Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-tchoup-chop
- Phone: 4075032467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Happy Hour: 5-8 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Cathy Jacobson at 407-473-2647 to book your upcoming private party!
A word from Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Ryan Vargas, Chef de Cuisine, and Andy Vaughn, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emeril's Tchoup Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (79)romantic (64)good for groups (39)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (24)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)great for lunch (12)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- My reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a great night on Saturday. Food was delicious, service was perfect. Everyone super attentive. Managers and kitchen crew always checking on us. Can't thank enough chef Ryan for making our night even more amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and reasonably priced. Very nice ambience and great service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGComeToSeattleDined on 8/15/2014Best Meal we have had in a long time... Open in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusion babyKimAndGreggDined on 8/13/2014We love their sushi. the manager Andy asked sushi chef Chris to create a couple rolls for us. they were so good the only thing left was a couple pieces of scallions he used for decoration. My wife and I split the beat salad which tasted as if it had been picked that morning. My wife had the mussels as her entree and Loved the dish with the big crusty bread for dunking in the white wine broth. I had the whole fried snapper and dug out all of the meat from the head too. the tamarind glaze was incredible as were the bean salad that came with it. who can pass up doughnut stuffed with mocha chip ice cream for dessert? not me...Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerStevieJDined on 8/9/2014We had dined there a number of years ago and decided to return for our 32nd anniversary. I must say that the experience was not good at all and to make matters worse, the price was way too high for the food and ambience! We do not have anything against families, as we are parents, but it was way to loud for an anniversary dinner and we feel the $200 we spent could have been spent elsewhere with a nicer atmosphere. That being said, the staff was very nice.Special Features:
- Mac4lifeMac4lifeDined on 8/9/2014Had a great lunch!! Restaurant service and decor were fantastic.Leave room for the banana cream pie, delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChapJoshDined on 8/8/2014Pan Asian with a side of awesome! This was a first visit experience and date night with my wife. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The servers were on point and the cuisine was spectacular. Highly recommend the miso soup and pork belly medallions for a starter, red snapper for the entree and the banana cream pie for dessert (a shareable must). Sake was a great pairing, wine list was a little overwhelming with so many choices. Dark and stormy was a fun and delightful mixed drink to try. Overall a winner and must do again. Thanks to our server Luis for making it an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service over priced meals.14yrChefDined on 8/8/2014If you go, wait for happy hour and get half off apps and drinks. Way over priced for what you get.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedMatthewDined on 8/7/2014We have eaten here in the past, and enjoyed it, but our most recent visit was a disappointment. The food was undercooked and, despite our requests for the dishes to be made spicy, under flavored. The service was not attentive - we had to make repeated requests for refills on drinks, and to have dirty dishes removed. When we brought our concerns to the manager, he kindly offered to comp our desserts, but we we were so frustrated by the experience at this point that we just wanted to leave. I am not sure we will return with the number of other good options in the area.
- Exceptional!foodiefamilyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Fantastic meal, exceptional service, and wonderful ambience! It couldn't have been better!
- CrisroDined on 8/6/2014We were a bit apprehensive as it looked a bit high end and we were going in as a family of 5 with young children. How wrong we were the staff were great and the food was fantastic and great value for money after coming out if Disney restaurants which were poor in comparison and a lot more expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for moreFoodie1Dined on 8/4/2014Tchoup chop not near that standard of old S beach location. Servers harried and spread out. 5 mins just to get water,15 to get the overly sweet watermelon concoction. Amuse bouche profiterole w/ BBQ pork, flavorful but cold making it unappetizing. appetizer sushi never rcvd. The Mgr. who delivered our food apologized profusely and graciously offered to provide a free dessert , not looking for restitution, but he insisted. As for the food, good,not BAM. Sesame Ahi Tuna ok ,the quinoa accompaniment more of a pleaser than the main course.The skirt steak ok,more sizzler than Emeril.Chinese fried rice I get at home had more flavor than the side dish. No better dessert anywhere than Emeril's banana Creme Pie.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceBlueGinghamGalDined on 8/4/2014On 08/04/2014 My daughter and I took two energetic and "particular" teens to dinner at Tchoup Chop after a long day at a local theme park. Booths were very comfortable. Atmosphere relaxing and gorgeous. Food was delicious and carefully prepared, beautifully presented from starters through to desserts and Espresso. Wait staff were very helpful and friendly and shared a good sense of humor with us in helping us select and enjoy our dishes. This is not the place to take the kiddies for Mac and Cheese and hotdogs. But if you want an upscale dining experience for a discerning palate this place fills the bill.Special Features:
- NLNealLDined on 8/3/2014Restaurant was nice, quite, only three tables being used in a very large restaurant. Prices were good and the food was also good. I would return.Special Features:
- TchoupChopDined on 8/1/2014Flat iron Bulgogi was delicious. Food, service and atmosphere were great. Only complaint would be that the Pork Belly Torcino was a little too fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos!remrotorDined on 7/29/2014Went twice on our Disney vacation with my three children. On the first occasion in particular the service was outstanding--we had two waiters just for our little table. Eating here is like a dream!Special Features:
- ExcellentJimGDined on 7/28/2014This is our second time here, and we'll return again the next time we are at Universal Studios. Menu is totally changed from our last visit, and even more inspiring this time!Special Features:
- Lived up to the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014From the moment we were seated, our waiters really took care of us. Everyone was friendly and made sure we were happy and had anything we needed right away. It was so nice of the sous chef to personally deliver our entrees and then check up with us on how good they were. The restaurant is beautiful and it made the ambiance fantastic.Special Features:
- Service great / food so-socamblickDined on 7/26/2014The service here is exemplary without any of the formality and pretentiousness you find in many other top restaurants. The ambience and decor are also great. This was our second visit. As last time, the starters and sweets were of 5 star taste and quality. However, the entrees this time were only so-so - pleasant enough to eat, but nothing out of the ordinary and not really worth the price. We'd give it another go if visiting Orlando again because our experience from our first visit was good.Special Features:
- Great food and servicefoodlvrDined on 7/25/2014We were greates so warmly, the shrimp flavored chips were addictive and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NashvilleFoodaddictDined on 7/25/2014Took the family (including kids) and had a wonderful experience. Excellent food, great ambiance, and excellent waiter/tress service. Would highly recommend and will definitely return on a future visit to Orlando.Special Features:
- GreatVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have never had a bad meal here. Always good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food - service was poorWCGKDined on 7/21/2014The food was very original and not like what you find everyday, really enjoyed the mix..... Fair amount if flavor and spice in most food. However the wait staff and servers seem to forget they were in a resort as well as couldn't provide capable service let alone avoid making the dinner bit of a pain. No matter how they tried they couldn't help the food shining through. I'd be interested in trying again with quality staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okserviceDined on 7/20/2014Food was great. Dessert was excellent(banana cream pie). First menu was overwhelming or did not know what to order but associates was great and patient with us. Letting us take our time. Forgot his name but our waiter is great and professional. My son likes the KFC. Love our food. First time dining here or any Emeril and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinnerDFrankie301Dined on 7/20/2014Tchoup Chop was my birthday treat. We were greeted warmly & asked about our seating preference. Our waitress Tiffany was knowledgable, friendly & attentive. All Meals arrive at table together & with flair. Our appetizers, entres and desserts were all perfect. Couldn't have been a nicer evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tchoup ChoppedKevinDined on 7/18/2014Honestly my dish was great I had the Duck and it was very good. My wife however had the bag of mussels which is an appetizer along with a lovely salad. The Mussels were bitter and as a result she did not finish them, upon offering them to me I tasted them and felt the same way. When asked about the food I mentioned that we did not like the mussels and they removed them from our bill after offering to make her something else. Over all it is a great place and I thank the staff for being so kind as to handle things the way they did. On the décor side of things I would say it is very interesting. Not my typical style but they should be applauded for stepping out of the box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemfoodmonsterDined on 7/14/2014I have dined at Tchoup Chop's many times over te years and each and every visit is a pleasure. The food, staff, and ambience are wonderful. It is always my special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The foodNotmyfirstDined on 7/12/2014I had one of the daily specials and the scallops were so salty that they were in edibleSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerOscareatsoutDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful Restaurant. Service was not exceptional for this level of restaurant. Dress code, well forget that, shorts and tee shirts at dinner??? Not what I expected. Food was good, a little pricey because of being Emeril's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereCNoteDined on 7/12/2014Overall great experience.... Great presentation of food, quality good not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I celebrated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Anniversary at Tchoup Chop and had a thoroughly enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Everything was above my expectations..the food, atmosphere, and service were excellent..I would definately come back and recommend to all my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Food was good but our server must have been new...wasn't very attentive or organizedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb FoodcrawfyotDined on 7/9/2014The meal at Tchoup Chop was by far the best meal of our entire trip, the food was excellent, cooked to perfection and well balanced flavours. The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. The restaurant was beautiful and relaxing, thoroughly enjoyed our meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, strange serviceCherylLDined on 7/8/2014We love this place, the good is flavorful and eclectic, the drinks are strong and the service is usually spot in. We loved our waiter who actually remembered serving us from 2 years prior. Just as we're about to order dessert our waiter says he's been told to go home and someone else would take over. We were not pleased. We had all of 10 minutes left to close out. It was very strange and put a damper on our experience. I'm sure this wouldn't happen repeatedly, but it was odd and took away from our enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialkDined on 7/7/2014The food was very good, and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening, nothing greatWhiteWineDined on 6/29/2014We were able to book a table the same day; which surprised me. It was a Sunday evening so that might have been a factor. There were 4 of us & they seated us at a table near the infinity pool. Atmosphere was nice but the whole restaurant is a bit noisy. I had the Surf & Turf sushi roll. It was interesting, tasted OK but wasn't worth $18. The rest of the party had sushi or an actual entree. We all agreed everything was good but nothing exceptional. Service was very attentive but got confusing by all the different people that came to the table. The restaurant was not that busy so that might be why. It was a nice evening, there are no major complaints, however, I don't see us going back there as it was just ordinary with a big price tag.Special Features:
- An absolute must...StillSmilingDined on 6/19/2014If you're looking for the finest food in town, you must go to Emeril's Tchoup Chop. The food is amazing. The flavors are truly amazing. The combinations of flavors make your mouth smile! Excellent for those with food allergies too!!! First time I didn't have to ask for alternative prep of my food!!! Absolutely loved this dining experience and you truly will too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014We always loved Tchoup Chop, but the new menu was superb. From starters to the Key Lime Torte, nothing missed a beat. Make it a stop on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the name of EmerilsmoochDined on 6/15/2014I had the worst Fathers Day dinner I have ever had at this mockery of a fine dining establishment. The ambiance is beautiful and the service was adequate but the food was hands down the worst that I have ever had at a 'fine' dining establishment. I'm so disappointed that I want to find Emeril and make him eat the garbage that they are serving using his name. Neither child liked there meals due to being inedible, husband had to send back half his meal (which wasn't even his first choice) and "the chef" wasn't happy with the special appetizer so he wasn't serving it with no alternative. Total disappointment and I will never eat at a Emeril restaurant again.