New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-new-orleans/
- Phone: (504) 528-9393
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: David Slater
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine & service.
- Private Party Contact: Ashton Senn 504-528-9393x
A word from Emeril's Restaurant
From its first day, Emeril's Restaurant & the multitalented man who reinvents it with every meal became the focus of ecstatic praise. A decade after Emeril's Restaurant exploded onto the culinary scene, Emeril's has evolved & transformed itself for the 21st century by updating its flagship restaurant. Completed in 2000, the innovative details reflect the significance of the warehouse district location, new New Orleans cuisine & Emeril’s extensive wine list. The Food Bar is framed by a tapestry of glass encased spices showcasing the bold & creative flavors that Chef Emeril features. Emeril's state of the art kitchen is visible from the main dining room. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no sleeveless shirts for men, no hats or flip flops. David Slater, Chef de Cuisine, and Kevin Delaune, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Emeril's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Emeril's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
549 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (362)special occasion (333)notable wine list (255)good for groups (188)romantic (168)hot spot (151)neighborhood gem (122)great for lunch (88)vibrant bar scene (67)late-night find (28)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Always solid place for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2014The food was excellent and the service was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emeril's DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2014The food was very good. My problem was the menu items were not any of my favorite items. I settled for salmon which was very good but ordinarilly would never order that dish. The service was very good. The price was way too high for what we had and will never go again!
- OopsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014We like Emeril's and dine there when in town. This visit was disappointing. Let me say that the service was excellent. Wine recommendations were spot on. All dishes, with the exception of two were great. The pork chop ordered medium well was served rare. How is that possible ? The peanut butter cake was dried out! I guess on Monday you get the "B" team and left over desserts. Too bad. In all fairness they did adjust the bill, but I was hoping for more than grits and gumbo for dinner at Emeril's .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014appetizer of andouille sausage and boudin was excellent, crusted drum very good, flavor of the shrimp entree sauce overwhelmed all other elements of the dish, dessert was absolutely disappointing (sticky toffee pudding) which was stale, dry, barely warm and had an average caramel sauce on it. no moist 'sticky' here.Special Features:
- Emeril's lived up to the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014Brought my parents to NOLA for their first experience. Emeril's was a must do. And, it lived up to all of the hype. BBQ shrimp, Drum fish, and banana cream pie were fabulous. Must go to Emeril's when visiting NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans favoriteLisa5701Dined on 11/22/2014We were extremely happy with Emerils - the food was delicious, our wait staff was very attentive and courteous, we had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectDjhaonnoahhaonDined on 11/21/2014Everything from the food to service was perfect. The grand marnier chocolate soufle was delicious . We would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMrsG311Dined on 11/20/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were all superb. Wonderful evening for our out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceNASAR8VIPDined on 11/20/2014The food was very good, the service was excellent, and the fixed price menu was reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable first visit.AggieGrandpaDined on 11/19/2014Originally booked for two when my friends found out they wanted in so Emeril's nicely accommodated a larger party. We were seated on time, with a up close view of one of the wine vaults......all enjoyed the meal starting with appetizers and their wonderful bread selections. Great wine topped off the evening. Ready to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & servicejnix101Dined on 11/19/2014I held a client dinner at Emeril's while we were all in New Orleans for a conference this week. The food was fantastic and service excellent. Everyone enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014We were 6 and our glasses were constantly filled by the servers without asking us at all if we wanted another bottle ; we ended with 4 bottes of which one was just open when we were Ieaving. I really think this is abusing. We were at a professionnal lunch so did not complain to avoid a bad experience for our guests. Food was very good and They took care of the fact we bad only an hour+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnwelcomingplatnersDined on 11/17/2014Depending on who's watching your server, they'll be friendly & talkative. If its Old Money sitting next to you be prepared to be ignored. If you're into casual dining, meaning you're there for the food and not looking to presentable, then this place may not be for you. Might be an old southern thing but people may be offended if you're not wearing a jacket, etc.
- Lived up to the name!MONIDined on 11/17/2014Had an amazing dinner at Emerils... had the pork chops with sweet potatoes which were simply amazing. My date had the seafood paella that was unbelievable. Overall had a great time at Emeril's, we celebrated a birthday & they brought us the banana cream pie that was simply amazing.Special Features:
- JLCfromnjDined on 11/17/2014Food was fresh and delicious. The service was attentive and polite. The wine list was extensive but very expensive . The wine cost more than our meal for 2 and we had appetizers and shared dessert! A busy, happening place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmet ExpectationsVirginiaAmateurFoodSnobsDined on 11/17/2014Emeril's restaurant was the last restaurant we dined at while visiting New Orleans. We were very excited and made reservations a couple months in advance. The menu items lacked any cohesiveness and most did not have local or in-season ingredients. The wine list was impressive, a binder with 60+ pages of wine, while the cocktail menu floundered with the usual cocktails. Our food was good, not great. The low point of our experience was the service. Although our reservation was for two, we were seated at a 4-person table and it was evident that our server was disappointed we didn't have more guests joining us. We were rushed to order at every step of the way... drinks, appetizers, drinks again, entrees. We are by no means slow diners, but we like to enjoy our dinner, and we were hoping to enjoy this one in particular, but we did not.Special Features:
- Great fine diningTBirdDined on 11/16/2014Love the fine dining experience, pleasant relaxed feel of the place. Wait staff was not as engaging as I would have liked. They were a bit military. Requested a desert with lit candle for my fiancé birthday and it was honored. Overall wonderful food and will dine again in the future!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone to the dogs...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014Hadnt been here in 15 years and this place has gone down hill. Felt like an Olive Garden chain. Waiter could care less that we were there. The menu was strange and I found it hard to choose something. Not worth the trip...
- Excellent restaurant to be expected from Emeril's.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Excellent restaurant, good wine selection, relatively low noise level so conversations could be heard, very good service. Particularly enjoyed the open kitchen and being able to observe the food being prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Very nice place. Special order took a awhile but it was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The service was great! The food was a disappointment. Our crab lasagna was excellent. I ordered a $25.oo glass of wine that was only about 3oz. My fish was ok except for the musty taste of what ever they put on top of it. Fish should always taste fresh not musty! My husbands quail was good, but everything under it was swimming in grease and uneatable. The bread pudding was so hard on top I needed a steak knife to cut it. Will not repeat.
- Great expectations, underwhelming experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My family and I were really looking forward to our dinner at Emeril's. It started out well, as we were promptly seated upon check-in and arrival. Our primary (?) waiter (who didn't introduce himself by name), came over and asked us if we needed to see the wine menu, we said "no," and then he disappeared for 10 minutes. I should have taken that as a sign. There were three servers total, only one of them who actually introduced himself, and he was the one who provided the most timely and attentive service. Of course, he was more or less the water and bread server, so while we had full water glasses and bread on-call all night, we found ourselves waiting for our entrees and drinks with little warning. Or apology. The appetizer and entrees (andouille sausage, BBQ salmon, and tamarind chicken) were flavorful and perfectly sized. The mixed drinks we had were notable for their seemingly small amount of alcohol. But the Sal's Tchouptail (sp?) was the best of the bunch. We ordered the souffle with our entrees, as the menu stated it would take 30 minutes to arrive. An hour after ordered it, we were still waiting (fired late? backed up kitchen? A heads up about the delay would have been great, as we were essentially sitting there at the table drumming our fingers). In the meantime we ordered another dessert item. The souffle arrived (a bit underwhelming for all of the wait and anticipation), and the other dessert was nowhere to be found. Apparently the order hadn't been placed? We were never told. At that point we asked for the check. Commence additional waiting. 15 minutes later I ended up going to the front of the house to flag down a manager. Not sure if our waiter was having a rough night (his other tables seemed to be serviced in a timely manner? but maybe I was imagining things?). But the entire thing really soured me on the restaurant. After speaking with a manager (nice gentleman, wasn't given a name), we got a discount on our bill. Still, we won't return.
- Wanted to try Emeril's - glad we did.KellyDined on 11/15/2014Went for my 50th birthday while in NOLA. Have a cousin who loves to cook Emeril's recipes so wanted to give it a try. My husband had the pork chop - at least 1.5 inches thick and amazingly tender with a great glaze. I had the swordfish - also great. For dessert we shared the banana cream pie - plenty for 2 people. Service was unbelievable. Fairly noisy due to the tables all being full but you could still easily talk. Great experience, would go back to another Emeril's restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting New OrleansFoodie123Dined on 11/15/2014Surprised my fiancé for his birthday with a trip to NOLA and with dinner at Emerils during our first night in this romantic city! The servers were amazing! Even the bread service ( jalapeño corn bread) was delicious! His pork chop was to die for and my salmon was exquisite! Great food! Great first experience for our first night out in NOLA! It made his surprise birthday very memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine yet not fussy diningDutchDined on 11/14/2014Had a delicious meal, with very friendly and efficient service. Table had a view of the kitchen, which is fun. Makes for a memorable evening in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can never go wrong at Emeril's.DebbieVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had the barbecue shrimp appetizer with a light rosemary biscuit which was a perfect and flavorful complement to our entrees without being too filling. I had the broiled flounder with roasted root vegetables which was divine. Be sure to order the banana cream pie and share it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLilpDined on 11/14/2014Amazing food. The fried chicken is outstanding and the sides it comes with are too, especially the Mac and cheese which is a MUST. The chocolate souflee actually was a little dissapointkng but the chocolate and peanut butter mousee was really good and the bannana cream pie was also. We had pumpkin grits as a side which is probably seasonal but they were delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as AlwaysBHastDined on 11/13/2014A wonderful experience as always, the service is top rate and the food is marvelous, continues to be my favorite in New Orleans which is saying something with the competition out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGregGDined on 11/13/2014Great service and food. I expected heavier seasonings based on the impression I had of Emeril from his TV shows and was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014Everything was exceptional for dinner at Emeril's. The specials were wonderful and the service was particularly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InvitationTaffDined on 11/12/2014The service and ambiance were outstanding. I'm currently on a tourist in your tour restaurant by restaurant. I love the food network and Guy visited Emeril's and I had to take Emeril up on his offer to come by. I am impressed!!!!! App = Sausage and greens, Entrée = Salmon, Dessert = crème brule. 20 out of 10. I waiting on my next invite. Thank you staff. Thanks Emeril & Guy. By the way Emeril also suggested Mahoney's. Followed his advice and 3 thumbs up....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing Dinner!DougFDined on 11/12/2014There are so many places to choose from in New Orleans, but thankfully, we chose Emerils. The staff is very friendly, fun and oh so helpful. They do not hover, but they do respond instantly. And the gumbo was truly amazing... a little kick and not too much and a rich set of flavors. The Bucatini with Shrimp had a wonderful sauce that had a hint of smokey taste and a savory rich range of flavors. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWJeannieBennerDined on 11/11/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Emeril's in New Orleans and I have to say...WOW! We were treated like royalty, the food was unlike anything I have ever had before. The entire experience was outstanding in every way possible. Thank you so very much for making new memories for our special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love NOLAmarieVIPDined on 11/11/2014I am from Annapolis MD and have been coming to NOLA about 20 years. Every visit always means Emeril's. The service and presentation of food is excellent!!!! There is absolutely no way I visit NOLA with going to EMERIL's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High PricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014I ordered the chicken because it was highly recommended in reviews read. I did not see anything special with the meal. The chicken was good but nothing to rave about. I have had better at Popeyes, and many other restaurants. It was the best that I did have in the French Quarter. I visited the Coup which also had raving reviews and it was the worst of all. I believe that I paid for the atmosphere and service and the food was just there as an accommodation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make sure to check the vintageRazzazVIPDined on 11/10/2014In selecting my wine, I chose two small wineries from Napa showing good vintage. Twice, the server brought the right label, with the wrong vintage. Eventually they located the bottle with the selected vintage as appeared in the wine list. The food was okay, I'd say I expected more... I found it a bit too salty, across the selections. Service overall was good.Special Features:
- DisappointingloloDined on 11/10/2014We were really looking forward to our dinner here. Emeril's was highly recommended by a friend of mine. We had notified Emeril's that we had a birthday and when we were seated we were welcomed and asked whose birthday. We ordered, or salads were served but the one person who ordered an appetizer did not receive it. We reminded the waiter, and said forget it because we did not want our entrees to sit under heat lamps. He brought it anyway, it was scarfed down. The food was great,the birthday ignored. the waiter never visited our table to see how things were. We spoke to the management on the way out and they said they certainly do recognize birthdays. I suppose our waiter was new, which means he should have been better supervised.Special Features:
- Food is on the heavy side.overratedDined on 11/10/2014The flounder special was a whole fish! Waiters need to warn customers about the size of the dish. It was a lot of food wasted, and the fish was bland! The sauce on top was good, but fish itself was bland with no seasoning or flavor. Either be generous with sauce or flavor the fish better.Special Features:
- Satisfaction and morejudyrorgaDined on 11/10/2014A long time fan of Emeril, I was pleased to have the opportunity to visit his Tchoupitoulas location. I was not disappointed. Absolutely delicious - every bite!!!! Creative. Cajun influenced. Memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made the reservation on line and told them thatBubbaDined on 11/10/2014I would be celebrating my Sweethearts birthday their......As soon as the complementary valet service parked our car, we walked into the restaurant....We were greeted, I gave them my name to confirm our reservation....They immediately greeted my sweetheart with a "Happy Birthday"! Every one of our servers, and there were quite a few, congratulated her on her birthday.....This is a very special place! One less item on our "Bucket List".. Emeril, You have an excellent staff, and a fantastic menu at a unbelievable price that will fit anyone's budget...... Thanks again Emril and many thanks of gratitude to your wonderful staff! Sincerely, GeneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.