Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-tchoup-chop
- Phone: (407) 503-2467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Happy Hour: 5-8 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Cathy Jacobson at 407-473-2647 to book your upcoming private party!
A word from Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Ryan Vargas, Chef de Cuisine, and Andy Vaughn, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emeril's Tchoup Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (127)special occasion (116)romantic (77)good for groups (58)notable wine list (35)hot spot (32)kid-friendly (22)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (15)late-night find (14)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A consistent favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2014I've eaten here once a year since it opened. The menu is never the same. It's always a dining adventure. While some dishes stand out more than others, the quality of the food and service is always high. I always feel like a king on my visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm missing the MisoFladinersVIPDined on 11/10/2014My youngest daughter loves this restaurant and it was her choice for her 13th Birthday celebration. Everything was going well...they had our favorite table and we were ordering. But, they didn't have her much beloved Miso. I got the impression they still made the soup for lunch, but I asked one of the servers to ask the kitchen. She never came back. I asked the other server that was taking our order, but he said the kitchen reduced to make it. Very disappointing. Also, It took quite a while for the drinks to be served in a very slow dining room with 2 servers. The food was mostly good to great, but that kind of ruined the rest of the meal for her and in turn us. Not sure if we'll return again soon. It still is a good restaurant though.Special Features:
- Excellent, a fun and unique dinning experienceChrisDined on 11/8/2014Our first table was near the bar at the back of the restaurant near the kitchen doors. It was too much foot traffic for me. It felt uncomfortable. I requested to change table which they handled very professionally. We had to change table 3 times however, the staff & management took care of us and were very good. The food... outstanding. We had the Chef's selection which was a beef wellington cooked to perfection with just the right amount of caramelization, blue cheese, and a nice crispy shell. It will be a long time before someone is able to match how good our experience was here. (Or maybe a short time depending on how soon we can get back.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected success!aza484Dined on 11/8/2014With mixed reviews on here we didn't know what to expect, but what we found was an excellent experience. Fantastic decor, tasty Asian fusion cuisine and the best service we've experienced all vacation. A minor issue with one entree was handled perfectly. Delicious, and different!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed my birthday dinner in what I would call a must do again. Great, well seasoned food and EXCELLENT service! The food portions were mediocre compared to the price. Ambiance was very colorful and the lighting is dim but a very nice view for your eyes. The plating is unique. Love the experience!Special Features:
- MediocreLRS411Dined on 11/4/2014The food was average, not bad but not noteworthy. There were service missteps as one of the entrees was not delivered until the others were almost finished with theirs. Steaks were overlooked and returned no mention from manager. Our server started off great then disappeared after entrees served. Overall it was not a bad experience but for the money and reputation I expected more.
- Disappointing on food selectionDissapointedDined on 11/3/2014Food was lacking flavor. Too few selections for lunch.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I have celebrated 2 anniversaries and one birthday here and I always leave satisfied. Great food and service. A definite must when in Orlando!Special Features:
- Spectacular dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent and professional staff. Very attentive and ensure that your dining experience exceeds expectations. Food selection preparation and presentation were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK mealcyberdermDined on 11/1/2014Acceptable, fresh well prepared. Nothing spectactular. But is a hotel restaurant after all.
- Emeril's Tchoup ChopTStantonDined on 10/31/2014I love going to Emeril's restaurants, and this was one of many times I have been to both of the Universal restaurants . The last two times in the Universal resort in Florida have both had issues. Last year on the City walk my daughter's duck was dry, though the staff was very generous in taking care of us. This time they were also very gracious but the whole meal we had to ask for things, i.e. the shrimp chips provided for snacks, water refills, and my daughters dinner was completely forgotten and very slow service considering we were the last in the place. Just multiple issues that made this a bit of a frustrating experience and also with repeated situations, makes me hesitant to repeat this edible journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!TinkerbellDined on 10/31/2014The staff was fabulous. We were there on Halloween night and the staff were all dress (very appropriately) in costumes. They were entertaining and accommodating. The food was great! I had lunch there 2 days in a row and went back for dinner:)Special Features:
- A bit overratedJazzyDined on 10/28/2014I am a foodie and should have known the name does not necessarily equate with good food. I usually prefer chef-owned & managed on-site establishments. The ribs are not top notch (I do better), the duck a little too salty, as well as their signature skirt steak. Four of us were not enamored. My glass of syrah hinted at a little smell and taste of rubbing alcohol, a recent trick by some NJ establishments' employees which got the Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms involved. Shame! Royal Pacific Hotel and Emeril should take note & corrective action!Special Features:
- Orlando destinationMcgowankmVIPDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I eat here any time we visit Orlando. Great food with unique twists.Special Features:
- OutstandingRojoRobVIPDined on 10/24/2014We ate too much, but other than that, fantastic! The design of the space is really nice also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant but not stuffyGatorDinerDined on 10/24/2014This was my first time to Tchoup Chop, and overall my dining partner and I loved it, and would go back in a heartbeat. We went on a Friday night, around 8pm, and were seated promptly. The restaurant was bustling, though not overcrowded. Our server, Eric, was very attentive and took very good care of us. I had the duck, and my dining partner had the surf and turf maki roll, asparagus robata and I had the Duck Duck Goose. Everything was prepared perfectly and tasted delicious. The Gooseberry jam that came with the duck is made in-house and was absolutely decadent. We shared a bottle of a nice Italian Super Tuscan that paired well with the turf and the duck. I would definitely suggest this restaurant to anybody visiting the area.Special Features:
- Just wanted a good burgerjfctigerDined on 10/24/2014I just went in for a late lunch and with a craving for a good burger. I would have thought Emeril’s restaurant would have provided a great juicy thick burger on a good roll. It was basically a flat beef patty on a supermarket roll – very disappointing. On the other hand the pumpkin dumpling desert was fantastic.
- Great TipOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014A friend recommended Emerills. What a great tip. It's a must for dining in Orlando.Special Features:
- Expected MoreRalphDined on 10/23/2014I have been to Emeril's restaurants before and this one just didn't seem to fit expectations I had from my excellent experiences before. The food was just okay; however, just as pricey as his other restaurants. There was just no "wow" moment when it came to the food. Nothing was bad, but nothing was great. I could have had the same food for half the cost elsewhere. Waiter was great so it wasn't his fault However, I didn't notice a slight drop in attention to the table versus other Emeril restaurants I have been too.Special Features:
- LitoDined on 10/18/2014The food was outstanding and the service great. The server went our of her way to make us feel comfortable, and even ordered a couple of small appetizers "on the house" as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Nice atmostphere. Good service foodGammDined on 10/17/2014Good location, service and food. One ofbthe best restaurants in the Orlando Universal Resor AreaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and wonderful Asian fusion!StarfishDined on 10/17/2014Wanted to stay "on property" at Universal and discovered this phenomenal variation on the Emeril scene! Dumplings? Awesome. Dinner of seared ahi tuna (for me) and swordfish (for him) were flavorful and cooked perfectly. We had a special dessert of pumpkin cheesecake stuffed fried dumings that made my guy tell me to remind him to come back for more every day. Food at tourist destinations can be lackluster at best. Tchoup Chop made these jaded Manhattanites eat their words!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014service was excellent. food was ok. had higher expectationsSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate my son's birthday. The food was excellent and our server was both personable and very accomadating. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Asian foodRobertDined on 10/7/2014Food was good but portions were a little on the small side. Food was prepared well and had good taste. Got the crunchy shrimp appetizer, too high price for what it is. Not sure how to describe them to be honest, 4 shrimp wrapped in some kind of breading. Both of us had fish, me snapper and the wife had salmon. Service was average to good but not outstanding. This is my second trip and the first one was better but I will go back.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 10/5/2014Excellent food, service and ambience. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian Fusion food!GramsDined on 10/5/2014As with all of Emeril's restaurants, the service is exceptional! The food is excellent! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in Orlando!pknyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great place to have a nice meal in Orlando. We were struggling to find a decent place for dinner around the Universal area. Tchoup Chop ended up being a great choice. Great cocktails and fun asian inspired dishes.Special Features:
- AverageFoodieCoupleDined on 10/4/2014Emeril's Tchoup Chop was an average experience for the location and price. All of the food tasted good but did not stand out as amazing food we were hoping to experience. Everything was cooked perfect, just wished for more vibrant flavoring. The restaurant is beautiful inside and the decor was amazing. Our server was friendly and attentive enough but left something to be desired to enhance the experience. Overall, not sure if we would return for dinner. In fairness, we did not try any sushi which may have been something worth trying and if we did go back will definitely try.
