Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-tchoup-chop
- Phone: 4075032467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Happy Hour: 5-8 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Cathy Jacobson at 407-473-2647 to book your upcoming private party!
A word from Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Ryan Vargas, Chef de Cuisine, and Andy Vaughn, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emeril's Tchoup Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (65)romantic (51)good for groups (36)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- amazing food - service was poorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014The food was very original and not like what you find everyday, really enjoyed the mix..... Fair amount if flavor and spice in most food. However the wait staff and servers seem to forget they were in a resort as well as couldn't provide capable service let alone avoid making the dinner bit of a pain. No matter how they tried they couldn't help the food shining through. I'd be interested in trying again with quality staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okserviceDined on 7/20/2014Food was great. Dessert was excellent(banana cream pie). First menu was overwhelming or did not know what to order but associates was great and patient with us. Letting us take our time. Forgot his name but our waiter is great and professional. My son likes the KFC. Love our food. First time dining here or any Emeril and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014Tchoup Chop was my birthday treat. We were greeted warmly & asked about our seating preference. Our waitress Tiffany was knowledgable, friendly & attentive. All Meals arrive at table together & with flair. Our appetizers, entres and desserts were all perfect. Couldn't have been a nicer evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tchoup ChoppedKevinDined on 7/18/2014Honestly my dish was great I had the Duck and it was very good. My wife however had the bag of mussels which is an appetizer along with a lovely salad. The Mussels were bitter and as a result she did not finish them, upon offering them to me I tasted them and felt the same way. When asked about the food I mentioned that we did not like the mussels and they removed them from our bill after offering to make her something else. Over all it is a great place and I thank the staff for being so kind as to handle things the way they did. On the décor side of things I would say it is very interesting. Not my typical style but they should be applauded for stepping out of the box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemfoodmonsterDined on 7/14/2014I have dined at Tchoup Chop's many times over te years and each and every visit is a pleasure. The food, staff, and ambience are wonderful. It is always my special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The foodNotmyfirstDined on 7/12/2014I had one of the daily specials and the scallops were so salty that they were in edibleSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerOscareatsoutDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful Restaurant. Service was not exceptional for this level of restaurant. Dress code, well forget that, shorts and tee shirts at dinner??? Not what I expected. Food was good, a little pricey because of being Emeril's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereCNoteDined on 7/12/2014Overall great experience.... Great presentation of food, quality good not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I celebrated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Anniversary at Tchoup Chop and had a thoroughly enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Everything was above my expectations..the food, atmosphere, and service were excellent..I would definately come back and recommend to all my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Food was good but our server must have been new...wasn't very attentive or organizedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb FoodcrawfyotDined on 7/9/2014The meal at Tchoup Chop was by far the best meal of our entire trip, the food was excellent, cooked to perfection and well balanced flavours. The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. The restaurant was beautiful and relaxing, thoroughly enjoyed our meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, strange serviceCherylLDined on 7/8/2014We love this place, the good is flavorful and eclectic, the drinks are strong and the service is usually spot in. We loved our waiter who actually remembered serving us from 2 years prior. Just as we're about to order dessert our waiter says he's been told to go home and someone else would take over. We were not pleased. We had all of 10 minutes left to close out. It was very strange and put a damper on our experience. I'm sure this wouldn't happen repeatedly, but it was odd and took away from our enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialkDined on 7/7/2014The food was very good, and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening, nothing greatWhiteWineDined on 6/29/2014We were able to book a table the same day; which surprised me. It was a Sunday evening so that might have been a factor. There were 4 of us & they seated us at a table near the infinity pool. Atmosphere was nice but the whole restaurant is a bit noisy. I had the Surf & Turf sushi roll. It was interesting, tasted OK but wasn't worth $18. The rest of the party had sushi or an actual entree. We all agreed everything was good but nothing exceptional. Service was very attentive but got confusing by all the different people that came to the table. The restaurant was not that busy so that might be why. It was a nice evening, there are no major complaints, however, I don't see us going back there as it was just ordinary with a big price tag.Special Features:
- An absolute must...StillSmilingDined on 6/19/2014If you're looking for the finest food in town, you must go to Emeril's Tchoup Chop. The food is amazing. The flavors are truly amazing. The combinations of flavors make your mouth smile! Excellent for those with food allergies too!!! First time I didn't have to ask for alternative prep of my food!!! Absolutely loved this dining experience and you truly will too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014We always loved Tchoup Chop, but the new menu was superb. From starters to the Key Lime Torte, nothing missed a beat. Make it a stop on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the name of EmerilsmoochDined on 6/15/2014I had the worst Fathers Day dinner I have ever had at this mockery of a fine dining establishment. The ambiance is beautiful and the service was adequate but the food was hands down the worst that I have ever had at a 'fine' dining establishment. I'm so disappointed that I want to find Emeril and make him eat the garbage that they are serving using his name. Neither child liked there meals due to being inedible, husband had to send back half his meal (which wasn't even his first choice) and "the chef" wasn't happy with the special appetizer so he wasn't serving it with no alternative. Total disappointment and I will never eat at a Emeril restaurant again.
- Excellent againDanADined on 6/15/2014My wife and I have now had two dinners at Emeril's Tchoup Chop, and each meal has been superb. The food is extraordinary, and the service exceptional. The addition of the small plates really enhances the menu. The Ahi tuna has been memorable both times.Special Features:
- one of top 5 in orlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014fantastic food, sushi, freshness and look. a must try when in orlando for pan asain food!Special Features:
- Very accommodatingNorthPalmFoodieDined on 6/13/2014The dinner was absolutely delicious. My wife has a severe garlic allergy and the staff and chef were very accommodating. Her dinner was very tasty without any danger of garlic! Our 10 year old Grandson said it was the best fish and calamari he ever had. Thanks!Special Features:
- This place rocks!FabulousVIPDined on 6/12/2014The chef is a genius! He loves to play with flavors you typically don't combine. We started with good quality sushi. For entrees we had the chefs specials: cedar wrapped salmon with BBQ sauce and wonderful veggies; the blackened mahi mahi was served with sweet vinegar seasosoned vegetables. We tasted couple different wines. The two wine snobs were happy with manager, Micheals suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2014This was my first experience at an Emeril restaurant, and I really enjoyed it. From the friendly staff, the nice ambiance, to the great food, I am a fan. They even gave us an excellent complimentary appetizer. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was just OK, Dinner was GoodMaryDined on 6/8/2014Lunch beef was overcooked - they did not charge for it however. Went that night for dinner - was pretty good. Service was outstanding. I would have thought the flavors would have been better though. I was disappointed in my meal, but my tablemate really liked her fish. I would recommend though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Foodie420Dined on 6/7/2014I absolutely LOVED this place. The food was outstanding and our waiter was just fabulous. He was so friendly and sweet. The dessert was to die for. Its affordable as well. I went with three friends and we split the bill and only ended up paying around $20 each. Thats not including the very nice tip our waiter deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst servicefrancisco2prVIPDined on 6/2/2014The lack of service ruined our experience at this restaurant. The staff was disorganized. We were served items not as ordered, and not at the same time for our entire table, as should be. And then the waiters went into a corridor leading to the kitchen, where we could see and hear them joking loudly with each other, while no one paid any attention to our table. Even getting our check was difficult and took too long because all waiters were distracted joking with each other. And to add insult to injury, the waiter who finally brought the check to our table said: "please remember that gratuities are not included", while he pointed at the space where I should add his tip. Emeril where are you? This restaurant badly needs your attention!
- Excellent all aroundmandaeDined on 6/2/2014Great customer service - a very knowledgable and personable server. Fantastic food - great twist on a caesar salad, wasabi cocktail sauce for calamari, and incredible specials.Special Features:
- BrrrjulzDined on 6/2/2014Bring warm clothes if you go early before any 'body heat' warms it up. Pretty chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cindiVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food was wonderful. Creative preparations, beautifully presented. The service was great, attentive without being intrusive.
- not so goodbobsDined on 5/31/2014I was to the restaurant last year and had a spectacular meal. When I realized I was going back to Orlando this year I could not wait to have dinner at Tchoup Chop again. What a disappointment. Everything this year was a reverse of last year. Service last year was great this year not. The Mussels in a bag were a 2 on a scale of 5. The main dish came as I was eating the last of my first dish. I sent it back asking for more time between 1st and 2nd course. Isn't that's how its done in good restaurants like Emeril's. The main course of Mahi was also just OK. Probably will never go back.Special Features:
- Great ServiceTomcat97Dined on 5/30/2014Expected a little more from the food in terms of taste and quality given the prices but the service was outstanding. Place is very noisy and it being near Disney there are always kids around.Special Features:
- AllisonVeganNomadDined on 5/30/2014The food and ambiance was absolutely outstanding. The service was more than accommodating especially amongst particular dietary needs - They offer phenomenal vegan options :) Our overall experience was simply delightful and we will certainly plan on returning! Thank you so very much!Special Features:
- vacation anniversarypnpdeeDined on 5/30/2014We wanted somewhere special for our anniversary and they came through. We sat at the kitchen bar and were greeted by everyone who passed us. Chef George welcomed us and cooks Frankie and Brandon were delightful and insightful. Chef Duffy had a special dessert made for us with Happy Anniversary spelled out in chocolate on the plate. Overall, amazing evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wonder what Emeril eats here !DeeNapDined on 5/29/2014The food was good but not what I would expect from someone of Emeril's status as a chef. I personally had the Pork Chop and if I didn't order the fried rice which was delicious I don't think I could have eaten it, the salt level was so high. The fried rice was the perfect foil for this. The pork itself was excellent and cooked to the chefs recommendation of medium it was perfect. The problem was you can find food like this in many Pan Asian restaurants, since Emeril put his name on this one I would have expected the food to be a notch above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongLuv2dineDined on 5/25/2014The food is above excellent and the staff are determined to ensure a satisfactory experience at all costs, bending over backwards to make you happy. This is the kind of dining experience that all restaurants should strive for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice polynesian/japanese style spotdogchowDined on 5/25/2014We dined here and at Emerils on CityWalk. Both were good but Emerils is slightly better in our opinion. Chop Tchoup is somewhere i would revisit as their menu had much to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still CookingBruJuDined on 5/24/2014Starting going here since it opened many changes. Food good but as many fine restaurants less for more. But if in Orlando and at universal nice play to enjoy mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Our experience at Emeril's was great! The service was polite and attentive. The waiters that served us knew the menu and gave good recommendations. We ate the sushi and edamame. The edamame was spicy but very good. The sushi was excellent. The beautiful decor was unique and makes the restaurant stand out from others. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Meatballstjs198VIPDined on 5/24/2014Dinner was good until my 7 year old daughter bit into her stone cold spaghetti and meatballs. Server came over, apologized, and said he would have it corrected and the order remade. So we waited while 6-7 orders came out of the kitchen. After the assistant server noticed that the meal never came out - he said he would check on it and let the manager know.The manager came over and tried to make light of it by saying "the chef was working really hard to remake the meal" - this is when I got angry and told him we'd had been waiting over 20 minutes for them to heat up 3 meatballs. He wouldn't admit they forgot to remake them. In the end they comped the $9 spaghetti and meatballs and brought out a dessert we did not ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous restaurant & great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Emeril's Chop chop always impresses. We love the shrimp chips and peanut sauce instead of the usual filling bread you find in most restaurants. Great service & excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.