Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-tchoup-chop
- Phone: 4075032467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Happy Hour: 5-8 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Cathy Jacobson at 407-473-2647 to book your upcoming private party!
A word from Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Ryan Vargas, Chef de Cuisine, and Andy Vaughn, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emeril's Tchoup Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)fit for foodies (108)romantic (76)good for groups (43)notable wine list (29)hot spot (28)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (17)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Food was very very dissappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We were so excited to visit Emeril's Tchoup Chop for a special birthday occasion that we saved this restaurant for our last, most special evening. This was a huge mistake. After several incredible nights, dining at various Magical Dining menu restaurants in Orlando, eating at Emeril's was the biggest culinary letdown we have ever experienced. On a Sunday night at 9pm, the service was attentive, but the place was almost empty. The Magical menu appetizers, entrees and desserts were incredible disappointments. The food was extremely bland, and with each dish, we kept hoping for some saving hail mary recovery, but alas, none was to be found. The only positive comment we can make is the signature drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- One Word AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Let me just say, what took me so long to ear here. Ate here as part of Magical Dining, we had a limited menu, and a specialty drink. The entire experience was amazing along with wonderful food. Called ahead to let them know it was our anniversary and the special little things they did made it extremely romantic. Will go here every year for our anniversary now. Compliments to the chef and wonderful staff. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. TheSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Outstanding experience once again. Our go to restaurant for those special occasions. Can't be beat in the central Florida area.Special Features:
- What a treat!SeagosOnTheTownDined on 9/23/2014The food was amazing, as usual. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The staff was attentive and friendly. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great as alwayscanolibeanVIPDined on 9/22/2014We come year at least once a year. Were able to take advantage of the Magical Dining menu this trip-it did not disappoint! The ahi nachos were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceRecommend2EveryoneDined on 9/21/2014Service was excellent and servers were very attentive. Food presentation and quality were both excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in the servicefoodie66Dined on 9/20/2014we have been to this restaurant a few times in the past. The food was good but the service was really disappointing. A lot of time in between courses. and we actually had to ask the manager to bring out the dessert course. we also found the menu was a bit more limited than in the past.Special Features:
- Girls night outDay4twoDined on 9/20/2014We had the best night with great food and good conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining MenuluvcheezDined on 9/20/2014Honestly, we were really disappointed in the portions... we somewhat expected smaller portion for the special menu but really they were too small. Also, the Seafood Cobbler didn't really have any resemblance to a cobbler - just a few herb breadcrumbs over the seafood mix, probably because the mussels and shrimp still had shells and tails.
- AmazingFoodieDined on 9/20/2014First time going to Emeril's restaurant and it was superb. Very great customer service and the food was just divine.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We travel extensively and have eaten at many Emeril’s Restaurants. Unfortunately this visit fell short of our expectations. The waiter was a snob we had made reservations and was forced to wait 30 minutes. The food was just ok and actually was not as hot as I would have expected. Save your money if appears Emeril’s not in the house at this location.
- Great EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Had a fantastic time with my wife and father at Tchoup Chop! Both of their Birthdays. Absolutely impeccable staff and service. The food was perfect. I would eat here every day if I could.Special Features:
- Almost there13MeterDashDined on 9/19/2014Overall the experience was pleasant and the food was tasty, just lacked the finishing touches to send the meal into culinary greatness. We will definitely return for cocktails hoping to see the progression we know this kitchen is capable of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodJOHNVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great food, great service,great all around. Highly recommend this for everyone.Special Features:
- High Expectations?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014it was my wife's bday. Amazing ambiance, greeted promptly. A spoon-full of a "crab salad" was given to us as a sample, and it was absolutely delicious! Unfortunately it was the highlight. The appetizers and drinks were good, but it was all downhill from there. My "seafood cobbler" & wife's Seabass were terribly bland. Did the kitchen run out of salt? The edamames were still crunchy. They brought the steak but was over-cooked and dry. Then duck fried rice per the mgr's recn, & it was tasty. They recommended their signature banana cream pie, & again it was extremely disappointing! This time it was like they ran out of sugar! There was no taste except the crust. Needless to say I had much higher expectations for a restaurant of that caliber.
- Food mehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014My husband didn't like the menu. too many unusual choices. I cannot have seeds and the chef was nice enough to make changes but in the end my meal *KFC* was very very bland. They couldn't use the normal chicken since it is marinated with sesame seeds so he made mine with all white meat which was nice but again bland and tasteless. The shrimp appetizer was very good and sorbet was good as well.Special Features:
- Just not as good as it used to be.FloridaResidentDined on 9/14/2014Tchop chop was out go to place when we stayed at Universal. As FL residents we are there a few times a year. A few years ago the dishes were incredible, in particular the sauces. However, it was maybe a year ago they changed the Chef de Cuisne or something and since then - the food just is not as good as it used to be. Its not bad by any means, but just does not have that umami that makes you just want more and more. You also have to be VERY CAREFUL if you have allergies - we made this clear to the server (who we have had before). We had someone else drop off food that was not correct as it had items my wife is allergic to - one was delivery by the manager which was Sushi that came out less than 1 min before our entree's.
- Food was exquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Loved the food, how it was prepared unexpectedly. The crunchy shrimp, for example, we expected to be deep fried in a batter, but it came out wrapped in egg noodle then fried. Amazing! Definitely could see how this had a five star's chef stamp on it. The ONLY negative of the night was that a small dipping plate for the horse radish and soy sauce sushi was not brought out. When we asked for one, we were given a little white ramekin...seemed to take away from the presentation of the sushi.Special Features:
- Amazing food & servicesulaimanDined on 9/14/2014The food is very innovative and has an asian twist. Their wine quality and selection is great but a bit pricey. We go every year for the Magical Dining month which provides a nice appetizer, entree and dessert for $33. We splurged on the wine but it was great.Special Features:
- Special occasioncindylouDined on 9/13/2014Was a wonderful experience for my husband’s birthday dinner and the food was absolutely gourmetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian FusionHHI2EatDined on 9/13/2014Great food with a beautiful environment. A bit noisy but bearable. Would come again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Service that night was not up to the usual Emerill's standard that I have experienced in the pat but it is still worth going back to when in Orlando.Special Features:
- weekendfoodwarriorDined on 9/13/2014great food great service even though it is on universal propertySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Went for our Anniversary. Took advantage of the Magical Dining as well as the regular menu. Food was amazing! Great service and atmosphere! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatDateNiteCoupleDined on 9/12/2014Went here for my wife's birthday and made reservations and overall 4 different staff members said happy birthday to her, including the hostess. Very nice ambiance, excellent service and unique food options all make for a great evening.Special Features:
- Great meal!CarlaFayeDined on 9/10/2014My daughter and I spent our first evening eating here; the service was great, food even better! We really enjoyed it and would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceShandy61VIPDined on 9/10/2014One of our favourites but younger waiting staff not as attentive
- Chef Kris can make some SushiKimAndGreggVIPDined on 9/7/2014We loved it. It was a really busy night but you could not tell by looking at the kitchen. It just flowed. We had many of the items from the Robata grill as we did not really have time for a Full dinner. The sushi too of course.Special Features:
- couples dinnerHuester45Dined on 9/6/2014Had a great time, ate in the bar area where the server was amazing, the management was very friendly which makes us want to go back.Special Features:
- Great experienceJohnVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was not our first, nor our last visit to Tchoup chop. Dining during the magical dining month of September just made it an extra treat. Great food. Great ambience. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014But the service was very bad. Waited long time for drinks. Had to order everything at once or we would have never received dinner order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerlamcatsDined on 9/3/2014Great service, great atmosphere but were became very nauseous following our meal. There was just something that did not agree with our stomachs. The service was very attentive!Special Features:
- Emeril does it againEnjoyingdiningDined on 8/31/2014For a special occasion I recommend Emeril's Tchoup Chop in Orlando. Great servers and unique food choices compliment the cool decor. Prices are moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentfoodie74Dined on 8/31/2014I had the seafood dish it was not that great but I saw other dishes that I would like to try. The restroom was not clean. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Foodies must goHomeGrownLocalDined on 8/29/2014Wow is what I must say about the food! Reading the menu and trying to figure out what you want is pointless so just ask your server what things are and go with your gut. My husband, the picky eater, got 2 sushi rolls and kept racing how fabulous they were all night. I tried the magical dining menu and was totally wowed as well. We noticed that the managers were very friendly and came to out table to check on our dinner which was a nice surprise from just coming if there was a problem. The servers we knowledgable but could have had service that was more silent and proactive by noticing what we needed instead of asking us at least no joke 15-20 times. The biggest let down was the bar before dinner was 1/2 empty but 100% full of dirty glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinersDined on 8/28/2014As usual, everything was wonderful. Thanks for making our anniversary special. Great food, great atmosphere, great service, reasonable prices. This is our special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Not worth itIcrane0273Dined on 8/26/2014The restaurant doesn't deserve it's high prices. The staff was friendly but got my order wrong and brought my girlfriend's appetizer after our entrees. The food was horrible, the fish was tasteless, and the food wasn't at proper temp when it arrived at the table. We had plates and spilled food still on the table when they brought us the dessert menu. Also don't eat the shrimp puff they bring to the table, it's basically styrofoam. I have no problem paying a lot of money for quality food but not for this nonsense.
- An Outstanding Dining ExperienceKRLdinesDined on 8/25/2014I've been following the chef around for awhile now, but hadn't made it up to his new restaurant -- Tchoup Tchoup, until now and was thoroughly impressed. Fresh sushi, a twist on vegetables (the cauliflower from the robata grill was outstanding) and the presentation and plump size of the mussels doesn't get better than what I had here. Right now, they are also offering a 3-course dinner special for $33 for Magical Dining Month that is worth a drive and I'm still drooling thinking about the experience. Along with the exquisite menu, the staff was knowledgeable and catered to our needs before having to ask -- definitely recommend this this place and next time that we're in Orlando, we'll have to return.Special Features:
- Great serviceclergyDined on 8/25/2014A great meal with outstanding service. Even Michael, the manager, stopped by our table to ensure everything was perfect. If it's a special occasion or if you want to try different foods, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beautiful decorEdnaEmodeDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our visit to Tchoup Chop. Service was great and food delicious. Only dissapointment was the hostess seating us by the front door, the entire place was empty (early) and she seats us by the host stand, Rookie mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.