- Tasting Menu was great!SusanWDined on 10/1/2014We ate at Emeril's Tchoup Chop on our first night in Orlando, and it was a great start to our vacation. My husband and I chose to do the tasting menu with pairings. This was an expensive option, but the food was fantastic, and, as with most tasting menus, we tried things we may not otherwise have tried. The menu seemed to be tuned in to the season, with one of the highlights being served in baby pumpkins. There were at least 3 people serving our table for two. We were brought each course, then our main server would stop by and explain the course and how the wine pairing worked with it. We left full and happy - much more food than we needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing the "BAM"stillhungryDined on 9/30/2014Much to our dismay,this was a disappointing experience. The restaurant was so picturesque online; unfortunately, there was a private party with curtains drawn.The sangria at the bar was nice; the croquettes, not so much-rather bland.The servers were pleasant but there was no personal interaction. Our pivot points must have been reversed as all courses were delivered incorrectly (and actually my appetizer was not what I ordered-it was rectified.) My friend's filet was a nice rare but visibly charred and tasted the equivalent to shoe leather! (ty MOD for the table visit). Lastly, we felt rushed at the end as it was apparent our table was needed for a 12top. :( Sad when the highlight was the peanut dip for the complimentary 'chips'....
- Disappointed at Tchoup ChopIlovefoodDined on 9/30/2014The inside of Tchoup Chop is beautiful. We were lucky to be seated near the large water feature. Our servers were not interested in helping us. A server at another table left broken glass on the floor after rushing to clean up a fallen wine glass. The servers would heckle each other and complain about things in front of us. It was a very unprofessional image they were exuding. Several elements of the food, however, were delicious so that helped to distract from the poor experience.Overall, the experience is not what we expected. I do not plan to return.Special Features:
- Food was very very dissappointingLosAngelinoFoodieDined on 9/28/2014We were so excited to visit Emeril's Tchoup Chop for a special birthday occasion that we saved this restaurant for our last, most special evening. This was a huge mistake. After several incredible nights, dining at various Magical Dining menu restaurants in Orlando, eating at Emeril's was the biggest culinary letdown we have ever experienced. On a Sunday night at 9pm, the service was attentive, but the place was almost empty. The Magical menu appetizers, entrees and desserts were incredible disappointments. The food was extremely bland, and with each dish, we kept hoping for some saving hail mary recovery, but alas, none was to be found. The only positive comment we can make is the signature drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- One Word AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Let me just say, what took me so long to ear here. Ate here as part of Magical Dining, we had a limited menu, and a specialty drink. The entire experience was amazing along with wonderful food. Called ahead to let them know it was our anniversary and the special little things they did made it extremely romantic. Will go here every year for our anniversary now. Compliments to the chef and wonderful staff. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. TheSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeLiriskDined on 9/27/2014Have been before when in Orlando, enjoyed it and took friends back recently. However, even with a reservation, we waited over 45 minutes, despite being told "any minute." Furthermore, our waiter seemed too busy and made us feel like we were bothering him. He rarely made eye contact and seemed to be looking around at other tables, etc. We all had fish and mine was not as good as I had remembered. Decor is lovely and there is a mix of diners (some families with young children, some foodies, some from the resort). It's pricey and for that meal, the experience wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- GreatFoodloverrDined on 9/27/2014Outstanding experience once again. Our go to restaurant for those special occasions. Can't be beat in the central Florida area.Special Features:
- What a treat!SeagosOnTheTownDined on 9/23/2014The food was amazing, as usual. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The staff was attentive and friendly. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great as alwayscanolibeanVIPDined on 9/22/2014We come year at least once a year. Were able to take advantage of the Magical Dining menu this trip-it did not disappoint! The ahi nachos were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceRecommend2EveryoneDined on 9/21/2014Service was excellent and servers were very attentive. Food presentation and quality were both excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in the servicefoodie66Dined on 9/20/2014we have been to this restaurant a few times in the past. The food was good but the service was really disappointing. A lot of time in between courses. and we actually had to ask the manager to bring out the dessert course. we also found the menu was a bit more limited than in the past.Special Features: