Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-tchoup-chop
- Phone: 4075032467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Happy Hour: 5-8 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Cathy Jacobson at 407-473-2647 to book your upcoming private party!
A word from Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Ryan Vargas, Chef de Cuisine, and Andy Vaughn, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emeril's Tchoup Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)fit for foodies (93)romantic (73)good for groups (39)notable wine list (31)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (18)late-night find (16)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Almost thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Overall the experience was pleasant and the food was tasty, just lacked the finishing touches to send the meal into culinary greatness. We will definitely return for cocktails hoping to see the progression we know this kitchen is capable of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodJOHNVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great food, great service,great all around. Highly recommend this for everyone.Special Features:
- Food mehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014My husband didn't like the menu. too many unusual choices. I cannot have seeds and the chef was nice enough to make changes but in the end my meal *KFC* was very very bland. They couldn't use the normal chicken since it is marinated with sesame seeds so he made mine with all white meat which was nice but again bland and tasteless. The shrimp appetizer was very good and sorbet was good as well.Special Features:
- Just not as good as it used to be.FloridaResidentDined on 9/14/2014Tchop chop was out go to place when we stayed at Universal. As FL residents we are there a few times a year. A few years ago the dishes were incredible, in particular the sauces. However, it was maybe a year ago they changed the Chef de Cuisne or something and since then - the food just is not as good as it used to be. Its not bad by any means, but just does not have that umami that makes you just want more and more. You also have to be VERY CAREFUL if you have allergies - we made this clear to the server (who we have had before). We had someone else drop off food that was not correct as it had items my wife is allergic to - one was delivery by the manager which was Sushi that came out less than 1 min before our entree's.
- Food was exquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Loved the food, how it was prepared unexpectedly. The crunchy shrimp, for example, we expected to be deep fried in a batter, but it came out wrapped in egg noodle then fried. Amazing! Definitely could see how this had a five star's chef stamp on it. The ONLY negative of the night was that a small dipping plate for the horse radish and soy sauce sushi was not brought out. When we asked for one, we were given a little white ramekin...seemed to take away from the presentation of the sushi.Special Features:
- Amazing food & servicesulaimanDined on 9/14/2014The food is very innovative and has an asian twist. Their wine quality and selection is great but a bit pricey. We go every year for the Magical Dining month which provides a nice appetizer, entree and dessert for $33. We splurged on the wine but it was great.Special Features:
- Special occasioncindylouDined on 9/13/2014Was a wonderful experience for my husband’s birthday dinner and the food was absolutely gourmetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian FusionHHI2EatDined on 9/13/2014Great food with a beautiful environment. A bit noisy but bearable. Would come again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Service that night was not up to the usual Emerill's standard that I have experienced in the pat but it is still worth going back to when in Orlando.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Went for our Anniversary. Took advantage of the Magical Dining as well as the regular menu. Food was amazing! Great service and atmosphere! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatDateNiteCoupleDined on 9/12/2014Went here for my wife's birthday and made reservations and overall 4 different staff members said happy birthday to her, including the hostess. Very nice ambiance, excellent service and unique food options all make for a great evening.Special Features:
- Great meal!CarlaFayeDined on 9/10/2014My daughter and I spent our first evening eating here; the service was great, food even better! We really enjoyed it and would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Kris can make some SushiKimAndGreggVIPDined on 9/7/2014We loved it. It was a really busy night but you could not tell by looking at the kitchen. It just flowed. We had many of the items from the Robata grill as we did not really have time for a Full dinner. The sushi too of course.Special Features:
- couples dinnerHuester45Dined on 9/6/2014Had a great time, ate in the bar area where the server was amazing, the management was very friendly which makes us want to go back.Special Features:
- Great experienceJohnVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was not our first, nor our last visit to Tchoup chop. Dining during the magical dining month of September just made it an extra treat. Great food. Great ambience. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014But the service was very bad. Waited long time for drinks. Had to order everything at once or we would have never received dinner order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerlamcatsDined on 9/3/2014Great service, great atmosphere but were became very nauseous following our meal. There was just something that did not agree with our stomachs. The service was very attentive!Special Features:
- Emeril does it againEnjoyingdiningDined on 8/31/2014For a special occasion I recommend Emeril's Tchoup Chop in Orlando. Great servers and unique food choices compliment the cool decor. Prices are moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentfoodie74Dined on 8/31/2014I had the seafood dish it was not that great but I saw other dishes that I would like to try. The restroom was not clean. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Foodies must goHomeGrownLocalDined on 8/29/2014Wow is what I must say about the food! Reading the menu and trying to figure out what you want is pointless so just ask your server what things are and go with your gut. My husband, the picky eater, got 2 sushi rolls and kept racing how fabulous they were all night. I tried the magical dining menu and was totally wowed as well. We noticed that the managers were very friendly and came to out table to check on our dinner which was a nice surprise from just coming if there was a problem. The servers we knowledgable but could have had service that was more silent and proactive by noticing what we needed instead of asking us at least no joke 15-20 times. The biggest let down was the bar before dinner was 1/2 empty but 100% full of dirty glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinersDined on 8/28/2014As usual, everything was wonderful. Thanks for making our anniversary special. Great food, great atmosphere, great service, reasonable prices. This is our special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Not worth itIcrane0273Dined on 8/26/2014The restaurant doesn't deserve it's high prices. The staff was friendly but got my order wrong and brought my girlfriend's appetizer after our entrees. The food was horrible, the fish was tasteless, and the food wasn't at proper temp when it arrived at the table. We had plates and spilled food still on the table when they brought us the dessert menu. Also don't eat the shrimp puff they bring to the table, it's basically styrofoam. I have no problem paying a lot of money for quality food but not for this nonsense.
- An Outstanding Dining ExperienceKRLdinesDined on 8/25/2014I've been following the chef around for awhile now, but hadn't made it up to his new restaurant -- Tchoup Tchoup, until now and was thoroughly impressed. Fresh sushi, a twist on vegetables (the cauliflower from the robata grill was outstanding) and the presentation and plump size of the mussels doesn't get better than what I had here. Right now, they are also offering a 3-course dinner special for $33 for Magical Dining Month that is worth a drive and I'm still drooling thinking about the experience. Along with the exquisite menu, the staff was knowledgeable and catered to our needs before having to ask -- definitely recommend this this place and next time that we're in Orlando, we'll have to return.Special Features:
- Great serviceclergyDined on 8/25/2014A great meal with outstanding service. Even Michael, the manager, stopped by our table to ensure everything was perfect. If it's a special occasion or if you want to try different foods, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beautiful decorEdnaEmodeDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our visit to Tchoup Chop. Service was great and food delicious. Only dissapointment was the hostess seating us by the front door, the entire place was empty (early) and she seats us by the host stand, Rookie mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I shall return....JoseDined on 8/23/2014We were greeted cordially, wait staff extremely attentive, however a large lag of time between entrees. The entrees were excellent in taste and presentation appealing to the eyes. However, though the entrees came warm, not hot, they were exquisitely made and very savory. The decor was not conducive to the Hawaiian theme which mentions "diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas." Will we return....yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We were really looking forward to eating here. The appetizers were good. As for our dinner, we were very disappoinent. We were expected more of a wow factor and it ended up bein very basic.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewAlexsDined on 8/23/2014The daily special - the scallops were great - fantastic mis of flavors. Unfortunately the other daily special - the steak - was extremely tough - very disappointing, considering its price. The Banana Cream Pie was excellent.Special Features:
- OkayDined on 8/23/2014The decor is well done. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. But the food isn't anything special. The dumplings were not any more impressive than something you would buy at a grocery. Ditto for the egg rolls. Our table had the skirt steak, snapper and sushi as entrees and nothing was memorable. The food was fine - but not worthy of the Emeril name. None of the flavors will follow me for days or make me excited to return. Overall the restaurant does very little to distinguish itself from the other spots in the resort.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and terrible foodDkorlandoDined on 8/23/2014Went there to celebrate my birthday lunch with my family. Hostess and servers were unfriendly right off the bat. My 2 year old was crying and they were giving me dirty looks, when I asked the hostess for crayons he looked at me like I was from a different planet asking for something absurd. He simply said "we don't have crayons". With a condescending smile. What kind of restaurant inside a family friendly hotel open during lunch time doesn't have crayons?! My sister and I ordered the Hawaiian something salad and half of the salad wasn't on the plate. Description mentioned tomatoes, carrots, macadamia nuts, greens, etc. No tomatoes, no macadamia and no carrots on both our salads.Special Features:
- Delicious foodCT2HarDined on 8/22/2014We went to celebrate my wife's birthday, the food was delicious, service was excellent, a little expensive but we'll worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu but Slow ServicefoodieDined on 8/20/2014There were interesting tapas items for sharing. We shared a mussel appetizer which was tasty. The sauce was filled with the sweetness from the mussels. However, the mussels were overcooked. I saw a waiter carrying an aluminum packet and wondered what it was. 5 minutes later, it was brought to our table with some garlic bread which was nicely toasted. They should have brought the mussels to us right away so the packet could be opened sooner, and then bring us the bread. We would have enjoyed the mussels more if they were not overcooked. We both enjoyed our entrees: Ahi with coucous and Fish of the Day with watermelon salad which was so refeshing after a day at the parks. Tchoup Chop is one of our favorites in Orlando. We'll be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great 2nd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014During my first visit, the food wasn't super (May be it was a Monday night:(. This time, everything was great.Special Features:
- Saddly only about decorDrFoodDined on 8/20/2014One of the most romantic restaurants I have ever seen. Simply beautiful! Saddly, the food does not match the decor. The food is just okay:( Some dishes were bland at best. i had Surf and Turf Sushi with truffle oil but it conpletely lacked flavor and any hint of truffles. The service was good but the food was disappointing. Emeril's restaurant down the road in City Walk is better.Special Features:
- Great dinnerVeggiesmomDined on 8/18/2014We chose it because they had some options for vegetarians. Vegetarian options in universal are far and few between. The food was excellent and the service was even better. When we mentioned my veggie son they went out if their way to accommodate him even further than the menu with some other options! The food was also great for non veggies and the banana cream pie was by far the greatest ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewTomW2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a great night on Saturday. Food was delicious, service was perfect. Everyone super attentive. Managers and kitchen crew always checking on us. Can't thank enough chef Ryan for making our night even more amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and delicious!DeeDeeDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and reasonably priced. Very nice ambience and great service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceStKnuckleDined on 8/15/2014Asked for suggestions and Chris our server took great care to make sure we were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGComeToSeattleDined on 8/15/2014Best Meal we have had in a long time... Open in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusion babyKimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/13/2014We love their sushi. the manager Andy asked sushi chef Chris to create a couple rolls for us. they were so good the only thing left was a couple pieces of scallions he used for decoration. My wife and I split the beat salad which tasted as if it had been picked that morning. My wife had the mussels as her entree and Loved the dish with the big crusty bread for dunking in the white wine broth. I had the whole fried snapper and dug out all of the meat from the head too. the tamarind glaze was incredible as were the bean salad that came with it. who can pass up doughnut stuffed with mocha chip ice cream for dessert? not me...Special Features: