Emeril's Restaurant Orlando
6000 Universal Boulevard, Suite 702
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
Emeril's Restaurant Orlando
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-orlando
- Phone: (407) 224-2424
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Dinner: Sunday – Thursday: 5 – 10 p.m., Friday – Saturday: 5 – 10:30 p.m.; Happy Hours: 4 – 8 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Emeril Lagasse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Emeril’s Orlando is available for private functions and can accommodate
up to 200 guests for seated dinners, and 500 guests reception style. Two
private dining rooms on the second floor can accommodate parties of 16
to 48 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cathy Jacobson 407-473-2647x
- Entertainment: Traditional New Orleans music can be heard throughout the restaurant.
- Special Events: Contact Cathy Jacobson at 407-473-2647 to book your upcoming private party!
A word from Emeril's Restaurant Orlando
Emeril's Orlando encompasses everything that Emeril stands for - high energy, bold exciting flavors & a memorable experience. Chef Emeril Lagasse's fifth restaurant, Emeril's Restaurant Orlando, is a fitting addition to the line-up at Universal CityWalk. Upon entering the restaurant your eyes take you on a ride up the metal staircase, across the Gertjejansen artwork, down the wall of wine, over the Ochsner portrait & stopping for a moment at the food bar. By this time the staff greets you with the warmth of a welcome home. A drink at the bar, maybe a classic New Orleans cocktail to start & then you are seated. The dining room bustles with energy with a view of the chef & the brilliance in the kitchen. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual, but no sleeveless shirts for gentleman & boys. Gabriel Orozco, General Manager, is dedicated to providing you with that memorable dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Emeril's Restaurant Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Emeril's Restaurant Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)fit for foodies (140)romantic (82)notable wine list (80)good for groups (64)scenic view (44)hot spot (40)great for lunch (34)kid-friendly (29)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (5)Show More
- What happened to EmerilsJanton47Dined on 11/18/2014Nonexistent service. Filet over cooked. Ribeye mediocre. Short ribs tough & stringy. Mashed potatoes had lumps, food came out cool. Pomes frites were limp. Cold coffee. No one asked how the meal was, did you need anything? We go here every year when in town - should have checked the more recent review. They were spot on.
- Superb!JinnyDined on 11/15/2014We celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary at Emeril's! Excellent food options and great quality! Would definitely come back again! We even received a complimentary anniversary dessert...yumm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!newporterVIPDined on 11/15/2014The service, the menu, the food! All so good! The best restaurant experience we had on our vacation to Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingChefremyDined on 11/11/2014The appetizers were fairly good, but after that, the food was mediocre at best. The service was indifferent. The main waiter had memorized his spiel and couldn't say it fast enough, which meant he had to repeat it, and was impatient when he did. Of the crew of our three waiters, none were attentive. But that had no effect on the price, which was at least as high as that of the New Orleans Emeril restaurants. Likelihood that I'll return is zero. I won't be recommending it to anyone I like. It's hard to imagine that Mr. Legasse condones this. They plainly need a real manager who watches what goes on, as all excellent New Orleans restaurants do. This experience should never have happened.
- Food surprisingly not exceptionaltheMangl3rDined on 11/10/2014Whether our expectations were just too high, or the preparation was just not up to par, out main course selections, scallops and Mahi were just plain. Appetiser was nothing special either. Our daughters spaghetti were just plain bad which they refunded us. Dessert was great though. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- ALWAYS THE BESTsecndlokkDined on 11/10/2014I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE DINNER WITH CLIENTS THERE 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW EMERIL'S IS A DO NOT MISS RESTAURANT IN THE ORLANDO AREA. SERVICE IS ALWAYS TOP NOTCH AND THE FOOD IS AWESOMESpecial Features:
- Expensive but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My family and I went to Emerils for a special occasion and we were treated well and our food was special. I had a daily special seafood ciappino and my husband had failed mignon and we walked out happy. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- 14 year anniversary dinnerSasheDined on 11/8/2014The environment was very romantic. Service was excellent, the five or so waiters were very kind and helpful. The food was good but I believe they can expand on the menu and offer a better menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Disappointing!!NurseAnnDined on 11/8/2014So disappointed, the food mediocre and overly salted, and over priced. We told them we were on our anniversary, the look on their faces was like, "so what". The wait staff was so insincere and it felt they were forced to be friendly. They would ask if they could bring something, like more rolls, then they would not bring the rolls. For the money we spent we could have had a better meal and time at Outback.
- family reuniontomoDined on 11/7/2014don't get to vacation as much as we should. only in Orlando area for 3 nights of dinners Emerils Friday, Christini's Saturday and Charley's Sunday. it's always all in the details. taste of dishes was exquisite. overall great experience. would definately do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emiril is stuffy w a familyLuvUnivDined on 11/7/2014We sat upstairs quite, air conditioner blaring we told our waiter he didn't do anything about it. Food was ok, w/ all the choices. In Orlando prob wouldn't go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great view of Universal from the second floor. Service was ok. Food was good, but not sure if things were gluten free as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!mal523Dined on 11/7/2014Emeril's was wonderful!! The food was incredible, the service was outstanding. Overall an excellent experience- we were talking about it our whole vacation. We will definitely be back and will be recommending to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, service to matchFnoxibDined on 11/7/2014This was far and away the best food we had in all of the Universal property and was also the best food and service we have enjoyed in a long long time *anywhere*. Top notch all around. Our only complaint was the noise, even in the upstairs, more private dining area. We ciuld stull have a conversation but would have preferred a more quiet atmosphere. Our server, Josue, was especially attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA was great. EMERIL'S was not.OrigamiWizardDined on 11/7/2014Had two outstanding meals at NOLA in New Orleans & I was excited to dine at Emeril's. I booked my meal in advance to be sure that we would started our trip with one of the better restaurants at Universal Orlando. We were seated upstairs next to a VERY busy kitchen door which amped up the noise. We both felt our main dishes were okay, but not up to the standards we've come to expect from Emeril's restaurants. In fact, my salad was dripping in dressing. Our over salted mashed potatoes were sent back. As usual, the service was good. They fixed the salad & took the inedible potatoes off of our bill. I had a chat with another couple who dined at Emeril's & agreed with our assessment. Our meal was the most expensive & the most disappointing.
- Mediocre at beststakextrordinairVIPDined on 11/6/2014My experience was very disappointing start to finish. I made reservations 3 months ago. Upon arrival I was taken to table positioned by a doorway which had constant traffic and distraction all night. Our waiter was pleasant and very informative when we first were seated. We ordered drinks appetizers then there we sat with our menus for 30minutes. Upon appetizer arrival our order was taken, 45minutes later our meal arrived. All dishes were overdone, one dish was delivered not as advertised for ingredients. Appropriate silverware not delivered with the entre, with great difficulty to get a return server to address the issue. $400 dollars later all I can say is I will not go back. 5 star price 2 star experience.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014We were not impressed in the slight list bit. You aren't getting what you pay for. The service is impeccable, but the food tastes and is presented cheaply. Definitely way too over priced. We wouldn't ever go back.
