list. Great, fun experience!Special Features:
- Amazing MealAmazingMealandMoreDined on 8/2/2014Wow! My husband and I have not been to Emilio's Tapas for a few years. It was a delicious treat and the waitress was the best. Thank you for the awesome meal, sweet sangria, and special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We sat on the outdoor patio, and it was like being transported to Spain. The food was all excellent, but the service of our waiter, Alfredo, was super!Special Features: