New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-new-orleans/
- Phone: 5045289393
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: David Slater
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine & service.
- Private Party Contact: Ashton Senn 504-528-9393x
A word from Emeril's Restaurant
From its first day, Emeril's Restaurant & the multitalented man who reinvents it with every meal became the focus of ecstatic praise. A decade after Emeril's Restaurant exploded onto the culinary scene, Emeril's has evolved & transformed itself for the 21st century by updating its flagship restaurant. Completed in 2000, the innovative details reflect the significance of the warehouse district location, new New Orleans cuisine & Emeril’s extensive wine list. The Food Bar is framed by a tapestry of glass encased spices showcasing the bold & creative flavors that Chef Emeril features. Emeril's state of the art kitchen is visible from the main dining room. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no sleeveless shirts for men, no hats or flip flops. David Slater, Chef de Cuisine, and Kevin Delaune, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Emeril's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Emeril's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
495 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (314)fit for foodies (303)notable wine list (211)romantic (166)good for groups (164)hot spot (125)neighborhood gem (120)great for lunch (90)vibrant bar scene (49)great for brunch (24)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (19)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014really fun night with old friends. Service was excellent, tour of kitchen was additional bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon RoyaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I are from a small town in Texas and had to wait a year from our wedding to go on our honeymoon. I had never been to New Orleans and the only thing I wanted to do was eat at one of Emeril's restaurants. The entire staff at Emeril's was amazing! From start to finish I felt like a princess. My husband (who is more of a Taco Bell guy) was even amazed and wanted to go back the next day. The staff made us feel pampered and the food was to die for. The crab and corn bisque is officially the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. I can't wait to go back again. Thanks guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Believe the hype!YeseniaDined on 10/18/2014I thoroughly enjoyed dinner here with family and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Whenever I am in New Orleans I never miss Emerils . The best pork chop ever !! We need one in NY citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentSuzanneDined on 10/18/2014Emeril's flagship restaurant continues to deliver consistently excellent food accompanied by stellar service. It has been a remains a real dining pleasure.Special Features:
- Great for celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014Emeril's is outstanding. Great for a celebration. However, it is a bit hard to have a conversation with the noise level fairly high.Special Features:
- awesome placejamesDined on 10/16/2014Food was as impressive as you would expect. Purely amazing. Location is perfect! The best element of this place is the service. From the door staff, bar staff and finally all the table staff. Blain was by far the nicest wait staff. A lot of fun. Super niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outIanVenDined on 10/16/2014What a terrific place. The food was fantastic. We ordered the whole chicken for two... Bring your appetite! It's a ton of food with great fixins and delicious chicken. Truffled, deep fried and decadent! The service was top notch. Everyone did a great job and seemed genuinely passionate about the whole experience. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- haypaulaDined on 10/16/2014The service we received at Emeril's was amazing! The attention to detail so impressive. All the servers, hostess, waiter were so very attentive. water glasses were never empty! All were friendly and patient with our menu questions. The dinner rolls and bread were to die for. My pork chop was very thick, moist and tasty.And sweet potatoes were delicious. I usually choose a seafood entree and in hindsight wish I had. But I was surprised there were limited fish entrees to choose from. I should have checked the menu before going. All in all a delightful experience in a classy location. Almost forgot! If you get the chance to sit at the food bar overlooking the kitchen I would go for that experience (unless on a romantic date).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to the basicsLoPaDined on 10/16/2014Who would have thought that fried chicken and banana cream pie could be life-altering experiences?Special Features:
- Stqcy LangOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014The whole experience was fabulous! Food was great! Service was top notch! Everything was just about perfect! Would recommend it for sure, and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Always a great choice! Service was wonderful and the food superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014This place makes me want to rent an apartment upstairs so I could eat at Emeril's every day. I don't know which is more outstanding, the food or the staff. This staff just loves you the minute you walk through the door...and not that cheezy way that some places do...they don't want to be your friend either....they just sincerely want you to have the best meal and experience possible. I wish I could get there more often! I live in NC, so this is always a big treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken an excellent choicepleasantpalateDined on 10/14/2014We met an associate for a business dinner here. We were a little unsure what to order and our waiter recommended the chef's special which was a truffle fried chicken. So amazing!! It was more than enough food to feed all three of us. For desert the banana cream pie which i would also highly recommend. Overall a very enjoyable dinner. Awesome and helpful waiter.Special Features:
- This clasiic doesn't disappointlisabVIPDined on 10/14/2014Herman gave us great service, the bruschetta with burrata and prosciutto was sublime and the fried chicken ethereal. Everyone in our party of five had a great time and loved their food, best dessert was the banana cream pie, on a very busy Tuesday night we felt well taken care of and the pace of service was just about perfect, thanks EmerilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinner in Nola4GirlfriendsDined on 10/14/2014Long wait for appetizer then dinner came right on top of it. Food was very good but service was a tiny bit off. Kept trying to remove a drink that was not done.Special Features:
- Perfect New OrleansBarryDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful ambiance, wonderful service, great drinks, unique menu, great location, and, most of all, food is as good as you will find in the wonderful City of New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit rushedtcutterVIPDined on 10/13/2014While the food was the typical excellent fare, we were responsible for the pacing of the meal. The wait staff's "attentiveness" was more like pressure.Special Features:
- Emeril'scatsiVIPDined on 10/13/2014We were so surprised to get the Chef's table in the kitchen. We had impeccable service, outstanding food, and getting to watch the ballet in the kitchen was so wonderful. The chefs are so much fun to watch. We were given samples and explanations about all of the food being prepared for us. I'm not sure how we rated the special treatment, but it was the highlight of our first trip to New Orleans. Emeril sure knows how to do it right! We will be telling everyone we know going to NOLA to go to his signature restaurant. The experience was off the charts!Special Features:
- Consistently very good restaurant.Knobby3Dined on 10/13/2014I often take clients for lunch at Emeril's when I'm in New Orleans for business at the convention center. It's convenient to the convention center, and my clients and I always enjoy our meal. The atmosphere is upscale but not pretentious, very welcoming. On my most recent visit, my client and I both ordered the grilled swordfish with tamarind glaze, and it was very, very good. The service was professional and friendly. The time between ordering and receiving our meal was just a touch too slow, but not enough to detract from our enjoyment. I plan to come back the next time I'm in New Orleans.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectationspaleowannabeDined on 10/12/2014Great atmosphere, cocktails were awesome. Waitress very helpful with wine selection. The baked scallops with sweet potatoe was quite possibly the best thing I have ever eaten!Special Features:
- Great food. Very pricey wineThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 10/12/2014Dinner was fantastic. Fresh fish, great veggies. Service from wait staff impeccable. Wine list impossible to decipher, very expensive and no help from sommelier.Special Features:
- AmazingnolafoodDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went to dinner for a special night and everything was amazing! There were plenty of staff to wait on us, and we never had to wait long for anything. All of the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good intro to New Orleans diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first night in NOLA and decided to try Emeril's since it was close to our hotel. Good decision. Started with the chicken and sausage gumbo and it was delicious, very flavorful. My wife and I decided to share the fried chicken for two as our entree. When it came out we knew we'd made the right choice. There was a ton of food as it comes with mac and cheese, baked beans, and slaw on the side. We couldn't eat it all and actually took enough chicken for lunch the next day. My only regret was that we didn't have room for desert. The restaurant's decor and ambiance are lively and seem to fit with their namesake's reputation. Our service was good for the most part but seemed to lag at the end. Paying was a bit slow-minor complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Favourably ImpressedyummyDined on 10/11/2014Went there largely on Emeril Lagasse's reputation, and it does not disappoint. For appetizers, we had the Andouille and Boudin Sausages, Barbequed Shrimp and Fried Calamari. The sausages were very flavourful but not overpowering. I normally don't go for shrimp, but these were cooked perfectly and the sauce was very good. We had the pork chops (cooked perfectly) and the Andouille Crusted Fish. The shoestring potatoes swimming in sauce detracted slightly from the fish. The signature dessert is the Bananna Cream Pie, and it's a winner. Another winner is the Cinnamon Cheesecake. Cinnamon and cheesecake is not a common combination, but it works, especially with the lemon sorbet. All in all, Emeril's reputation is well deserved.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutDined on 10/10/2014Loved the service, ambiance and everything else about this restaurant. It was top notch and the servers were very friendly and helpful, and best of all, they didn't seem in rush to "turn the table over" as in many restaurants today. The food was outstanding, and everyone in our party loved what they chose. Only negative is the noise level. The restaurant was quite busy and so the noise level was louder than we liked. Felt like we had to speak louder to hear one another than we would have otherwise liked. However, I would recommend this restaurant and would definitely go back there to enjoy another great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLivetoeatDined on 10/10/2014It was a great decision to spend my birthday dining at Emeril's. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I had to be satisfied with my second choice because they were out of the scallops by 8pm. Fortunately, though, the duck was amazing! My husband completely enjoyed the steak prepared perfectly with the unique sides. The dessert was made special by the personalization IN CHOCOLATE on the plate. Nice touch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lunch date with my son!KnottingislandDined on 10/10/2014My son and I usually choose Emerils when we are celebrating since it's quite a drive for us to do on a regular occasion. We enjoy the unique menu items! We (and our guests) have always thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- condesending waitressproperplaceDined on 10/10/2014When we sat down for lunch we noticed something odd about our place settings. We then realized that everything was backwards from traditional place settings. [Emily Post and silver smith guides.] The fork and spoon were face down, the knife blades faced outwardly instead of toward the plate. This was not a big deal I can switch things back. Out of curiosity I asked the waitress why they use this arrangement. She said very curtly that the blade was placed to avoid touching the sharp side and the fork and spoon were down to not show the "crest". I said that's different. She then really got uppity and said "that is how it is done in America". The rest of lunch she avoided us, but her assistant was very good. We were left to feel like heathens.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotMeladavDined on 10/10/2014Great spot for lunch! Food was wonderful and service very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised!SherkazDined on 10/9/2014The overall experience was good. Can't put my finger on it, but seems there should have been more Bang for the Buck!Special Features:
- Vicky wynnTotoDined on 10/9/2014I thought food was just to weird, nothing normal Bones should never be on fish, somebody could chokeSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014For the price and prestige the quality of the food was much better at many other restaurants we tried in NOLA.
- Loved EmerilsMinniedinerDined on 10/9/2014The service was superior, food lived up to the hype and our table was fantastic. One of the best evenings we have had in New Orleans. I would highly recommend Emerils. You know the dining experience is special when the waiter shakes you hand at the end of the meal and thanks you for dining at the restaurant. I would give it more stars if they were available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience!NEWagnersDined on 10/8/2014I was in New Orleans for a business conference, and didn't have a lot of extra time to do "fun" things. We had one night to have a special meal with friends, and we chose Emerils. We had never been there before, but decided to take a chance based on reputation alone. We enjoyed our evening very much!Special Features:
- Great place to eat.MattDined on 10/8/2014I made a reservation about two month out and glad I did. My party loved everythign about Emeril's from the atmosphere to the food. Also the service was outstanding as well. I am now incharge of making reservation anytime there is an Emeril's on my trips. My friends from Canada said "Emeril's was the best food and service the had all week in New Orleans."Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceSnowjacksDined on 10/8/2014We ate at three top notch restaurant in the convention center area of New Orleans, and Emeril's by far had the best wait staff. Keisha and her assistants made certain that we never waited for anything. From the moment we sat down until the moment we left, it was like we had our own personal server. Water glasses never went more than half empty, drinks were refilled before we hit bottom, and she was there to take our order within 15 seconds after we closed our menus. We were asked at least 5 times during the meal if everything was okay, and it was perfect. And the food... Our favorites were the barbequed shrimp and duck toast appetizers, the barbequed salmon entrée, and the lemon crème fraiche dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousFloridafoodiesDined on 10/6/2014Excellent in every way. Went for lunch and we were so impressed we went back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans StandoutmangiaDined on 10/5/2014We are from NY had our anniversary dinner here in NOLA It was romantic and the chef sent us a complimentary special dessert. I had stuffed oysters perfectly bread crumbed& garlicky.My husband had steak and requested mushrooms and onions with it.I guess no one ever asked for that because every guy who worked there including chef Will came to tell my husband that they all would order their steak like that in the future.It was aged and perfectly prepared and got everyone's mouths watering.we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Birthday DinnerEatdaw0rldDined on 10/5/2014Took my wife there for her 30th birthday. It was great. I had duck wings which were good but not great. The gumbo which was great and the pork chop which was great. My wife had BBQ shrimp great as well the ceasar salad which was average and the fish -drum- which was FANTASTIC. Made me regret my choice of the pork chop. We shared the banana cream pie which I thought was Okay but my wife thought was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.