- Emerils OrlandoWestyDined on 10/31/2014If you have a chance to experience this restaurant do not hesitate. The food is excellent,the service impeccable, and the setting fantastic. This restaurant is for anyone lucky enough to dine there. There were families,groups,and couples while I visited and all seemed to be having as wonderful a time as we were having. My recommendation is do not hesitate if you have the opportunity to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experience!LuvinggrubDined on 10/31/2014I went here with my boyfriend during a weekend getaway and it was an absolutely fantastic experience! We had three servers and each had a designated task (wine, food, service etc.) When I had a question about the extensive wine list, our server went ABOVE and beyond, helping me decide which wine would pair best with my Filet Mignon. Even when I asked where the ladies room was, the gentleman escorted me to it instead of pointing me in the general direction. I will never forget that meal, I will never forget the service, and overall I will never forget the most perfectly cooked Filet Mignon I've ever had in my life!!! I wish that 2 hours of my life could have lasted a lifetime *Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience UpstairsTurnberryGirl3VIPDined on 10/31/2014We were escorted up to the 2nd floor to a small room consisting of 3 tables with 2 large corner windows overlooking the activities outside. Our table for 2 was next to the windows which was great. It was like private dining. We both had the signature gumbo and then shared the red fish entree. Everything was delicious. We look forward to coming back the next time we are in Orlando.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I ExpectedPorkchopDined on 10/30/2014I've always wanted to dine in one of Emeril's restaurants so I made it a point to visit his Orlando location while on vacation. Although the food was decent and our service was good, I don't feel like it lived up to the hype. Everything was just adequate when I expected an amazing, one-of-a-kind experience. I don't mind spending a good amount of money on a great meal but this was not worth what we paid. My group later visited a much less-expensive Italian restaurant down the street that I would immediately recommend to my friends and family. I wouldn't recommend Emeril's unfortunately.Special Features:
- Go to the other emerald. ACodfishVIPDined on 10/30/2014After having an excellent dinner at emerils tschop chop at the universals royal pacific hotel we came here.what a difference and a huge disappointment in every way! Drinks were poor, service was erratic food was not hot and was boring. Only good thing was that restaurant looked good. Save your money and don't bother!Special Features:
- Orlando's EmerilKathleen55Dined on 10/30/2014Great food and service. We sat upstairs where it was quieter and more intimate. Good place to eat on City Walk in Universal,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not inspiringSmallwonderDined on 10/29/2014The restaurant was very welcoming. They did reseat us almost immediately after giving us our first table, but we had a much nicer view and complimentary glasses of wine to make up for it. The problem was the food. Although the soup of the day was delicious, the dinners were just ordinary. The sautéed scallops had no flavor, Brussels sprouts were tough and tasteless, the only saving grace on that meal was the butternut squash. My husband's beef dish was predictable. First and last time at Emeril's for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014The Orlando Universal City Walk location is great for a fun night of casual or fancy dining. We went for my Mom's birthday celebration. The waiter was somewhat slow, but it may have been due to a relatively large crowd. The remaining staff was very cordial and efficient. We enjoyed the ambiance and it was fun to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of City Walk after our meal. I'd recommend this location to any foodie who enjoys a fun environment. This may not be idea for a quiet dining experience, but it was great for a fun dining experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous Date NightAbiGfromMKEDined on 10/27/2014My husband and I stopped here before a Blue Man Group show. (We learned from the Blue Man Group website that if you have your Blue Man Group tickets you receive 10% off!) We had the best time. The food was amazing. We had the bbq shrimp, scallops (out of this world) and the trout. Our server (I think his name was Mike) and his team were incredible. Mike made the best wine recommendations to pair with our entrees and even shared insightful history about the wines. (We ended up selecting the Honig Chardonnay+ Scallops and Emeril's Pinot Grigio + Trout.) Our only regret was that we had to get to the show and didn't have time to indulge in the Creme Brulee. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceHVatthetableDined on 10/26/2014I found the ambience unappealing overall. The restaurant was very noisy and from my vantage point I had a direct view into the post service and dishwashing section of the kitchen. I mentioned this to the steward and there was an attempt to close the doors leading to that area but this was not practical due to the amount of traffic through there. I recommend reconfiguring the table seating or finding a solution to keep the doors closed.Special Features:
- TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!!disppointedDined on 10/25/2014I was told by Universal that the onsite restaurants do a nice job celebrating birthdays. Especially milestones. Well it was my husband's 50th birthday and I can say there was nothing special about this. A piece of cake in a martini glass with a candle in it is not special at all. They didn't even sing Happy Birthday. We were extremely disappointed!!!!! This was not memorable at all. I did make the reservation a few weeks in advance so there would plenty of time for what I was told would be special. We do visit Universal quite often and will never choose Emeril's again for any kind of celebration or even a bite to eat.
- Very Nice!LaurenAshleyDined on 10/24/2014We had such a great time here! We showed up about 30 mins before our reservation and went to the bar for happy hour, which is a gem! we did get to sit a little early which was nice. Everything on the menu looked so good and we did have one person with a gluten allergy and they addressed it when we got our menus which was nice! Overall the food was great, everyone enjoyed there meal and the service was very good, no one ran out of a drink , which is my pet peeve. They also helped us celebrate someones birthday with a dessert! I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Universal or that lives in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food, super serviceTCNOLAVIPDined on 10/23/2014Don't think this is just another tourist place. The food, menu selections, wine list, service, drink list are all first class Don't miss the Banana Cream Pie!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Emeril's FoodyumyumDined on 10/22/2014We were a party of seven and we all enjoyed the generous portions and delicious food. For us all, Emeril's makes one of our favorite cuisines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive staffDobbinDined on 10/21/2014I've been to a number of Emerils restaurants I like all of them. They make everyone feel very special. The food is great and can't be found anywhere. You just can't beat it.Special Features:
- A perfect fanciful celebrationCassidiaDined on 10/20/2014I took my parents here for their 30th wedding anniversary. The food was superb, the waiters were attentive and helpful. I definitely felt the fine dining experience while there, pulling out a chair for you to sit, folding napkins in your lap, etc. They even brought out a special dessert plate for the occasion. Bonus - If you bring your Universal Park ticket you get a free dessert or appetizer. Who doesn't like free, when spending a pretty penny on dinner! Must trys - scallops, sea trout and creme brule.Special Features:
- Poor Version of olive GVindalooManDined on 10/19/2014This is an over priced version of Olive Garden. Not much quality or substance or flare...... -is this the best you could come up with? Emeril: your restaurant is not much better than Olive Garden. Save your $Special Features:
- Still one of the bestMg13VIPDined on 10/19/2014Once again, we have a fantastic meal at Emeril's. The food is consistently good and combined with the Banana Cream Pie is the best.Special Features:
- Culinary Review of EmerilsMetroReviewDined on 10/19/2014Although an enjoyable overall dining experience, I was looking for the "Bam" in some of my dishes that were elusive to my taste buds. The opening round of Calamari was good. (at Emerils you want more than good) Fried, somewhat non-distinguishable sauce on the bottom. The cornbread muffins were excellent, never had better. The Bowl of Gumbo was good. (Once again, "good" isn't what you want). If was something that needed "Kicking-up-a-notch". The seafood bowl dish had some of the freshest fish I ever had on top with rice and brown sauce, but I remained looking for something in the flavor to knock my socks off. Outstanding restaurant, great service. Need to revisit menu.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedBobbyannDined on 10/19/2014Our dinner at Emeril's Orlando was a disappointment. It was extremely busy so we waited at the bar. When seated, too many people waited on us so our orders got confused and we had to wait a long time for a drink after telling 2 waiters we never received it. Our meal was very salty...nothing to really recommend. I only ate 2 of the 5 shrimp in my meal...because of the excessive salt. Because it took so long, we asked for our dessert "to go" and waited another 20-25 minutes for it to come. The manager for the night came over while we were waiting for dessert to tell us "it was on Emeril's" because it was taking so long, but it was never taken off our bill and we couldnt stay any longer.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere, but greasy foodJocelyn2601Dined on 10/18/2014We were so excited to eat at an Emeril restaurant, but we were so disappointed. For an appetizer we had the Fried Green Tomatoes and Wild Mushrooms. They both werecso greasy the you could not taste the freshness of the tomato, and could certainly not taste the one wild mushroom in the heavy sauce (I did ask what the wild mushroom was and there was only one). I had a trout that was over cooked and covered with greasy breadcrumbs. I had to scrape it off to even find the trout. Overall the food was very bad from start to end. I will say that the atmosphere was very pleasant and the tables were not over crowded.Special Features:
- Good food, noiseyWolfDined on 10/17/2014The food is very good, as you would expect at any Emeril's restaurant. The service was also very good. However, the noise level in the room we were seated was ridiculous. It's a glassed in area just outside the main room. Due to all the glass and other hard surfaces the noise has nowhere to go. To compound the issue, 2 tables away was a very, very loud man. I could easily make out every word he said at his table of 8. He was the only one at the table that was so loud. Other diners near us were also commenting about him. Unlikely I would ever return here.Special Features:
- worst serviceStircrazyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Party of 4 from the time we were seated it took us 2 hours to get out. They leave a eight door to the kitchen dish washing area open. I spent the 2 hours watching them wash dishes. You would think you're paying 40 dollars a dish you wouldn't see that. I've get better service at Dennys. I would never go back.