Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-tchoup-chop
- Phone: 4075032467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Happy Hour: 5-8 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Cathy Jacobson at 407-473-2647 to book your upcoming private party!
A word from Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Ryan Vargas, Chef de Cuisine, and Andy Vaughn, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emeril's Tchoup Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (79)romantic (67)good for groups (39)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (25)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (13)scenic view (12)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014The restaurant doesn't deserve it's high prices. The staff was friendly but got my order wrong and brought my girlfriend's appetizer after our entrees. The food was horrible, the fish was tasteless, and the food wasn't at proper temp when it arrived at the table. We had plates and spilled food still on the table when they brought us the dessert menu. Also don't eat the shrimp puff they bring to the table, it's basically styrofoam. I have no problem paying a lot of money for quality food but not for this nonsense.
- An Outstanding Dining ExperienceKRLdinesDined on 8/25/2014I've been following the chef around for awhile now, but hadn't made it up to his new restaurant -- Tchoup Tchoup, until now and was thoroughly impressed. Fresh sushi, a twist on vegetables (the cauliflower from the robata grill was outstanding) and the presentation and plump size of the mussels doesn't get better than what I had here. Right now, they are also offering a 3-course dinner special for $33 for Magical Dining Month that is worth a drive and I'm still drooling thinking about the experience. Along with the exquisite menu, the staff was knowledgeable and catered to our needs before having to ask -- definitely recommend this this place and next time that we're in Orlando, we'll have to return.Special Features:
- Great serviceclergyDined on 8/25/2014A great meal with outstanding service. Even Michael, the manager, stopped by our table to ensure everything was perfect. If it's a special occasion or if you want to try different foods, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beautiful decorOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our visit to Tchoup Chop. Service was great and food delicious. Only dissapointment was the hostess seating us by the front door, the entire place was empty (early) and she seats us by the host stand, Rookie mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I shall return....JoseDined on 8/23/2014We were greeted cordially, wait staff extremely attentive, however a large lag of time between entrees. The entrees were excellent in taste and presentation appealing to the eyes. However, though the entrees came warm, not hot, they were exquisitely made and very savory. The decor was not conducive to the Hawaiian theme which mentions "diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas." Will we return....yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We were really looking forward to eating here. The appetizers were good. As for our dinner, we were very disappoinent. We were expected more of a wow factor and it ended up bein very basic.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewAlexsDined on 8/23/2014The daily special - the scallops were great - fantastic mis of flavors. Unfortunately the other daily special - the steak - was extremely tough - very disappointing, considering its price. The Banana Cream Pie was excellent.Special Features:
- OkayDined on 8/23/2014The decor is well done. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. But the food isn't anything special. The dumplings were not any more impressive than something you would buy at a grocery. Ditto for the egg rolls. Our table had the skirt steak, snapper and sushi as entrees and nothing was memorable. The food was fine - but not worthy of the Emeril name. None of the flavors will follow me for days or make me excited to return. Overall the restaurant does very little to distinguish itself from the other spots in the resort.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and terrible foodDkorlandoDined on 8/23/2014Went there to celebrate my birthday lunch with my family. Hostess and servers were unfriendly right off the bat. My 2 year old was crying and they were giving me dirty looks, when I asked the hostess for crayons he looked at me like I was from a different planet asking for something absurd. He simply said "we don't have crayons". With a condescending smile. What kind of restaurant inside a family friendly hotel open during lunch time doesn't have crayons?! My sister and I ordered the Hawaiian something salad and half of the salad wasn't on the plate. Description mentioned tomatoes, carrots, macadamia nuts, greens, etc. No tomatoes, no macadamia and no carrots on both our salads.Special Features:
- Delicious foodCT2HarDined on 8/22/2014We went to celebrate my wife's birthday, the food was delicious, service was excellent, a little expensive but we'll worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu but Slow ServicefoodieDined on 8/20/2014There were interesting tapas items for sharing. We shared a mussel appetizer which was tasty. The sauce was filled with the sweetness from the mussels. However, the mussels were overcooked. I saw a waiter carrying an aluminum packet and wondered what it was. 5 minutes later, it was brought to our table with some garlic bread which was nicely toasted. They should have brought the mussels to us right away so the packet could be opened sooner, and then bring us the bread. We would have enjoyed the mussels more if they were not overcooked. We both enjoyed our entrees: Ahi with coucous and Fish of the Day with watermelon salad which was so refeshing after a day at the parks. Tchoup Chop is one of our favorites in Orlando. We'll be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great 2nd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014During my first visit, the food wasn't super (May be it was a Monday night:(. This time, everything was great.Special Features:
- Saddly only about decorDrFoodDined on 8/20/2014One of the most romantic restaurants I have ever seen. Simply beautiful! Saddly, the food does not match the decor. The food is just okay:( Some dishes were bland at best. i had Surf and Turf Sushi with truffle oil but it conpletely lacked flavor and any hint of truffles. The service was good but the food was disappointing. Emeril's restaurant down the road in City Walk is better.Special Features:
- Great dinnerVeggiesmomDined on 8/18/2014We chose it because they had some options for vegetarians. Vegetarian options in universal are far and few between. The food was excellent and the service was even better. When we mentioned my veggie son they went out if their way to accommodate him even further than the menu with some other options! The food was also great for non veggies and the banana cream pie was by far the greatest ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewTomW2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a great night on Saturday. Food was delicious, service was perfect. Everyone super attentive. Managers and kitchen crew always checking on us. Can't thank enough chef Ryan for making our night even more amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and delicious!DeeDeeDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and reasonably priced. Very nice ambience and great service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceStKnuckleDined on 8/15/2014Asked for suggestions and Chris our server took great care to make sure we were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGComeToSeattleDined on 8/15/2014Best Meal we have had in a long time... Open in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusion babyKimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/13/2014We love their sushi. the manager Andy asked sushi chef Chris to create a couple rolls for us. they were so good the only thing left was a couple pieces of scallions he used for decoration. My wife and I split the beat salad which tasted as if it had been picked that morning. My wife had the mussels as her entree and Loved the dish with the big crusty bread for dunking in the white wine broth. I had the whole fried snapper and dug out all of the meat from the head too. the tamarind glaze was incredible as were the bean salad that came with it. who can pass up doughnut stuffed with mocha chip ice cream for dessert? not me...Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerStevieJDined on 8/9/2014We had dined there a number of years ago and decided to return for our 32nd anniversary. I must say that the experience was not good at all and to make matters worse, the price was way too high for the food and ambience! We do not have anything against families, as we are parents, but it was way to loud for an anniversary dinner and we feel the $200 we spent could have been spent elsewhere with a nicer atmosphere. That being said, the staff was very nice.Special Features:
- Mac4lifeMac4lifeDined on 8/9/2014Had a great lunch!! Restaurant service and decor were fantastic.Leave room for the banana cream pie, delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChapJoshDined on 8/8/2014Pan Asian with a side of awesome! This was a first visit experience and date night with my wife. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The servers were on point and the cuisine was spectacular. Highly recommend the miso soup and pork belly medallions for a starter, red snapper for the entree and the banana cream pie for dessert (a shareable must). Sake was a great pairing, wine list was a little overwhelming with so many choices. Dark and stormy was a fun and delightful mixed drink to try. Overall a winner and must do again. Thanks to our server Luis for making it an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service over priced meals.14yrChefDined on 8/8/2014If you go, wait for happy hour and get half off apps and drinks. Way over priced for what you get.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedMatthewDined on 8/7/2014We have eaten here in the past, and enjoyed it, but our most recent visit was a disappointment. The food was undercooked and, despite our requests for the dishes to be made spicy, under flavored. The service was not attentive - we had to make repeated requests for refills on drinks, and to have dirty dishes removed. When we brought our concerns to the manager, he kindly offered to comp our desserts, but we we were so frustrated by the experience at this point that we just wanted to leave. I am not sure we will return with the number of other good options in the area.
- Exceptional!foodiefamilyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Fantastic meal, exceptional service, and wonderful ambience! It couldn't have been better!
- CrisroDined on 8/6/2014We were a bit apprehensive as it looked a bit high end and we were going in as a family of 5 with young children. How wrong we were the staff were great and the food was fantastic and great value for money after coming out if Disney restaurants which were poor in comparison and a lot more expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for moreFoodie1Dined on 8/4/2014Tchoup chop not near that standard of old S beach location. Servers harried and spread out. 5 mins just to get water,15 to get the overly sweet watermelon concoction. Amuse bouche profiterole w/ BBQ pork, flavorful but cold making it unappetizing. appetizer sushi never rcvd. The Mgr. who delivered our food apologized profusely and graciously offered to provide a free dessert , not looking for restitution, but he insisted. As for the food, good,not BAM. Sesame Ahi Tuna ok ,the quinoa accompaniment more of a pleaser than the main course.The skirt steak ok,more sizzler than Emeril.Chinese fried rice I get at home had more flavor than the side dish. No better dessert anywhere than Emeril's banana Creme Pie.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceBlueGinghamGalDined on 8/4/2014On 08/04/2014 My daughter and I took two energetic and "particular" teens to dinner at Tchoup Chop after a long day at a local theme park. Booths were very comfortable. Atmosphere relaxing and gorgeous. Food was delicious and carefully prepared, beautifully presented from starters through to desserts and Espresso. Wait staff were very helpful and friendly and shared a good sense of humor with us in helping us select and enjoy our dishes. This is not the place to take the kiddies for Mac and Cheese and hotdogs. But if you want an upscale dining experience for a discerning palate this place fills the bill.Special Features:
- NLNealLDined on 8/3/2014Restaurant was nice, quite, only three tables being used in a very large restaurant. Prices were good and the food was also good. I would return.Special Features:
- TchoupChopDined on 8/1/2014Flat iron Bulgogi was delicious. Food, service and atmosphere were great. Only complaint would be that the Pork Belly Torcino was a little too fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos!remrotorDined on 7/29/2014Went twice on our Disney vacation with my three children. On the first occasion in particular the service was outstanding--we had two waiters just for our little table. Eating here is like a dream!Special Features:
- ExcellentJimGDined on 7/28/2014This is our second time here, and we'll return again the next time we are at Universal Studios. Menu is totally changed from our last visit, and even more inspiring this time!Special Features:
- Lived up to the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014From the moment we were seated, our waiters really took care of us. Everyone was friendly and made sure we were happy and had anything we needed right away. It was so nice of the sous chef to personally deliver our entrees and then check up with us on how good they were. The restaurant is beautiful and it made the ambiance fantastic.Special Features:
- Service great / food so-socamblickDined on 7/26/2014The service here is exemplary without any of the formality and pretentiousness you find in many other top restaurants. The ambience and decor are also great. This was our second visit. As last time, the starters and sweets were of 5 star taste and quality. However, the entrees this time were only so-so - pleasant enough to eat, but nothing out of the ordinary and not really worth the price. We'd give it another go if visiting Orlando again because our experience from our first visit was good.Special Features:
- Great food and servicefoodlvrDined on 7/25/2014We were greates so warmly, the shrimp flavored chips were addictive and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NashvilleFoodaddictDined on 7/25/2014Took the family (including kids) and had a wonderful experience. Excellent food, great ambiance, and excellent waiter/tress service. Would highly recommend and will definitely return on a future visit to Orlando.Special Features:
- GreatVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have never had a bad meal here. Always good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food - service was poorWCGKDined on 7/21/2014The food was very original and not like what you find everyday, really enjoyed the mix..... Fair amount if flavor and spice in most food. However the wait staff and servers seem to forget they were in a resort as well as couldn't provide capable service let alone avoid making the dinner bit of a pain. No matter how they tried they couldn't help the food shining through. I'd be interested in trying again with quality staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okserviceDined on 7/20/2014Food was great. Dessert was excellent(banana cream pie). First menu was overwhelming or did not know what to order but associates was great and patient with us. Letting us take our time. Forgot his name but our waiter is great and professional. My son likes the KFC. Love our food. First time dining here or any Emeril and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinnerDFrankie301Dined on 7/20/2014Tchoup Chop was my birthday treat. We were greeted warmly & asked about our seating preference. Our waitress Tiffany was knowledgable, friendly & attentive. All Meals arrive at table together & with flair. Our appetizers, entres and desserts were all perfect. Couldn't have been a nicer evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.